Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Prince's Love (Kolath x Nightsorceress)

Kolath

Pulsar
“Presenting his royal highness King Edwin Lancelot Friedrich Von Shendelier. Long live the king!” “LONG LIVE THE KING!” Edwin sighed softly as he rubbed his ear from the loud shout in his honor. He was told he would get used to it but honestly it had been six months already since his father died and it was still just getting on his nerves. With the herald’s duty done he stepped back leaving Edwin along sitting on the dias in front of the gathered court. It was open court day anyone could bring problems and grievances before the king to have him decide how to have it fixed.

He wondered what things would be brought before him today. Mostly it was the nobles doing something to defer to him to try and win points. Some of the things however were interesting to him. Mostly those issues brought before him by the average people of his country They were always so simple and interesting, not simple as in easy to solve but rather they were the problems that were of a common man not a high lord. Today he had decided to switch things around and had the common men first today letting the high lords and citizens wait their turn. The daggers he was getting glared at him at this moment when it had been announced actually made him want to make it permanent would cut down on the stupid things.

He was a bit surprised that his castle cook was the one that came forward first she was an older woman with grown children who did her best and ahd plenty of help in the kitchen. She bowed and he smiled at her. “Rose what is it that I can do for you?” She nodded, “Your majesty. I am needing to inquire who you would like to put on food delivery for the prisoner in the northwestern tower? Your father gave strict instructions that the one that delivered food had to be blind and deaf. Unfortunately there is no one in the whole castle nor the town around it that fits that requirement so I wished to ask. We have been just blindfolding whoever went in but that's not the same.” Edwin frowned slightly, he knew of no prisoner in the northwest tower. He looked to his prime minister who shook his head as well clearly not knowing anything of said prisoner either. “Rose I will have to think on the question and get back to you. For now continue with the blindfolds, I will have an answer for you before the day is out.”

The question never left his mind through all of the court the rest of the day. After the last citizen had left he stood up and went to the chamber for smaller council meetings. Asking his advisors about it they knew nothing and that bothered him more. Around dinner time he came to the kitchen and took the tray himself to the northwestern tower. He had the guard open the door and then without blindfold or anything he walked into the tower to see who it was that was imprisoned here.

Time past slowly for Lilian in the tower. She had tried for years for someone to talk to, but there was no one the person who brought her food for years could not speak. She felt alone in every minute of every day. A blindfold covering her vibrant purple eyes, chains on her wrist stopping her from using her magic. It was a lonely life in deed. The worst part is she did not know why the King had locked her away.

Lily was just a girl when she was locked away in the tower, her mother was the one to chain her with the magical binding and she was unable to tell her. Then her mother stopped coming, she presumed she must have died but there again no one told her. But her heart ached the most for the one she loved most in the world. A prince, the kings son. She loved him first as a friend and then those feeling grew. In her alone time often thought of him, and she wondered if he ever thought about her, or did he hate her like his father did for some unknown reason.

She was sitting in the corner of her cell that day when she heard foot steps. They didn’t sound like the foot steps of servants, no this sounded like boots hitting the stones. With her eyes completely covered her hearing was quiet good. She rose from the corner now standing in the middle of her cell. “Who’s there” she called, a hint of fear in her voice.

Edwin took the key he had been given and unlocked the door having already heard the sound of the woman’s voice coming from inside the cell. He wondered what woman had been such a danger to the realm that they had been locked up here, without anything being told. Stepping inside he looked around the room and frowned, he didn’t see her for a moment his eyes took in the sparse room knowing it was mean to be a jail cell but still to be locked in this tower would have normally meant she was at least of noble rank to some degree but this was the cell of a commoner at best if not worse than that.

Everything was making less and less sense to him, why didn’t he know how this prisoner was, why had his father not told him about her. He knew it was a her from the servants that had come in the last weeks that her normal blind and deaf servant had died. After a moment his eyes adjusted and he saw her sitting in a corner and her jet black hair flowing down around the blindfold that covered her eyes. He came over to her with the tray of food and set it down on the table near her. “I should be asking you that question after all you are the one locked away in my tower. And from what I can see…” he reached down touching the chains on her wrists. “You appear to be a spell caster.” There was something about her that looked familiar and he felt a tightness in his chest he couldn’t explain. “My name is Edwin, I am the king of this land. It would appear my father put you here, why?”

She heard the keys turn in the lock and was afraid of who might be behind that door. No one but servants ever came to her room. This most certainly wasnt a servant. She stood there a moment as he moved around the room. Her clothes were tattered just enough cloth left to cover her breasts and her woman her. She was slender, and on her right hip there was birth mark that was the shape of a star. Her skin was very fair missing sunlight for many years.

