Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Journal of the Ancient Gear (comments welcome)

Leon, what a weekend! OMG, no rest for the wicked (which tells me you must have been very, very wicked in a past life). Personally hate bugs, or anything creepy crawlie that might attempted to bother me. Thank goodness for breaks and the end of the shift. At least you've had another day to rest your tired muscles. Let's hope tomorrow brings some good news on the work front. Your roommate doesn't sound very supportive.

Leon, I'm thinking the rain and mud must have been horrendous and the towels at the apartment (between you and the roommate) are all soaked and hanging to dry. Hang in there, it's Wednesday, aka Hump Day. It's almost the weekend!

-Thirteen Ghosts-
Song Listening to at Start: Oh Wonder - Landslide

Ah, today was a mixed bag. The day already started on many different slippery slopes. Got up normally and did my usual morning routine and was off in the truck to the convenience store to get some ice for the cooler in the back and the damn Ice Box was broken so 1/3 of the ice bags were more water than ice. Got to the site and had to usual sign-in and stretches before starting the day....in which it started to drizzle. Now, I don't care about getting wet but I can't let my phone get wet because that is far more of a life line that they wouldn't reimburse that so I ain't about to let it get ruined. LUCKILY I had my handy dandy rain coat that I was given.....that only survived it's purpose for about ten minutes.... and then it stopped. Now, not sure how many people have actual factual rain coats, you know, the one's that are more plastic than fabric? Yeah, that shit heats up under any amount of heat....

Guess who was the lucky duck for about 30 minutes? This guy and boy was there sweat to be had. But, luckily my crew leader parked close by and I was able to take off the jacket and continue on my way. Sad to say that my way took me half a mile across a field to get to the other section we were starting on. Then my shoes came apart. The bottom soles start to come undone and the water from both the moist grass and the rain got through so I've been wearing wet socks for the most part of the day. It was shortly followed by one of the soles coming almost completely off. Ended up having to do a bit of jerry rigging with some work tape which made me look like I was some wounded man with the bandage all wrapped around my boot.

Though, after that, things were not so bad to be honest. The rest of the day wasn't all that bad. The sun was hot but the breeze was really nice to have when it rolled by. Had a nice little lunchable for lunch and a gatorade to keep myself up and hydrated. There were a few wet steps here and there but it really didn't bother me as much as I thought it would have. Got done with work sooner than expected and got to just sit around for 5-10 minutes before clocking out. Got to the hotel, cleaned my shoes the best I could and then duct taped the fuck outta those things to last me through the rest of the week......and possibly into next week if I can't find a replacement in time.

Replies:
@Sprite - I must have been some sort of horror in the past as it seems the things stacking up against me tend to tell. As for the roommate, he happens to also be my crew leader/boss and he isn't really a bad guy. He doesn't really bother me or pester and does attempt to joke and make things bearable. Means well enough.
p.s. The rain and mud have totally wrecked the clothes I was wearing. The shirt mostly. Didn't know it at the time but there was a shitton of mud splattered all over my back. Like, A Lot. Counting down the day and hours till Friday and I can start heading back home for that good ol R & R

@Sigr - uguu (-"-) Strength n will I have.... varying quantities of but I shall carry on with your words in mind.

Holy shit Leon, that's crazy. I hope that venting around helps, as there is only so little we can do from here. Keep at it.

-Fourteen & Wading-
Song Listening to at Start: Diving In Too Deep - NerdOut

So, odd enough start with a question. Does anyone think that it is possible to have a first crush later on in life but it kinda just blindsides you when it doesn't really matter anymore? I ask because last night after I got to sleep, I had one of those dreams where everything is just real enough so there is nothing that is screaming at you that it is a dream. Like you are at home or in a car and nothing out of the ordinary is really happening.

Well, I had a dream like that and in it, my old next door neighbor who was a girl was one of my best friends back then. We played video games and cards and rode our bikes around, normal friend things. And that was it. I never saw her any other way in the slightest. But there are times when I go to sleep that I dream about her, not in any off way but it just happens. I'll be back at my old home and we'll be talking or shooting the breeze but at that time, I feel like there is something more there now or she might start talking about how her parents feel about us or something like that. I'm wondering if I had a deep seeded crush that is just now starting to knock me upside the head. Again, I haven't talked to her in years and have no will too, it was just something that was on my mind. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

The day started off downhill as the shoes that I had to duct tape together was still wet when I put them on so I had to contend with that. As well as I felt like I wasn't going to be able to take my foot out once I got it in. Once got to the site, we got our usual talks about the day prior and after stretches, I was walking back to the truck when the safety man comes up behand me and slaps his hands on my shoulders. I was, in every sense of the word, about to turn and knock this old fucker out. Not out of any sort of 'personal space' issue or anything (though that is a valid reason) but because he scared me AND laid hands on me. You don't do that shit unless you are prepared for the recoil. I think he saw the almost raised fist as he took a step back and wanted to remind me that I needed to get new shoes. Well no fucking duh you old as dirt looking motherfucker, I planned on just going till the shoes were completely duct tape. He couldn't have just yelled 'Hey you' and then point or maybe get someone else to stop me?

