Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Semper Fi and Nadie

Cassandra wasn't overly thrilled to be away from home for the night and most of the day, but tradition was tradition, and the brides weren't allowed to see each other before the wedding. She was at a nice hotel in town, where she could get ready nad then drive to the wedding. She'd opted for her dress blues, her formal cop uniform, it was rarely used but it was meant for formal occasions, and it contrasted beautifully with Sasha's dress.

Katherine would have had the same response if a year ago someone had said she'd be dating and living with a small town sheriff, on her pretty ranch. But here she was, and she couldn't be happier, she'd moved her practice here, though of course she made frequent visits to the city for work, but she didn't mind. She put on a beautifully emerald green dress, piling her dark hair up on her head, just a couple of strands loose. applying a soft amount of makeup, she was ready to go.

Jeshickah now worked as a caterer in a small town, It wasn't exactly up her ally but she was figuring it out, it was for her safety after all, so she'd make it work. She hurried around to get things prepared for the wedding that was going to be starting soon.

Sasha headed out of the bathroom in just a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt. She was going to get into her dress at the venue. Two people waited for Sasha, a tall dark haired man around her age, and a middle aged woman who held Maddie against her hip. Some of the man's features was seen in Maddie and it was clear that he was related to the toddler. Sasha was unsure about Ally's bother Daniel being Maddie's donor. But it made alot of things much easier for Maddie to be of blood relation to both women. She walked over and gave Daniel a hug and kiss on the cheek before doing the same to the woman.

"Ok, let's get going" she said, her nervousness obvious in her voice and the four headed out.

Evan walked in just as Kat was applying her make up. She took in the sight of her gorgeous lover, giving her a knowing smile as she leaned against the door frame. "All set?"

Charlie was the first to arrive since she had no one to wait for and headed into the venue. She took in the room that was to be used for the reception then spotted a woman working. She walked up and have her a friendly smile. "Hey there. It's looking great." she said, keeping her distance so as to not get too much in the way of the woman, who Charlie noticed now was pretty cute.

Katherine smirked at Evan, "Well, don't you look stunning." She complimented as she finished her makeup, and slid her feet into her heels. "Yes, I'm ready." she grabbed her small purse off the counter.

Jesh saw the woman coming, she'd learned to be very observant. She nodded. "Hi. Thanks." She said as she continued hurrying around, setting up the food. "The bar is open already, if you want. But you're the first to arrive, aside form staff." She said, continuously aware of wherever the woman was as Jesh kept moving about, preparing, at least this job was quick and kept her on the move, even if it wasn't what she was use to.

Evan chuckled then held her arm out for Kat "Right back at you babe." she said before grabbing her cap and leading Kat to the car to head to the venue. Meanwhile across town Riley Davis was fussing with the bowtie of her tux, muttering curses under her breath as she failed once again to get it right. Well.....at least it wasn't a dress. No way she was going to wear one of those. ((almost forgot about these two xD))

Charlie nodded and headed to the bar to get herself a soda for now, deciding to wait until after the wedding for the harder stuff. She observed the woman as she worked, admiring her hassle and attention to detail. "I haven't seen you around before. You new here or do you live out of town?" she asked to fill the silence.

Sasha arrived and hurried unto the venue from the back and into the dressing room to get changed with some help from Daniel and Sandra, Ally's mother. Once the hair dresser arrived to start on Sasha's hair Daniel went out in search for Cass to see if she had arrived yet, and to also have a moment alone for a chat.

((I didn't remember Lexa and Riley being in this one xD))

Lexa laughed as she approached Riley, "Here," She nudged Riley's hands away to do it herself. "My father taught me to tie a bowtie and a regular tie when I was 17. Told me someday I'd understand why. Of course he assumed I'd be tying it for a man. But nevertheless, I do understand why he taught me." She smiled, leaning in to kiss her lover lightly, as she finished.

Jesh glanced over, "Yeah I'm new to town, just got here a couple of weeks ago." She said, as she continued scurrying around. Jesh didn't socialize much, which was why she'd rarely been seen around town. She'd been told to keep a low profile, and that's exactly what she did.