As he drew closer she froze a moment she felt him touch her chains. He knew she had magic, which of course shocked her. But then he said his name. “Edwin” she whispered slightly. She at first was excited but then fear started to grip her. “It can’t be, the king said you died....what unholy demon are you?” She demanded but she was afraid now.

Edwin blinked a little bit at her response to his comment he had not been expecting something like that from her. Pleading for her life from the new king, sure but accusing him of being a demon, that took him a bit off guard. He looked at her and frowned there was something about her that seemed so familiar. His eyes looked over her chains not even caring about her barely clothed state at the moment the fact she was a woman was merely that a fact not a point for him to concern himself with at the moment.

He had been an apt pupil of the sorceress that served his father till she died. And he knew the runes carved into the chains and painted onto the blindfold. After a moment he looked down over her body just taking a measure of her as a threat physically and he paused for a moment seeing the birthmark and blinking. He had seen that before a long time ago...it was identical to Lily’s, a bit larger than the time she had shown it to him when they were children but otherwise identical. Knowing the runes on her blindfold were meant to block second sight but nothing else he thought he could risk it. “I am Edwin and I never died...Now I’m going to take your blindfold off so you can see me, at the first sign of trouble I will put it back do you understand?” He reached out to untie it assuming she didn’t pull away.

Her head felt like it was swimming now what was he saying. He wa Edwin? But how? His father told her he was died and she was the reason for it. She had always been able to feel his energy but then when she entered this room she could no longer feeling and she knew he must have died. “I...I don’t understand...I....If your him tell me something only he and I would know...I am Lily... Please tell me” she had tears forming underneath the blindfold. Could his father gone through all this to block his energy from her? Why though why would he go through all this trouble to stop them being together.

She froze their a moment as he said he would remove the blindfold. “I wont do anything to hurt you if you truly are Edwin” she said softly frozen in place. It had been so long since she had the blind fold removed. She could barely remember life without it

His heart stopped dead for a moment as she said her name. His eyes looked at her face still covered by the blindfold and saw it instantly how could he have missed it before. “Lily…” he swallowed and reached out brushing his fingers over her cheeks before they slipped back shaking softly as he untied her blindfold pulling it away his hands coming back to her cheeks as he looked at her. She was older but there was no doubt that she said it this was Lily...alive a bit worse for wear but alive. “Something only I would know…” He smiled looking into her eyes his own filling with tears. “We kissed, and I don’t mean like when we were kids kissing like brother and sister.” He leaned closer whispering into her ear. “We were fifteen, I gently pressed you back against the wall behind the tapestry in the northern hallway. My fingers tangled with yours as your hands were above your head, you were shuddering like a leaf but you didn’t fight me as I gently held you there and leaned in pressing my lips to yours. The kiss to seal my oath to you, that I would be your husband one day.”

She the knot be undone behind her head. She felt the cloth slip from her face her eyes remained closed a moment before slowly revealing her bright purple eyes. She looked at him for a long moment. He was older now much more a man then the boy she knew. But the light began to hurt her eyes. Being covered for so long they were longer use to the light. She had to close them again. She listen to the words he spoke remembering that day all to well. She rembered feeling the cold stone against her back as he held her in place there. She remembered how strong and force he was something a future king needed to be. But she wasn’t afraid of him. No she loved him in that moment when he swore to make her his. “Oh god Edwin it really is you.” She wanted to hug him she wanted to feel him in her arms again but she couldn’tt not with the chains on.

Edwin couldn’t believe it hardly as he took off her blindfold and her bright purple eyes shone at him for a moment before they had to shut again. He bit his lip softly and then smiled brightly before he heard the clink of her chains. He frowned looking down at them before he let his fingers trace them finding no lock or way to remove them. He brushed the tears of happiness from his eyes as he tried to look at the runes a bit closer and then saw it. He pulled a dagger from his belt and cut a small slit in his thumb before pressing it to the blood rune. The rune flashed bright hot for a moment sealing the cut on his thumb before the chains burst from her in small sparks of energy as his blood dispelled the magic binding her there. He didn’t care why she was there, she was back from the dead. “God...Lily...I thought you were dead.” His hands brushed her cheeks again before he leaned in and captured her lips in a kiss soft and gentle almost to make sure she was really there.

