Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Bad Ends (Homebrew System)

When the hound collapsed, and it was clear the initial fighting – or this particular fight, at least – was over, Cassie slowly relaxed her stance. The man on his knees with blood seeping freely from several wounds and now breathing heavily, the dog lying prone on the ground and motionless apart from labored breath – neither were an immediate physical threat to the four women, the rogue knew that. Or…at least she hoped that was the case. She didn’t know what Corrupted folk could do.

Louella was tending to (“interrogating” might be more accurate) the man, Red was tending to the hound, Kerrish was tending to herself…Cassie wanted to know what was ahead. They’d need to know, as best as she could find out. And she hoped that Red was wrong in her earlier statement that the layout of the city could change itself; that, if true, would render any scouting she might do to be effectively useless, other than working out what enemies might lie ahead.

“You’ll find that truth is simply a matter of perspective,” she muttered without much care, although she found she was harbouring some concern for the apparent conviction in his words. Was the city that badly corrupted that they stood no chance inside? Would they even get to find this man they were looking for? Whatever answers lay ahead of them, they weren’t going to find them by sitting in this room.

“I’m going to scout ahead,” she declared quietly, not caring for one second what comment Chain Man might have to make about her suggestion. “I won’t be gone long, and I won’t go too far. If the man happens to say anything useful, let me know when I get back. Might be worth searching him, too – see if he’s carrying anything that might help us, although I have my doubts about that.”

The rogue slid her sword into the scabbard on her back and checked her bracers to make sure her tools were still secured. Through the door that opened into the ruins of the city the daylight was still slowly fading. Cassie blinked slowly, took a slow and deep breath to steady herself, then slipped through the doorway into the city beyond.

STR -1 / AGIL +3 / WIL (+1) -1
Action:
Stealthy Recon - roll + Agility vs Target 10 => 9 + 3 = 12...what does she find out? :)

By now Scarlett was experienced enough with fighting the corruption that she had developed the ability to pretty much completely ignore all the fanatical ravings of the corrupted; however, she was concerned about her less experienced allies. From what she could gather: Kerrish was obviously some sort of thug who usually fought law-abiding people, not Athaniel; Louella followed a similar vein even if she was a lot more talkative than the brooding Dwarf; and although she could not place Cassie's origin she didn't seem to be particularly experienced with the corruption either. The girl remembered that the first time she was exposed to the hysterical fervor of a corrupted person it was quite disconcerting. So in the interest of the overall morale of the group Scarlett suddenly jumped up, dropped the dog gently, and attempted to coup de grâce the Chain Keeper without even the bat of an eye (would you like a roll GM?). The girl yanked her backsword out of the sheath on her skirt and plunged it directly at the Keeper's heart. Yet as she was attempting to end this man's life she spoke cheerfully back to her allies, as if she were just exterminating a pest,
"That sounds like a great idea, Lou was it? Godspeed Cassie!"

Last edited:
Louella slowly turned to look at Scarlett. She’d just killed a man. She nodded, trying to avoid gettin the blood on her clothes. Lou had never actually killed anyone. Sure, she’d broken jaws and knees, and caused a few concussions, but this was her first brush with being party to a killing. “Right.” She picked up the dog. “Hold still, don’t bite.”

Scarlett wiped the blood casually on her skirt, just beneath her sheath, exactly as she had done with the dogs blood, before quickly hiding the weapon in it's container and turning back to Lou. Now with the hound's previous owner slain the girl made her way over to the dog, taking with it a large scrap of the Chain Keeper's clothing, and started tending to it's injuries as best she could: first by putting pressure on the bleeding wound and wrapping it with the cloth she had taken; then by gently trying to force it's jaw back in place with her surprisingly dainty hands and warm touch.

Scarlett, an experienced warrior despite her young age, ended the defeated man's life quickly and efficiently, without hesitation or remorse, before turning her attention back to the hound as if nothing had happened. Together, she and Louella did their best to save it; they were able to halt the bleeding and set some of its broken bones. It wasn't clear, however, whether the dog would be able to eat with its jaw in this condition. Still, they had spared it from imminent death, at least. The dog whimpered, but made no move to resist them, or to flee.

