Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[DnD 5e] Homebrew high fantasy fun in Etindra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Governor Matisse nodded in agreement when Dalren, Heather and Roland spoke. He calls for Lisse, who is the same woman who brought the adventurers in and requests that she work in conjunction with Dalren's people. There is much to be done and he expects they will be busy for several days.

[The persons that Dalren instructs to help leave with the woman. I know this includes Gareth, but i was unsure who else was still walking with Dalren]

The governor scoffs at the notion that these trolls are anything more than mindless brutes. He waves away the concerns of Marius and Rini. But he does answer the questions set before him. "Sir Dalren, it would honor me if any of my citizens were found to be worthy enough to study at your institution. We have not yet built a place of higher learning here, and so few of the promising ones are accepted into the school in the capital. Whatever you need from my estate or the storehouse, don't hesitate to ask. You are right. The people cannot suffer any longer.

As for your questions, Sir Roland and Lady Heather, i must refer you to my elite scout and Forward General. Hazelthyst has those answers.

Marius, is it? While I'm certain you've dealt with your fair share of monsters, believe me when i say that i know trolls. They aren't mindless but they are stupid. The ones that don't scatter we will kill. The ones that do will be branded war criminals and conspirators under the Fey Treaty. They will pay for what they have done to my citizens. I wouldn't worry too much about another leader like Ungrak though. He's one of a kind. Now, Hazelthyst will fill you in on the finer details. "
Elim waved an open palm towards the blue- haired gnome.

From her seat, Haze nodded and pulled out a hand drawn map roughly covering three acres of land. "The trolls took over an operational farmhouse, here. There are two large barns, a house, four silos and six or seven outbuildings. The property has a strategic advantage because it is on a hillside overlooking the river valley. I would estimate about a 30ft elevation difference, which gives the trolls a clear view of everything that happens in the valley for miles. Our best bet would be to cross both rivers and attack the farm from the forests surrounding the Trollfen River. We'd be attacking from the north, strategically placed behind the farm and out of view of the valley below. We would share the high ground. But this plan requires stealth and survival skills, plus a fair amount of luck. We know the routes of three of the troll scouts, but we have had very little luck pinpointing what scouts they have in the forest. Our best guess is at least three more..

We did have one audience with Ungrak, weeks ago. He insisted that the people in this area were thieves and liars. He demanded payment and relocation of all people's living between the rivers. When we asked for a reason or an explanation, he flung boulders at us and ordered his men to attack. My units barely made it out alive. I don't know why they are doing this but they feel justified and they will follow Ungrak's lead untik his death, and maybe even after."

Haze let the information sink in before continuing. "So, due to the unknown elements in this strike, i recommend neutralizing the scouts first and moving into a more advantageous position before charging the farm."

Governor Matisse listened with steepled fingertips until Haze finished. "I know what you recommend but we haven't the time for that. This must end quickly. It has already lasted too long!" The governor banged his fist against the table as spat the final sentence, seemingly outraged. After a moment of awkward silence, he straightened his clothes and looked about the room. He appeared suddenly quite weary.

[You all notice this sudden attitude shift and weariness in the governor]

"Sounds like Ungrak could become a martyr if we kill him." Marius said after Haze had laid out all of her scouts information. He was surprised to hear that the gnome was a general in rank. It did put her on a higher level than most women, and even some men. Still after hearing all of the information it left him with a feeling of unease. He was in a word unconvinced. The sudden shift in anger towards Haze, had Marius actually stepping up towards the governor. Marius was not the type to back down just because someone was of a higher class.

Marius brushed his hand along his jawline, Tilting his head slightly so that he could study the map. He wasn't really at all sure what everything on it meant, but if the idea was to scatter the enemy then killing the advanced scouts would probably be for the best, it was a considerable effort to kill even one troll, let alone a dozen or so.

"Do we know how many trolls Ungrak has at his command?" His attention more on Haze then the governor.

"Sorry to say Govenor but the general is right in her approach. If the five of us try to take on an entire war-band or get caught when we sneak into that farm, we will most certainly die. If we can take out a few of their scouts, we lower their numbers, each troll that falls is one we don't have to deal with later."

"Honestly we should just set the entire farmland ablaze if we really wanted to scatter them. then at least we could force them to relocate to an area that would be of our choosing and we wouldn't have to worry about being stuck inside a troll den."

