Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adventures on the Lost Continent (Midnight Lass x Blood Red Romeo)

A wicked smile came to Lauren's face as she asked, "So, Captain, who in this room have you kissed and touched?"

Wel, he knew this was coming. He really couldn’t win against Lauren. That much was clear. He raised a hand and pointed towards her. But not directly at Lauren. Rather, the woman sleeping on her lap. “Saki,” he answered.

Saki woke up at the mention of her name. She gave the room a sleepy smile and looked questioningly at Orson pointing at her.

Lauren puckered her lips, making 'kissing sounds, then pointed between Saki and Orson. Saki blushed but nodded.

"Well, I'm fairly sure if she didn't want you to kiss her, you'd be recuperating in sickbay right now," Lauren chuckled, which got a laugh from everyone in the room.

“Trust me, the thought occurred to me. I may be stupid, but I’d never force myself on someone,” Orson replied. Other than the obvious reasons that Saki could easily kill him and, if he did succeed, the crew would kill him, it was just wrong. The idea itself completely turned him off. There was nothing to gain from it.

“My question may be cheating, but it goes to everyone: do you think less of me for doing that?” he asked. He wanted to know if the crew’s unity would be hurt by him doing that. If so, he’d certainly abstain from her. At least, he would try.

Saki had settled her head back down in Lauren's lap, looking up and grinning as Lauren looked down at her, talking to the Japanese woman in a nonsensical tone. "And where did he touch you, pretty girl? Did he touch you here? Or here?" Saki laughed as Lauren ran a finger across her face.

Luna just rolled her eyes at the inventor before turning her attention back to Orson. "I think that is cheating, Captain. Because if anyone refuses to answer and they take a command, you get to give multiple commands at once. Plus part of the fun is zapping someone with a question if you see their reaction to another question or command. Yes, I'm a barrister as well as a physicist," Luna laughed. "So I think you only get to ask one person that question, and have to wait until it's your turn again to ask someone different."

"Rather officiously put," Sabrina said with a half smile, "And these aren't court proceedings after all, just a harmless game being played in the pursuit of accruing arcane energy. A sentence I never thought I would use in my lifetime," Sabrina said with a chuckle. "But I do think we should stick to the rules."

“Fair,” he replied, also laughing a bit at Sabrina’s observation. It was rather ridiculous situation they were in, especially when one phrased it that way.

“Sabrina,” he said, focusing on the woman who spoke last. “What made you end up taking Luisa under your wing?” This had been something he had been quite curious about. How did an incredibly shy janitor become the assistant to a renowned professor?

"I was finishing up a subproject in my atrium, well the University's atrium," Sabrina corrected herself, "And when I walked out, one of the janitors was going through the trash. Mainly old plants I had dug up and thrown out. And making a mess while they were doing so. I was about to give them a stern lecture when the person digging through the garbage stopped and pulled out a large leaf. She then took out a notebook and made a sketching of the leaf. I saw that this person had made quite a few sketches and wrote questions down by her sketches. And---Lauren, do you mind?"

"What? I'm just asking my own questions?" Lauren said in mock innocence. She looked down at Saki and ran her finger over the other woman's throat. "Did he touch you here?" Saki didn't understand a word Lauren was saying, but thought it was a marvelous game, and just giggled in response.

"As I was saying, this young woman was making sketches in her notebook, just like...Captain, are you familiar with the Codex Arundel?" Sabrina asked.

Orson shook his head at the question. “I’m afraid not,” he answered. He was surprised to hear it was from art, not math. Luisa must be even more talented than he had thought.

He also couldn’t help but nervously look over at Lauren. He wondered if she’d find out where he touched Saki. And if she did, what would she think of that?

"It was one of the collections of Da Vinci's notebooks," Sabrina explained. "Where he sketched leaves and animals and other things, and wrote down his observations and questions about what he had observed. This young woman, whom I would learn her name was Luisa, was doing the same thing. Making observations about the world, making sketches of what she had seen, writing what she thought or what questions her observations inspired in her. When she saw me watching her, she tried to clean up her mess as fast as she could while trying to get away, but I got her calmed down, and was able to even look at her journal. And it was filled from front to back with her self-teaching in mathematics. It was amazing. Awe inspiring. How could I not, as you say, take her under my wing?"

