Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Semper Fi and Nadie

Devin just nodded and laid back, her head facing away from Joss. Evan waited for Joss to step out and pulled her aside. "I need to know now Joss. Will you be able to handle this case? I know you just started dating her, but this is a serious conflict of interest. You are the best suited for this case however. I want you on it." If need be, she would head it up herself. But she had no experience in rape cases. This has rarely happened in all her years on the force.

Joss stepped outside to give her privacy. She looked at Evan. “I’ll handle it. No offense but I’m not going to trust anyone else with this.” She sighed. “She’s mine. I’m going to figure out who hurt her.” She said firmly. Joss wouldn’t be able to sit in the sidelines. “I’ll take a copy of the evidence with me. But I’m taking her home and staying with her, if she’ll let me.”

Evan nodded in understanding. If it was Kat she would feel the same. "Alright, I'll head back then." with that, she left Joss to take care of her girlfriend. Devin remained silent as she got dressed and filled out the discharge paperwork. They headed home in a cab since Evan took the squad car. "....I should have taken a cab home...." Devin said as she headed inside her home. Bowser lifted his head up and watch his master enter but made no move to greet her. Either sensing the mood, or was still a bit ill to move around too much.

"Thank you Joss. I'm going to bed....goodnight." Devin slowly headed to her room and laid down onto the bed, still in the scrubs the hospital gave her and above the covers. Bowser watch Devin leave then turned and tilted his head over at Joss.

Joss eyes Devin. “This is not your fault. You had every right to be safe walking home.”

Arriving at Devin’s home she nodded. “Goodnight. I’ll be on the couch if you need me.” Once Devin has gone to bed Joss took care of Bowser, helping him go outside, feeding him and giving him his medication. She then spent hours pouring over the evidence, unable to sleep.

Devin had only slept for about an hour before she woke back up in a cold sweat, having relived her trauma in her dream. She laid there for a long while in the fetal position before getting up and heading to the bathroom. After stripping off her clothes she stepped into the shower and turned the water on before sitting down under the spray. Joss's words played in her head "This is not your fault." But honestly, wasn't it? She was foolish to walk alone at night, a helpless little blind woman. She didn't even have Bowser there to protect her. If he hadn't been ill, then maybe the attacker would have decied against targeting her. She went over several scenerios in her head before eventually dozing off in the shower, the hot water soon running out and she sat up against the shower wall, shivering. The water had been running for nearly two hours and Bowser walked over to the master bedroom, whining and scratching at the door.

Joss was still working when she heard the shower water start. She listened to it and frowned when the time ticked by. At the two hour mark she stood up, "Yeah yeah, let's check on our girl." She opened the bedroom door and walked to the bathroom door." Devin" She called softly, knocking lightly on the door. She didn't want to startle her. "Devin," she called again as she nudged the door open, "Devin I'm coming in," She called.

Bowser walked in and headed straight for the bathroom and poking his head in the shower, showing Joss where Devin was. Devin remained asleep, mainly out of exsaustion.

Joss walked in, seeing her girlfriend asleep in the shower. Sighing softly, she turned the water off, getting a large towel she wrapped it around Devin and lifted her up, carrying her to bed. "Come on baby," She murmured, she managed to dry Devin off, before dressing her in pair of baggy pants and t-shirt, figuring she wouldn't want to be naked after what happened. She tucked Devin into bed, wrapping the blankets around her so she would warm up, that water had been very cold. Joss leaned down, pressing her lips to Devin's forehead gently, before she started to back away. Helping Brower onto the bed to cuddle with his mistress.

Bowser lept up on the bed and took is usually postion at Devin's feet, lettning out a huffed sigh as he closed his eyes. Devin shifted a bit when she was carried and dressed bit never woke up. Once tucked in she gripped Joss's shirt and held it, her breathing labored but after a moment it calmed and she was breathing normally. However, a few stray tears can be seen escaping her closed eyes.

Joss stayed close as Devin held her shirt. She reached down to brush the tears away. She sat on the edge of the bed, not wanting to lay next to her in case it scared her, but she'd sit here as long as Devin held on to her. "I promise I'll find who did this to you." She whispered. Whether that person made it to jail or a grave was still up for debate.

Devin was resting comfortably as she laid against Joss. At first she thought the one holding her was her attacker, but her girlfriends scent and voiced calmed her and soon she fell into a deep sleep.

The next few weeks passed with little progress in the case. Evan was sure Joss would be fustrated so she took it upon herself to check on her deputy and see of she had found anything new. After the shift walked over to Joss's desk "What have you got?" she asked as she sat in the chair across from Joss.

Charlie sat on the floor of her apartment as she play wrestled a giggling Maddie. Since their town had no fertility clinic, Cass and Sasha had to drive into Dallas. Charlie was happy to take care of Maddie while they made their trip and stayed in the city overnight. After some playtime and dinner she got the toddler settled for a nap into the travel crib she had set up in her living room. Once she sat down she thought about calling Hannah. After their talk they still remained friendly to one another, but Charlie would be lying of she said there still wasn't an attraction. Never the less she grabbed her phone and dialed Hannah's number.

The next few weeks were stressful for Joss, she worked on the case every moment she was at work, but she was very careful to not bring it home with her. At home she was focused on Devin, doing anything that her girlfriend needed.