OOC: All three go they are not suited for a war council.

Lord Matisse is quite right this has gone on quite long enough.

If I may general the farmhouse is on a cliff with a 30-foot drop or simply a slope I would like more topographical information. Perhaps it would be best for us to discuss this elsewhere the Govoner is obviously quite busy dealing admirably with an unprecedented number of refugees and we would not want to tax what little free time he can wrest from his schedule.

Dalren gets up to leave his eyes flashing a warning once his face is away from the Governor.

Heather nods. "As nice as operation scorched earth is, we need to get into a position where scorched earth is possible, and unlikely to start burning down nearby pockets of probable refugees. At that point we may as well attempt to kill their leader."

"If we could fly, things would be different, but as far as I'm aware none of us can."

Roland found himself nodding along with the others as they spoke up. "While I would love nothing more than to charge up to Ungrak and slay him, he will no doubt not be alone. Other trolls, perhaps a few mercenaries who've signed on with him to enjoy the carriage he inflicts..." He paused for a moment as he considered the options. "Though if I see the beast before me I won't hesitate to cut him down, we still need to find him first. In the meantime any damage we can do to the hoard itself will reduce his ability to harm the people living here."

Xelia had been lost in her own world, dreaming of the time she would be off patrol and back to her lodgings for a nice soak or perhaps out on the town for some brief entertainment. Not that her "exciting" stint on patrol was her fault, she knew the consequences of playing a prank on the new rookies would be harsh, and her superiors knew the best punishment for the chaotic silver butterfly was to lock her in place for an extended amount of time.

She stretched her arms high to remove any latent stiffness that would begin setting in, "Mhmmmmm... If they need something shiny to stand around all day they can just build a damned statue..." She continued to pout and fume to herself before she spotted a familiar tuft of silvery hair. Recognizing it as Haze's she felt a smile creep onto her face. She wasn't much for prayer but she thanked whatever divine might be watching for the chance to leave her post, after all she hadn't seen her superior in so long this was just the "odd occurrence" she needed to excuse herself.

And that she did, following slowly and with a gleeful skip in her step as a cat would stalk a mouse. She doubted that the much more experianced prey she was chasing however did not take notice of her pressance. When they arrived at the Governers mansion however that is where her game ended. Dropping any pretance of sublty and invited her way inside by claiming to have information pretaining to the current problem.

Of course she didn't, there was no way she could have. She was just banking on the fact that seeing the diminutive defender enter the goveners mansion weant there was trouble. Soon she found herself outside the doors the others had entered.

Well....now what.

The second she entered she would have reached the end and have nothing left, the plan in her head never had a goal in the first place as most did. "Maybe I just shout Surprise real loud or something." Thinking of things to much always confused her more, so she merely grasped the handle and opened the doors determined to simply go with whatever flow she had gotten herself into.

Governor Matisse scowled at each person seated about the table. He clutched his right hand to his forehead and shut his eyes. "You are right, Sir Dalren. I will retire to my chambers. My General is of better use to you than I am." He stood, leaning heavily on the table with both palms and slowly straightened into an upright posture. His left hand grasped for the nearby cane. "AMELIA!" Another young woman flung open the door, but the governor didn't move toward this one.

"You're not Amelia. Who are you? Wait.. I know you. You're that guard. Xelia? Yes, that's it." He eyed Xelia's shimmering scales and armor. "Well, come on then. The strategy meeting is just getting started. I'm guessing you're all that Captain Lucio could spare."

Moments later, a young woman enters the doorway. She casts a curious glance towards Xelia, but says nothing to the dragonkin. Unlike all the others they have seen, this woman is armed heavily and wears some kind of leather armor over her white dress. She nods cordially to the room before taking an arm of the governor and placing it over her shoulders. "You've done it again. I told you, how many times now? Don't overwork yourself. Come on then, I'll get you to bed."

The governor groaned as he took his first step with assistance. After several more he was out the door and headed down the hallway, with Amelia's help.

Haze said nothing to the ailing man as he left. His temperament had only gotten worse in the few weeks that she'd known him. The cause was a mystery, and that troubled her, but it seemed to do more than trouble the governor. She had never seen him this weak before.