While the others concerned themselves with their fallen foes, Cassie's attention lay ahead of them, and she slipped out of the room into the fading light of the setting sun. The door led onto a wide road that she had seen on the maps; in theory, this should have led straight to the heart of the city. However, after scarcely sixty paces, it was blocked off by a towering wall of thick brambles. Recalling the toxic nature of the vines in the entry chamber, Cassie looked for a different path forward, and found a winding alley. She followed it cautiously to a large clearing, some sort of plaza, with a dried-up fountain in the center. There were three humanoid figures stumbling around the area. She crept as close as she could without attracting attention, but in this lighting it still wasn't enough to make out any useful details about them. Instead she retreated back to the entrance, to share what she had learned with the others.

No, you don't need to make a roll to finish off a helpless enemy, or to bind their wounds or interrogate them. I guess if you wanted to Tease them you would need to roll for that, but that's the only time I would ask you to roll.

Scouting ahead and alone was often fraught with danger when you could see clearly; scouting when light was fading and the terrain was largely unknown except for vague maps that could be unreliable was almost asking for trouble. Still, Cassie hadn’t survived as long as she had by doing what she did without amassing no small amount of skill; fortunately, this time her skill prevailed. The road the map showed was blocked by more of those vines and brambles; avoiding them led to an alley that didn’t inspire her but was their only obvious path forward. The three humanoids that lay ahead she could do without, but she doubted they’d be that lucky as to be able to avoid them entirely. She screwed up her nose in disgust and made her way back to the entry room.

“The main road forward is blocked by more of those brambles,” she declared quietly as she returned. Chain Main was clearly dead, and the two girls were tending the hound that had tried to have sex with Red in the middle of combat. She merely raised her eyebrow at that thought, then moved to kneel next to Chain Man; as she continued speaking, she started to rifle what little clothing he was wearing, looking to see if he carried anything they might be able to use.

“We’ll have to make use of a winding alley I found – assuming the place doesn’t move it for us. The alley takes us to what I guess might have once been a plaza or market, I don’t know what. There are three humanoid figures shambling about the dried-up fountain that’s in the middle of the plaza – I couldn’t get close enough to find out what they are, though. With luck we’ll be able to avoid them. We’ll need to be careful as we move about, too. The ages of decay have settled here, and there’ll be loose stones and gravel everywhere, just waiting to expose us to wary ears.”

The rogue hadn’t looked up from the corpse as she’d spoken; she gave the appearance of almost being disinterested in revealing what she’d discovered in favour of searching the pockets of a dead man…

Making a Pick Pockets roll to search Chain Man; Cassie has advantage, but given the man's a corpse...I'm more rolling to see IF anything might be found, rather than whether she's successful in getting anything without being noticed...
Roll + Agility => 10 + 3 = 13

Searching the man's clothing--what there was of it--didn't turn up much that would be considered conventionally valuable. He carried no coin or jewelry, and even his malevolent chains appeared to be unremarkable iron without his skill guiding them or his power coursing through them. However, Cassie did find a large ring from which dozens of keys dangled; they must have gone to doors all over the city. They might have been of use to the others, although for Cassie it was almost bound to be simpler to pick a lock than to search for the correct key.

Especially considering the way the city's corruption seemed to have seeped into the very metal. The keys radiated cruelty; whether it had been this aura that had warped the man, or if his sadism had somehow imprinted on the keys, Cassie could feel an alien yearning bubbling up from the depths of her mind. A desire to see her friends suffer, to hear their cries of pain.

You've acquired a corrupted relic: Keys of the Keeper
Anyone who equips this relic gains the following talent and weakness:
Talent: On Patrol-- You have advantage on rolls to unlock doors (within the city).
Weakness: Call to Cruelty-- At the beginning of your turn, if one of your allies has been damaged by a physical blow in the past round, take 1 Purity damage.
So, a quick reminder on how relics work.

