Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars Shenanigans

What setting would you prefer to play in?

• Great Hyperspace War!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Old Republic!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Rise and Fall of the Galactic Empire!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Expanded Universe!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Something completely different! Leave a comment below with your preference!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

breakingcounsel

Super-Earth
Ok, I’m going to be straight-up here... there was talk about a Star Wars group before, and it sort of fell through, as the OP just seems to have vanished without a trace.

The general idea was that it would take place sometime in either the Great Hyperspace War period or the Old Republic era. While both do sound interesting, I’m not well-versed in either of those, and I don’t know how well I would perform in them.

Aaaaaaaaanywho... What I’m looking for here are ideas. Thoughts on plot, placement in/around events in the Star Wars timeline (whether EU or new canon), things like that. I’d love to get a decent size group going, with players on both sides of the conflict (or even neutral parties). No specific number of players, at least from me anyways... I just hope there’s enough interest for this that it’ll get off the ground without any Millenium Falcon-esque hiccups.

LeaT said:
KC, I don't want you to go outside of your comfort zone. I suppose considering Jiljoo taking on domestic duties, she might feel a little threatened by a droid doing those same tasks, perhaps flushing her out into the rest of the crew more. Nothing I can't function without though so don't feel like you need to fill that role.

I'm comfortable with it, and just wanted to make sure it didn't overshadow players. I am not used to playing "tabletop" style stories without a system in place, and always try to make sure to keep my characters limited when doing so.

I'll also have a bit of a guilty pleasure when it comes to machine sex. It would have to be subtle and perhaps no more than innuendo in this setting but I'll just say I am open to certain advanced sex toys if you have any in your tool box.:blush:

LeaT said:
I'll also have a bit of a guilty pleasure when it comes to machine sex. It would have to be subtle and perhaps no more than innuendo in this setting but I'll just say I am open to certain advanced sex toys if you have any in your tool box.:blush:

Things I didn't even know I wanted until I came upon it. (pun not intended. But hilarious)

This might be a good place to discuss how we want to handle smut. This is BMR, after all. This is likely to come up often with Alythra because, to be honest, she is probably going to try and recruit all of your characters into her harem (or feilynn, as Corsair and I have dubbed it in our other threads). Now, clearly, smut can slow down a story, and personally, I never successfully written smut with more than one partner participating. I believe it could work, I just have no idea how. So should we just do a fade to black, or do we want another thread just for those situations? relegate them to PMs? I haven't done many group games, so I am not sure what's common there.

Obviously, a lot is up to Soran, but I am not a fan of long, drawn out sex scenes, though I certainly enjoy having stimulation as a frequent occurrence. I think a separate thread is probably best so it doesn't slow down or derail the plot, and allows for more than two participants, which it sounds like Alythra will be seeking.

Also, Lea, glad to hear a woman will be *kind of* interested in him.

To be honest, I’m not really that big on long, drawn out sex scenes myself, and I have a hell of a time writing them when there’s more than one partner involved.

We could relegate them to PMs or another thread, if that’s what everyone wishes. Or do a “fade to black” sort of thing.

I like the idea of having the option open, and hell, I am down to try writing a smut scene with multiple writing partners (which is what I meant in my post. I have written group sex scenes before, lol.) So I think having a thread for that is the best option.

I see going off line for two reasons, not to tie up the main story for every thrust and tickle, and that often sex is a private affair between two (well maybe one and a particularly inventive droid) or more characters. In general I suggest taking the smut to another venue, either threads or PM. The exception might be if a particularly sensual and exhibitionist (and I'm not thinking of anyone in particular Xanaphia) character is going to jump on a guy (or gal) right in the crew common room, I won't be offended. The rest of the crew can either go about their business, watch, join in, or tell them to get a room! I would leave the decision as to PM or threads to those involved. Can other members make sub-threads once we get going or is it just Soran? I have a feeling we will need more than one...

Yeah, sub threads are probably the way to go, unless the main plot revolves into an org at some point. But what are the odds of that (innocent whistle)?

As far as the plot goes, what’s the plan? Are we going to have a single GM, or just introduce and follow storylines as they seem to fit?

I was under the impression that Soran was the GM, since he started the interest check and didn't ask for GMs.

That’s cool. I haven’t been in a lot of group RPs, so I wanted to check how we were handling this,

@LeaT, that’s a valid question. Once we have some sort of thing going, you guys can make subthreads as we need them.

@kckolbe... True, I guess I should have made it a little clearer that I’m not very experienced with GMing...

@TheCorsair, that’s probably going to be the best route. Follow a certain storyline until a new one is introduced.

Do we want to start brainstorming a first storyline to follow then? What sort of mission do we want to start off with?

That would be a good idea, xanaphia.

Before we get into mission planning, though- are we doing this run for the Rebellion or the Empire?

Honestly, I say we avoid "picking a side" early on. At this point, we are kinda nobodies, mercs who look for what work they can get. Maybe down the road our choices push us in a certain direction.

See, that is exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to get everyone’s opinions first before making a final decision.

That being said, that doesn’t mean we can’t do runs for one faction or the other before picking one. Personally, I’d prefer to be a Rebel-aligned smuggler, but I’m sure that not everyone feels that way. Which could add a whole ‘nother layer to the narrative: the crew dividing interests into one side or the other.

I think that having a divide could be interesting. Personally, my character is Imperial-trained, and there are some damn fine arguments for the Empire and against the Jedi-led Republic.

New face.... Tried to play, and even GM some StarWars, but they fell to the dark side of interest.

So, still on one ship, nobodies, and
Nykei - Primary Pilot/Secondary Mechanic
Alythra - Diplomat/Medic
Sevastien - Blaster/Pilot (kinda guessing)
Jiljoo - Weapons Expert/Sneak
?
I have this hacker/sniper Chiss that I would bring if we playin the extended universe...

Just to add to that list, @ChrisGabriel, Kameron is captain/pilot/blaster.

And yes, as @TheCorsair said, we’re playing semi-EU. The consensus was Rise and Fall of the Galactic Empire, so we’re just at the beginning of it. By all means, feel free to add your Chiss to the profiles! I’m sure we’ll figure out a way to get your character up to speed and have her join in.

I am also still interested. I could reply, but I was hoping someone else would before I did.

Back
Top Bottom