The commotion with Xelia's arrival brought a smile to Haze's downcast visage and she motioned for the dragonkin to join them. She had expected more volunteers from the guard, but one was better than none. Her scouting teams were already out there, so this little group were all the extra help they were getting.

"The farmland is situated atop a hill, with a gentle slope of about 30 ft down to the valley below, but the valley continues that slope for almost a mile. The apex of the hill gives you a perfect view of the entire surrounding valley, and the hill backs into a forest. It is extremely defensible, Dalren. And setting the farmlands ablaze isn't a bad idea, Marius, but Heather is right. We have to consider the price of those actions. We're liable to burn the forest down and kill innocent bystanders along the way. Flight would be nice for the initial surprise, but I'm not a fan of aerial combat. My scouts haven't been able to acsertain a number but-"

A knock on the open door made Haze pause. Another woman clad in white entered the room and handed a folded note to Haze, then bowed and left. Haze flipped it open and quickly skimmed the contents.

"Praise Lliira! It looks like Ungrak only has one other troll in his encampment. I've just gotten a report from Alpha team, and they have spotted 2 ogres and half a dozen orcs along with several scouting dogs. But they have only seen Ungrak and one other troll. The two trolls patrolling the woods have been taken down, so the way is clear." Her smile seemed revitalized somehow as she looked at the group around the table. "We can do this. We'll go in from the forest and around the hill. We'll have to take out those dogs somehow so we're not noticed, but if we do that, we can draw out the curious enemies and pull them away from the rest. Hopefully, we'll end up with only two trolls to slay. And If we're lucky, they'll keep separate watches so they can be killed one at a time."

Dalren, you notice one of the rings on the Governor's right hand shining a bit too brightly before he exits.

You all notice how suddenly exhausted and aged the governor appears as he leaves the room.

Xelia,you know the governor has been getting worse since you came to this town. He is always kind to the citizens but these days he hardly comes outside anymore and his gates are almost always closed. Since you have been in town, he has had a standing offer to take in any women or children who need assistance and work. They simply ask for him by name at the guard house and they are taken inside. The next time anyone sees them, they are employed under him and they do not leave the mansion grounds. They all seem happy to have work and for the chance to lift themselves out of the growing squalor of the city. He does employ the men as well, but not in his mansion. They are sent to the construction office and given jobs usually digging holes, either for city expansion or for the ever-growing mass graves on the outsirkts of town.

Heather for her part was obviously distracted by the young pretty woman that attempted to help the governor. Damn, he had a lot of pretty girls working for him, would make it a treat to work for him, if she was able to ogle all the cute chicks.

Heather smiles at Haze, "I have an idea, I could attempt to put the dogs into a magical slumber. It's this really neat technique that actually works on frailer creatures first, so I don't even need to worry about the orcs, it should target the dogs first, like an orc's not going to be tougher then a dog." She remarks.

"You see the technique works by first lulling the victim into a false sense of serenity...." Heather starts.

Marius watched as the governor left looking fatigued, which was fine. He honestly didn't care, and then they got a new member of their team, and something else of equal and complete curiosity happened, a report which left them with the information that there were now only two trolls in the enemy encampment, and a layout of how many men they could have.

Of course with that information time was of the essence however, it was the late afternoon at this point in the day. They had wasted so much of the day just waiting for this audience and now that they had run through it the sun and the remaining time of the day would be against them. Dogs had better night vision, and the sense of smell. If they left now, they would most likely arrive during the night and have to contend with the fact that the majority of those creatures all had dark vision while he could fair well in the dark, he doubted many of the others in their group could.

Of course Heather's plan of using a magically induced sleep on the dogs made sense, he liked it in all honesty. "How long does your spell last for?"

"I suggest we gather ourselves. I know that this intell is critical, and that the sooner we hit the road the better our chances of catching them before they can reinforce their boarders, but at the same time if we travel at night we will be at a disadvantage."

"At worse we arrive after a heavy march, in the dark of night half blind, and tired for a fight. At best we end up having to sleep out in the woods where we have to spend our time working in shifts to make sure that we aren't beset upon."

"Why not stay in town for the night, move out in the morning. We can spend the afternoon prepping a plan of attack, and gathering supply's. In the night we can.." He glanced over too haze his eyes traveling over the gnome with lust and wanton desire. "rest in a bed making sure that all get a full nights sleep, and in the morning we can head out fed, armored and ready for the battle to come."

