Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

"Ooo thanks babe. I am starving." Jake let Owen down so he could grab his plate. Adri was a dream making him food. He took a few bites.

Jake told her parents they were more than welcome to come to the premiere. "Just know some of the beginnings of the docu may be hard for you..." He told her mom. Jake had warned his own mother as well. "Once we get out of Denver, it's not too bad..." Jake appreciated Maria and knew she was more of a mother than his own. She was even protective. He kept eating as they talked, before moving to sit next to Adri.

"You can stay as long as you want. You're always welcome. We just don't want you to feel used or under appropriated." At the time, they were very big help for them both.

“I don’t want to walk the carpet. Too many cameras.” Maria said told Jake. “But we will watch the movie.”

Adri smiled. “You don’t have to walk the carpet mom. There is a back door. I think Jake’s mom is doing the same thing. His dad already has his suit picked out. It’s really cute.” Adri laughed.

“I can hire someone to send you dress and suit options if you want. Or you can wear something from your closet.”

Her father raised his eyebrows, “Finally paying for your prom is paying off. I want full glam. Hair, make up, nails. I’m walking that carpet.” He stood up and demonstrated his model walk.

“Okay. Okay.” Adri rolled her eyes. “I’ll get you both a glam squad.” She smiled.

Her parent stayed another hour. When Oakley woke up, her mom got the bottles started while Adri changed them. Then they ate and needed to be changed again and get ready for bathtime.

When bath time was over, Adri read Owen two books and he got through one and half before falling asleep. Max stayed with him. The twins were up but settled. Adri had her food and ate it happily.

“You want to start the doc in the movie room?” She asked him.

Jake just looked at Maria. He understood not wanting a bunch of cameras in her face but if they were getting dressed up, he wanted pics together. "Can we have our own photographer capture pics of everyone dressed up? I want pics of my family for this. It's important to me. But it doesn't have to be on the red carpet. We can go in first and do it inside or somewhere else." He told them.

Jake chuckled when her dad mentioned getting glammed up. "Nails huh? Make up too?!" He smiled.

He helped with feeding them and bath time with all three kids. Jake gave Owen a kiss and hug and let Adri handle the stories and have some time with Owen.

"Yeah the movie room sounds good. I just want to be able to cuddle." He told her before he got the docu set up and just have to hit play. He had water ready. But had to forgo the snacks.

“Of course we can take pictures together. Should we meet here? And take pictures together.” Maria asked.

Adri smiled, “We will figure it out the closer we get. I don’t think we are leaving from here to drive to the strip. We should probably stay at the Cosmo or the MGM, so the man of the hour can make his timely appearance.” She smiled at Jake and kissed his cheek.

She picked up Oakley and took her to the movie room. They’d both be asleep soon, but if they put them in their cribs they would fight it and cry. “I give them thirty minutes and we can watch.” She told Jake and rocked her baby and patted her back.

It took about forty minutes before they were transfer ready. She took Oakley upstairs and set her in her crib. She put the foot monitor on her and rubbed her stomach to keep her asleep. When Oliver was down, she put on the noise machine and baby monitors and went back downstairs.

“Movie time.” She smiled at Jake and kissed his cheek. “I’m excited.”

Jake smiled at Adri. He had hired someone to design him a really cool suit. Even Adri didn't know anything about it. He was excited to surprise her.

He held his hands out for Oliver. If he held him he figured it would quicken the sleeping process. He liked his time with the babies. They had been fighting her parents for them and then even had Owen to show attention to.

Once the twins were down and Adri came back to the movie room, Jake smiled at her. "My time with the twins." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"I'm nervous more than excited. I hope you like it..." He told her softly and snuggled up to her as he started the documentary. "I do think you'll the love the way it starts..."

The documentary starts with a quick flash as him becoming UFC champion, him with Adri dressed up at an event, Jake with Owen from behind at the park. You hear different sports announcers and news out let's call Jake Champion. Even Joe Rogon mention how far Jake had come. Then there were a bunch of quick flashes from the most recent accomplishments in his life backwards to Jake standing on the road he grew up on front of his old house.Then the view shows the back of Owen standing where Jake was in front of the same house to make it look like little Jake standing in front of his childhood home. Then Jake's voice comes on the screen. "This is my story. My story of how I came from this little house in Denver to UFC World Champion with a loving and supportive family. Odds were against me. But a true fighter does whatever it takes to have your hand raised and titled champion. That road was hard. With a lot of people and situations against me. But if I can make it. So can you."