Meanwhile, Lauren was gesturing between Saki and Orson, and asking, "So where did he touch you?"

Saki finally understood what Lauren was trying to ask her through gesturing and miming. She took Lauren's hand and put it over her right breast.

"Well, well," Lauren said, looking up at Orson.

It was a cute story. It was also nice to know that Luisa’s genius had been recognized. It would’ve been a tragedy if she had gone ignored to languish in obscurity. Already she was proving to be revolutionary on their craft.

“Umm,” he said, looking back at Lauren and Saki. Did she really think nothing of being touched there? “Sabrina, it’s your turn,” he said, trying to distract from the revelation that had hit Lauren.

Sabrina arched an eyebrow at Lauren and Saki, then turned her attention back to Orson. "I take it then that Miss Saki allowed you to explore her breasts?"

Meanwhile, Lauren had moved her hand back up to Saki's face and told the Japanese woman, "Don't worry, we'll find out what that bad old Captain did." Saki giggled at Lauren's tone, if not her words, and started drifting off again to sleep.

Nope. No escape. “Yes. Yes she did,” he replied. Now this was even more awkward. They now all knew he had kissed and touched Saki. His eyes couldn’t help but jump from woman to woman, trying to judge how much they were judging him.

"And that would be your turn for a question," Lauren chuckled.

Yes. He wanted to change focus. So he turned to his sacrifice: Bianca. “So, jumping back to before, you said you were courted by too many men to count. Why did you turn them all away? Were just none of them to your liking?” He wasn’t trying to imply she had to be in a relationship, it just surprised him that someone so popular would remain single.

"I couldn't say," Bianca finally answered. "My life has given me a lot of freedom, that being married wouldn't have allowed me. I mean, can you imagine a husband allowing his wife to go on an expedition like this? I think when I didn't go into a religious nursing order, my parents wanted to marry me off, but it was sort of too late. And, I'm not insulting your friend Henry or anything, but men either want a woman who will stay home and take care of their houses, or stay away once men have taken care of their business. And not saying I don't want to be courted, but I have things I want to do with my life, and I don't want a courtship that's going to be an either/or sort of situation. Does that make sense?"

“Perfect sense,” he replied. “No offense to Henry, but he’d very much expect a woman he marries to take care of the house and children. So it makes sense you wouldn’t fit,” he replied. “But I can relate. It’s hard to get wife that would be fine with their man leaving for a year or more at a time with no guarantee they’d even make it back. That’s why so many people in my profession are single. And why brothels are built so close to the docks,” he joked. He believed they were in similar situations. Both wanted relationships, but not one that would restrict their freedoms. It was a tall order.

"Well, I can see why you'd want to be friendly with Saki," Bianca observed, as the Japanese woman laughed at Lauren tracing her face with a finger. "She's happy to be here. And in answer to your earlier question, Captain, as long as you treat her with decency, I wouldn't have problem with your relationship with her or anyone else on board." Bianca watched Saki for a few seconds before adding, "And I have to give you kudos for having selected some of the women you have for the crew. Vu and Qui are absolutely in love with their kitchen and their attached quarters."

"And Luisa told me the quarters that she's sharing with Maria are the best she's ever had," Luna added. "Not that your crew quarters aren't comfortable, but they're not suites at the Waldorf either. But her and Maria are absolutely thrilled to be on board. So what's your question, Bianca?"

Bianca paused in thought, before asking, "Can I just pass my turn to someone else?"

The proposal was loudly, if teasingly, rebuffed by the other women.

"Okay, okay," Bianca said, as she gave the question some thought. Finally, she asked, "So, Captain, just how many of our crew have you kissed and touched, like you did with Saki?"

Orson was thinking of a creative way to answer this without giving away too much, but then decided to just get out with it. That might charge the emerald faster anyway.

