Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tower of God (EzraLora and I only)

GuardianAngel

Queen of the Angels
Imagine if you could meet God and have any wish granted? What would you wish for? World-peace? Infinite money? There are so many things that you can wish for, but for the most part having a wish granted doesn't seem realistic. It is only a dream. But having this wish keeps one hopeful, even when times seemed down.

A young woman with dyed hot pink hair down to the middle of her waist just stood next to that of her twin sister. The last number of months had turned chaotic for them, especially with the death of their parents. This happening resulted in them more or less being evicted from their own home. But that didn't surprise the female at all, their parents had always been known for their tricks. What had they decided to do? Create two different wills. The first will was what their lawyer got stating that the house, property, and everything still belonged to their family, and that it wasn't to be sold back to the state. But it also stated that in order for their children to assess the funds, the thing that was most needed, they needed to find the hidden will which had the code on it for the safe that would allow the twins to get their money. But finding that will.... that was something else.

"I wish we could find that damn will. Then.... I would have the money to get you proper treatment, and you would be better already." Rosalia spoke in a soft voice as she just looked towards her sister, a sad look in her eyes. This was the wish that she had more than anything in the world. To be able to cure her precious twin sister of an ailment that she had, but there was only so much that Rose could do in general. Everything was so expensive.

The pinkette looked towards the ceiling of the motel room they were staying in before she asked, "Do you remember that story we had read when we were younger? About the friends who had been drawn into some strange place? And how they had made their way up to God and made a wish. Maybe.... maybe that is real. Maybe we will be lucky enough to find this place. We can find this mysterious god, and I can wish for your sickness to go away."

Summer sat in her wheel chair out in the open air, the wind lightly moving through her hair. She had recently gone through a few physical changes, her hair that was once a hearty brown colour was now fading to a crisp white. It was only the top of her head that really possessed any of the original colour on it, and even then it was getting paler. She took the fine page between her thumb and forefinger and turned it over, reading was always a good way to distract herself from the problems of the real world. In all honesty she was beginning to feel more like a burden to her sister than an actual help anymore. She could only walk by herself for maybe... twenty minutes with short rests, pushing it could result in damage in her lungs from strain. "I just feel like a useless lump..." She muttered, adjusting slightly the now large t-shirt.

Ever since their parents had died, she had poured over everything she could grab her hands on to find this letter, maps, blue prints, heck their parent's old study use to be a wreck before they had to move. Yet as she sat there, reading with her finger tapping on the hardcover of the book her mind drifted from one word to the other, and then from one room in the house to the next. "Crazy people, they were absolutely crazy.." She said to herself and turned to the text page.

Deciding it was best to leave reading there, she closed the book on her robin book mark. It was nothing special, just an ordinary bookmark where a wool robin sat on top and looked as though it was happily perched on the pages of it. Slipping the hard back book into one of the compartments on her wheel chair, she found her hand brushing over a chess board. One of the few things that she could swipe from the house before they were evicted. It was a glorious thing with a fold away wooden board, it certainly weighed with the chess pieces but she liked to keep it close. Never know when a game would come in to pass the time... or perhaps she was being sentimental. Either way she didn't care.

Heaving her hands back she turned in the chair and began to wheel herself back inside, having gotten use to the mobility of the thing she still agreed that it was a freaking hindrance in this motel.

Rose looked at her sister for a brief moment in time before she was shaking her head a bit then spoke, "You aren't are useless lump. Don't ever think that. Ever." She looked at her twin sister fully before she was going over and wrapping her arms around her in a hug before she was drawing away. Ah there was the comment about crazy people, more than likely speaking of their parents. It had been a while since they had passed away and the twins had yet to find the damn will to that day. They had checked ever nook and cranny in the study. Every book, every picture, everything but still nothing. Since they owned the house, they just couldn't live there, they could go to the house to keep searching through stuff.

"I'm thinking of checking the attic next. We were never allowed up there. I wouldn't be surprised if they hid it up there somewhere." Rose commented after a moment in time before she was drifting over to push her sister back into their motel room. Once inside she was pausing in the doorway before she spoke, "I'm thinking Chinese for supper. What would you like?"