"If they are already entrenched in this farmland it is unlikely that they will advance, especially with the war party down to only two trolls, that's a significant defeat for this group. We have a chance to eradicate them."

If and only if they managed to completely eradicate this war band than they had the chance to make sure that there would be no martyr, but that would involve the destruction of every man woman and child in the camp if they had any. It was not a pleasant task they were being handed in that regard, but it was something he could do.

"For now I suggest we fall back from this grumps manor, and find more appealing place to set our machinations, if we choose to go out today then we will need to do so with haste, though if we do stay the night here... Haze my dear, I know you are an outsider, so I have a personal room at the Verdant Leaf." He walked towards the exit of the manner's main room, his tail and hips swaying for a moment as he made his exit he glanced back. "I'd be happy to share it with you."

Chett offered us accommodations but first Marius and Haze we have some unfinished business to attend. I do agree we should not set out until the morning which gives us plenty of time to find those children who stole from us. Also how sure are we that these are normal dogs? It would be unwise to assume that these are normal creatures and not some fae variety unless your agents are very good.... I want a new spyglass and we need to leave here. Haze do you suggest The Copper Shop or Bertha's for the best quality per copper?

Dalren gets up and heads for the exit he seems deep in thought as he travels his eyes however never stop taking in his surroundings.

Aradis your familiar.... Would you be willing to use it to track down those theives from earlier and perhaps to scout the area when we are tracking trolls?

Xelia moved quickly aside as she caught the glint from the corner of her eye, shiny things were always attractive to her what with her dragon-kin blood and all. Ignoring the bauble for now she joined the others at the table. The letter to Haze had been timed perfectly as she had no clue of what they had been talking about before having arrived on a whim more then an order. She surveyed the group taking note of the various makeup of her new "comrades" as one of them spoke up.

She nodded in agreement with the brunette, "I'd much rather not harm anything we don't need to, but I do agree with a rest before leaving." She regarding the other human in the room, the tall man who had been near the door when she had entered. The way he carried himself seemed to almost imply he was of high authority, at least in the group, perhaps he was this merry bands conductor. The others seemed less likely at the moment, especially given the way he seemed to speak to the others.

"I should probably go with you to search for those 'thieves' of yours. As someone more familiar with the local populace I might be able to know of whom you're seeking." Also if it truly was a group of children who stole from them she would feel better being present. She didn't think they were bad people but she was more worried about the lack tact and seriousness in the human's words. Standing form the table she gave a curt salute to Haze and smirked slightly as she went to join the others forming the search party.

Roland looked up in concern as the governor struggled to stand, calling in an attractive young woman to assist him in doing so. As the two stepped out he muttered a quick prayer under his breath, asking that the gods give him the strength to carry on despite the troubles he was facing.

He looked on curiously as a letter was handed to Haze, smiling widely as she revealed it's contents. "Then we have an advantage over the trolls, if only a small one! To have reduced the number of trolls in his camp, this Ungrak must be very certain that he is safe!" Roland's smile showed a great many teeth before he spoke again. "I look forward to proving him wrong."

The young noble turned to face Marius, a considering look on his face. "I'm not opposed to the idea of waiting until morning," he allowed, "But we should be careful about waiting for too long. Who knows whether the good General's information will still be any good if we put off our assault."

"I for one agree with waiting till the morning." Heather remarks. "Unless it's really close to a full moon at the dogs are in an area with alot of light. Well the orcs are unlikely to carry torches, so I'm unlikely to be able to target them well." She points out.

Haze considered everyone's opinions before making a decision. "Well.. it's already afternoon. It will take about 3 hours to reach the farm, assuming we can traverse the terrain quickly and don't run into any problems. Longer, if you aren't used to crossing rough country on foot. There are some footpaths and trails, but not the whole way. I know a thing or two about tracking and covering our tracks. It's what I do. Even with delays, I can get us there in 4 hours. No offense, but I doubt many of you have ever roughed it in the wild before." A wry grin spread across her features as she spoke. Clearly there was a fondness in her tone when she spoke about the wilderness. When her gaze fell upon the table, she noticed Aradis. He seemed bewildered, eyes glazed over and staring at some shiny object across the room. His owl perched motionless on his shoulders.