Cassandra had arrived at the venue and was in her own dressing room to apply the finishing touches on her makeup and finish her hair. Making sure her outfit was perfect. She heard a knock on the door and replied "Decent." glancing over to see Daniel coming in. "Hey," She greeted warmly.

Riley chuckled as she allowed Lexa to tie her bowtie. "Well I appreciate him teaching you" Riley leaned into the kiss before pulling back to grab her keys. The two have had quite a year. After a close call with a serial arsonist, they finally realized their long time friendship, with some benefits, was all the two needed and decided to make a go of going exclusive. Riley had since moved in with Lexa and she felt perfectly content with her life. While she did not see herself doing the whole marriage thing, she loved seeing others tie the knot.((same lol xD Yeah Riley was a firefighter and Lexa ran a dog shelter))

Charlie nodded then saw some guests and staff members arrive. "Well, I should go check on the bride." she gave Jesh a warm smile before extending her hand to the other woman. "I'm Charlie, by the way. Maybe we can get to know each other sometime."

Daniel smiled back and pulled Cass in for a hug "Hey you." he pulled away and gently patted Cass's shoulder "So here we are. Nervous?"

((Oh yes! Now I remember!))

Lexa chuckled as she stepped away from Riley, in just a black bra and underwear. She walked to the closet and found a sleek black dress, it was fluttery and soft fitting, with a deep v neck line, and a halter type style on top, with it tying behind her neck. She slid on her shoes and said, "Ready to go?"

Jesh eyed the pretty woman, "Maybe." She said, non-committedly, she wasn't big on getting to know anyone just yet. But she shook the woman's hand. "I'm Hannah." She had to use her cover name, not her real name. She got the distinct feeling that this woman was flirting with her, and normally she wouldn't have minded, but she didn't want to risk someone else getting tangled up in her messy life.

Cass returned the hug and smiled. "Yeah a little. But I figure everyone should be a little nervous on their wedding day." She chuckled, as she adding the final touches to her makeup. "How's Sasha doing?" She asked curiously.

Riley let out a whistle when she saw Lexa "Lookin good~" she nodded at her question and led Lexa out to the car to head to the wedding.

Charlie gave the woman another smile. "Hannah, pretty name" with that she gave Hannah a wave before heading to the back to check on Sasha.

Daniel chuckled. "Yup, it's perfectly normal." he said then Sandra opened the door to the dressing you, giving each of them a smile. "Sasha is doing fine. Nervous but fine." She gave Cass a warm hug before standing next to Daniel. "Hey, thanks for including us." she began "I know it might be a bit awkward having us here. But Sasha will always be welcome in our family. Even if Ally is gone." Daniel nodded in agreement. "You are also always welcome."

Jesh just watched Charlie leave, letting out a slow breath. "No. Absolutely not." She muttered to herself, she was not going to get into a relationship. Too dangerous, she wouldn't risk someone else 's life.

Cass shook her head. "It's not awkward." She assured, "You guys are Sasha's family, and Maddie's. And now you're mine too. They both loved Abby, and I'm not looking for them to forget her. She's a part of them, and she always will be. I hope she'd be okay with what's happening." She said as she turned to watch the two, ready to go and take her spot, to wait for Sasha to walk down the aisle to her.

Sandra swiped a tear from her eye as Daniel put his arm around his mother. "Thank you for saying that Cassandra. We are so happy to continue to be apart of Sasha and Maddie's life." she gathered herself and hugged Cass once more "We should go take our seats." They headed off and Cass was called to the alter soon after. After checking to see that Sasha was doing alright Charlie headed to the alter as well, standing on Sasha side since she was her maid of honor. Riley had arrived some time ago and sat with Lexa while Evan was waiting for Sasha so she could walk her down the isle. Sasha's own family had disowned her after she came out. She did not see it as a big loss since she found her own family to be accepted in.

