Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Journal of the Ancient Gear (comments welcome)

-Upcoming update-

-Twenty-two Jump Street-
Song Listening to at Start: I Get Off - Halestorm

So, I will first start by saying that I deeply apologize for disappearing so suddenly and without so much as a word in edgewise. I do not want to be that guy and I have become that which I dislike and for that, once more, I apologize. Now, to who all will be seeing this, I'm unsure if it is everyone that would need to know, doubtful but it would be nice for those that do to know that one, I am not dead. Now, for some Updates:

So, I have finished my three months at the job I am currently at and I have to say, it still sucks :D
The week still goes by too fast and the weekend comes and goes like the whimsical dreams I used to have. Sleepy time dreams, not the ones of delusional grandeur. Though, I am enjoying things a bit more with the right people around during the day though with that, there are some some people that give the opposite effect but it is mainly just one man that tends to come and go on a whim.

But I have to say that, I hath never forgot the blue moon. Many different occasions I thought about trying to make a comeback but each time I would just stare at my computer screen and really think about how much of a dick move it would be to try and start things back up and then just as quickly disappear and I felt silence for the time being was the best action to take. Now, is that the right one? Dunno but it's something I can't really take back now so it is whatev's. On a better note, I do miss all of my partners, those that are still here and those that might not even know that I twas gone, my feelings are still strong and true, just now with a bit more weight and money behind them.

I hit some other highs and some other lows but I just mainly, for the time being, want to focus on trying to start a nice little schedule for BlueMoon and the roleplayers in which reside on it.

Hey Leon, welcome back. <3
No need to apologize, we're just glad to have you back. *Snuggles*

Welcome back! Knowing you're okay is good enough for me. You do what you can do, don't worry.

.small update.
So, there is a nice sized hurricane coming my way and just wanted to throw a line out that it is a thing and I will try and put more information in a later time

.small update.
So, there is a nice sized hurricane coming my way and just wanted to throw a line out that it is a thing and I will try and put more information in a later time
Yes! Please keep us informed. I hope you won't be expected to work and have someplace safe to hunker down and wait it out. :(

-Twenty-Three Numbers-
Song Listening to at the Start: Mind Games - Sickick

So, it would seem that with all that is going on, I'm in for a treat. Not the good kinda treat either but the things could turn out fairly bad fairly fast if certain things go down the wrong way. So, Let's take it a few days back, Monday to be specific. Hurricane Florence has been dated to strike land in the North Carolina/South Carolina areas and it just so happens to be damn close to where I am working seeing as I am less than 30 minutes from the beach that it's supposed to hit. No one at work had much in terms of idea of what is going to happen or when it is going to happen. All we are told is that we are working till further notice and I have been told by some of the other workers that when a past hurricane had come through, they kept everyone at work till the last minute before letting them go. Now, this puts many things on us and none of them good. Even if we ourselves don't matter to them, a lot of these people have families and need to get things ready and if they let us go home later, a lot of the stuff is going to be gone. This being food, water and gas or whatever else one might need for something like this.

So, we are working Monday as usual and as it starts getting close to 5 and closing time, we are all gathered and told simply that all the local temporary workers are not to come into work the next day and all the other temps that came with us can either leave that night or work till noon the next day and then leave to go home. Everyone else is to stay until further notice but we are told that we are going to work till Wednesday. While it is better than going all the way through the week, people are still just a wee bit mad but what can ya do.

Tuesday comes and things start to change yet again, this being that we are more than likely going to work a full day and then go back to the hotel and in the morning, head back home. Get into the work day, they change it again, that we are working till 3. Okay, sure. Then it is changed once more that we are heading back to the hotel right then, getting our stuffed packed, put it into the truck and then we are going to head back to the shop and when we are done for the day, we are heading home. So we do this. During the day, we get what is call 'Lightning Standdowns' which is simply this, a guy watches a radar, if lightning is 10 or so miles out, we are to stop what we are doing, get into the truck and drive up front and wait for it to either go away or stay in which case they will send us back to the hotel. This was the real aggravating part. We would get called to the truck, wait 5 minutes, be told it was okay, get back into the field for less than 5 minutes and another strike would happen and we would be told to get back into the truck. This happened three to five times. It was anger educing to say the least.

