Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[DnD 5e homebrew] Ixalan Coast

east

Supernova
The waves are finally starting to settle, and along with it the crew. A lone Schoomer acting as Ferry glides along the waves and through the dense fog. Heading towards Durahs Landing one of the largest ports still open to the public, and not controlled by the queens legion.

Heading out from your homeland islands you are headed towards the largest land mass in your known world. The 'mainland' of Ixalan, a wild, and still untamed land, home of pirates, Merfolk, dinosaurs and bountiful riches.

Below the deck and in the galley the boat is finally starting to settle along with the crew's stomach, and food is being prepped along the galley. It's the first chance anyone has had to take a walk outside of their quarters on account of the storm the ship was forced into.

So this is a small idea i had ever since I started drafting Ixalan magic the gathering. I'm one of the wierd people who used to read the books that would come out with some of the older sets, and Ixalan brought forth a lot more vibrant art and cards, and it was one where I wanted a book, but instead only got a quick short story with Jace at the center.

So I said 'fuck it' if they don't want a story why don't I just turn the cards into a home brew dnd game, and with some help from a friend I got some of my stuff in order to put this together.

I'm looking for about 4-6 players at the table. I'm a new DM, but not a new player, and I think I will be very approachable for this.

Originally I was gonna homebrew the races for the game, but I decided not too, I will be accepting pretty much anything out of the fifth edition core books as long as you run it past me when it comes to characters.

For character creation I'm going with the tried and true, 4d6 subtract lowest.

so to be clear, we can still put our sheets up... because I am finally done

If people can get their sheet and backstory up by 9pm pacific time than you can play, otherwise i'm closing recruitment.

I was under the impression that we were all on the same ship at the moment. Otherwise we wouldn't be together. How we got here is our own story though.

As for the peril, my city was burned to the ground by the queen's legion. In a moment of clarity, my character was given a task: go, but lay low. So she went and is now on the boat with everyone else.

As for the inspiration, i see no reason why the mechanic needs to be altered. I have always viewed inspiration as a moment of awesomeness performed by a character with impeccable timing. Who's to say that the moment doesn't have to do with sex? It wouldn't last an entire sex scene, butt i could see it granting a character exactly the right amount of charm to get the scene started.

It would work just fine as it already does - it was just some random idea that I thought I might throw about.

I'm going to vote that inspiration can be used as normal.

Inspiration is inspiration. If one gets it by a Bard's song, or a heroic of a Paladin, it can also happen because one's sexual prowess. :)

If the people and monster are easy to distract or awe, maybe even make friends or leave us alone by using sex, then ... we do not have to kill and maim them.

But there are creatures when I will be going for blood, and not the other kind of life giving fluid....

Okay i think the crowd has spoken than on the terms of inspiration it will stay as it normally does.

Next up, small announcement. Illeven, if you are reading this, you have lost your seat, it is past the final deadline, and you never submitted your character image or backstory.

That said we still have a full table of seven, which is a lot more than i am used too so I ask you all be a little patient this is my first time dming a homebrew, before this I've only ever worked from moduels.

Thank you to both Garrison and ChrisGabriel as they were able to create their characters, backstories and post them during the last day on the clock, that is very meaningful.

I am going to make my second post to the actual game thread, for the three that have already posted, from here on out you should all be posting in the game thread once a week.

When we go into combat and you all roll initiate we will be sticking to a post order, i do not want to have to hunt down each of you, and I also don't want to have to wait a full week for each person, so when it is your turn in combat you have 2 days to make a post that is 48 hours if you haven't by that time then your move is considered held and we pass to the next person does that sound fair to everyone?

since combat posts can be rather short... once it starts, perhaps once a day unless specified?

Once a day also put's a lot of expectations on me, combat involves a lot more micromanaging on the part of the dm, 48 hours is good.

actually garrison and others i'm gonna post in the morning if anyone else wants to post before than i will work it into my replies.

https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=87716

Also this is a thing I should have done a while ago.

By the way, east, I don't know when you class as "morning", as there are people from around the globe. It could be anything from 8-24 hours, depending whether you posted the evening before, or in the morning and intend to post the next morning.

Might be worth keeping in mind.
Sorry if I seem overbearing, I just write what comes out of my head.

Lets synchronize our watches then.

I am at GMT +1, meaning in Europe, so while you should see your own time when I posted this, it is 17:50, or 5:50 PM here.

I am west coast pacific time, this post was made at 9:03 am for me.

For time sensitive information I generally will put it is currently 22:03 where I am at I will be doing xyz by 9:00 That way people can figure out when something will happen on a forum where everyone is at different times.

US Central here, and it is 12:09 midnight as a I make this post.

Sorry I hadn't done an in character post yet. I was hoping East would explain about the NPC refugees on the boat.

I'll try and post without that knowlege so that I don't fall further behind.

Hey Tenshi i believe this has been explained a few times actually, both by me and fellow rpers. Vampire legionaries are putting towns to torches across the islands which forces people toward the mainland, we also have someone who killed a noble (probably some commanding officer or another of equal value)

nope we are closed off at 7,

also reminder to players who haven't posted your place will be skipped tomorrow november 15th, at 12 pacific time. I believe I am being fair here you have had a week.

Back
Top Bottom