“I’m glad you like the cabins,” he said at first, distracting from the answers. “I tried to prioritize comfort as much as possible, considering the situation. I’ve slept on standard issue bunks before. Never again,” he said, jokingly shuddering in fear. “As to your question, the answer is only one other for touching and kissing. But there are two others who I have only touched. So the total would be four, including Saki,” he finished. “I hope that’s a complete enough answer.”

"Is complete enough for me," Cristina answered. "And I have no problems with this, as long as you are decent, as Bianca said. Also, there cannot be hidden romances, if you are romancing one woman on crew, she must know you are romancing other women on crew as well. Cannot be secrets," she said with emphasis.

"Also, not sure if I would want to romance you, Captain," she continued. "But would not object to sharing you with crew members of Midnight Curse. I am becoming friends with all, even those whom I cannot speak with."

"Well, no objections to unsolicited answers," Bianca observed, "But it's still your turn, Captain."

“No secrets at all. I don’t plan on running around telling everyone everything that happens, but if I am to be involved with someone, I plan on making sure the know everything,” Orson assured them. He liked all the members of the crew. He’d never mislead them just to get them in his bed. That’d be awful. He also couldn’t help but stare a bit at Cristina when she revealed her willingness to share. That was one hell of a revelation, one he wouldn’t forget.

“Sabrina,” he said, turning to the French woman. “What is your type? What sort of people do you like?”

"I don't think I have a type," Sabrina replied. "Or not just one type of people that I like. C'est la variété qui rend la vie intéressante. Variety makes things interesting," Sabrina translated. "Take, for instance, Saki and Miharu."

At the sound of her name, Saki began to sit up. Lauren shushed her, placing her fingers on Saki's breastbone, and gently rubbed. Saki returned to her half slumber.

"From what I have seen, they are deadly, fierce and fearless," Sabrina remarked. "And yet Saki lies there as innocent and gentle as the proverbial lamb. Yet I do not doubt that either her or Miharu have their equals anywhere in the realm of combat. On board this airship, there are people that are unequaled in their areas of knowledge, and yet, at their core, they are good and decent. So they maybe have different manners, different ways of viewing the world, but at their core, they are to be trusted. Does that answer satisfy you, Captain?"

“Yes, it does,” he answered. He more meant what type of men attracted her, but that was more than enough for him. Honesty is where the magic emerald powers came from after all. “Please, ask your question.”

"I have a question for Luna," Sabrina asked. Luna perked up at this. "If you could expand any room on the airship like you did this one, which one would it be?"

"Well, it's not a matter of choice," Luna began. "For example, the Captain wanted to expand the fuel tanks for the airship, but that wouldn't work, not only because of the location of the fuel tanks, but because of the primary state of the matter of what was stored in there, i.e., liquid fuel. In addition, you have to---"

"Non, non, non,' Sabrina said with a laugh. "I did not ask for a dissertation. Let us say that the laws of physics may be set aside for your whims. Which room would you expand on the airship?"

"That's easy," Luna said. "The library. First of all, even if the ship gets bounced about by turbulence, the books will stay on the shelf. And we could put more books in there, set up displays for artifacts or fossils or minerals or anything else we found. We could have a little museum going in there!"

"A fascinating answer," Sabrina said with a nod of her head. "And now it is your turn."

"I have a question for the Captain," Luna said with a wicked smile.

That was interesting. Orson hadn’t even thought of that. On a similar note, he’d probably expand the kitchen. No chance of dishes breaking from turbulence. Still, he knew why the library appealed the most the these women.

“Let me hear it,” he answered, ready to answer whatever question she had for him.

"So, Captain James, you will notice there are no small breasted women on board," Luna began.

Lauren interjected "I'm sure he's noticed" with a snicker.

"Please," Luna waved Lauren to silence, which got a snicker from the reclining Saki.

"Hush, you," Lauren said, tapping Saki on the nose. This got a giggle from Saki.

"So whose breasts would you most like to see in all their glory?" Luna asked.

"Luna!" Bianca said, shocked.

"It is a rather provocative question," Sabrina remarked.

"Legitimate, though," Cristina observed, obviously not perturbed by its less than delicate nature. "Your answer, Captain James?"

Back
Top Bottom