Joss tossed down the paperwork, "Nothing. Fucking Nothing," She growled. She was frustrated, beyond frustrated.

Jesh was sitting at home, bored out of her mind, she rarely went anywhere, rarely did anything, she knew it was stupid, but she was terrified that her husband would find her. She saw Charlie's name on her phone and smiled, "Hey," She greeted once she'd answered.

Evan nodded and sighed, she felt useless having no experience in these kind of crimes. Living and working in a small town her whole life, she could recall only having a small handful of cases like these. "When Shaw come back from Dallas I'll have her give ya a hand. Also...." Evan cleard her throat, always causious when addressing Devin. "Why don't you bring Devin to the ranch this weekend. I'm sure she could use the time away."

Charlie smiled at the sound of Hannah's voice. "Hey. I was just wondering what you were up to. I'm kinda babysitting and I could use an extra set of hands to handle the rugrat" That was a bit of a lie. Maddie was very well behaved and a joy to look after. But it was all Charlie could think of.

Joss eyed her, then nodded, "I'll ask. It would do her good, if she wants to go," Joss thought that getting her out of the hosue would be good, would help with the continued healing process. Physically Devin was almost healed, but mentally, Joss was sure the pain was still there.

Jesh snorted. "I have almost no experience with children. But alright, I'll come over," Jesh knew she shouldn't really, but she was so drawn to Charlie, she wanted to spend time with her.

Evan nodded then stood to head back to her office, lightly patting Joss's shoulder as she walked by. She hopes this small jester will help the woman heal.

Charlie smiled widely then gave Hannah her address before scurring around her apartment to tidy up before she showed up. Once Hannah would arrive she would lead her in and to the living room where a now awake Maddie was reaching our for them from her playpen.

Joss finished up at work and headed to Devin's home, with a pizza box. "Hey Devin," She called out, she tried hard to not surprise Devin at all. "I brought dinner," She'd mostly been living at Devin's since her attack. But she was still careful to not invade Devin's space too much, they weren't officially living together and she didn't want to push the boundary.

Jesh arrived and smiled, "Hey," She let Charlie lead her back to the living room. "Well, hey little darling," She smiled as she walked up to the playpen, "Aren't you adorable," She cooed.

Devin was laying in bed when she heard Joss come in. She rolled out of bed, Bowser who has his head resting on her legs jumping up and following her. Devin headed to the kitchen and smiled towards where she heard Joss setting dinner up. "That's sweet of you." she said with as much interest as she could. She just recently got back to eating regularly and was getting out of bed more often but still spent her days not doing much other than the nessesary work she needed to do to keep her job.

Charlie smiled at the sight of Maddie's excitment of meeting a new person. Charlie walked up and scooped the toddler up and rested her on her hip. "This is Maddie. My best friend's daughter. Her and her wife are in Dallas. They are looking to have another one of these" she said, tickling Maddie's stomach. Maddie wiggled in Charlie's arms.

Joss smiled at the sight of her girlfriend, pleaded to just see her out of bed. She set the table and pulled out the pizza setting two slices on each plate. “Can you grab some drinks?” Joss didn’t coddle Devin, she didn’t do everything for her anymore, the first week she did but now she was aiming to help Devin get back to whatever resemblance of normal she could. Once they were eating she spoke again, “So Evan has invited us out to her ranch for the weekend. I thought it might be nice to be out of the city, Bowser would have a ton of space to run and play when he’s off duty.”

Jesh smoked “well hello Maddie I’m J—Hannah,” she nearly slipped up and internally she winced. She couldn’t afford to slip up. “Well they seemed to do pretty good the first time around, I’m sure their second will be just as adorable and sweet,” she said, not knowing that Maddie wasn’t technically Cass’s though Cass had since legally adopted her.

Devin grabbed the drinks as Joss asked then sat at the table and grabbed her slice, nibbling at it. She seemed to be lost in thought which had been common place for the last few weeks. Joss's next words got her attention "She did? Oh, ummmm...y-yeah I'd like that. I'm sure Bowser would too." She didn't hate the idea of getting out of town for a day.

If Charlie noticed the slip up she didn't show it. "You hungry? I was just gonna order some take out." she said as she placed Maddie back in the playpen.

Last edited:
Joss nodded, "Good, well I'll let her know tomorrow," She said, smiling, hoping just maybe getting away for a while might help Devin. Joss had worked a lot of sex crimes, but she'd never been this close to anyone, so it was new and Joss was constantly worried she'd say or do the wrong thing.

Jesh nodded, "Yeah, dinner would be great, I haven't eaten yet." She said as she slid to sit on the couch. She was pleased to be here, despite knowing that it wasn't the safest choice.

Devin gave Joss a small smile. The time away could really help her get her mind off of everything, spend time with Joss and act like a real couple for a change. "I look forward to it"

Charlie placed Maddie into her play pen then took her phone out to call for take out. After some chinese food and a rather amusing attempt to give Maddie her dinner which resulted in most of it on the floor, Charlie's shirt and Maddie's clothes. They ended up back in the living room, Charlie with a towel wrapped around her neck and a paper headpiece on her head and a foam sword as she played the part of fearless hero.

"Ha! I am here to slay the dragon and save the fair maiden!" Charlie declared to Jesh in a goofy accent as Maddie bounced and clapped from her playpen.

Back
Top Bottom