Then flashed the title, "The Drifter's Road to Fortitude: The Jake Daniels Story". 'Drifter' was in red, his name was in gold, the rest in black.

Jake kept watching Adri's reaction.

Adri smiled through the whole thing and then felt tears pooling her eyes. She reached over and gave Jake a hug. “I’m so proud of you Boo. This took a long time and brought out a lot of demons but look at it.” She kissed kissed him again and hugged him one more time.

“And my baby looks so tiny.” She wiped her eyes and looked at the screen. “When did he get so tall and big?” He was almost two when they started filming and now he was almost four.

“I’m glad we are doing this now. I might cry through the whole thing.” She laughed. “I don’t want to cry at the premiere.”

Jake smiled at her and gave her a kiss back. "Thanks babe." He let out a sigh. "It brought out a lot of demons. I was very hesitant to even have the house be in the opening. But that's really kick started everything...and just because it effects me doesn't mean it would to the people it would help."

He shook his head. "I have no idea. He's growing like a weed. He looks like a little man now. Four going on fourteen..."

"I'm waiting for mom to not talk to me after she watches it." Jake wasn't ready to see the clips of being back in the house but that was what he wanted to get that reaction and emotion out without being in front of everyone.

He sat up, almost ready to get up or pace if he needed to as they kept watching. The clips of the house cleary affected him. They showed some pics of Jake as a baby and kid. Some by himself, some of Amy and him and some of them with his mom. He didn't show his stepfather. But the abuse was discussed. It was probably the hardest seeing it effect himself and Amy. Jake's leg moved a bit. A tear in his eye.

In the docu, Jake sat and talked about the house and it's effect on him and his sister. "I've beaten a lot of opponents. But in a way, that house just keeps getting back up. It's crazy a building can have that effect on you." Then it was shown the positive things he'd like to do on that property and what he'd do if h could get the legal right to it.

"Babe...do you remember what we did after this?" He smiled a little.

“Or it could show her how much it hurts you still. She could give you the keys and deed and you can burn that bitch down.” Adri smiled. “I don’t know. Your dad is doing a lot of good to her. She’s trying…sometimes. With Owen and Logan and the twins. She wants to be there. She doesn’t know how. This could show her the first step.” Adri shrugged.

She thought about, “We did a lot. Uhm…made the twins? Didn’t we go to a rodeo? We went to a lot of bars. Karaoke.” She laughed.

“What are you thinking about?” She asked and rubbed the back of his hand.

Jake listened to her say his mom was trying and doing better. She was. But it still wasn't enough for him. It may never be enough for him. When you get sucker punched, you keep your hands up to protect your face. He wasn't gonna let his guard down. Now or maybe ever. "I know she is. It would help if she let me tear it down. The whole fucking place is just evil." He said softly. "I still don't trust her with our kids alone though. Not sure if I ever will." He shook his head. It said a lot they'd hire a practical stranger to nanny their kids but his mother wasn't to be left alone." He shrugged. "I don't care if she is mad at me or not. It's the truth. It's my story. Maybe she shouldn't have chosen who she did over her children..." He said softly.

Jake grinned and nodded as she listed all of those. "I was thinking the twins. We went back to the cabin just the two of us and broke that place in. We both worked on endurance and stamina that day!" He grinned proudly and kissed Adri.

"Regardless, it was a fun trip. I really appreciate that you did that with me. I'd road trip with you anywhere babe." He looked at her and smiled.

Adri couldn't argue with that logic. His mother chose the wrong person and caused this destruction of a relationship with her kids.

She rolled her eyes when he was thinking of their romp around their cabin. Because of course that's what he was thinking of. "That was a good trip. We got a lot done." She agreed. "More than we planned even." She shook her head.

She kept watching and smiled when clips of her favorite fight came on. Her voice played over the clip, "I love that fight." She laughed and looked at Jake. "I'm surprised you kept that in." She told him.