Once that debacle was dealt with, moved out into the field.........and then had to walk half a mile in the other direction because we were getting too much done too fast and I wasn't needed. And that is how I felt most of the day, I just kept getting pawned off from one person to the next. Every time I would start something, everyone would start speeding up and I would try and keep pace and I did for some parts but I can only go so fast. Do you fuckers want it done fast or right?! I would start tightening lines and then I was told that my lines were too tight and then that they were too loose not knowing that I didn't do all of them so who is to say what I did wrong. Added to that, that around lunchtime, I started to walk back and was stopped by a guy and asked how many lines did we pull, told him, he says we need to turn around and pull another few sets AND put them up because HE told the boss that we had a set amount already up and ready to go. You dense motherfucker. So I turn around and they start just throwing them up, hammering down stakes and I'm just looking like That ain't gonna fly dog. Someone is gonna get pissed and I will throw yo ass under that bus.

And sure enough, it happened. When some more people came over and started to go down the lines, they noticed that some were backwards and others were spaced out indifferently and I was just like. I pulled that line, I put those stakes in and I drove that down. Everything else wasn't me but ____ and ____ were over here drivin things in so you'd have to look at them. I mean, don't just sit there and go 'it is not my problem, let the next guy do it' That next guy is going to be pissed when he does and you might have thrown him off because he started where he was supposed to and you went and fucked up the process.

The rest of the day was just getting hotter and hotter, rush over rush. I would start to do one thing and then someone would tell me to go off and help so and so. Rinse and repeat. After the fifth time, I started to feel a little shitty to be completely honest. I know everyone is rushing but we are ahead of schedule so why rush so hard? The day ended a bit shorter because of lightning was close by and we have to shut down when it is and if it doesn't go away within a certain amount of time, they send us back to the motel. So much sweat and pain. And right before I get into the room, my bosses boss calls him and tells him that not only are we starting on a new job TOMORROW but we have to get up and out before 6 in the morning because it is about an hour away from HERE. So I don't know where it is from the shop where we have to drive AFTER we are done. So....that is going to be interesting enough.

Replies:
@Sigr - The venting actually does help. Like, a shit-ton. It sucks that you have to look through this swamp of a mess. I think that getting the stress of certain parts of the day out and not bottled up really does do more wonders than one would imagine.

Leon, you could be experiencing late effects of the crush or your mind could be replaying memories from that time because it was a happy memory and subconsciously you could be wanting a happy, more carefree moment. (shrug, hey I'm no shrink. Who knows why we dream the stuff that we do)

Sounds like you had a frenetic day out there. Thankfully, tomorrow's Friday and you're that much closer to the weekend. Yeah, this is your journal and you get to rant or talk about whatever you want. Don't hold back. :)

-Cuz When You're Fifteen-
Song Listening to at Start: Feel Invincible - Skillet

Okay, so, a few days of recapping.

Friday was a bit hectic. Woke up around 1 in the morning to the sound of a downpour outside and loud thunder, loved it. When right back to sleep like a baby but then five fifty came around and my alarm clock went off and so it began. Started packing up my stuff in my duffel bag, making sure to keep the perishable items for last. After everything was packed, I went to make sure that the truck had enough space in it and as I was heading back to get my stuff, the fucking sky opened up and a waterfall just came down. I had a large trash bag to put my duffel bag in so it would be okay enough but I had a separate bag for my laptop of which I was going to make sure was going to be sitting with me.

Now, the downside to most of this. One of the crew that has coming with us who wasn't normally a part of my crew had SO. Much. Shit. He had two bookbags and a massive fucking duffel bag of his own. We got everything onto and into the truck and started off to the new site which was about an hour or so away. Listened to music most of the way and was content with that. Got to the new site and we were told there wasn't going to be much, if anything to do because some guys that had come to mow down some of the grass....mowed over the stakes that were put down that we needed to mark our lines....and we couldn't find where they were at. So we were walking around looking for nails in the ground or at the very least, the stakes but before we could, it started to thunder. So, we got in the truck and about fifteen minutes later, the boss says fuck it, go back to the old site. So, we do.

We get back and fuck, nothing had gotten done. Got out and went to get my measuring tape only to find that it was gone....and there wasn't another. That is kind of important to have and by kinda, I mean I can't do my job Correctly without it but I did the best of my ability. Hit the ground running but holy hell, walking the lines was long, the longest I've had to walk a single line in awhile. Back and forth, back and forth. The rest of the day went by fairly okay but that was only because we didn't have all the material's to keep doing more lines because they have been transferring materials from the old site to the new one. Finally got off around three and jumped in the truck and started back home. The drive always feels really good knowing that I'm going to be in my car soon, it's like a bit of home that is guaranteed once I start it up that I am officially free. Threw everything into the trunk, turned on my music and started off home.

Got home and once I got in my room, first thing I did was start taking stuff out of my duffel bag and that is when it hit me. I love me some orange juice so while I was on the job, I got me some for the week. Well, at some point that is unknown to me, it opened just enough to start leaking all over my shit in the bag and I don't know WHEN this happened but whenever it did, it was at some point where it had enough time to bake in the sun which made it smell something fierce. And everything else in the bag as well. So, I had to wash everything, even if it wasn't dirty originally. Threw what I could into the wash and left the house to go out to eat at a buffet somewhere but before that, went to the bank to drop off my check that was actually pretty swell to look at and gave me a bit of pride too. Stopped by a game store to pay off a game and grab some shirts that were on sale (Ganymede overwatch and resident evil Umbrella logo'ed). Ate some really good food, like I thought it was going to be okay but damn did it taste amazing. Got a new blanket for my bed and a pair of new work boots because I needed those and hopefully they will last longer than two weeks.