So finally, they tell us that we just have to push away any and all trash on the site and make sure that all the material is picked up and secured and we can leave. Now, this is good and bad. Good because we can leave, bad because that is A LOT OF SHIT and before that, they tell us that if you drove your vehicle out, you can leave if you so desire. They left and I do not blame a single person for doing so. So, we get through with everything and start heading back around 3. That was all on Tuesday and I have been home and I have to say, whilst I like being home, man is it hard getting back into, well, not doing anything and not having to wake up at the ass crack of moonlight and praying for lunch to come sooner. I mean, I love it I just want to get used to it faster but with the storm coming, I feel like I can't even do that.

We are expected to lose power at some point as it is almost a sure shot thing. Which just like any other case, is going to suck massively. I wanted to go in on a generator with my roommate but he talked to his dad and he talked him out of it. Which was a dumb ass decision as the main problem I had when this has happened in the past was a simple fact. With no power, comes no air conditioning or any sort of movement of the air. In a house, it starts to get hot and muggy REAL fast. I wanted it so that we could hook up some fans so we wouldn't die. But, because this dumbfucker decided that daddy knows best and not thinking for his fucking self, we are up shits creek without a paddle because it is sold out everywhere and we are just sitting around waiting for it to happen. Also, we don't know how high the water gets so there is also the chance of some......water problems. I know that during the last hurricane, I could not leave my town as all the exits were flooded and it took about a week for it to subside. Was not pretty.

But, bright side, during my time at work and with my new found income, I have bought myself new games and game consoles that I never thought I'd actually ever have. Yay me! It really does bring a smile to my fact when I have to think about what I want to play and on what I want to play it on. First world problems I know, but it is a pleasure I think i can enjoy whilst I have it.

So, with that being said, I miss all of my BM friends and hope that all is going well for all those individuals.

-Twenty-Three Numbers-
Song Listening to at the Start: Mind Games - Sickick

So, it would seem that with all that is going on, I'm in for a treat. Not the good kinda treat either but the things could turn out fairly bad fairly fast if certain things go down the wrong way. So, Let's take it a few days back, Monday to be specific. Hurricane Florence has been dated to strike land in the North Carolina/South Carolina areas and it just so happens to be damn close to where I am working seeing as I am less than 30 minutes from the beach that it's supposed to hit. No one at work had much in terms of idea of what is going to happen or when it is going to happen. All we are told is that we are working till further notice and I have been told by some of the other workers that when a past hurricane had come through, they kept everyone at work till the last minute before letting them go. Now, this puts many things on us and none of them good. Even if we ourselves don't matter to them, a lot of these people have families and need to get things ready and if they let us go home later, a lot of the stuff is going to be gone. This being food, water and gas or whatever else one might need for something like this.

So, we are working Monday as usual and as it starts getting close to 5 and closing time, we are all gathered and told simply that all the local temporary workers are not to come into work the next day and all the other temps that came with us can either leave that night or work till noon the next day and then leave to go home. Everyone else is to stay until further notice but we are told that we are going to work till Wednesday. While it is better than going all the way through the week, people are still just a wee bit mad but what can ya do.

Tuesday comes and things start to change yet again, this being that we are more than likely going to work a full day and then go back to the hotel and in the morning, head back home. Get into the work day, they change it again, that we are working till 3. Okay, sure. Then it is changed once more that we are heading back to the hotel right then, getting our stuffed packed, put it into the truck and then we are going to head back to the shop and when we are done for the day, we are heading home. So we do this. During the day, we get what is call 'Lightning Standdowns' which is simply this, a guy watches a radar, if lightning is 10 or so miles out, we are to stop what we are doing, get into the truck and drive up front and wait for it to either go away or stay in which case they will send us back to the hotel. This was the real aggravating part. We would get called to the truck, wait 5 minutes, be told it was okay, get back into the field for less than 5 minutes and another strike would happen and we would be told to get back into the truck. This happened three to five times. It was anger educing to say the least.

