Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Bad Ends (Homebrew System)

Alright, so, Cassie and Louella are back in town. Everyone else, feel free to jump in. Did you just reach Silvergate? Were you already here? Do you live here? Soup, if you want to be the healer that comes to tend their wounds, that might be a good way to introduce your character.

It's up to you all how long you want to stay in town recuperating, at least in in-character time; days, weeks, whatever works, although it's going to net you the same amount of healing. Out of character, I'd like to start heading back into the dungeon, let's say this weekend or early next week? Does that sound okay to everyone?

Just a heads-up: from this Saturday I'll be on a well-earned and much-needed holiday; I'll be gone for 11 days. I'll have limited access to internet while I'm gone, and my ability to post will be reduced (and I'm not a quick poster anyway).

Just letting you know. If you want to move ahead without me, that's fine; either turn Cassie into a cardboard cutout while I'm gone, or she can somehow catch up when I get back.

Alright, thanks for the heads up, and enjoy your vacation!

In that case, let's kinda take a vote on whether we want to move into the dungeon on the aforementioned schedule, or take a little more time in town and head back in when Sync gets back.

Oh, by the way, anyone who hasn't yet should probably join the dice server. Specifically, you'll need an account for that website, and then you'll need to send me the username you used on that account (which would be an email address), and I can give you access to the game's dice log.

Just sent you my email for the dice server. I'm good to dick around town for a minute, unless people are ready to just jump back in. Ysana will not be hard to convince to go with.

Alright, you're added to the dice log. And yeah, anyone who wants to post around town, characters getting to know each other and such, feel free. The plan as it stands is to head back into the dungeon when Sync gets back from vacation.

Heya folks...just piping up to let you know I'm back on deck. Thanks for waiting for me...although you didn't have to.

Glad to have you back! I really hadn't been sure how long was a good amount of time to let everyone relax and roleplay around town before getting back into the grind, so your vacation made a good time frame.

Alright, I'd like to move things back into the city soon, let's say Friday evening. (CST/GMT-6) Also, does anyone want to equip the magic bandages before we go back in? They're currently in Louella's possession so Jovial has first dibs, but otherwise if someone else wants them please speak up before we go back into the holy city--you won't be able to equip them once you're in there. (And, if you do equip them before going in, you won't be able to unequip them until you leave, so keep that in mind.)

Question: now that we're resuming the story, what happens to the stats for Cassie and Lou? Unless the DM rules otherwise, they'll be returning to the city in a less-than-optimal state - ie with reduced stats, and therefore underpowered compared to the new arrivals.

Well when you return to the safe haven, you regain three Strength, Agility, and Will, and you completely recover your Purity. Which is enough for Louella to recover fully, but Cassie is still a bit banged up. By my count she's at -2 Strength and -1 Will at the moment.

It is intentional for characters to get gradually worn down, defeated, and replaced. That said, if you reach the checkpoints, and purify sections of the city, anyone who made it that far will level up and get stronger, while new characters will come in at a slightly lower level.

Sorry, folks - I had fully intended to pick up writing, but first week at the new job has seriously stressed and drained me...and I've still got Friday to go. >.>

Alright, it's been two weeks with no in-game posts; it doesn't seem like we're going to be able to get this one running again, so I'm gonna go ahead and call it closed. I might start a new game with the same system before the month is out, but I think this one is done.

Back
Top Bottom