And that brings us to today. Went to get my car looked at but they wanted to keep it over night and I had no way of getting home if they did so I had to set up an appointment for Next weekend so I have that to look forward too. Also did a bit of Pokemon Go'ing today as there was an event and while I wasn't sure how'd it would go with there being a lot of walking involved, didn't really phase me as it wasn't nearly as much as I do on the job and there was shade which was a massive plus. I now sit here with the plan of going out tomorrow at some point to buy For Honor because I had been wanting to grab it for awhile and play with a friend but never really had the money for it. I still plan on getting it used to save some money because why not.

All in all, the time has been good and I think that, even with the pain that comes with the job, I can deal with it. My only gripe at this point is the fact that time just seems to always slow down when I'm working and it never changes, no matter what is happening and yet, when I get off of work, it flies by. I hate to see the weekend come and go so fast but I think that it would no matter what. My calf's are still a bit sore and the bottom of my feet hurt but my sunburn doesn't seem to be a problem and that is something I am really happy about.

Replies:
@Sprite - I could definitely see my mind shifting gears in order to keep the stress of work to a minimum. As you can see, for the most part, the weekend/time off really does bring things up a bit with leaps and bounds. I do dislike the idea of Sunday night coming too soon, makes me wish some sort of stopping magic was a thing but I digress. I can be happy and that is what I really need after a week of work like this. Thanks for being a good chat buddy, simple but like they say, never take the small things for granted.

-Cuz When You're Fifteen-
Song Listening to at Start: Feel Invincible - Skillet

Okay, so, a few days of recapping.

Friday was a bit hectic. Woke up around 1 in the morning to the sound of a downpour outside and loud thunder, loved it. When right back to sleep like a baby but then five fifty came around and my alarm clock went off and so it began. Started packing up my stuff in my duffel bag, making sure to keep the perishable items for last. After everything was packed, I went to make sure that the truck had enough space in it and as I was heading back to get my stuff, the fucking sky opened up and a waterfall just came down. I had a large trash bag to put my duffel bag in so it would be okay enough but I had a separate bag for my laptop of which I was going to make sure was going to be sitting with me.

Now, the downside to most of this. One of the crew that has coming with us who wasn't normally a part of my crew had SO. Much. Shit. He had two bookbags and a massive fucking duffel bag of his own. We got everything onto and into the truck and started off to the new site which was about an hour or so away. Listened to music most of the way and was content with that. Got to the new site and we were told there wasn't going to be much, if anything to do because some guys that had come to mow down some of the grass....mowed over the stakes that were put down that we needed to mark our lines....and we couldn't find where they were at. So we were walking around looking for nails in the ground or at the very least, the stakes but before we could, it started to thunder. So, we got in the truck and about fifteen minutes later, the boss says fuck it, go back to the old site. So, we do.

We get back and fuck, nothing had gotten done. Got out and went to get my measuring tape only to find that it was gone....and there wasn't another. That is kind of important to have and by kinda, I mean I can't do my job Correctly without it but I did the best of my ability. Hit the ground running but holy hell, walking the lines was long, the longest I've had to walk a single line in awhile. Back and forth, back and forth. The rest of the day went by fairly okay but that was only because we didn't have all the material's to keep doing more lines because they have been transferring materials from the old site to the new one. Finally got off around three and jumped in the truck and started back home. The drive always feels really good knowing that I'm going to be in my car soon, it's like a bit of home that is guaranteed once I start it up that I am officially free. Threw everything into the trunk, turned on my music and started off home.

Got home and once I got in my room, first thing I did was start taking stuff out of my duffel bag and that is when it hit me. I love me some orange juice so while I was on the job, I got me some for the week. Well, at some point that is unknown to me, it opened just enough to start leaking all over my shit in the bag and I don't know WHEN this happened but whenever it did, it was at some point where it had enough time to bake in the sun which made it smell something fierce. And everything else in the bag as well. So, I had to wash everything, even if it wasn't dirty originally. Threw what I could into the wash and left the house to go out to eat at a buffet somewhere but before that, went to the bank to drop off my check that was actually pretty swell to look at and gave me a bit of pride too. Stopped by a game store to pay off a game and grab some shirts that were on sale (Ganymede overwatch and resident evil Umbrella logo'ed). Ate some really good food, like I thought it was going to be okay but damn did it taste amazing. Got a new blanket for my bed and a pair of new work boots because I needed those and hopefully they will last longer than two weeks.

And that brings us to today. Went to get my car looked at but they wanted to keep it over night and I had no way of getting home if they did so I had to set up an appointment for Next weekend so I have that to look forward too. Also did a bit of Pokemon Go'ing today as there was an event and while I wasn't sure how'd it would go with there being a lot of walking involved, didn't really phase me as it wasn't nearly as much as I do on the job and there was shade which was a massive plus. I now sit here with the plan of going out tomorrow at some point to buy For Honor because I had been wanting to grab it for awhile and play with a friend but never really had the money for it. I still plan on getting it used to save some money because why not.

All in all, the time has been good and I think that, even with the pain that comes with the job, I can deal with it. My only gripe at this point is the fact that time just seems to always slow down when I'm working and it never changes, no matter what is happening and yet, when I get off of work, it flies by. I hate to see the weekend come and go so fast but I think that it would no matter what. My calf's are still a bit sore and the bottom of my feet hurt but my sunburn doesn't seem to be a problem and that is something I am really happy about.