So finally, they tell us that we just have to push away any and all trash on the site and make sure that all the material is picked up and secured and we can leave. Now, this is good and bad. Good because we can leave, bad because that is A LOT OF SHIT and before that, they tell us that if you drove your vehicle out, you can leave if you so desire. They left and I do not blame a single person for doing so. So, we get through with everything and start heading back around 3. That was all on Tuesday and I have been home and I have to say, whilst I like being home, man is it hard getting back into, well, not doing anything and not having to wake up at the ass crack of moonlight and praying for lunch to come sooner. I mean, I love it I just want to get used to it faster but with the storm coming, I feel like I can't even do that.

We are expected to lose power at some point as it is almost a sure shot thing. Which just like any other case, is going to suck massively. I wanted to go in on a generator with my roommate but he talked to his dad and he talked him out of it. Which was a dumb ass decision as the main problem I had when this has happened in the past was a simple fact. With no power, comes no air conditioning or any sort of movement of the air. In a house, it starts to get hot and muggy REAL fast. I wanted it so that we could hook up some fans so we wouldn't die. But, because this dumbfucker decided that daddy knows best and not thinking for his fucking self, we are up shits creek without a paddle because it is sold out everywhere and we are just sitting around waiting for it to happen. Also, we don't know how high the water gets so there is also the chance of some......water problems. I know that during the last hurricane, I could not leave my town as all the exits were flooded and it took about a week for it to subside. Was not pretty.

But, bright side, during my time at work and with my new found income, I have bought myself new games and game consoles that I never thought I'd actually ever have. Yay me! It really does bring a smile to my fact when I have to think about what I want to play and on what I want to play it on. First world problems I know, but it is a pleasure I think i can enjoy whilst I have it.

So, with that being said, I miss all of my BM friends and hope that all is going well for all those individuals.
Hey Leon, some pretty scary times there. Do you have enough water and food? How about toilet tissue and batteries for lights or candles? I hope you’ve got at least a five pound bag of beef jerky to help you through the stress. Please keep us posted and take care!

Thinking of you!!!!

-Twenty-Four Hours Remaining-
Song Listening to at Start: n/a

So, the hurricane has hit and it is being... problematic to say the least. The rain comes and goes, the wind is growing and fading. But now things are starting to hit the real bad side. Roads are starting to flood and it is starting to look a bit more... worrisome. I'm usually not one to actually worry till things get to a point where it is appropriate and when I think I might get drowned out if I try and take my car through a water loged. I don't like the idea of things getting worse but it is heading that way.

I will try and keep things up to date and hopefully things will get... Better?

-Twenty-Five Hours-
Song Listening to at Start: Lonely Day - System of a Down

The grind. It never seems to give when it starts. The hurricane came and went and made things horrid in all manners. I didn't have any sort of damage done to the home which is a positive. The lack of power at the time wasn't nice and the even longer time without internet wasn't good either but that is in the past.

NOW, I have to deal with that sort of aftermath in the work world which means that they are taking one of my Saturday which is one of my most hated things because I feel like I don't have any sort of time for myself. Because that means I only have the Sunday off but I use most of the end of Sunday to prepare for Monday so I don't enjoy it in the slightest but what has to be done, has to be done. The thing that I dislike more is the man that I work under on the site. He gives stupid expectations and then works us raged and then gets mad when we start slowing down. We only get breaks if it gets too hot, if it isn't, then we get a lunch break and that's it.

Not to mention that we are staying in a hotel that is an hour and a half away so I have to get up stupid early and then end up getting to the hotel stupid late. And my crew leader also doesn't like it when we sleep in the truck to the site because he can't, so he blasts rock music at absurd levels. Levels that even if I wasn't tired, would be horrible and when we tell him to turn it down, it is just 'its my truck and i need it to stay awake' which just pisses me off more.

