Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Calm Before the Storm OOC Chatter

breakingcounsel

Super-Earth
Making this so that we can move our chatter/planning/other OOC shenanigans here.

Current topic: the Lucky Hand’s first mission.

I don't mind dwelling on the crew forming for a few posts at least so maybe we don't need a mission right away but soon. I can start whenever Soran is ready since my first encounter would be with him.

On the discussion of a DM, being that this is a group, not a system RP, I don't think we need to put a lot of emphasis on a DM other than helping to move the story along. I'm hoping that playing the Captain, that will be kind of natural for Soran. I feel we have a lot of talented writers so really he should be able to count on us as needed to play some NPCs who will confront/help/attack our little band of mercs as needed. Not to mention a lot of intra crew fun and games.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lea! I just hope that I’ll be able to live up to that.

And yes, from what I’m seeing, everyone here is extremely talented. So let’s make this the best we possibly can.

I’ll see if I can have the main thread up tonight. If not, I’ll whip something up in the morning tomorrow.

Lea brings up a great point. As long as we aren't stagnant. And yeah, I think some time to socialize would be a good thing. Space trips can take a LONG time after all, so as long as we KNOW what the first job is gonna be, we don't need to start it.

OKay, both of my characters are up. Still not sure who recruited Alythra to join, but she serves as a cover for the crew's illegal operations.

xanaphia said:
OKay, both of my characters are up. Still not sure who recruited Alythra to join, but she serves as a cover for the crew's illegal operations.

It's a tough one. Best thing I can think of is she was working for a corrupt politician, got involved in a scandal and it was either get ready for a fight or make a deal with a ship captain?

kckolbe said:
xanaphia said:

It's a tough one. Best thing I can think of is she was working for a corrupt politician, got involved in a scandal and it was either get ready for a fight or make a deal with a ship captain?

"Sex Scandal? How can sex be a scandal?"

If you like I have a scene in mind where I could draw in Alythra and an unsuspecting droid technician. It would play upon Alythra having a certain interest in reconnecting with Jiljoo and Larasen putting aside whatever loyalties he might have for a chance at sex with two lovely near humans. It would take place in and around a market type setting so perhaps some ideas as to where Larasen might be doing his thing with droids. Perhaps a used droid shop? Let me know if you want to play along or have other ideas. I don't want to conform your characters to something that doesn't work for you. I can write it tonight if the main story line is up.

My character is up.

As for how he gets involved, I’m thinking he and Jiljoo could have worked together in the past on some sort of elaborate heist (her bio reads like she’s got the skills for that). Possibly they were lovers as well, but if so I suggest that it was the kind of relationship where they argued a whole lot and then had hot, hard make-up sex. Sev can be an arrogant ass, after all.

Lea, is this something you are proposing as a way of getting Larason on the crew? If so, I think I've worked out something simpler with him having him been on xanaphia's crew pre accident. I would rather hold off on breaking chars of political positions for a while because I think that kills some interaction. Also, this is just me, but I would rather Larason be brought around by a series of intimate conversations with lovely women rather than "selling out for sex."

kckolbe said:
Lea, is this something you are proposing as a way of getting Larason on the crew? If so, I think I've worked out something simpler with him having him been on xanaphia's crew pre accident. I would rather hold off on breaking chars of political positions for a while because I think that kills some interaction. Also, this is just me, but I would rather Larason be brought around by a series of intimate conversations with lovely women rather than "selling out for sex."

KC, simpler is usually better so I understand. I wasn't thinking so much selling out than just not turning her in, and more of a flirtation than quid pro quo. But your plan does sound much more straight forward.

TheCorsair said:
My character is up.

As for how he gets involved, I’m thinking he and Jiljoo could have worked together in the past on some sort of elaborate heist (her bio reads like she’s got the skills for that). Possibly they were lovers as well, but if so I suggest that it was the kind of relationship where they argued a whole lot and then had hot, hard make-up sex. Sev can be an arrogant ass, after all.

I'll think on that, I don't see her as having a lot of experience at her age but might be willing to age her up a bit. I do love hot, hard make up sex!

I am definitely okay with having Larason relax his dedication to the law to stay in the good graces of a sexy woman or two, so no issue there. As far as age, I kinda like the variety of ages we have, as I picture both of xanaphia's chars as older than Jiljoo.

That sounds like exactly the sort of problem solving Alythra is a big fan of.

Okay, so let's look at our group now that things are finished.

We have 2 players who can pilot, 3 sexy ladies, one of whom is semi-famous and another who is a trained diplomat. We have a charming (for short durations) close combat fighter and a tech guy. I am thinking the first job should involve a swoop bike (or landspeeders, maybe). Whether it be stealing plans for one, or a part, or attempting to find proof of cheating, or getting to someone who spends all his time in a VIP box at swoop races, I think that this group is best set up for something like that.

We have name recognition, multiple rogue-like chars, someone to mess with security systems, and folks who can help distract living security. Thoughts?

I'm up for anything within reason though I don't really feel like I KNOW any of these characters yet. Hell I hardly have Jiljoo figured out. She will do whatever Kameron asks of her of course!

So do we skip the coming together scenes to jump into a mission?

Oh, I am ALL for having time to have them talk (and maybe other things ~grin~) before the mission, but I felt like it would be a good idea to decide what the mission WOULD be first, because obviously that would occasionally come up in conversation.

I like that idea, mostly because I am a fan of plots that needle at my characters issues and weaknesses.

So sorry, all. I was slammed with work today, so I wasn’t able to put up the IC thread. Now that I’m home, i should have a minute or two to put something together.

Thank you, KC, for coming up with a mission! And Lea, we could mix the mission and the coming together, well, together to speed things up a little, if that’s ok with everyone else.

I don't think we need to speed things up at all, personally. I just wanted to start getting the mission defined both so we could refine it OOC and so chars could talk about it IC

@Soran, no worries, I'm really glad you are willing to get it set up and that you stuck with it. I'm looking forward to getting started.

To be perfectly honest, there was a little there where I wasn’t so sure this was ever going to get off the ground. Not even Leia getting out and pushing would have helped if it wasn’t for the rest of you guys.

I am assuming we are in space, a shakedown cruise of sorts before we get the rest of the crew? Do we have a destination or just a hop out and back to Coruscant?

Shakedown cruise for sure. Just a quick jaunt around the system, then back to the planet for the actual mission planning.

Back
Top Bottom