Replies:
@Sprite - I could definitely see my mind shifting gears in order to keep the stress of work to a minimum. As you can see, for the most part, the weekend/time off really does bring things up a bit with leaps and bounds. I do dislike the idea of Sunday night coming too soon, makes me wish some sort of stopping magic was a thing but I digress. I can be happy and that is what I really need after a week of work like this. Thanks for being a good chat buddy, simple but like they say, never take the small things for granted.

(Fist bump) You are awesome, kicking butt at the job! (The song with this post was perfect BTW) You're settling into a rhythm of the job, now how to wring the most out of the weekends? Look back at your earlier posts to see how much you've accomplished!

How you are soldiering and improving at the job in so short of a time baffles me, don't stop being amazing.

-Sixteen Blocks-
Song Listening to at Start: Sweet Dreams (Cover) - Emily Browning

So, Monday came way too soon. I did not want to wake up in the slightest and there was a moment where I thought about just calling out sick and just driving later in the day or even tomorrow. But I toughed it out and got dressed and started out with the added point of grabbing my little cousin who also is to be working with the company but not doing the same thing as myself. Grabbed him and as we made our departure, he asked what he should expect and I gave him what information as well as some tips but because he isn't doing the same thing, I couldn't really pin point what he would need to know. Got to the shop and then we parted ways though come to find out, we are at the same site though we can't actually find one another nor would we be able to talk even if we could.

This is where things really started to go straight to hell or at least, felt like it. It has been fairly got these past two weeks but today was a horror show. The temperature was around 92 but the heat index was 106. The sunscreen I put on my arms was literally being washed away by the sweat WHICH I could FEEL being created and pushed out of my pores. My shirt was soaked in sweat and it looked like I took a water hose to myself. It actually got so bad that Safety came around and told everyone that we were going to have to start taking breaks under these tents they had set up. But these tents have to huddle 20+ guys/gals but god does the shade feel good but what doesn't feel good is leaving that shade. Also, sweat in the eyes.... no estΓ‘ bien.

Getting to the room the sudden realization hit me. My pants are fucked and soaked, not in a good sexual way either. Usually, I will wear the same pair of pants two days in the row then switch while changing my shirt on the daily. If the heat keeps up like this, I will have to buy some more emergency pants. Which really, REALLY sucks because tomorrow it is supposed to be even worse. The heat index is supposed to get up to 125 and the build to that temperature is going to be grueling. I just hate it because I have no bright side to tomorrow. Even with a positive attitude, the heat will melt that away real quick. I just want to sleep and dream of cooler days with blankets to comfort me. I just really hope that medically, nothing bad happens. I've always had a higher than normal body temperature for as long as I could remember, nothing over the top but a few degree's higher than the norm so I'm rather warm most of the time and during summer, it becomes an issue because I heat up really, Really fast. I haven't really had too much in terms of problems, the only time was when I was outside working on a yard for some cash and I sat down to to take a break and kinda blacked out for half an hour though it felt like I just closed my eyes for a minute.

That aside, I don't plan on putting my safety on the line for a fuckin job so, we will see.

Replies:

@Sprite -
6e592ff5143499c6e5e11bf50f205128.gif
Re-reading all the trouble and pain but also reading the support has been a real inspiring experience. I really thought that I wouldn't last a few days at the start. But low and behold, here we are and I'm not dead! Pluses! Thanks for the positive flows ya be sending my way.

@Sigr - You and me both. I just have people like you that give me these little words that make a big difference.

@Leon, hey, consider me head of your cheering squad. lol (next time you're in the market for sunscreen, try Neutrogena brand. The brand has a large selection, unless you know you don't have sensitive skin steer clear of the ones containing helioplex. It kept me protected during a marathon in 80+ degrees and high humidity).

These situations force someone to become resourceful in problem solving. I know you'll look back and smile at the things you did to survive. Hang in there buddy! You already know you can handle so much more than you first imagined. :)

-Seventeen on the Edge-
Song Listening to at Start: Minimize - Tech N9ne

So, it's hot outside...... oh, you know that? Well, it seems that the knowledge is only given to a select few. So, I understand wanting to work through a bit of heat, I was prepared for this. But when the heat index says its hitting 108 and we are either in between metal beams or walking under direct sunlight, that shit ain't right.

Yesterday there was a bit of... confusion. We were told that we had a code to go by when it came to temperature and even had it put on a sticker and then put onto our hardhats. Well, that apparently was for pure decoration. Because there was some issues when we were taking a break because, as the sticker said, we had that right for our safety. Then we were told that we were not supposed to be doing that because the company I work for has their own code and it wasn't the sticker that EVERYONE HAD. Come to find out, there were three different heat codes and each had a different set of numbers to go by, both in terms of heat and how long we were supposed to break for. Now, while we were able to break for longer, the temperature is also a bit higher and even if it isn't by much, when you are out in it, it always seems so much hotter and every second is horrid. Even more so when once again, sweat comes into play.

That leads us to today. Because of the heat, we were now told that we had to come in an hour early and while I hated that, I understood. Now, what I did not understand was that our lunch at twelve did not go back an hour which made it feel like we wouldn't get anything and we'd all just shrivel up in the sun. They brought out some little tents for us to use after lunch. While the shade was nice, the heat was still just killer with only a few bits of a breeze coming through. It got so hot that in the middle of using a power drill, it overheated and I think it broke. Some of the reels we have to re-reel were actually starting to melt and warp when things got to fast. Not saying that it is unworldly or something and it is just melting in the sun but the fact that it took far, FAR less than normal in order to do it was saying something.