You can only equip/unequip relics in the safe haven, or in the scene where you acquire them. That means that, in this case, you'll need to decide who (if anyone) is going to use the keys before you move on to the next scene. Whatever decision you come to, it can't be changed until you reach a checkpoint and leave the city.

Once you get back to the safe haven, you can equip, unequip, and exchange relics at your leisure, unless they're cursed--you have to roll to unequip those. Cursed relics will be explicitly described as such; I'm not interested in springing that on you as a surprise.

Louella gently pats the dog’s head, setting its jaw and ruffling it’s ears. “Perv.” She said to the dog, but not angrily. “If we get out of here, we’re house training you.”

Last edited:
Scarlett would stand up and dust off her clothing before posturing towards the now open door: leaning against the wall beside it as she had done prior to the door opening.
"Did you find anything useful on him Cassie?" The girl would let out glancing towards the rogue's shifting hands.
"I'm ready to push forward whenever you girls are!" She said with a confident smile, glancing towards Cassie, then Louella, then Kerrish, before looking back towards Cassie,
"Hopefully we can sneak by those figures you spotted."

The rogue’s pretty face curled up in a soft sneer as she found almost nothing of use on the dead man. If he had nothing, how did he… The sneer turned into a frown as she pulled the ring with goddess-knew how many keys on it. Might be useful…how many keys were there on it? How many doors would they unlock? Surely there might be-

Her eyes widened as the sensations coursed through her frame, her soft lips parting slightly with surprise…the look of surprise quickly became a look of disgust, then revulsion, then she all but threw the keys onto the ground and stood up quickly, taking a step back from the corpse as she shook her head sharply.

“Keys…lots of them,” she declared, her voice holding a small tremor in it. “But I’m not taking them. The corruption…they hold it. Whether they gave it to him, or he gave it to them, I don’t know, but I’m not taking them. I’ll take my chances with my own equipment and skill. Those keys…they want to see us suffer…and I felt a-…I felt arousal as I imagined your cries of pain…”

She shook her head again, as if trying to shake the images and feelings from her mind, and she stepped back to the door to stand near Red. She looked at the warrior, then turned to look at Kerrish and Louella before her gaze swung to the city beyond the doors.

“Come on. Let’s go. We’ve g-got a task to complete…”

Scarlett's bold blue eyes shot open in surprise and stared at Cassie as she suddenly flung the keys to the floor and fled from them as if they were cursed, oh wait, that makes sense, they were cursed. The girl had heard of trinkets corrupted by Athaniel to not only offer their original boon but also a horrible bane. That said this was one thing that she didn't have any personal experience with when it came to combating the corruption, she had no clue just how devastating their effects could possibly be.

Scarlett listened closely as the rogue described the power that they held. The keys could clearly be helpful to their party, if the first door was anything like the rest of them Red and her companions could die stuck on the other end of a few feet of wood or stone. Yet when held the keys corrupted their wielder, making them "want to see us suffer." The arousal part of Cassie's statement caught the girl off guard and her eyes narrowed on the cursed item that laid on the floor before her.
"Athaniel, the primordial deity of madness and desire" The girl whispered as an explanation to her own temporary confusion.

When the rogue took up a position near the girl and the door Scarlett placed her hands softly on Cassie's shoulders and pulled her into a warm hug, pressing her breasts gently against Cassie's back in an attempt to comfort her. The girl then whispered a calm,
"You're fine," out of her sweet lips and into Cassie's ear before speaking up with a more confident tone.
"I'm sure that Cassie can open any doors for us in the future, we should leave this cursed item behind!" Whether Scarlett actually believed that or not, she, herself, was unsure.

Louella looked around, and picked them up, Clearly weighing their usefulness against the rather obvious hindrance of ‘its hard to fight when you can’t even walk straight’. She frowned in thought, then set them back down again. She shrugged. “Unless anyone else wants them,” she looked around, lingering on the scene between Scarlett and Cassie, perhaps a bit jealous, “then we should get moving. I’ll take front, if nobody objects.” She picked up her hammer and carried it over her shoulder.