She felt his finger touch her chains now. She wondered if he had a key to release her, but suddenly she felt the cuffs heat up and then fall away. Her wrist underneath were raw and red from years of wearing those. But she didn’t seem to care for the first time in so long she was free. She felt his lips against hers and kissed him so very softly, she slowly broke the kiss her eyes opening again to look at him. Before she had to close them again. She moved forward she wrapped her arms around him hugging him to her. Her head pressed against his chest listening to his heart beat. “I thought you were dead” She hugged him again “why would your father do this to me, I don’t understand”

He wrapped his arms around her small frame holding her against his chest as he leaned down kissing her hair and holding her tight against him. He didn’t understand either something must have happened. “I don’t know Lily, I don’t know why my father did this. Or why your mother told me you had died either. I...something must have scared them.” He sighed and held her close realizing now just how little clothing she had on as his hands were finding little cloth and mostly bare skin as he touched her back and held her close against him. “Maybe...They wouldn’t have done this because…” he pulled back and looked down at her eyes. “Because I was falling in love with you would they?” his eyes were questioning but at the same time he wasn’t so sure about his father...it was just like him if it was something that he didn’t approve of.

It felt nice to be held in his arms again, she felt the warmth of his body on her exposed skin, she didn’t care she hardly had any clothes on she was safe in his arms. She wanted to try to open her eyes again to look at him again but the bright light was just simply to much for her right now. “I don’t think my mother would have willingly done this to me...to us. She loved you as a son, she thought you magic after all, and she knew how special you were to me” She sighed. She hated to ask because she did not want to put him in that position but what choice did she have. “Would your father hate me and fear me that much that he would do this?”

Edwin sighed and stepped bac a little looking down into her eyes as they blinked open and then closed again. He realized what was going on and waved a hand, the shutters on the windows shut with a loud bang and the light in the room dropped to just the mild candle light he had brought with him. He breathed out a soft word and the candles themselves dimmed as well not going out but putting the room into a very soft glow something that he hoped wouldn’t overwhelm her eyes any more. “There...that should help, try opening your eyes again Lily...I miss looking at your eyes.” He thought over her question as he stood there looking down at her and sighed. “Hated you...I doubt it, feared...maybe.” He sighed again shaking his head. “Feared what you were...not your power...but our love. He would have feared our falling in love and marrying because it would have destroyed his plans for me...not that they worked anyway. He didn’t know that I was already oathsworn to you.”

The loud bang of the shutters startled her she had not expected them to close especially since he hadn’t left her side. She smiled. “I see my mother taught you well” she hadn’t dared to try and use her magic again, it had lid dormant for far to long who knows what sort of things could happen. She slowly opened her eyes again and the light much dimmer than it was before. It still hurt a bit but it was manageable, she looked up at him studying his face. He was handsome as young man but now he was even know more handsome. He was tall and strong, like a king should be, he had a commanding presence about him now that he didn’t have when they were younger. “His plans for you?” She questioned softly and then it hit her, he was a king now he must have taken a queen by now. Her heart felt like it sank to her toes.

He looked down at her and smiled his hand coming up to brush her cheeks and sighed softly as he looked into those lovely pools of bright purple light that were her eyes. His own dark amber ones shining in warmth and love. “Yes he wanted to see me marry a princess from our greatest enemy to cement an alliance between us. She and her father came to finalize the details and while they were here they assassinated my father and tried to take me as well.” He smirked and reached into his shirt pulling out the amulet she had given him when they had sworn their oaths to each other. “She had tried to charm me, but didn’t know that your oath gift still hung around my neck and blocked her spell. That was six month ago.”

She couldn’t believe he had the amulet she had given him. Her fingers touched it “I told you it would protect you always” she smiled a little. But then look sad “Your father took the ring you gave me that” she sighed a little part of her was glad the king was gone, even though it was his father, she did hate him for what he did to them both. She looked at him again. “So you have not gotten married?” She questioned softly. He was a king for 6 months he could have course married another in that time. Another political marriage, or worse he could have fallen in love with someone else.

Edwin smiled and leaned down close to her as his hand cupped her cheek. “No. I am unmarried Lily. The girl I loved I thought was dead, and the girl I was arranged to marry by my father tried to enchant me. And died on my blade.” His face went hard for a moment before it softened again before leaning down and kissing her lips again smiling against them. “Though this girl I just met in a tower seems to be rather clingy and seems to like me a lot. Maybe I should see if she is interested in becoming queen. What do you think?”

Her face nuzzled against his hand as he spoke, she loved the warmth of his touch. It warmed her very soul. She felt bad he had to endure such things but he was here now, once again with her. As he spoke of not being married she smiled even though she tried to hide it. She didn’t want to seem over excited that he was still free to possiable love her again. “I don’t know can you trust such a clingy girl who has been locked away for so long?” She teased him a little just as she did when they were younger. Her smile filled her face. He made her happy again.

