Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Bad Ends (Homebrew System)

Dang it! That's twice now I've written a response to the thread, only to discover the GM has posted in my absence! :p

Well, Cassie is down. But the corpse knight is nearly down also. So in keeping with this bit of rules:
At the DM's discretion, the rest of the party may still have a shot at rescuing their fallen ally. If, for example, the last enemy in the area is trying to drag away the helpless hero, the other characters may get one final turn to try and kill that enemy before it escapes with the captive
...I think it makes sense for Louella to get one last shot at taking the knight down before it gets away with Cassie.

That said, Sync, if it happens you're itching to play this out, I can have it shove past Louella and get away with Cassie without a chance for rescue.

All I'll be doing is having Cassie slump to the ground. :)

Whether the zombie or Lou gets to her first...? Lou and/or dice will decide. ;)

Alright, so, you guys have a clear shot back to town from here; I'm gonna start working on recruiting more players. Hopefully there should be some new faces turning up here in the OOC thread in the next couple of days.

Hey! I'm way down to get in on this, too. I'm thinking a mage type, since it looks like it's down to a rogue and warrior sort. Though I could definitely play more of a tank.

Welcome welcome. Soup you are correct, the current party consists of a rogue and a barbarian.

So, if you haven't read the game thread up to this point, let me catch you up to speed on the basics: there is a ruined city, formerly a holy city that was built to amplify the power of a goddess. Now it has been taken over by devotees of an evil god, who are using it to amplify his power, spreading madness and corruption through the world. Warriors go into the city periodically, mostly hoping to reduce its impact by reducing the numbers of enemies there. There are also some records indicating that special altars can be used to purify sections of the city, making them more or less safe to traverse--at least for a while.

Your goal is to go in, make your way to the altars, and purify the city piece by piece. Mechanically, an altar acts as a checkpoint, and once you reach it you can go back to a nearby town without any resistance, and return to the altar when you've rested up to resume your adventure from the same place. (If you try to leave before reaching the altar, you're still fighting your way through enemy territory and there's no guarantee you'll make it.)

I do not play mages if I can help it, but I am also at a loss as to what I would even need to do to throw a character into this all the same.

Okay, freeko has already put together a character, and looks like Kaybee and Soup have character concepts. If anyone wants assistance designing a character, I'm happy to give it, but I'll try not to impose and offer unwanted advice. I will however direct you to the system rules here, including a lot of pre-designed abilities you can use if you want, and profiles here. Before you post a profile, though, please PM it to me so I can double check it, alright?

Also, every character needs a listed age, per Blue Moon's rules; it seems to slip a lot of folks' minds so I thought I'd remind you now.

Sent my profile in, and also found a nice pic~

siege_by_greyhues-d7lxeyy.jpg

So we had one more player slated to join us, but they haven't been online in about a week. I'm not sure if we want to wait a little longer for them, pick someone else (there are a couple more people I had to turn down because we filled up so fast), or just plan on going ahead with five. What does everyone think?

If you've got it balanced for another player and have peeps interested, no harm in bringing them into the fold. Otherwise, I'm plenty fine to get going.

I mean, the encounters I have currently written up are for a party of six, but I can scale them down pretty easily by removing an enemy here and there.

*Cassie looks up while nursing her broken shoulder* Ummm...scaling down of enemies would be good, thanks. ;)

I mean, to be clear, I've already been doing that. Encounters are scaled to the current party size. When there are fewer PCs there will be fewer enemies. Not necessarily weaker enemies, but fewer.

...please don't think I've been throwing encounters intended for five at a party of two.

Back
Top Bottom