ALSO, fuck fucking assholes that don't want to do anything that they don't want too! There are two fucking people on my crew that literally do the same thing all fucking day and just wont do anything different and what they do is literally the easiest thing we have to do. And they are a couple so that makes things all the fucking worse. Not because they do anything or whatever but the simple fact that he does nothing but talk shit about how hard he works and how good he is. She is okay, I don't have any issues with her besides the fact that she still doesn't the same shit he does. And they have been here for over a year so it isn't some sort of shit that can fly like if I did that.

And now, is rained a bit so tomorrow is going to be muggy, muddy and hot. I really wish it would just start a downpour around five o'clock just so I could sleep for at least three more hours. If I have to deal with it, I'd at least like to get some sleep out of it.

BUT, I think I am actually getting better as I'm not as tired or broken down! WOOT! I was actually able to post! Shocker! While I'm not doing back flips, I am able to actually get on the computer and DO things. Slowly but surely, my power is returning.

Replies:
@Sprite - IFirst, having you on the squad, it is already a victory! I will be grabbing some Neutrogena this weekend when I go out and see how that works.

I hope that the weekend finds you more rested and relaxed, you certainly deserve it.

-Eighteen and Sweet-
Song Listening to at Start: The Other Side - Hugh Jackman & Zac Efron

So, there has been quite a bit of things happening since /Thursday/Friday and I really hate that I couldn't post on that day because it was a rather sweet/sour day. Good thing was that it was Friday and with it, that meant that work would be coming to an end. Though, at the same time I learned that a friend of mine on the site was leaving for a bit because of reasons. It legit made caused more sadness than one would think but it really did rain on my parade knowing that I wouldn't hear from them as usual as I was really enjoying the conversations and the positive energy.

I went out to eat yet again as I think I am making a habit of doing on Friday and it was... okay. Not horrible but the only upside was the waitress which while she was attentive, she didn't hover and she was fairly cute too. Not really one to hit on random strangers but a bit of flirting never hurt anyone but I left it at that added that I find it hard to judge most times if they are just being nice or actually interested but I digress.

Saturday morning came and I had to get up early in order to get the air conditioning in my car fixed now that I have the money in order to actually get it done. Got there and dropped the car off and they hired a LIFT driver to take me home. Waited an hour or so for them to find out what was the problem. When they found out what it was, I was floored at the price. The thing I disliked the most was that she said the number like it was something everyone just had. I told her that I didn't have that kinda money at the moment. She sent another driver to pick me up and went back up to apply for some credit so I could pay in installments. I didn't get it. So me and the woman was talking and she said that the heat was really bad and she felt fairly bad so she said she could knock a hundred bucks off and make it an even price. After a bit of conversation I decided on a yes as I needed that cool air for once in its life or at least that I've had it.

Had to sit in the waiting area for over two hours because I didn't want to have to keep getting driven back and forth. After they were finally done, the price was just a little bit lower than she said so that was even better news. Though, she stopped me and told me that there was something else that wasn't put in and if I wanted I could make an appointment to have it installed. First thought was what the fuck, am I going to get scammed here? but she then told me that because they didn't put it in and they forgot about it, they would do it for free. They wanted to try for Monday as it was the soonest they could do it but since I have work, I asked if Saturday could work again and she said that would work perfectly and even have it for early in the morning so that I could have the rest of the day to do what I wanted too.

Sunday was fair enough as I played a bit of For Honor that I got the week prior for the PS4 of my roommates as I have another friend that has a PS4 and I like it when we can play together. Though, that gave me the idea that I am going to buy my own in the very near future. I had to go out and get a _____ for my _____ and while I was out, I stopped by a redbox and looked at what was out and I saw The Greatest Showman and while I don't really care for musicals, I figured I would give it a try. I fucking loved it. Like legit was a great movie and the soundtrack is stellar and have been listening to a lot of the songs all day today. One more than most and it keeps me fairly happy when I listen to it.

Friends will always support you, whether they’re physically by your side or in another universe. You’re almost to the weekend! :)

-Nineteen and Going On-
Song Listening to at Start: Lucky Enough - Jez Dior

Busy seems too little of a word. I have basically gotten used to the work, which is a good thing. I can actually walk after getting off of work and even run after the job is finished without any real issue. Which still amazes me. But to that end, I have found that once I get to the hotel and shower, I feel fairly drained. I also feel like they don't rightly understand how human beings work to be completely honest. I mean, I understand that you are running a business but at the very same time, people are still people with many things in between.

It being summer, it was already hot before but now that the sun is high in the sky and it beats down on us like we've done it wrong. From the time that the sun breaks the horizon, the temperature starts to climb and the humidity only makes it worse. By ten or eleven o'clock it looks as if I've jumped into a pool from the amount of sweat I produce from all these elements coming together. And to make matters worse, the man that is supposed to be looking out for these types of things (heat, lightning, etcetc) doesn't really do his job correctly. He is always sitting in his truck, air conditioning going and on his phone. Too many times have I seen other people telling him that there is a storm coming in or that the temperature is getting bad. But he is quick to start telling some bullshit story that will somehow have some lesson to some sort of situation because why the hell not.

With that, there is also the boss of my bosses boss is a ass. I legit think that he thinks just because he doesn't have a life, no one should. He ended up saying that we had to work Saturday. Now, I only have one full day without any sort of worry. Friday is half a day of work before coming home and Sunday is only half a real day because I have to get ready for work the Monday thereafter. So, when you take away that one good day, I'm not going to like it. Yes, I was told that we would be working on weekends but I thought I'd have more time than two days notice before hand. I ended up telling them that I had made an appointment for my car to get the air conditioner completely fixed(minor thing but still) and my bosses boss said that in order to go home, I'd have to have a code to get into the shop and he did not have it. It was a BBB that had it and he was going to call him to see what all was going to have to go down.