She hugged her sister back and patted her back a little before taking in a deep breath and leaned back in her chair. Though at the sound of food she shot her hands into the air and exclaimed with joy. "RIBS!" she then gave a little chuckle before brushing her hand through her hair, "I doubt they would put it somewhere so freaking obvious... knowing them they burnt the will as they died." She looked to the side for a moment and her pale hair moved to the side of her head and she sat there for a while and stared off into space for a moment.

"Maybe they buried it." She said after a moment and looked at her sister, before rubbed her head they had searched the house... The land of the house was something that was a different matter. "Why would they do this to their freaking kids.." She muttered and slapped her cheeks. "Come on Summer think, think." She breathed out, and lowered her hands from her now red cheeks.

Rose laughed a bit at her sister's excitement when she was stating that she was wanting ribs. Well that she could do. She knew that there was a place that made really good ribs that her sister absolutely loved, and it wasn't super far away from them at the time. The female just shook her head before she spoke, "Or they did put it somewhere so obvious and we've just kept overlooking it. But I doubt that. We've torn the house apart except for the attic." She ran her fingers through her pink hair before she was stating that she would be back, just gazing up towards the sky as she walked outside. Man everything just seemed to fall apart right before their eyes. A small sigh escaped her lips before she spoke, "Man I wish the stories were true.... about wish granting."

Summer looked over the room for a moment now that she was left alone within the room. Her finger was mindlessly tapping the chess board in the side compartment that would be at the side of her chair. Though as she looked around there was a moment where she felt the ground begin to rumble, taking in a deep breath she looked around again. Was that an earthquake? Suddenly there was an eruption of the board that scattered around her and her sister who was just outside, the entire world seemed to dissolve around the pair of them, in a splay of black and white tiles that began to lock together until one solid structure was made between the pair of them, rising high and tall to where the sky would have been but was now replaced with a blood red sky and an open field. The only other thing in front of them, was a door. A large black and white door. "Erm... Rose.. did the doctors give me something i shouldn't or did you see all of that too?

Good thing Rose hadn't gotten overly far, and everything had just seemed to shift around them. This had her looking around for a moment in time, especially at the large black and white door. What on earth had just happened? She was just shaking her head when her sister questioned on if she had been given something she shouldn't have been, or if she had seen everything as well. "Yes I did. You aren't going crazy." she spoke after a moment before she was walking forward towards the doors. This had her tentatively pushing on them, and pushing them open.

"Welcome to the Tower of God. My name is Mordecai. And I am the game warden of level one." came a voice and what appeared to be a large rabbit was coming out of seemingly no where. This had Rose just blinking for a brief moment and the rabbit thing was explaining what would happening while they were in the tower. Each level was going to be a different challenge that they would have to get through, and make their way up to tower. "At the 100th floor, you shall meet God, and you shall be granted a wish. Any wish at all." Mordecai spoke and Rose was just giving a slow nod. Was this seriously happening?

Summer on the other hand sat there blinking a little at the rabbit thing that was standing in front of her. Peering over at the other person that she still hoped was her sister. She would expect anything to have changed at this point, she turned back as the instructions were given. "Wait... one hundred floors? How long are the challenges?" She had so many questions and wanted far more information than she knew that the pair of them would be given at this moment. That last part was interesting though, they would get to meet God... that was... hard to believe. To her God had always just been that person that people tended to use to blame their problems on. Yet here they were. In front of a strange door, about to enter a game that was being announced by a rabbit thing, that gave the easter bunny a run for its money.

Mordekai was giving a chuckle before he spoke, "Some challenges don't take long at all, while others take longer than you want. Such as this first challenge. A simple challenge really. Through that door is a room, all you have to do is pass through the door on the other side." Well that seemed easy enough until you factored in that going through the room showed you all of your worst nightmares, and you couldn't make a single noise. Nothing could harm you there but, it seemed so realistic that you would think it could. Powerful illusions. "Since you two are a team, only one of you needs to complete this challenge for you two both move on. So who shall take the challenge?" Mordekai questioned, with an almost devious grin on his lips.

Rose just studied the rabbit thing for a moment in time before she was questioning, "What is the catch?" This had the rabbit thing giving a laugh before he spoke, "Smart ones. Nobody has ever asked what the catch was. They have always just entered the room. But since you asked, I will answer. The catch is.... you must remain silent." This had Rose giving a small frown after a moment in time before she was looking over towards her sister then back towards the door. Okay some kind of horror challenge, or something.