“Oh god. What else did you keep in?" She remembered saying a lot about Dana, but said he would cut out the awful bits.

Jake didn't even have time to respond because it immediately went to her least favorite fight. She visibly cringed at every punch Pereira threw that connected with Jake. And then showed the aftermath with the huge cut over his eye. It cut to a clip of Adri shaking her head. “Hated it. Hated Dana’s response more.” It cut to Luke’s take on the fight.

Adri bit her tongue and looked at Jake, “I remember a much longer and much aggressive rant after that.” She laughed. She kissed Jake’s cheek and squeezed his hand.

"We did get a lot done. It was a good trip. It brought out some demons but also had a lot of good moments." He kissed her cheek.

He chuckled and shrugged. "Why wouldn't I keep that in? It's your favorite. People want to know that stuff. You just have to watch..."

Jake watched the clips like it was thr first time of the last fight. He pointed out which hit actually busted him open. It wasn't the best fight to give her commentary on. Cause that was her least favorite. "Oh I know it was longer. But I didn't want to get fired. Or fined. We are pushing for more medical protection while fighting so some good is hopefully going to get better."

After discussing his last fight, the music turned more mellow and fun. It started out with discussing Owen. "I remember, Adri and I hadn't been together that long and an ex shows up saying she's pregnant. And a few short months later my son was born." It showed video clips from their reveal to social media. His original social media picture of his feet. Then a little more of him. They had him on social media a bit so they were very cautious with how much they did show him.

Jake sat, smiling, thinking of Owen. "My life changed when he was born. He was a little early and needed breathing treatments and was in the NICU. I've never been more scared than that moment. It was a silent opponent I couldn't fight for my son. But he's growing big and strong now." It showed clips and pictures of Adri and Owen. "Adriana loves Owen more than she loves me. And honestly, you can't ask more of a partner. She'd jump into a fight with anyone to protect him. She's in his corner. We have full custody of him right now. We have a decent relationship with his birth mother and will navigate that as he gets older. Right now, Adri is mommy. And always will be." Clips of the three of them showed. Then the three of them at the park and playing at home.

Adri laughed, “I know. Especially since Dana is so excited to have another movie under the UFC line.” With Jake being a major player in the UFC and wanting a documentary, Dana had to give the green light and wanted to be a producer on it, just to say he was a producer on it.

Adri smiled at the Owen scenes. Those were shot before Adri knew she was pregnant. And a couple during but she didn’t really start to show until the later months.

As the movie concluded it showed his future. What he wanted to accomplish and he was working towards now. There were clips of their wedding and a heavily pregnant Adri and then a really cute clip of Jake pacing while Adri was having a contraction. One of Adri snapping at him and asking for silence because she was in pain and then of the them and Owen holding two bundles.

“I don’t remember snapping at you.” She told him. “I think it’s cute how I can’t watch you in pain and you can’t watch me.” She laughed.

Jake didn't like the face Dana got a piece of the documentary but it came with being still on contract. Plus he wanted to use clips from the fight so he had to play fair.

He remembered how nervous he was during the birth of the twins. He hated seeing Adri hurting. He wanted to help but didn't know how. Then she yelled at him. Jake chuckled. "Oh I remember you doing that...You definitely snapped babe...I only was doing what our birth coach told us to..."

He shook his head. "I hate seeing you in pain. When we first thought we couldn't have kids. I think that was the hardest thing to watch you hurting and having zero idea how to help or fix it." He rested his hand on her leg.

"Are you ready for everyone to know we are married?" He asked.

“I know. I know. I’m sorry baby. I shouldn’t have snapped.” She chuckled. “I can’t even tell you what I was thinking about at that moment.” She shook her head. She smiled and put her hand on his. “I love you.” She told him.

“I’m more than ready. I can’t wait to post the pictures of our wedding with my grandparents. And change my instagram handle all of it.” She smiled.

“What I’m not ready for is all of your crazy female fans.” She laughed. “Some of them really thought they had a chance with you.”

Jake looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Probably that a baby was coming out of your vagina. And that it hurt." He laughed. "Just a guess though. I was thinking about eating probably..." He joked.