"Aradis? Are you alright?" she asked, but instead of an answer, he drooled just drooled a little. Haze stood from the table, pushing her chair back in alarm. "Aradis! Aradis?" She circled the table with uncommon speed for a gnome and shook her fellow man. Aradis barely acknowledged her before flopping against Haze's sturdy bosom and murmuring something about a pillow.

Haze flushed as the male gnome nuzzled into her breasts, then lifted him off and set him mostly upright in his chair. "Well, it seems that one of us is in need of a nap? I guess? Umm.." Haze looked to the open door, hoping to see a maid or someone peering though, but the doorway remained vacant.

"Ok so.. I agree with most of you. We should stay the night and head out at first light so we aren't at a sight disadvantage. I know there is little lodging in town, but I'm sure something can be arranged. Didn't the gate guard say something about his kitchen floor?" Haze chuckled at that last statement. She really had no intention of sleeping on a kitchen floor, and she knew there were likely no rooms available at either of the inns. The last few weeks, she'd mostly been camping outside of town. The few nights that she'd taken shelter indoors, it had been at the governor's insistence and she had stayed in this very mansion. But with his hasty exit, she hadn't the chance to ask, nor had the governor the chance to offer.

But Marius did. And while Haze was not immune to his charms, she was confident in her own strength to resist whatever he had in mind for the evening. The others though, she had nothing to offer them. But she could answer their questions.

"Well, I don't know where we're all sleeping tonight, but I can at least give you some answers. Heather, your sleep spell will work great against the dogs. I know there were at least eight trolls in that encampment, and if the two on patrol were killed, I don't know where the others went. Perhaps they were sent away in a moment of arrogance, or perhaps they had another task to complete. Either way, I hope it means luck is with is in the morning. Dalren, yes, Bertha's would be the place for almost all the things we'll need. We can stop by after this if you want. Unfortunately, i spend most of my time out there in tracking or in here, meeting with Elim, so I know little about the groups and gangs that run this town. But, Marius you're local right? Are you able to help at all?"

Marius, you are familiar with these thieves. You know the girl's circles and haunts. You can lead them there if you want to.

Xelia, you may have had a run in with these thieves before, but you have likely not tracked them. However you should recognize the ring leader when you see her.

Dalren, you can buy anything in the PHB at Bertha's shop, as well as most mundane items in the other books.

Chett will take you all in, much to his wife's dismay. He has enough sleeping bags and blankets and pillows to take everyone in, but it will be cramped. It may be possible to bribe, persuade or seduce the maids to let you use empty rooms in the mansion. It is also possible to do the same to get rooms at the Verdant Leaf the same way. You can also try The Guild Embassies (if you are a guild member). Mara and Miley do have permanent rooms at the Verdant Leaf as well, and would be more than happy to share their sleeping accommodations with one or two of you as well, though very little sleep will likely be had with those two.

"I have already said that I have zero intentions of helping you if your goal is simply to attack a den of thieves that caters to helping small children. Though they may live outside the law they deserve their freedom and their respect, the children stole nothing of real value or items, so I see no need to hunt them down."

Marius could hardily hold back the eyeroll at the suggestion of trying to catch the thieves. He knew the group, and their haunts, but since they were a group of children he really had nothing to say about it. Having been a street rat himself he knew better than to go about looking for them, and besides from the way that Haze had deflected him he had more important prey to hunt.

like for instance the other gnome that had chosen to motorboat his prey. Marius had to actually hold back a low growl, something in his blood boiling away at the sight of another man touching something that he wanted. his hand traced over one of the daggers at his side for a second, before simply deciding that they had enough of a battle coming up.

"I admit she has me pegged, I don't leave the city often. I usually conduct my business here, and here alone out of a force of habit. I've rarely traveled, but when I do I tend to prefer hotels and strong tents to... roughing it."

Marius was simply put not well trained in survival, and was pretty sure he would be clinging too the gnome general once she was in her element, but for now he was very much in his own.

"If you have an actual reason for wanting to seek out the thieves, than I can give you a list of a few places they may be, but I have some business to contend with before I make a trip. a handful of banker errands to be sure once they are concluded I can meet up with your group, and you of course all know where to find me."

