Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Bad Ends (Homebrew System)

Sync, since you successfully broke three, Cassie's agility has gone back up to +3. Her strength, however, has not recovered and should currently be at -2.

Ok...I missed the STR damage, although it makes no immediate difference to Cassie's rolls. I'll be sure to note it in my next post.

I'm confused about the AGIL damage though - your OOC note said that the Corpse Mother had to be defeated before damage could be recovered.

Alright, I'll try to word that more clearly in future posts. So, Break Free lets you recover 1 damage. Defeating her lets you recover all of it.

Okay, planning to move us along Tuesday, possibly sooner if Davian posts before then. I did check in with them about the absence; apparently the forum update didn't carry over their email notifications. Hopefully that's sorted out now.

Hey, sorry I'm behind. I've been sick and it's kind of messed up my schedule for the week. I'll try to get something up tonight or tomorrow.

Well, I'm still not sure this will come up just yet, but it might be sooner than expected so: regarding bad ends. I think I mentioned this to Jovial already, but my plan is to set up a separate thread for each player to RP their characters' bad ends. (I probably won't start a thread for each player until their first character is defeated, for the record.) That allows us to play out those scenes without affecting the pacing for the rest of the group; it also means that it's easier for players to avoid kinks that bother them.

(I am trying to keep everyone's kink limits in mind, at least in regards to what happens to their own characters, but let me know if I'm crossing any lines that are an issue for you.)

Gotta bring up two things:

First, going forward, can everyone decide whether they are using inspiration before they roll? It's not really meant to be used for re-rolls when you fail; the intention more is that you can use it as insurance when you feel like you can't afford to fail.

Now, back in the first room, when Rosina gave the reminder that a couple of folks had inspiration that they hadn't used, I said you all could use it retroactively because we were just getting started and you might well have forgotten it was an option. My intention at the time was to make an exception while people got more familiar with the system, rather than a general rule going forward, but I recognize that I could have made that more clear. So I'm sorry for any confusion on that front, and I'm not going to like... penalize anyone or say that the re-rolls this turn don't count or anything.

But from here on--or let's say, from the end of this combat on--I'd like everyone to decide before they roll, whether to use their inspiration. To help facilitate that, I'm going to start including a list of who currently has inspiration (under a spoiler button) with my DM posts. Hopefully that way it will be easier for everyone to keep track of their options.

---

The second thing is shorter, but honestly more important: after some further discussion, Davian_Veq is withdrawing from the game. Given that, I'll remove Kerrish from the party as soon as it's narratively convenient, likely with some sort of heroic last stand like I was talking about earlier. The dangers ahead will be scaled appropriately to the reduced party size.

Last edited:
Are you thinking about recruiting more players when we make it to the first Safe Haven? Or are we planning to continue on with three?

Definitely planning on recruiting. There are two people who expressed interest and I told them I'd let them know about any openings.

So the characters are talking about splitting up; out of character, would you guys like to split up the party? Or is this just roleplaying dialogue?

Just realized I mentioned the ring on the body of the older woman... who had already been dragged into the next area. Oops. (I also mentioned her shepherd's crook, but she had dropped that already and left it behind in the plaza.) Tweaked that post so the corpse mother had the ring.

Heya folks...failing health and RL stiff are making me slow my posting generally; hopefully I'll be back to normal in the next day or two.

For the GM - Cassie is going to be poking around the small antechamber while avoiding both the man and dog, but I'll detail that when I next post. :)

So, Rosina hasn't logged in at all in about a week and a half. So I can't really contact them to ask if everything's okay, or to get permission to NPC Red... but I think at this point I'm going to have to do that anyway. I'll try to keep things moving, and hopefully I can get in touch with Rosina soon. For now, though, Louella's going to have to sort of take charge in her group.

Still no sign of Rosina, so I'll keep NPCing Red for now. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for good opportunities to give her a last stand similar to Kerrish's, although if Rosina comes back before that then they get their character back and all is well.

For the two of you who are still around: first off, thanks for sticking it out! I'm enjoying this and I hope you are too. Second, you each get to decide if you want to do anything else in this scene; and if not, and you want to move on to a new one, you each have a couple of options.

Sync, you can start a new scene in the same area if you like. Keep in mind that triggers a new pollen attack, and that depending on the dice there may be another combat encounter. You also have the option to move to an adjacent area, ie the courtyard, and start a new scene there.

Jovial, you can also start a new scene in the same area if you like. There's no pollen to worry about, but there's still a chance you'll get attacked. Or you can move to an adjacent area, either the courtyard or the unlocked room, and start a new scene there.

--EDIT: Actually, limiting either group to the courtyard seems needlessly time-consuming. You might roll a random encounter and have to deal with that, but more likely you would just not have anything to do and want to start another new scene right away, and there's no point to that kind of busywork. If either of you is inclined to meet up with the other group, you can go straight to whatever area they're starting their scene in.

Of course, if either of you have more you want to do in your current scene, feel free.

She’s not equipping it, but she’s bringing it with her to offer to Kerrish, since she’s beat up as all hell and could use the healing. Which also means I’m reuniting the group. Is that allowed?

You'd have to find Kerrish, first. :unsure: I'm gonna guess you meant Cassie there...? :whistle:

That's my guess as well... as for reuniting the group, if you're both ready to start another scene, Jovial is welcome to have Louella go back to the entrance to meet with Cassie. Or Cassie can catch up to Louella, if Sync would prefer. Either way, gonna need a new scene to get back together.

Normally, your only chance to equip a relic is when you first get it, or at safehaven, but considering that Cassie's not with Louella and doesn't have that option, I'm okay letting her equip the Bindings when the party re-unites if Sync wants. If she does that, she won't be able to take them off again until they go back to town, and keep in mind that they may start dealing purity damage due to her Sensitive Erogenous Zones weakness.

I was thinking about having Cassie wear the bindings in some attempt to at least repair the broken shoulder. And I was also going to work on Cassie trying to find Lou and Red soon; she thinks she's figured out the main door, but knows she can't turn the crank on her own. My next post will work on that... :)

Alright, if you two are wanting to meet up, we can start a new scene; either Cassie can jump to where Louella is, or you can meet somewhere in the middle. The room with the spiderwebs or the courtyard.

I'm happy for them to meet up in either location, although Cassie doesn't specifically know about the room with the spiderwebs at the moment. Cassie will be making her way through the courtyard to where she thinks Kerrish went, but she doesn't know a lot more than that. I'll let Lou guide her/me on that one. ;)

Another query, though (more of a curiosity, this one): the relic that Lou discovered. It allows healing at the rate of 1 STR per scene (I'm going to assume that, for the sake expediency, it includes repairing her broken shoulder), but you also mentioned Cassie's weakness will be triggered, which damages at 1 Purity/round while grappled - so on the face of it, Cassie could be dead/corrupted from orgasms before she is gains any real benefit from the healing...

That's a possibility, yes. I don't know if it's certain, though. You aren't going to start taking purity damage the moment you equip it; only in scenes where it successfully damages your agility and you're in combat. You also recover 2 purity per scene.

And yes, the bandages will heal your shoulder; that's a narrative representation of your strength damage and not like, a status condition that needs special healing to remove

So, I want to confirm that I have the details right before moving along: Cassie is choosing not to equip the bandages, and you're both returning to the entrance.

Assuming that's all correct, since Louella is under a per-scene effect, it does matter how many areas you have to go through to get back to the entrance. But it would also be very tedious for everyone, I think, to make you play out each scene on the way to the entrance if nothing happens but Louella takes a little poison damage. So what I think I'll do, is roll poison and random encounter for each scene, until A) the poison runs its course; B) you hit another random encounter; or C) you get back to the entrance. Regardless of which comes first, we'll move along to the entrance, if it's B you'll have one more fight to deal with before you can escape, and then you can have at the crank.

Well...Cassie's reasoning is that it's probably safer to try and rest up in that front room where it might be marginally safer than in a deserted building next to the corpse of a giant spider. If something comes visiting them while they're trying to recuperate, they're both dead. Of course, the same could happen in that front room, too, and Cassie doesn't know how badly affected Lou is. Of course, if Lou were to say something to that effect... :)

Back
Top Bottom