I just want to be able to get on the site at normal times and enjoy myself while I wind down ( or up ;D ) but I just need the distraction that doesn't connect with work.

Leon, it's good to see you online and I can tell it must be hella bad now. Sucks what you're going through. I wonder in looking back when you first started, is what you're going through equal to or more than the stress you went through in the beginning? Don't forget, you've upped your value as an employee by the skills you've acquired. Do you think it's time to look for greener pastures? Hang in there buddy!

-Twenty-Six Commissars-
Song Listening to at Start: Keep Your Eyes Open - Needtobreathe

Wow, where to start. The constant back and forth from work to home really feels like whiplash. This is mainly a reminder for myself. I am a good person and I do what I think is right because I know that people aren't just one dimensional and just because someone holds a bit of power, that doesn't make them perfect and so sometimes one's own judgement is greater than blindly following someone when they don't get the whole picture. Several occasions have arisen at work where, when I stop and think about my growth, I see the change that it has done to me. I think that it is a good thing. I used to always think of the long term in any argument, trying not to burn any bridges or step on the wrong toes that might come to bite me later. But a few months after starting this job, I changed just enough to alter that look.

I would never think to argue with my boss or say no, the perfect little worker ant. But then I started hearing myself talk back to things that I think are just stupid or making things completely clear. If someone says they want one hundred percent, I tell em they'll get a solid seventy-five at best. I don't need someone to talk to me about breaking my back when there is no reason to do so and I want to make that clear. I'm working at the pace that I think is acceptable, not to slow but nowhere near as fast as what they think. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, meaning that if you joke with me, you'll get similar jokes in kind so, tough is tough.

There has been so many work related things going on but I don't want to go into specifics. The main thing I want to note, and this is the important part, I've enjoyed the sights most days. Be it a horde of birds covering a field or feeding a stray cat at the hotel. Different things to look at I guess. I really just wish my job didn't drain me each and every night. Everyone keeps talking about how they want to work on the weekend for more money but what is the point if you can't enjoy the things that money is supposed to bring? Why do I have to be pulled down by your greed? The money is good, yes but damn, what life do you want to live yo?

God, there are so many different things I want to talk about but would you look at the time. I'm sure I'll be contiueing this later, possibly actually be back on if the upcoming week is going the way people says it is, might be out of work till the start of next year. We shall see.

-Twenty-Six Commissars-
Song Listening to at Start: Keep Your Eyes Open - Needtobreathe

Wow, where to start. The constant back and forth from work to home really feels like whiplash. This is mainly a reminder for myself. I am a good person and I do what I think is right because I know that people aren't just one dimensional and just because someone holds a bit of power, that doesn't make them perfect and so sometimes one's own judgement is greater than blindly following someone when they don't get the whole picture. Several occasions have arisen at work where, when I stop and think about my growth, I see the change that it has done to me. I think that it is a good thing. I used to always think of the long term in any argument, trying not to burn any bridges or step on the wrong toes that might come to bite me later. But a few months after starting this job, I changed just enough to alter that look.

I would never think to argue with my boss or say no, the perfect little worker ant. But then I started hearing myself talk back to things that I think are just stupid or making things completely clear. If someone says they want one hundred percent, I tell em they'll get a solid seventy-five at best. I don't need someone to talk to me about breaking my back when there is no reason to do so and I want to make that clear. I'm working at the pace that I think is acceptable, not to slow but nowhere near as fast as what they think. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, meaning that if you joke with me, you'll get similar jokes in kind so, tough is tough.

There has been so many work related things going on but I don't want to go into specifics. The main thing I want to note, and this is the important part, I've enjoyed the sights most days. Be it a horde of birds covering a field or feeding a stray cat at the hotel. Different things to look at I guess. I really just wish my job didn't drain me each and every night. Everyone keeps talking about how they want to work on the weekend for more money but what is the point if you can't enjoy the things that money is supposed to bring? Why do I have to be pulled down by your greed? The money is good, yes but damn, what life do you want to live yo?