He smiled and nodded. "We did have a lot cool pics from that day. I had fun with your grandpa before the wedding. Ooo changing your handle. And your name. Mrs. Daniels." He kissed her with a smile.

Jake rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Never. I really hope the haters stay quiet...Why can't people just be happy for someone?"

“My name is already changed Boo. Drivers license, passport, social security. All of my bank accounts and credit cards. Voter registration.” She said excitedly. “I’m a Daniels girl. I had to before I launched the make up. It would be weird for it be called AD Beauty and I keep my father’s name.” She teased.

“Because it’s easier to be jealous.” She said softly. “Andrew’s going to say something I’m sure. I don’t think anyone told him. And if they did he didn’t reach out. So…” she shrugged her shoulder.

“I don’t know or care. I’m happy you’re happy. I need you to help me pick out a dress. My stylist wants to show off my post baby body but it might be too much. And my belly might be too big still.” She shrugged which was nothing but a mental block since she was visually the same size as she was before the babies.

"I know. I meant your name on Insta. And people will call you Daniels in public. Now they don't know to. Unless you show them one of your documents." He chuckled. "I'm shocked you actually called it that. I love it, I think it's cool. But shocked me."

Jake sighed and shook his head. "It's fine. I don't entirely trust him or his woman any way. They would have released it by now for money." He said annoyed. "It makes me feel better about my family being messed up that your brother isn't the brother of the year." He joked a bit.

"I'm very happy with you baby." He snuggled a bit more. "I can try. You're going to be sexy in anything and everything. Babe...you don't have a belly...And if you did. Who cares. You birthed twins." He rubbed his stomach. I didn't..."

“That’s true. At least we can trust everyone else to keep a secret.” She laughed. “Well you’re lucky enough to not have a brother. You have a wonderful sister. I’m jealous, I wish I grew up with a sister. But now I get Amy and you get all of mine. Enjoy.” She smiled.

“You can say that after you see the dress.” She told him. She scratched his head since he was laying in her lap now. “I’ll show you after this. It’s in our room. Along with all of the other options he picked out. You can pick. Which feels strange, I always pick out your clothes.” She twirled his hair around her finger.

“What are the odds of us getting a full night of sleep?” She asked. It would be extremely odd and she’d probably still wake up to check on the kids. “Come on. I want to cuddle you for real in a bed. I want you to see the dresses. Tell me what you think. We might not get another chance of peace and quiet.”

Jake looked at Adri. "Could you imagine if I had a brother? Imagine Luke and I as if we grew up together? We would have fought all the time. I like this set up. I get bonus brothers but didn't get beat on..." He stopped. "Oh wait...I didn't need brothers for that. The nice thing is I can at least take most of your brothers. If not all. One I think would fight dirty though."

She did always pick his clothes. "I'll look. Is this for the premiere? It is really weird if I get to pick that and you have zero idea what I'm wearing. I can say it's red and black for the most part."

"I'm not saying it and jinxing it. Otherwise you'd take my balls in my sleep." He stretched before getting up and giving her a kiss. "Do you really like the docu? Is it good? Be honest. Don't be my wife. Be a critic."

He headed upstairs with Adri after checking on the twins and Owen. Max was even snoring in Owen's room which made Jake chuckle as he went into their bedroom to get ready for bed before laying down.

Adri tilted her head and looked at Jake for a moment and then he caught on himself. "I think you could take all of them honestly. Unless they tag team you, then you're lost. I wonder how many it would take though. All four or could you maybe just Andre and Aidan. Or and Aidan and Alex. Aidan and Alex I think you'd have a tough time with. Andre is old." She shook her head. "You can go one on one with Drew and just knock him the fuck out if you want." She shrugged.

"Yes it's for the premiere. I figured you would be in black and red, so I went with a black option and a red option. But I need you to pick one."

Adri smiled and kissed his cheek, "Baby as your wife, as your best friend, and as your number one fan, I loved every bit of that. It showed me who you were, who you are and what you're becoming. I couldn't ask for a better documentary." She kissed all over his face and then they went upstairs.

She was originally going to just show him, but since she was up and baby free and she loved a fashion show she put them on for him.

"I have this one. And it's sexy. And if I wear I will have underwear on. I don't right now. But I will that day." She explained.

"This one is also very vavavoom."

"Okay so I already said this one might be too risqué." She told him. "But he told me to check with you." And I don't like this." She said gesturing over her belly.

"And this is my other black option."

"So I guess it really depends on how much body you want to show." She told him and got out of the last dress and put his shirt back on. "I used to love being naked by the way. And then you got me pregnant." She made a face at him and set the final dress on the bed.

"I need an option so I can tell him to get shoes and jewelry and stuff."

"The military background may give the one a bit of an advantage." He smiled a little. "Military training actually may help me with fighting." Jake laughed when she mentioned just knocking Andre out. "I could do that pretty easily but your mom wouldn't like it."

Jake wrapped his arms around Adri as she complemented the documentary. "Thanks babe. That means a lot. I have the best cheerleader and support." He kissed her softly.

He loved the little show with all the options. He looked at the first one, raising his eyebrow. "I like the sides being out on that one. That's sexy. Very sexy. I like that one."

Then she put on the other red one. "Well crap. I like that one too. If you want a little more covered. That one is nice. But shows your curves very nicely."

Jake shook his head to the first black one. "I like it. Just not for the premiere." The second black one was very sexy. "Ooo I like that one. Ugh. I'm not much help. I've narrowed it down to three." He chuckled.

"Maybe I can get a sample of my jacket for the red to see which match. If the reds clash....Black it is. Baby you're hot in all of them." He snuggled to Adri as she laid down in bed with him. He kissed her shoulder.

"Should I wear dress shoes or sneakers?"

“If your jacket is red then I’ll go with black. You’ll stand out that way.” She told him. “What about O? I can get stuff for him. He’ll probably be in all black like me. Unless you had a little jacket made for him?” She asked.

“And I can always wear one of the red options to your after party. The other two dresses can go back.” She yawned.

“I don’t know what type of shoes you should wear. Are you wearing jeans or pants? All I know is your jacket is red. If you’re wearing a T-shirt under then you can wear sneakers. If you’re wearing a dress shirt and tie, you need dress shoes. If you’re wearing a dress shirt with no tie, either option.”

"I like the black. I actually have an idea for him in an all black suit. I'm having my designer make a shirt for O that will match my jacket. He wouldn't have to wear the jacket except maybe for pictures." He told her.

"Black dress pants. No tie. Just a dress shirt with the top couple buttons undone." He shrugged. "I may see what I can find for shoes. Or maybe get something made. Maybe we can get baby boo matching ones."

Jake played with her hair as they laid together. "Babe...you're gonna be hot in whatever you wear but go for two if you want so you have an after party option. That's why I'm thinking sneakers for comfort. I could go for some all black with bit of red Air Jordan 1s or something like that. I just don't want it to look dumb. That's why I have you help. You're my fashion guru." He smiled and gave her a small peck.

“I will have two dresses babe. A red and a black. If I do the black one you like that’s more covered, then I’ll do the daring red one with the sides.” She smiled. “Sound good?”

She thought about it for a minute, “Didn’t we get matching shoes like that?” She asked him. “Owen’s might not fit, but I’m pretty sure we all got matching Air Forces that were black with a little red. I can wear black Louboutin’s with the red bottoms.” She smiled.

“We have matching Lou’s too.” She reminded him. “The all black loafers with the spikes and I have the matching heels.” She shrugged her shoulder. “Do the sneakers. Match your mini me. It’ll be cute. He and I will match.” She smiled.

“You’re going to be jealous. Everyone is going to think he’s you. And we are going to take a million pictures.” She teased.

He nodded. "Sounds good babe."

Jake thought about it and nodded. "We did. But don't they have some white on them? Like the soles are white. I don't want any white on these." He explained. "I'll have to look at what we have. The Air Forces may work but was really wanting Jordan's."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "I don't think those are the ones for me for this occasion. But Lous with red would be cool for you..."

"We are all going to look good babe. Should we get the twins onsies to wear?" He chuckled. "What are the twins wearing? Owen probably will steal the show, he normally does. He is pretty cute." He smiled proudly.

Back
Top Bottom