Summer blew some air into her cheeks and adjusted her wheel chair to look at the door. She placed her hand under the chin, taking the stereotypical pose for one that was beginning to get deep in thought. She was thinking about what she was truly scared of, though that was definitely a tough question. Most people could say that they were scared of x y and z without the bat of an eye. But the true fear was never revealed until you were actually faced with it. She let out a long sigh and looked over at her sister, "If you want i'll go in to do, i mean i look like hell already and i'm pretty good at being quiet hehe." She gave her a weak smile, if it was for her sister she could go to the moon and back. Though she would never tell her, it was partially the reason she was still putting up a fight to survive.

Rose looked towards her for a moment a moment in time before she was giving a nod then spoke, "If you are wanting to do so, then I will not stop you." This had her looking towards Morecai for a moment before the rabbit thing spoke, "But since you are figured out that there was a catch. I'll give you two chances. If you fail, then your companion still has the chance to try and complete the challenge. Should you both fail though.... you are out of the tower."

Summer nodded a little, "Noted... thought you don't think you could give me the energy to walk through it could you? I would hate to slow down from falling." She said, just having a rather amusing image in her head of having to crawl through the challenge and her fears awkwardly hanging there looking confused on what to do after they had done their initial scare to her. Taking in a deep breath she gripped the wheels and began to turn to head towards the challenge, wondering deep down what was going to be put before her.

Mordecai thought about that for a moment before he spoke, "I suppose I could do that." With that he was taking something out of his pocket and tossing it at her. It looked like a piece of candy. "Eat that once you get to the door. The effects will only last for an hour, hopefully you are out by then." he spoke after a moment in time. It wasn't like the room was very big whatsoever, it was just you didn't know what you were going to see that was going to make you stop dead in your tracks.

She took the candy and examined it closely before nodding slowly. SHe understood what he meant by that and approached the door, once she did she took it and felt a tingle in her legs. They felt stronger, stronger than they had in a long time. It was due to that, that she managed to rise to her feet. Stretching her legs a little, and examining inside the room she made her way inside. What was to come out, she just hoped to god it wouldn't be something with a painted on smile. Or worse, just someone insane.

Rose watched her sister for a moment before she was walking forward as well although she didn't enter the room. "Be safe." she told her sister and then watched as she seemed to disappear inside the room, and the door was closing behind her as if magic. Whatever Summer's fears were would seem to come to life around her. All she had to do was remember not to make a sound and to remind herself that none of it was actual real, that none of it could actually hurt her. But when your worst fear was standing there in front of you, that was a little difficult. Take Rose for example, she was terrified of clowns after watching a horror movie called Clown where the clown suit had been made of demon skin, and the person who put it on was slowly becoming a demon who needed to eat children. Yeah watch that as a younger child with a babysitter because the babysitter wanted to watch a "comedy". That was definitely nowhere close to be a comedy whatsoever.

Summer made her way through the room, surprised at the lack of anything around her and was just about to let her guard down before she heard the clicking of something around her. It sounded as though bones were snapping around her, as the sound travelled from one end to above her and then to behind herself. Freezing on the spot she turned her head the smallest amount and looked into the corner of her eye. What she saw was a thin creature with long spindly arms and legs and huge claws that seemed as though they could cut through flesh like butter. On its elongated face were teeth that had pierced the gums and caused blood to trickle down its sickly white skin. For a moment she locked her gaze with those eight milky eyes and was so close to scream out. She was cursing herself for reading so much horror, as her version of the boogy man stared her down, the clawed hand getting closer. 'Come on move!' She screamed at herself in her head, and began to walk again. The clicking and snapping following her behind, though she didn't spare a moment to look back. Fear welling up inside her. She just wanted this to be over as soon as possible. The sudden warm drool running over her shoulder, or the light trickling of claws on her back weren't helping!