The rest of the wedding party filed in. Maddie was carried by Sandra as the toddler tossed pedals around with Sandra's assistance. Then the bridal music started up and the guest stood as the door opened and Sasha walked in with Evan. They walked side by side and Evan handed a beaming Sasha over to Cass before going to take her seat next to Kat and Sasha stood before the woman she that was to become her wife. Charlie watched on, so very happy for her friends. An image of the cater girl came to mind. She shook it off and continued to watch the ceremony.

Cass took her spot at the alter, shifting her feet, obviously a little nervous, watching people file in, then the music started, her green eyes shifted to look down the aisle. The moment she saw the beautiful woman that would be her wife, her stomach settled, she grinned and watched her approach, it was hard to not walk out to meet her. She took Sasha's hand, squeezing it gently. "You are gorgeous." She whispered. They stood at the alter together, ready to promise a life of love to each other.

Jesh watched the wedding with the rest of the catering party, they had only a few other things to do and this was the best part of catering events like this, seeing some of the happiest moments of people's lives.

Sasha felt her face flush at Cass's compliment and she smiled at her fiance. "I can say the same to you~" The vows where exchanged and they shared a kiss one they were pronounced as spouses. Everyone stood and clapped for the new couple and soon the reception was underway. The guests congratulated the happy couple while they ate, danced, and laughed as they shared stories of the two. Sasha at one point leaned into Cass "Damn, and I thought you looked good in your normal uniform." she purred as she slowly traced the outer rim of Cass's ear.

Charlie made her way around the reception, chatting with family and friends. Soon she found her way to the buffet table once more but not for something to eat. She smiled at Hannah. "Everything is great I gotta say." While indeed the food was great, she really just wanted to chat with the woman.

After the ceremony, they danced and ate, mingling with their friends and family. Cass wrapped her arm wround her new wife, grinning at Sasha's words. "Mm, maybe I'll have to wear it more often for you," She teased, leaning in to kiss her gently.

Jesh was refilling one of the food trays when she saw the woman approach, she smiled, "I'll pass your compliments on to the chef." She said as she replaced the tray, and looked at the woman, oh she wished she wasn't in the situation she was in, she wanted to be free to pursue this, if there was anything that could come from it. But she knew she couldn't, so she shoved those thoughts down and focused on her job.

Sasha giggled and kissed Cass back and then their song began to play and she headed to the dance floor to have the traditional first dance as newlyweds. Charlie flashed a smile at the woman and turned to watch Sasha and Cass dance. They fit so well together and Charlie began to wonder of she would have been happy with someone by now if she had been looking for something a bit more serious.

Cass grinned and danced with her wife, she'd never expected to find something so perfect. They danced through their song, before Cass murmured, "Hold on a minute," She left the floor and took Maddie from Daniel's arms, she proceeded back to the dance floor. "Our new family," SHe murmured, settling Maddie on her hip, wrapping her other arm around Sasha, the DJ began playing the song that Cass had picked out for her new little family's first song.

Jesh had finished her work mostly and was doing some clean up, when she saw a man across the room, the plate in her hand clattered onto the table. The color drained from her face, after a moment she realized the man wasn't her ex-husband. But the panic was still there, she hurried from the room, looking for a dressing room to duck into to try and regain her composure.

The guest aww'd at the display by Cass and clapped as the couple continued to dance. Sasha smiled widely and gave her daughter a kiss on her forehead before giving Cass one on her lips. "Our family" she murmured as she leaned her head against Cass's shoulder.

Charlie was watching the display then notice out of the corner of her eye Hannah rushing to the back. She noted the pale look on her face and grew concerned so she decided to follow and make sure she was alright. Charlie saw Hannah duck into one of the dressing room and knocked before calling through the door.

"Hey, you alright? Can I come in? I am an EMT so if you are feeling unwell I can check you out."

Cass held her new family close, she'd never expected to do the marriage and child thing, but she was oh so happy here.