God, there are so many different things I want to talk about but would you look at the time. I'm sure I'll be contiueing this later, possibly actually be back on if the upcoming week is going the way people says it is, might be out of work till the start of next year. We shall see.
Always a good day, seeing friends online. Take care and I'm really interested in reading the rest of your thoughts.

-Twenty-Seven Dresses-
Song Listening to at Start: Mz Hyde - Halestorm

Man, it's been a while since I dropped a line here and for that sake alone, just gonna throw in some recent things. Mainly one particular problem that I've been having that, while it really isn't my problem, it is one that I just can't seem to get rid of, at least in my mind.

So, I have a friend that I've grown distant from the past few years because of how he acts. He thinks that acting out and freaking out makes him unique and edgy but it just makes him look like a childish ass. I've grown to dislike it greatly. Now, for the most part, I don't really care but he recently started 'dating' a girl that has a bucket full of issues. Like, some deep seeded shit kinda issues. I personally think that it is a horrible match. Why the fuck would you want to take a broken piece and slam it together with another fucked up piece? The shit just don't work like that. And it really doesn't when he starts his shit and thus, triggering her and then we are all just... fuck. I personally don't want to deal with any of it. None of it at all. But, potato potato.

The brighter side of things, hopefully, I might be able to move into a house of my very own that I pay rent on my own. Finally being able to enjoy the fact that all the mess and bills I pay are my own. No wondering why this bill is high or where does this come from. All on me and I am stoked for that.

On that note, I have actually been trying to be on site more often, even if it is on my phone. It is okay and it makes the day go by when I get to read peoples replies and other stories. I've also been getting some commissions done of a character I like that had little love but interestingly enough, I am enjoying the pictures I've been getting back. Those two are completely unrelated but I mean, hey, ranting has no rhyme or reason!

-Twenty-Eight Days Later-
Song Listening to at Start: Sweet Dreams (Made of This) - Dexter, LIVVIA

Once again, an out of the blue appearance. Life is, for a lack of a better word, a real bitch with a strap-on and a nasty temper. I really haven't been doing much besides work, get locked in my home because of a pandemic or some new thing to threaten the world as we know it. I am fully prepared to hear about zombies, I really am. There aren't many things I've been able to do and because my job takes me all over the place, internet connection is all over the place and after working in the sun all day, my brain is fried and I can't think of anything. That being said, I find that the lack of doing anything after work is really starting to hurt more than anything.

Depression starts to hit and the will to do nothing kinda drags everything else even lower. So, I'm going to try and restart myself again. While I don't think I have as many rights as I ghost so often in the past and there is no way to tell if it would happen again, I'm not really expecting many partners but I'm going to try and get my sea legs back. The sea is a metaphor for writing... I think.

On the upside, I was able to fulfill my dream of making an unknown character more known that she was and that is a plus for me.

-Twenty-Eight Days Later-
Song Listening to at Start: Take What You Want - State of Mine

Almost the end of the year and man, fuck 2020, can't even die right. Got told last week that because the whole Covid-19 shit and the lift of the evictions terminated, my landlord has told me that I have to find another place in 30 days because he wants to sell the house I'm in. "I'm having problems keeping up the properties so I need to sell the house" How is it that I have never once been late on a payment, even during Covid, I have been paying him the full amount because I knew it was just as hard on him as it was for others. I was still employed and figured if I did that, I would have a better relationship with him and wouldn't ever have to worry about this kind of shit.

Long story short, this fucker tries to turn around and sell the house TO ME! "Oh, if you get a loan and pay a down payment of 7000, that only makes the payments 500 a mouth which is lower than what you are paying now." No duh dipshit, I can do simple fucking math. You know what else gets put into that equation, the seven thousand fucking dollars that you think i can just POOF into my bank account and so happily give to you. AFTER TELLING MY YOU ARE KICKING ME OUT?! The fuck is wrong with the logic here?!

Side note. I'm making custom Yu-Gi-Oh cards to battle my depression and kinda stabilize some sense of normalcy so I can stay grounded.

Back
Top Bottom