The room wasn't super big, all she had to do was make it to the other side of the room without a noise and at least touch the door handle, opening it was more ideal but at least touching the doorknob would make everything just seem to vanish as if it was nothing there. So many people got so caught up in their fears, that they forgot that they were in a challenge, or there had even been a number of people who had more or less had a heart attack in fear. Many seemed to forget that it wasn't actually real, that it couldn't touch them at all. Mordecai had seen many different people go through, some with some strange fears, and some with more normal fears. There were some who weren't able to get through this first level, and then there were some that just literally ran through it. He had to think back at a recent couple of friends that had come through a number of years ago, the one that had been doing the challenge, had literally closed their eyes and just ran straight. Had ended up slamming straight into the wall on the other side of the room, but after that had used his hands to navigate his way to the door. Definitely one way to do it, if your fear was more visual than auditory. Didn't quite work out if your fear was a noise of some sort. Like somebody who had come in a number of months ago they were somebody who wasn't really afraid of much, horror movie fanatic so not much terrified them.... but they were terrified of thunder and that "jump scare" music. Boy had that been entertaining to watch.

It seemed like hers was all of the above, a mixture of everything a trick of the senses as her over working mind continued to construct this fear around her. 'Can't hurt me.... can't hurt me..' She thought to herself, though it was getting harder, and it seemed like she was beginning to get slower as her legs got much harder to move. She just wanted to try to move forward, or continue to walk... but it was getting much harder. Coming to a stop she saw the doorknob, unable to make certain if it was real or a trick, nevertheless she whipped her hand forward and went to grab the handle. It was then, that she saw everything vanish around her. Wide eyed she kept hold of the door, afraid to speak, or move at the moment, and just clutched that door handle as if it were a buoyancy aid.

Mordekai was able to see everything that was going on in the room, although Rose wasn't sure what was going on, she wasn't even sure how her sister was doing. But it wasn't long before the rabbit thing was clapping and her sister seemed to be appearing near her once again the rabbit stating that she had passed the test. Sure she hadn't opened the door, but technically he hadn't said that they needed to open the door, he had just said they needed to reach the door on the other side of the room. "You have passed the test. You may now move onto level two." he spoke and was pointing towards a portal that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

She blinked a little as the room changed and she could see everyone there, and by everyone she meant the giant rabbit as well as her sister. Without thinking she walked towards her and pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly. It was very clear that Summer was trembling in her grasp and seemed to be trying to calm down, but was finding difficulty in doing so.

Rose was wrapping her arms around her sister before she spoke in a gentle voice, "Calm and breath. It was all fake. I'm with you, you are safe." With that she was rubbing her head gently to try and get her to calm down.

Summer began to relax slowly, just trying to get her head round that it was a vision. She knew it was, it had to be. SHe could understand why this was such a hard challenge for most people now. "Next time there is a creepy room with your inner fear.. i'm not going to be so brave." She stated and made her way to her wheelchair, after getting a few crucial more moments of a nice hug from her. Taking a moment to get back into her wheelchair, she looked over the rabbit and her sister. "So... ehm... what is next?"

Rose just looked towards her sister before she spoke, "I wouldn't blame you." After that she was looking towards her sister then looking at the rabbit, who was merely shrugging his shoulders. "You move onto level two. I am only the judge on level one, I don't know what happens on any of the other levels. But since you two were intuitive and figured out something many others did not. Let me award you with these five passes. With these five passes you can automatically skip a challenge and move to the next floor. But use them only as needed. And know that there are certain floors where you have to pass the challenge to move on. But the first one you will encounter is a challenge on floor ten. Completing the game will allow you to jump up to level twenty-six. Losing the game, you still move ahead but you don't get that four level jump." Mordecai spoke as he was handing the passes over to Rose, who was tucking them in her shoulder bag she had with her.

Summer blinked a little at rabbit and then looked over to her sister. "Right... that's... good to hear." She could suddenly feel the drain upon her body as she closed her eyes a little. It seemed as though the adrenaline in the moment kept her body moving and together, only for it to now stick the middle finger to her. Leaning back in the wheelchair she brushed a few strands of her hair out of her face. "Shall we get moving now?" She tried her best to sound well, and that everything was just peachy, but the tiredness in her voice was clear to her. She just didn't want to make her sister start worrying for no reason.

Rose looked towards her sister for a moment before she spoke, "Yeah lets get going." With that she was walking around to her sister so that she could push the wheelchair off through the portal, so that they could get on to the next level. At that point in time she wasn't really sure what to expect then they seemed to be exiting out into what appeared to be an open field.

Back
Top Bottom