He smirked and his hands brushed down her arms to her hands his fingers tangling with hers before his eyes flashed playfully and he pinned her back against one of the nearby walls. His hands pinned hers above her head as he leaned down nuzzling her lips softly as he kissed her again. “With my very life. And the lives of all my subjects as well.” He smiled and kissed her again harder as he pressed her gently but firmly to the wall not letting her escape as he moved down to kiss and nibble at her neck like he had so many years before. “You know our oath we swore together...should have been fulfilled a few years ago. As I remember the oath it was to be fulfilled by me taking you to my bed binding us together for our entire lives. The wedding ceremony was just for everyone else to see.” He was a little shocked by his actions and his desires at this point, he wondered for a moment if the oath was making him crave her since it should have bound them together years before.

She did not fight him as he moved her against the wall. Holding her there her hands high above her now, just as they were the night her had sworn the oath to her. “I remember, we would become one when our bodies became one, you my protector, my king, I would be your precious flower, forever by your side” She smiled a little remembering part of the oath they had shared. Her body now pulsed as just saying those words started to reawaken the power of the oath. “I want that, I want you” she smiled kissing him now her kiss reinforced the words she had just spoken. “I think though first first I would like a chance to bath, plus I am sure you want time to adjust to me being back in your life.”

Edwin paused mid kiss and then laughed softly as he felt the rush of need the oath sparked but at the same time was hearing the words she was saying. He knew she was right as he stepped back and nodding. “Your right, but I want you in my life Lily. So don’t think that I’m going to be releasing you from your oath.” He smiled and then kissed her again before he stepped back and offered her his hand. “Come on let me take you to your old chambers...it has never gotten reassigned since your mother…” he paused and frowned slightly looking at her. “I...Lily your mother has died since the last time I saw you...did you know?”

“I hope you never release me from my oath, just as i hope you never want to be released from the oath” she smiled softly. She took his hand. As he mentioned her mother she looked down. “I wasnt completely sure what happen to my mother, as no one would tell me, but i did assume she was dead.” She felt sad in that moment hoping her mothers death was not a painful one, she missed her mother very much and now more than ever she wished she could talk to her one more time. It would help to fill in some unanswered questions.

He sighed and nodded before slipping his arm around her waist before turning to lead her out of the tower room where she had been kept for so long. He held her close leaning over to kiss her temple as she spoke about her mother. “I fear she is dead, She seemed to pass easily enough one morning the guards went to find her when she didn’t show up for a council meetings, and she was dead in her bed seemingly while she slept.”

They came down the stairs from the tower room the guards at the entrance who had been tasked to keep all but the servant from going up froze as they saw their king coming down with someone. Edwin’s eyes fell on the maid who had bought the tray of food for him to take up to the tower room in the first place. “Run to the kitchen girl and have Rose prepare a proper meal and then bring it to the north wing the sorceress’ quarters. Also see that a tub with hot water is brought up as well.” The girl look wide eyed in shock at the orders and looked to the girl who she knew had been bound in the tower till now. “Yes your majesty.”

She was glad to hear her mother past in her sleep. She was still sadden by the fact she will never get to see her again. As they made their way out of the room Lily felt like a weight had been lifted from her. She looked at the room one more time hoping she would never have to see it again. As they left the room she felt her eyes again hurt from the sunlight coming in through the tower. She barried her face against Edwin’s side now. Hiding her senestive eyes from the sun.

She heard the voices now as Edwin gave orders to someone. A proper meal and a bath, two things she had longed for for a while now. She held tight to him hoping he would understand she was not going to be able to look around as they walked to her old chambers. “It feels good to be leaving that horriable place, I don’t ever want to see inside it again.” She told him softly

OOC: Seems like PMs are down again I will be online for a while if you will be

He understood very well and nuzzled her hair softly as the maid ran off to see to the commands he had given. “I understand and if you want I can go so far as to having the tower torn down and replaced with something else if you wish.” He held her close to his side as they walked through the halls of his castle soon turning into the northern wing where her mother had basically had her own little kingdom inside his father’s castle. The arcane library, the potions lad, a summoning chamber, and several other rooms not to mention the rooms that Lily and her mother had lived in were all in this wing which had be specially built for the sorceress out of a magically conductive stone. He led her to the chambers once shared by her and her mother. “Here we are.” He unlocked the room with one of the keys he kept with him at all times.

Back
Top Bottom