Heather for her part will attempt to head back to the Verdant leaf unless stopped by Rini

"Hel... hello... I'm um.... looking for Miley!" She stuttered and piped up hopefully.

"While I wouldn't mind giving those thieves a talking to," Roland began, "Marius has a point. They didn't steal enough to really justify recklessly charging after them. Perhaps once we've taken care of Ungrak we can see about finding them less felonious work but until then they simply aren't a priority."

Seeing some of the others heading off he looked to Hazel. "I on the other had will be paying Mara a visit," the young man said, smiling at the thought. He made his way towards the door before looking back to them, "If you need me I'll be at the Verdant Leaf."

He walked at a leisurely pace towards the Leaf, keeping an eye out just in case any of the young pickpockets decided to try their luck once more (and kept his coin purse beneath his armor anyway). Eventually he ended up at the Leaf, only a bit behind Heather as they walked in the building.

Xelia's tail twitched as she listened to the group speak, trying to figure out from their words who was exactly in charge. She was sure that Haze could be but that was only in this matter, who orginally lead this ragtag group of misfits. Marius seemed to have some sway, but she wasn't sure if that was just his natural charisma shining through.

"Whether we go after them or not I would still be up for us at least finding them and warning them. Who knows, the next people they do this to might not be the most forgiving or stable." She leaned back against the nearest surface, knowing that her sleeping arrangements were already set with the city since she was still a member of the guard.

"I'm fine with leaving it as it is right now though and settling things when we get back from the mission. Tons of fun can be had afterwards anyways."

Dalren takes a moment to ensure his annoyance does not leak into his voice he meets Marius' eyes and speaks firmly but plainly.

Marius, Roland do try to keep up with the conversation. Did you not hear me ask the Governor and him agree that if I find any children with specialized skill sets worthy of my attention to send them off to school.

Some of those children were capable of hiding what they were doing from even me and that is no mean feat considering I got my titles mainly from abilities to spot ambushes, spies, and assassins. I intend to nurture their abilities they will make excellent infiltrators, spies, and assassins for the realm themselves when they get older. In the meantime, I intend to ship them off to my lands where they will have a stable roof over their head medical attention and decent food, not to mention away from this conflict and the dangers it presents. Improving their situation is exactly what I intend to do as I stated earlier I simply needed the ruling bodies approval otherwise it could cause a civil war between our lands.

Now stop being obstinant. You have your errands to run and I am going to the shop before they close. I ask when you are done with your business, you meet me there so we can find them and explain the situation. Since you know their habits it is better for you to do it than for me to give a list of places to the city guards for directions they tend to misunderstand why nobles want to track children who are known, thieves, just look at Xelia's tail this is how guards react to thieves in their city and I do not need that sort of trouble with children who simply will not trust me to begin with... You also will be able to aid in avoiding traps and pitfalls besides it will go much quicker with you along and poor Heather will not be able to sleep knowing that one girl could still be out there in danger she took quite the fancy to her earlier.

Though Xelia if you wished to help... Would you mind informing the guard captains of my intentions? A bunch of thieving children will be following us around if everything goes to plan and I want there to be people I can call on quickly to remove any issues that arise with local law enforcement I can assure you that with the Governor giving me permission I have every authority to do this under the crown if you want to see my papers that can be arranged, it would be a shame if guards got beheaded because they interfered with their majesties business.

Now like I said I am going to purchase a new spyglass and see what else they may have... Anyone wishing to join or need anything???? ... Hmm never mind that if I pass out then someone please catch me.

Dalren, begins to study Aradis trying to identify what is going with him regardless he suggests moving out of the mansion. If everything is fine with the gnome he then gets up and heads toward said shop.

13 arcana check to identify the magical effect he is under.

Roland raised a brow at Dalren's words, then sighed. "Out of curiosity," he began as he met the other noble's eyes, "What exactly is your plan for convincing these children to listen to you even if you are able to find them? I can't imagine that a group of children, already untrusting of authority figures after the issues in the area, will listen to a stranger who wants to send them to a place that they don't know anything about."

He sighed again, "But if you're truly dead-set on this course of action then I will give you what help I can. Though I hope that if any of these children refuse your offer you will respect their decision."

Eyes never leaving the Gnome as he checks him Dalren responds.