Jesh leaned against the far wall, breathing slowly as she was trying to avoid from vomiting or fainting, whichever happened first. The knock on the door had her startling and huffing out a breath. She heard the voice, Damn it. She thought. "I'm fine. Come in." She knew the owman wouldn't go away until she'd seen for herself that Jesh was fine. Though unfortauntely, Jesh looked far from fine, trembling, half bent over, pale, eyes wide. "I'm fine, really," She said.

Charlie walked in and immediately knew that Hannah was not fine. She walked over to her and took her wrist to feel her pulse. It was racing "You don't look fine. Was it something you ate? Fighting an illness? Or maybe a panic attack?" Charlie continued to check the woman's vitals, coming face to face with her as she checked her pupils. Her own heart started racing from the close contact and she pulled back, letting out a nervous cough. "Ummm....yeah I don't think you need a trip to the hospital. Let me just get you some water." Charlie raced out of the room and grabbed a bottle of water from the catering table and raced back to the room, offering it to Hannah. "Just sit down and take a breather." she knelt down in front of the woman to continue to monitor her vitals. "You have any idea what caused this?"

The touch from Charlie certainly wasn't helping, causing her heart to race for a whole different reason. But then Charlie left and came back with water. Jesh had since slid to the floor. She was still breathing hard, but she took the water, drinking it rather quickly, as she came up with an excuse, finally she said, "I'm prone to panic attacks." She couldn't exactly tell her the real reason but she tired to lie as little as possible.

Charlie nodded and went over the normal questions she would ask a patient. Are you under any medication? Is there someone I can call? And others. Once she was happy that Hannah's heart rate had returned to normal she helped her up. Normally she would pull away but instead she kept a hold of her hand. She was tempted to ask for her number, but felt it was inappropriate at the moment. She reluctantly pulled away before speaking. "How are you feeling now?"

Jesh answered her questions as truthfully but vaguely as she could. Rather enjoying Charlie's presence. They held hands as Jesh nodded. "I'm alright, really. I'm feeling fine." She said as she squeezed Charlie's hand. Then she reluctantly let go, "I should get back out there, finish my job." She said softly.

Charlie nodded "Y-Yeah sure. Just make sure to go home and rest after this." with that, she headed back to the reception and soon Sasha and Cass where heading out to their ride to head off to their honeymoon. She hugged both women before they headed off then headed back in to see if Hannah needed a hand in cleaning up. She was not sure why, but she felt very drawn to this woman.

Jesh nodded, she finished up her work and left earlier, claiming to be sick, and she certainly looked like it, so her boss didn't argue.

Kat stood with Evan, watching as the happy couple climbed into the limo and left, heading for the airport.

Cass had planned a week long getaway in Greece. She'd kept it a secret for Sasha, at least until they arrived at the airport and followed signs for the terminal, once there they saw the reader board that read Greece.

Charlie looked for Hannah but could not find her. She was disappointed, but she understood that she would have wanted to leave early. After grabbing one last drink she headed out and to her car to head on home.

Evan held Kat's hand as they watch then lead her back to the car to head home. After witnessing the ceremony, she started to think that marriage didn't sound too bad.

Sasha was bouncing with anticipation on the way to the airport. She hounded Cass for weeks to tell her where they were going but she wouldn't budge. She got changed in the limo so she didn't have to lumber around in the dress and followed Cass into the airport and scanned the flights for theirs. After finding it and seeing the readout she practically squealed in delight and threw her arms around her wife.

Jesh went home, did a workout in her basement and then took a long hot shower, reminding herself that her past was just that, the past, If she stayed careful, she could live a happy life here.

Kat felt exhausted after the long day, she'd had a long work day the day before and hadn't gotten home until extremely late, so she was running on little sleep. Which meant she was now curled up, barefoot, in her dress, in the passenger seat of Evan's car, asleep.

Cass laughed, hugging her back. "Worth all the waiting?" She teased, kissing her cheek. "We've got seven days all to ourselves." She murmured. She too had changed clothes, now in much more comfortable, casual wear for the plane ride.

Back
Top Bottom