Well, the phone was given to me and I was told that if I left and didn't come back in time, which was 6 in the morning, then I was going to get written up. Now, because I just started the job, that is a horrible thing because I'm still in my trial period and that is a black mark. The thing that really pushed me over the edge was that he had the nerve to say 'You were told when you started that you'd might have to work weekends.' Of fucking course but I thought I'd get a bit more of a heads up fucknugget! So many people were pissed and two quit because of the sudden change because we only have so many days we can schedule things and that is usually Saturday as most things are closed on Sunday and since we never really know what time we will get off on Friday, that is a dangerous thing to try and pinpoint and put a timeframe on.

But this fucker thinks that just because he wants it, that it is no one's problem but our own if we, I don't know, want to live a fucking life outside of work. I already give five out of the seven days of the week to this job, motherfucker needs to realize that it is optional. I like the money, I love the money but I'll be damned if those chains make it where having the money is worthless if I can't do anything with it.

Side note, several people have quit this month. Most of them I was really starting to like because they were fairly funny but they are moving on to greener pastures I assume. I'm not blaming them but I'm still aiming to stick it out here as we are going to be heading to a new site. I find it quite interesting as I now have a wealth of knowledge than from when I started here and I'll actually be able to do things on my own now, though I have also heard that, as I have more than likely said before, the site I am on has been dubbed easy and really good to work with because of the land and layout. So the idea that something unheard of might spring itself on me is still in my head but I will persevere. I fight for my friends!

-Nineteen and Going On-
Song Listening to at Start: Lucky Enough - Jez Dior

Busy seems too little of a word. I have basically gotten used to the work, which is a good thing. I can actually walk after getting off of work and even run after the job is finished without any real issue. Which still amazes me. But to that end, I have found that once I get to the hotel and shower, I feel fairly drained. I also feel like they don't rightly understand how human beings work to be completely honest. I mean, I understand that you are running a business but at the very same time, people are still people with many things in between.

It being summer, it was already hot before but now that the sun is high in the sky and it beats down on us like we've done it wrong. From the time that the sun breaks the horizon, the temperature starts to climb and the humidity only makes it worse. By ten or eleven o'clock it looks as if I've jumped into a pool from the amount of sweat I produce from all these elements coming together. And to make matters worse, the man that is supposed to be looking out for these types of things (heat, lightning, etcetc) doesn't really do his job correctly. He is always sitting in his truck, air conditioning going and on his phone. Too many times have I seen other people telling him that there is a storm coming in or that the temperature is getting bad. But he is quick to start telling some bullshit story that will somehow have some lesson to some sort of situation because why the hell not.

With that, there is also the boss of my bosses boss is a ass. I legit think that he thinks just because he doesn't have a life, no one should. He ended up saying that we had to work Saturday. Now, I only have one full day without any sort of worry. Friday is half a day of work before coming home and Sunday is only half a real day because I have to get ready for work the Monday thereafter. So, when you take away that one good day, I'm not going to like it. Yes, I was told that we would be working on weekends but I thought I'd have more time than two days notice before hand. I ended up telling them that I had made an appointment for my car to get the air conditioner completely fixed(minor thing but still) and my bosses boss said that in order to go home, I'd have to have a code to get into the shop and he did not have it. It was a BBB that had it and he was going to call him to see what all was going to have to go down.

Well, the phone was given to me and I was told that if I left and didn't come back in time, which was 6 in the morning, then I was going to get written up. Now, because I just started the job, that is a horrible thing because I'm still in my trial period and that is a black mark. The thing that really pushed me over the edge was that he had the nerve to say 'You were told when you started that you'd might have to work weekends.' Of fucking course but I thought I'd get a bit more of a heads up fucknugget! So many people were pissed and two quit because of the sudden change because we only have so many days we can schedule things and that is usually Saturday as most things are closed on Sunday and since we never really know what time we will get off on Friday, that is a dangerous thing to try and pinpoint and put a timeframe on.

But this fucker thinks that just because he wants it, that it is no one's problem but our own if we, I don't know, want to live a fucking life outside of work. I already give five out of the seven days of the week to this job, motherfucker needs to realize that it is optional. I like the money, I love the money but I'll be damned if those chains make it where having the money is worthless if I can't do anything with it.

Side note, several people have quit this month. Most of them I was really starting to like because they were fairly funny but they are moving on to greener pastures I assume. I'm not blaming them but I'm still aiming to stick it out here as we are going to be heading to a new site. I find it quite interesting as I now have a wealth of knowledge than from when I started here and I'll actually be able to do things on my own now, though I have also heard that, as I have more than likely said before, the site I am on has been dubbed easy and really good to work with because of the land and layout. So the idea that something unheard of might spring itself on me is still in my head but I will persevere. I fight for my friends!

@Leon, you've survived the trial by fire! Yep, your body and mind have been tempered and strengthened and you can look at the job and employers with a different perspective than a newbie. The song you were listening to really confirms you get the bigger picture. Will this job help you land something bigger and brighter in the future? They're exploiting the workers but that doesn't mean workers can't use them as a channel to something better. Wonderful to see you back! (fist bump)

Can't do much but admire your willpower and strength. You are huge Leon, you can do it.