If they refuse I will accept that but at the same time, that will be difficult for me for this means I will not be able to aid them at all. I have full authority to grant them citizenship in my lands and as soon as I do I can pardon them for any crimes, in other words, they will start with a clean slate. Eventually, their lives will end horribly and either by the law or another criminal should they stay this course.

I can offer them stability and they in no way need to interact with me. If they are at all religious we can go to a temple and we can have my identity and status as a Cleric of Azuth and if there is anything they request of me to help them through this I can and will do it. It was not so long ago that I was in a similar position and I got lucky my knowledge of the area told me that there was something out of place and I saved someone from an assassin's arrow. I was given many more opportunities than I honestly deserved to better my position in life, trust me I did far far worse than those children could possibly imagine to get by and was still lifted to a better life..... Would you deny me the opportunity to attempt to pay the grace I was shown forward to them?

I will not know how to make them trust me when I see them or if I even can but I am going to try.

Xelia's tail twitched again, although this time at a more rapid pace as she listened to the continuing conversation. If Darlen was true to what he was speaking of then they shared the same goal in a way, although it seemed he would be able give them much more then she could.

Walking over to Dalen she gave a nod, "If what you're saying is true then I'll help you find them. Frankly I was a bit worried at first on what your intentions might have been, adventurer and vigilante are not a far cry from each other in my experience. More so when you add in pride or money to the mix."

I have more money than I need and not enough time for pride... However, you can help us find them but I require you make yourself scarce as soon as we get a good idea of their general location... No offense but I doubt walking in with a guard will help them trust me more... Though please use your contacts to check my credentials I want there to be no misunderstanding I am not a vigilante in the slightest I am sanctioned by the crown.

Roland met Dalren's eyes once more but eventually nodded his head. "Alright, I suppose if your resolve's that strong there's nothing I can say or do to make you change your mind. Just...be careful, alright? We don't need you getting injured before our mission."

The Verdant Leaf
Mara and Miley greeted Heather and Roland as they entered the tavern. The two businesswomen grinned ear to ear as they each hopped down from their barstools and grasped the hands of their respective clients.

"Roland! What perfect timing! I was just telling Old Davy here how much I hoped you'd return. I even suggested a nice large room for you to rent for the night.. or longer. Hehehe!" Mara winked at him and slid her hands up his chest. Her breasts pushed against his armor, showing off their exquisitely formed, bare tops as she craned on tip toe to kiss his cheek. "Don't worry, the previous renter vacated this afternoon so there's plenty of space now. So I guess the only question is... my place or yours?"

"Oh! Heather, how did I know it would be you? I was just telling my sister how adorable you were this afternoon." Miley was quick to wrap her arms around Heather's waist and pull the timid redhead in for a quick peck on the lips. She grinned at the girl's reaction and her fingers began lightly stroking Heather's back and backside. "Come with me, sweetie. I've been waiting for you. Everything is prepared for a romantic evening with just the two of us. Miley gave Heather's rump one last squeeze before grabbing her hands and leading her towards the stairs.

Once they had climbed to the second floor, Miley led them down the hallway and around a corner to another set of stairs. They ascended once more to a landing with a small seating area and three doors. Miley walked to the rightmost door and unlocked it, then held it open for Heather to enter.

The room inside contained little but it was all elaborately decorated. The welcoming scent of vanilla and spice wafted out to greet Heather as she crossed the threshold. The door opened to a chair to the immediate left, in the corner; a chest along the left wall; a vanity and nightstand against the far wall; and the bed against the right wall with the footboard facing the door.
Miley's bed boasted a wooden frame with sturdy posts, accessorized with two pairs of manacles. The mattress was covered over by a large grey, brown and cream colored fur blanket, and the pillows were of the softest cotton. There was a rug in the middle of the room that matched the color and texture of the blanket. The nightstand held the washbasin and clean towels. There was a chest against the opposite wall with intricately carved designs. A comfy pillowtop chair sat in the corner opposite the bed. A beautiful vanity with a mirror and stool shared the wall that the headboard and nightstand were on. The walls were decorated with paintings and small tapestries, and the vanity top was filled with sentimental knick-knacks.

"Welcome to my home." Miley shut the door behind her and enveloped Heather in her arms. Her lips sought out the shy girl's and they kissed, long and hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom