Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread of Fate *1x1 with Jikkah*

"Are you hungry at all?" Ieyasu asked as they walked, "If you want a few days after you heal to get situated, feel free. I won't push you to work if you aren't ready."

Ren didn’t know how to respond to such kindness; should he take this mans word? “I am hungry, aye..” He nodded.

Megohime had been at Osaka for about a month, working diligently in Hideyoshi’s court as well as keeping Masamune informed. Megohime moves through the massive estate, hands full of papers, she had been told of the general areas she wasn’t permitted, but it was hard to keep track of them all.

She noticed Hanbei and a few guards constantly coming and going from one of the rooms; naturally curious of such things with Masamune, it made her want to investigate what was in there.

Megohime debated for hours weither or not to go into the room, pacing back and forth multiple times before finally deciding to go inside. Megohime made sure no one was around before sliding the door open and slipping inside, closing the door behind her. She was met with a long corridor with multiple doors, and moving down, she peeked inside each room. Every room seemed to be empty, all except for one. A man sat with us back to the door, Megohime’s eyes widened at the familiar jacket back. “Kojurou..?”

Last edited:
Kojurou turned his head, eyes wide in surprise, "Megohime-dono? What are you doing here? You'll get in trouble, Masamune-sama doesn't need any more stress."

“Like hell..!” She hissed quietly as she moved into the room, closing the sliding door behind her softly. “What’s going on? Why are you here and not in Oshuu?”

"They captured me and brought me here to make Masamune-sama more vulnerable. They want me to join them." He answered, "They tell me Masamune-sama is dead..."

Megohime froze, eyes wide; Masamune dead? Surely such a thing couldn’t be possible, no, that man couldn’t die so easily. She lowered her gaze and clenched hers fists. “He isn’t dead..” She had no such proof, and she had yet to receive his letter for her that week, but she knew in her heart he was alive.

"I know.." Kojurou replied, "Masamune-sama is much too stubborn to die. They're just trying to break me. They haven't tried swaying you to their side, have they?"

Megohime shook her head. “Everything has proceeded as normal.” She said quietly. “Nothing has been out of the ordinary at all other than finding you.”

Megohime placed a hand over her swelling belly, only just starting to protrude and become noticeable. “Forgive me, I cannot do much to release you from here, but I will send word to Masamune-sama of your condition and location.” She said softly.

Last edited:
He bowed gently to her in gratitude before glancing at her stomach, "How is your child faring...? There's been no extra stress, has there...?"

“As little as possible as being born into a world filled with war.” She said with a slight bitter tone, which was understandable; no mother wanted to birth their child up in such dangerous times. She stood and moved back to the door. “I’ll head for my chambers, just... Be careful.” She said as she quietly slid the door open.

"You as well, Megohime-dono.." He said softly before sitting back down and meditating.
As Megohime made her way back from where Kojurou was being held, a ghost seemed to pass by her. It was Matsunaga, making his way to Kojurou.

Megohime’s eyes widened, and her paced slowed to a stop, staring down at the floor in shock. She had seen him die, he had been consumed by flames, yet there he was. She felt like she couldn’t breathe; he had seen her, hadn’t he? Why was he there? Was she caught?

"It's so good to see you again, Lady Dragon." His voice was still so haunting. "I trust you have fared well since our last meeting. How is Masamune? I hear Oshuu has turned against him."

Megohime felt that fire flare up, but she clenched her fists, digging her nails into the palms of her hands so she wouldn’t strike out at him. “If you’ve heard of the situation, then you don’t need me to explain it to you.” She said lowly, not turning to face him.

"I merely wondered if you had heard. The clans all joined Toyotomi and betrayed him. If the rumors are true then your dear husband is dead." He told her coolly.

“Rumors are just that. I don’t tend to put much faith in something that has no weight behind it.” She said, brows furrowed, but even after all her tough talk, she still worried greatly for her husband.

"Of course. Let's hope your next letter from him returns swiftly." He said before moving down the hall and heading toward where she had found Kojurou.

Back
Top Bottom