-Twenty Centimeters-
Song Listening to at Start: The Wolf - SIAMES

So, going to a new site brought about its own issues. Like the fact that it has a dip and rise on some mounds and I haven't the slightest idea what i was supposed to do. Tightening the lines caused them to go upward in the air and if I didn't, they would be way to loose at the ends. Come to find out, had to tighten them into the air and then work my way along it, pulling it down as I went along. But it wasn't deathly hot this morning, actually had a bit of a chill to it which was amazingly odd but welcomed. The new crew isn't all that bad but my new crew leader isn't... great but isn't all that bad, this is of course from a first meeting perspective so it could very well change in the near future. The other three I'm working with aren't all that bad to be around but I can't see myself hanging out with them outside of work but can joke and whatnot with them on the job.

The main thing I do want to put out is that because of my hellish work schedule where I had to work a weekend, the overtime gave me a bit more spending money in order to buy myself a desktop and desk for relatively cheap. Had a bit of a problem with internet but bought a little thing that you hook up to a wall and the other to the router and BOOM, internet. It is really nice being able to actually spend money without being too worried. I've always lived in a very if it isn't on sale, don't get it life. Knowing the value of money and knowing that I never had a lot of it. Not any sort of sorrowful story or anything, just new I couldn't get that game when it came out or new brand stuff and Wal-Mart was usually my one stop shop for clothes back in the day. But being able to now, at least for a little while, being able to say I want that....Imma get that. is a nice feeling. I plan on starting to save up in a few more paychecks but I want to be able to get what I want, even if it isn't much. Long time coming as they say.

I can say that, aside from not getting much sleep during the weekend and really, REALLY not wanting to get up this morning, things aren't that bad and hopefully, HOPEFULLY it can last for the week. The day went by interestingly normally till about the last half hour but that aside, wasn't bad.

Replies:
@Sprite -
KkMGLLC.gif
Trials by fire hurt and would rather keep myself at a limit on them. I mean, it is great to come out the other side but damn that shit sucks when going through it. Though my newest trial is the fact that it seems my new crew leader is a stickler for writing people up and I have also found out that he also likes to do things early which I really, really hate. t_t But this too is a beast that shall be put down in time or at least a battle to be fought on the daily.

@Sigr - All ya got ta do is look in a mirror and you can see it on the daily. BAM, compliments fired! But seriously, its peeps like ya that I keep in mind that makes the days not as bad as they could be.

-Twenty Centimeters-
Song Listening to at Start: The Wolf - SIAMES

So, going to a new site brought about its own issues. Like the fact that it has a dip and rise on some mounds and I haven't the slightest idea what i was supposed to do. Tightening the lines caused them to go upward in the air and if I didn't, they would be way to loose at the ends. Come to find out, had to tighten them into the air and then work my way along it, pulling it down as I went along. But it wasn't deathly hot this morning, actually had a bit of a chill to it which was amazingly odd but welcomed. The new crew isn't all that bad but my new crew leader isn't... great but isn't all that bad, this is of course from a first meeting perspective so it could very well change in the near future. The other three I'm working with aren't all that bad to be around but I can't see myself hanging out with them outside of work but can joke and whatnot with them on the job.

The main thing I do want to put out is that because of my hellish work schedule where I had to work a weekend, the overtime gave me a bit more spending money in order to buy myself a desktop and desk for relatively cheap. Had a bit of a problem with internet but bought a little thing that you hook up to a wall and the other to the router and BOOM, internet. It is really nice being able to actually spend money without being too worried. I've always lived in a very if it isn't on sale, don't get it life. Knowing the value of money and knowing that I never had a lot of it. Not any sort of sorrowful story or anything, just new I couldn't get that game when it came out or new brand stuff and Wal-Mart was usually my one stop shop for clothes back in the day. But being able to now, at least for a little while, being able to say I want that....Imma get that. is a nice feeling. I plan on starting to save up in a few more paychecks but I want to be able to get what I want, even if it isn't much. Long time coming as they say.

I can say that, aside from not getting much sleep during the weekend and really, REALLY not wanting to get up this morning, things aren't that bad and hopefully, HOPEFULLY it can last for the week. The day went by interestingly normally till about the last half hour but that aside, wasn't bad.

Replies:
@Sprite -
KkMGLLC.gif
Trials by fire hurt and would rather keep myself at a limit on them. I mean, it is great to come out the other side but damn that shit sucks when going through it. Though my newest trial is the fact that it seems my new crew leader is a stickler for writing people up and I have also found out that he also likes to do things early which I really, really hate. t_t But this too is a beast that shall be put down in time or at least a battle to be fought on the daily.

@Sigr - All ya got ta do is look in a mirror and you can see it on the daily. BAM, compliments fired! But seriously, its peeps like ya that I keep in mind that makes the days not as bad as they could be.

Leon, wonderful to see you back on! (hug) It's good to hear you're allowing yourself to enjoy the 'wiggle room' a little extra income allows. Not having to worry about making a paycheck stretch is a wonderful feeling. This latest challenge at work sounds doable compared to where this journey first began. Your body will adjust to the early hours, and sleeping in on the weekends will feel sinful. :)

-Twenty One Grams-
Song Listening to at Start: drugs - EDEN

So, I thought today was going to be a pretty good damn day even when I thought it wasn't going to be. Had to wake up and pack up my stuff because we were finishing up a little bit on a site and then we'd be done. I wasn't too thrilled but wasn't going to sweat it. Ended up having to stop to get gas but no one told me as I was kinda dazed and into my music, eyes closed and just resting without going to sleep. My breakfast is from the store in the mornings so I ended up missing that. Well, then we got to the site and started to get to work on the little bit we needed to do. Cool, yeah, then we could get to another store on the way out. Well, after we finished, this guy that I have seen from time to time that works on the group that comes after us, actually working with the machines to drive the beams down. He comes up to me and the other two guys I was working with and he shakes our hands and when get finishes shaking mine, tells me 'Good job man, real good job. Wouldn't have gotten this done without ya.'

Those words, for whatever reason, coming from this man that I knew was a fairly cool and okay guy. And I even knew the words were generic. I've only met the guy less than a handful of times but damn if it didn't really get me going. I felt like it meant something to me. Finished up the site and loaded down the trailer with the materials and headed out. The site I was off to next was over an hour away which in all honesty, I was okay with. Even ended up stopping by a store to get my jerky. Then it started downhill. At some point, we were told to turn around and head to ANOTHER site and finish picking up materials. It just really started to suck because it was so hot once again. Added to that, as someone started to take down some lines but decided to put them on top of the metal beams and each time I would start reeling the lines in, if that line had a knot in it, which they ALL have, they would end up snagging. I am using a powerdrill to pull these lines. My wrist does NOT like it when there is a sudden stop and my entire wrist tries to do a 180 over itself.

So, after all is said and done, get all these things packed into another trailer but this trailer was overweight. The truck knew this. So the entire hour and a half drive. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The. Entire. Time. I couldn't even turn up my music loud enough to get it out completely. Ended up getting to the new site and once there, it was time to head to the hotel. I figured, awesome, day is done and time for some rest...... I was wrong. So very wrong. The hotel was far. Almost an hour away itself. That means that I have to wake up that much earlier. This is a problem as I am not the kinda person that can just, lay down and BAM sleep. That doesn't work. And I feel like they aren't going to care much for that fun little tidbit. The entire ride is something that is going to happen for the next two days PLUS possibly next week too. I just start to feel that this job is starting to take more liberties with just what sort of things are expected of me.

I just had such a good feeling at the start of the day but by the end, it has ended up in the toilet. I just wish I could go home but damn days.

Replies:
@Sprite -
Jwulqyo.gif
Not stretching has been really, really nice. And the sinful nature of the sleep is one worth its weight in torment. Just wish had an extra day to add to simply sleep.

-Twenty One Grams-
Song Listening to at Start: drugs - EDEN

So, I thought today was going to be a pretty good damn day even when I thought it wasn't going to be. Had to wake up and pack up my stuff because we were finishing up a little bit on a site and then we'd be done. I wasn't too thrilled but wasn't going to sweat it. Ended up having to stop to get gas but no one told me as I was kinda dazed and into my music, eyes closed and just resting without going to sleep. My breakfast is from the store in the mornings so I ended up missing that. Well, then we got to the site and started to get to work on the little bit we needed to do. Cool, yeah, then we could get to another store on the way out. Well, after we finished, this guy that I have seen from time to time that works on the group that comes after us, actually working with the machines to drive the beams down. He comes up to me and the other two guys I was working with and he shakes our hands and when get finishes shaking mine, tells me 'Good job man, real good job. Wouldn't have gotten this done without ya.'

Those words, for whatever reason, coming from this man that I knew was a fairly cool and okay guy. And I even knew the words were generic. I've only met the guy less than a handful of times but damn if it didn't really get me going. I felt like it meant something to me. Finished up the site and loaded down the trailer with the materials and headed out. The site I was off to next was over an hour away which in all honesty, I was okay with. Even ended up stopping by a store to get my jerky. Then it started downhill. At some point, we were told to turn around and head to ANOTHER site and finish picking up materials. It just really started to suck because it was so hot once again. Added to that, as someone started to take down some lines but decided to put them on top of the metal beams and each time I would start reeling the lines in, if that line had a knot in it, which they ALL have, they would end up snagging. I am using a powerdrill to pull these lines. My wrist does NOT like it when there is a sudden stop and my entire wrist tries to do a 180 over itself.

So, after all is said and done, get all these things packed into another trailer but this trailer was overweight. The truck knew this. So the entire hour and a half drive. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The. Entire. Time. I couldn't even turn up my music loud enough to get it out completely. Ended up getting to the new site and once there, it was time to head to the hotel. I figured, awesome, day is done and time for some rest...... I was wrong. So very wrong. The hotel was far. Almost an hour away itself. That means that I have to wake up that much earlier. This is a problem as I am not the kinda person that can just, lay down and BAM sleep. That doesn't work. And I feel like they aren't going to care much for that fun little tidbit. The entire ride is something that is going to happen for the next two days PLUS possibly next week too. I just start to feel that this job is starting to take more liberties with just what sort of things are expected of me.

I just had such a good feeling at the start of the day but by the end, it has ended up in the toilet. I just wish I could go home but damn days.

Replies:
@Sprite -
Jwulqyo.gif
Not stretching has been really, really nice. And the sinful nature of the sleep is one worth its weight in torment. Just wish had an extra day to add to simply sleep.

Leon, as far as you know is this week's work done on Friday? That means tomorrow is Thursday and then... wait for it, Friday! You're that much closer to blessed, blissful sleep! You know you can taste it, right around the corner. :) Like my trainer used to say, focus on the step in front of you, and before you know it, the race/day is done! (hug!) I have faith, this is a small hiccup compared to the mountain you've already conquered.

Back
Top Bottom