After a moment, with no response from Cassie, Scarlett let the rogue go slowly and hoped she would be okay before nodding to Loeulla.
"Yeah lets go! Either you Lou, or Cassie should lead since she knows where we're headed. I'll hold up the rear for a bit." The girl let out before gesturing to some of the cuts on her luscious thighs from the hound's mounting. She then would glance at the hound playfully as if it had not tried to rape her under it's previous master's orders,
"Are you planning on coming with us too you mutt?" The girl adopted an obnoxiously energetic voice as she spoke to the hound, like so many do when speaking to children.

Last edited:
“I’ll walk up front with Lou, then,” the young rogue announced quietly. “You and Kerrish do your best to make sure we don’t get jumped from behind.” She was keeping her voice quiet to try and not announce their presence to the entire city; to her, it felt quiet enough that their voices would reverberate around the ruins if they spoke loudly enough.

Cassie had appreciated the hug from Red, too; the woman was strong, yes, but that hug had sent a gentle thrill through her, that arousal a far cry from what she’d felt when holding the keys. She was glad that no-one had decided to bring the keys along; Cassie had no doubt that they’d bring nothing but ill omens to the person holding them. As she steeled herself to walk with Lou into the city proper, she idly wondered what it might be like to have been able to hug Red in any place other than this city…the red-haired warrior was certainly very attractive – dare she say desirable? Cassie would certainly not object to a tumble with Red, but the City of Corruption was not the place for it.

The pretty young rogue took a deep breath and adjusted her light armour about herself as she turned to face the open doorway that led into the ruins. She only shook her head as Red asked the dog if it was coming along; Cassie didn’t think it was a good idea, but wasn’t going to argue right now. She could kill it later if it proved to be a burden.

The dog whimpered at Scarlett's invitation, and made an effort to rise to its feet, but soon slumped back down again. Although its life was no longer in immediate danger, it clearly lacked the strength to press on. It would have to be left behind, or carried.

Once everyone was ready, Cassie took the lead--and, luckily, the path was just as she remembered it. If there were forces that warped the city, it seemed they had not taken effect in the few minutes since the rogue had returned from her scouting mission. She led the group carefully back to the plaza.

The dog is not in any condition to follow you, but if someone would like to carry him you're welcome to. I'm not going to ask for rolls or impose any sort of direct mechanical penalties for bringing him along; you can carry him without trouble and put him down at the start of combat without taking an action or anything. However he may still be in harm's way.

Soon they had reached the clearing that Cassie had found earlier. There were still three creatures shambling about--presumably the same ones, although as she had not gotten a good look at them before, there was no way to be sure.

Another look around the clearing suggested only one obvious path forward: the arched doorway of a massive building, whose front facade took up an entire side of the plaza. There were stone pillars along the steps, supporting a marble overhang with carved murals. The details couldn't be made out from here, but it wasn't hard to guess that this building had been important, in the city's heyday--a temple, or perhaps a government office.

The other, smaller buildings in the vicinity were boarded up, or falling apart; they probably weren't safe to go into, and even if one took the risk, they would be hard pressed to break in or pick their way through the rubble without alerting the three creatures patrolling the plaza. Similarly, the other alleys and sidestreets that might have led out of the area were choked with rubble, and the largest road was overgrown with more of the brambles that had blocked the first--in fact, it might well have been the same road. It was hard to tell where they were in relation to the entrance; even those who felt inclined to keep track found it strangely hard to concentrate on the number of paces, the when and wheres of their twists and turns.

Regardless, the easiest path deeper into the city appeared to be the great marble building. However, getting to it without being spotted would prove challenging. There wasn't much in the way of cover, save for the fountain; they could, perhaps, skirt along the walls, and hope their movement went unnoticed in the dark.

So, a new scene in a new area. You have the option to try and sneak past the patrols--that would be a +Agility roll with disadvantage. Or you can engage in combat. If anyone has a third option they'd like to try, go for it.

If you do decide to fight: none of the enemies are in melee range of you, or each other, so you'll have to take a Reposition action before attacking.
--For now we'll designate the closest enemy as Patrol A; it appears to be the largest of the three.
--The next closest is Patrol B; it appears to be the smallest.
--The farthest opponent is Patrol C; its size is somewhere in between A and B.

Additionally, while you don't know what exactly these enemies are, and certainly don't know their strengths and weaknesses, I will tell you the following to streamline matters:
--Scarlett's Rose's Thorns attack does not have advantage on any of these opponents.
--Kerrish's Distracting Tirade does not affect any of these opponents.

Scarlett simply nodded at the hound as it whimpered, clearly displaying that it wasn't fit enough to follow them of it's own accord.
"Good luck then." The girl let out softly before turning back to the door. Helping an injured creature was in her nature but carrying the dog around with them would only jeopardize the mission for her whole party. She had already given her best attempt at healing the beast that tried to rape her; her conscious was clear leaving the hound here to survive or die based upon it's own merits. That said she would be too kindhearted to denounce any other member of the party if they decided to take that risk.

The girl's bold blue eyes peered over the scene before her, the twisted roads covered in bramble, the ruined buildings, and the rubble littering streets to such a degree that they became impassable. Even to the experienced heroine the state of the Holy City was quite shocking. It seemed that all the rumors that she had heard about it being a shifting labyrinth were true, or at least based in some truth; indeed, even as she thought back on the simple path to where the party had entered the city she could feel the corruption gnawing away bits and pieces of her sense of direction.

Scarlett's eyes then made their way from the surroundings to her party, looking them over and judging their morale as she had got so accustom to doing: Louella seemed brimming with inspiration; Kerrish certainly wasn't as eager however Scarlett could never tell much about the silent dwarf that the item in the girl's pocket forced to follow them; and Cassie seemed alright although perhaps still a little shaken from her previous brush with a cursed item. So with that in mind Scarlett invaded Cassie's personal space once more, although much less of an intrusion than in times prior, placing a soft hand on her shoulder and looking into her eyes before whispering a simple,
"I believe in you. [Inspiring Beauty]" The girl contemplated doing something similar with Kerrish but she was uncertain if even her presence would spark any motivation in the somber dwarf.

As a person Scarlett wasn't terrible at being stealthy. She was quite versatile when it came to all tasks related to her profession: a jack of all trades but master of none. The fact that she only wore scarce amounts of clothing that were too lose to make noise might help her; however, the fact that her skin was a gleaming white and her hair a brilliant red at least countered that benefit.
"What should we do?"

Special Action: Inspiring Beauty -- Give an ally inspiration. You may use this in or out of combat, but in combat you may only use it once per turn. You may only use Inspiring Beauty twice per scene and not while Easily Embarrassed.

“I say we avoid a fight. We might be able to handle them, but if we exhaust ourselves picking every fight we find, we’re going to be too tired to deal with anything stronger in our way.” Louella whispered, not liking the idea, but accepting that truth and common sense were more important than her love of battle.

At least the city hadn’t changed much as she traced her way back to the plaza-area; Cassie was thankful for that. Or maybe it just seemed like it hadn’t changed much. She was starting to doubt herself, and she knew that wasn’t good in here. But at least the path she led the rest of the party through was the same as what she’d first scouted – walls of toxic brambles blocking the main road, a small and winding alley, fading light, three unknown creatures shambling around a long-dried fountain – it helped calm her to see that it was as she remembered it to be. She was just annoyed that she couldn’t get closer to see what manner of creatures that were before them.

Cassie’s keen eyes were surveying the scene before them, trying to work out the best way forward, when Red was suddenly standing before her, again making eye contact with her, those luscious lips speaking whispered words of belief and faith…Cassie felt herself smile faintly and nod. Maybe it would only take a little faith – in each other – to get them through this. She nodded her head in agreement.

“I’m all for avoiding combat if we can,” she murmured quietly. “The less we have to fight now, the stronger we’ll be as we go further in.” She paused, then let her pretty face crease into a slight sneer of distaste. “The problem with that, though, is that we then risk leaving enemies who can attack us from behind when we meet the enemies ahead. Either path is filled with risk.”

She pinched the bridge of her small and slightly-pointed nose for a moment. “How about…we try and slip past these ones. If we make it, we find a safe spot to hide and I’ll double back to make sure they’re not following. Does that work?”

"I agree with you Lou! It's going to be a long night... We should preserve are strength as much as we can." Scarlett would whisper back to the woman before nodding in agreement. The girl glanced back to Cassie as she spoke,
"Yeah you're right, leaving them alive might spell more trouble for us in the future if we aren't careful. It would be a good idea for you to check on them Cassie." As Scarlett spoke she peered back over the plaza, this time paying closer attention to areas that would be conducive to sneaking, before turning back to the party.
"Maybe it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be much cover that would stop us from being spotted. I suppose it is definitely worth a shot but if they do spot us we might be in a worse position then if we just initiated on them now. ...I'll follow whoever's best to lead." The girl said before glancing at the rogue, assuming that she would know the best route to remain hidden.
"Make sure to stay close just in case they do see us."

“Here’s an idea. The most physically imposing of us will distract them while the rest sneak around behind. We’ll crush them with a two pronged assault, which should help us avoid taking too many hits.” Lou put forth her idea. Booksmart she was not, but she knew her way around a fight.

Cassie shook her head at Lou’s suggestion, then swung her gaze around the small group. “The problem you have there is that while you’re distracting them, you’re facing the three of them alone. That’s potential time in combat where we aren’t helping you. There’s four of us…three of them. We need to try and conserve our strength…they don’t. They are also complete unknowns, apart from numbers and approximate physical size.”

She pursed her lips as she swung her gaze over their small group once more, then turned her head slightly to look over at the shambling figures again – partly to check the figures were still milling around the fountain, partly to make another near-futile effort at divining something about them.

“I don’t like the idea of attacking them at all, regardless of meeting them head-on or trying a two-pronged assault,” she declared quietly. “I’d sooner we avoid them altogether. But if we do have to fight them, I’ll do my damnedest to bring them down.”

“Alright. How’s this: the stealthiest of us sneak by first, and if anyone gets caught, we go back to save them, otherwise we avoid any fight with them.” Louella felt that Cassie would agree, but wasn’t sure. She trusted her judgement, and respected the fact that they ought to decide things as a group.

Scarlett would take a step back from the conversation and nod idly as the two spoke, Lou and Cassie debating amongst themselves as to what the best approach would be. The girl was less concerned with the method her party sought out to get past these creatures and more interested in making sure that said method resulted favorably for all four of them. Scarlett was neither the best sneak nor the most physically opposing so regardless her job would be to react to the efforts of another. She remained silent standing between her party, staring at the creatures in the plaza and playing with her long, brilliant red hair before whispering,
"We should get moving as soon as possible; the city could shift on us if we linger around too long."

Cassie looked from one to the other then to the third and back as they all gave their opinions and thoughts. Truth was, Cassie knew, in this city of unknowns there was probably not going to be any Best Way Forward – more likely they’d be faced with a series of Less Bad Ways Forward as they went on. She gave a soft sigh as she nodded her head.

“Okay…I’ll see if I can slip ahead and find a path that is least likely to result in battle with them,” she declared, jerking her thumb in the direction of the three creatures. “If I get caught, you can rush them; if I get through, I can attack from behind if any of you get caught.” She paused, a grim expression settling on her lovely features. “May the Goddess grant us her favour.”

She turned and moved away from the rest of the group, moving as quietly and carefully as she could, hugging the deepening shadows as best she could, as she sought to move around the plaza and deeper into the city. She had no idea if this would work: she just didn’t know anything about the three creatures they were trying to sneak around. Could they see in the dark? How good was their hearing? Did they rely on scent, something she couldn’t mask? She find out soon enough, she knew. She didn’t even know where their faces were to know when their gazes were turned away from her to allow her to move – she had to take her chances…

Roll + Agility to be stealthy -> 4 + 3 = she's fucked. >.>

As Cassie crept along the edge of the plaza, hugging the walls where the shadows were deepest, she could only barely see where she was going. She navigated carefully, more by feel than by sight, but it seemed she was not cautious enough. She set her foot down on a cobbletsone--one of few remaining in the dusty streets--and it shifted unexpectedly beneath her weight.

She lost her balance, falling to the ground with a clatter. By the time she had gotten back to her feet, all three figures were moving towards her. Their movements were still awkward, unsteady, but they were moving far faster than they had been while ambling about the plaza--this was no longer a patrol, but a pursuit. Still, Cassie was faster; if only one had been approaching, she could have escaped it with ease, and with clever manuevering she should have been able to evade all three of them, at least long enough to get back to her allies. The smallest of the three drew uncomfortably close, but she was still out of reach of its thin arms, if she could just slip past--

Something coiled around Cassie's ankle, and her momentum nearly toppled her again as it halted her escape. A foul cocktail of odors washed over the rogue--sweat, blood, sex, and a hint of decay. Now that the creature was this close, Cassie could make out quite a bit more of its features. It was a young woman, ostensibly human, caked in grime, dirt, and dried blood. A few shreds of clothing clung to her body, obscuring little. Her age and build not far from Cassie's own, although she was visibly pregnant, her belly so swollen it looked like it would burst. She was also visibly dead, her eyes glazed over, her flesh beginning to rot. Her thigh met her hip at a strange angle that told Cassie something was broken or dislocated, and she shouldn't have been able to stand, but that did not seem to deter her.

The woman's groin was completely exposed, and the lips of her pussy were parted wide to allow a slick, shiny gray tentacle--nearly as thick as her arm--to emerge from within her. It was this that had halted Cassie's retreat, and was currently working its way up her calf. The woman's bloated stomach roiled, the flesh shifting and the skin stretching, and two more tendrils forced their way out of her abused sex.

While Cassie was taking in the horrific sight, the other two figures converged on her. These too were clearly corpses, more rotten even than the first. The larger was a man, probably in his early or mid thirties, his clothes tattered and stained with blood. A massive chunk of his abdomen was simply missing, apparenty torn away by some brutal blow. He carried an iron mallet, its head slightly bigger than the meaty fist he had clamped around its shaft. This was not a war hammer, not designed to be a weapon, merely a blacksmith's tool.

The third corpse was a woman, who had probably been approaching fifty when she died. Like the others, her simple clothes were tattered. Like the younger woman, her groin was completely exposed, and long-dried blood caked on her thighs spoke to the abuse she had suffered in life--although it may have been some small comfort, that she showed no signs of the girl's parasitic affliction. Even with her her body deformed and discolored from decay, the severe bruising around the woman's throat was so visible it left little doubt as to her cause of death. She carried a shepherd's crook.

As these two converged on Cassie, they swung their tools at her. Even with her movement hampered by the tentacle, the rogue was able to avoid the heavy iron mallet, but in so doing the wooden crook caught her painfully in the ribs.

You are now engaged in combat with three enemies:
--Undead Villager (male)
--Undead Villager (female)
--Corpse Mother
The undead villagers are mechanically identical, but I am noting their genders here so it is easier to keep track of which one you are attacking/damaging.

As a reminder, Scarlett's Rose's Thorns attack does not have advantage on these zombies. Kerrish's Distracting Tirade does not work at all.

All three enemies are in a melee group with Cassie. All other players must take a Reposition action before moving into melee range, but once you do you will be in range of all three enemies.

Corpse Mother's grapple attack of 13 hits. Cassie takes 1 Agility damage. Until she undoes the damage, she can not reposition. To Break Free, she can take an action to roll +Strength against a target number of 10. If the Corpse Mother is defeated, all damage dealt by this attack is undone.

At the start of Cassie's turn, she takes 1 Purity damage due to her Sensitive Erogenous Zones weakness.

Undead Villager (male)'s weapon attack of 6 misses. Undead Villager (female)'s weapon attack of 16 hits. Cassie takes 1 Strength damage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom