Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reunited (Skeith Takahata II & MessedupRp)

Skeith Takahata II

Lesbian Anarchist
"I'm going to miss you so much." The image in her mind of two children preparing to part surfaced again. It was a such a painful memory. Her friend was the first to be adopted, leaving her to wait at the orphanage a year longer. She was bitter for a while, as any child would be, but ultimately it was grief and sadness, not actual anger.

Alice Thorne stared out the window of the train as it brought her into town. She was nervous, and rightfully so. She hadn't seen her in person since they were children. Her hands curled nervously around one another as she felt her heart speeding up. She looked up at the sound of the announcement. "We will be arriving at Station Plaza in fifteen minutes." Fifteen minutes...

"I want you to write me every week, okay? Promise?" It was a promise that was mutually broken by time and distance. Eventually, she had simply lost her friend's address. Thank god for the internet, or they may have never found one another again. She would be seeing her in fifteen minutes, after almost fifteen years. She drew in a deep breath, brushing her dyed bangs from her face.

"Don't lose our picture!" She reached into her bag, pulling the worn old photograph. Not that she would recognize her friend now by the image. They were so young back then. She ran her fingers over the image, their last words to each other echoing in her mind. "I love you!" What she couldn't let her friend know was that fondness had mutated over the years, growing to become something different, something she was certain her friend would never understand.

As the train came to a stop, she rose to her feet. Her hands and legs were shaking as she picked up her suitcase. This was it. She was here. Trying to rebuild a friendship and starting college would be quite the adventure. With one last deep breath to calm herself, she stepped off the train, looking around for her oldest friend.

Calling Cat nervous was an understatement. She was seeing her best friend after fifteen years apart, fifteen years she had to wait and now the Tran had to keep delaying it's arrival. She clutched her homemade sign a little tighter, bright colors on a piece of poster board. "Welcome back Alice!"

She certainly didn't want Alice missing her, fifteen years a was a long time without seeing someone. She had gone all out with the sign. Balloons floated merrily off the top, the colors all bright and vibrant. It took most of Cat's self control to not hop up and down as the train drew in. She beamed as it opened and patiently waited for the reunion she had been looking forward to for fifteen years.

Alice stood at the station, holding her bag. She was looking around in the crowd for any sign of her friend which was when she eyed the array of balloons. She gave a small chuckle and started walking that way. She saw the colorful sign welcoming her home and smiled widely. She was truly astonished as her eyes fell on her friend. She could see hints of the small girl she used to be, but to call her small would do the effort she clearly put in a disservice! She wasn't expecting her friend to be so fit.

"Cat!" She called out with a wave. Did she still like to be called, Cat? She sure hoped so. She jogged over to her, grinning as she threw her arms around the girl's neck, ignoring the sign between them. "Oh my God, look at you!" She nearly shouted in her joy as she stepped back. "You look amazing! I've missed you so much!"

Cat still referred to herself as such, but she wasn't worried about that as she pulls her friend into a hug. "Oh it's so amazing to see you again Alice! You look wonderful! I love your hair!" She was smiling from ear to ear. After fifteen years and she already felt warm and welcome with her oldest friend.

Cat had taken their separation fairly hard. That old photo still stuffed into her pocket. Part of her was expecting that little girl in the picture to walk off the train, but she felt something different at the sight of Alice again. Something she couldn't really put a finger on. Bit she brushed it aside for now, probably just nostalgia and excitement.

She stood back for a second, looking Alice over before she smiled again, "well we should probably get going. I don't think a train platform is the best place to have our reunion." She smiled again. "I just can't get over it... You look great Alice, you really do.

Alice toyed with some of her blue hair when it was mentioned, smiling brightly. "You think so? I try to mix it up every once in a while. I'd never done blue til about a week ago." She couldn't help but mimic Cat's actions, taking a second to really drink in how much her friend had changed. "I look great!? Look who's talking!" She chuckled as she poked one of her friend's arms, feeling the tense muscle.

She collected her suitcase from the ground, flipping her hair behind her head. "I suppose you're right. Did you drive or do we need to take a bus to campus?" She suddenly brightened up. "Have you seen the campus yet? How about the room? What's it like? I haven't seen anything yet!"

Cat smiled, "it's nice. I'm.glad we signed up to room together, that will be lots of fun to get to catch up again. The campus is a little farx so let.me.take some.of your bags and help you carry them." She took one of Alice's bags and walked with her out toward the entrance to the train station. "So what have you been up to, what's been going on?"

Alice was a little surprised when Cat took one of her bags for her. She smiled soon after. "I appreciate it!" She walked along side her, relieved to be carrying less weight. "Jeez, how to I catch you up on fifteen years!?" She chuckled to herself, shaking her head. "Well, you know I got adopted about a year after you did. Then they took me to another state. Life out there was pretty rough, but some had it worse." She shrugged, biting her lip as she thought about what to say about the last few years. "Admittedly, highschool was hell. I'm pretty glad to be back home again for college." She ran her hand through her hair with an uneasy laugh to herself. "What about you? Anything interesting going on in your world? Any paramours?" She asked with a teasing smile.

Cat laughed with her friend, "it was okay. My adopted parents weren't around very much, they worked a lot. High school was definitely not fun but besides that, nothing really to report. I had a few but nothing really long term, mostly just for fun. How about you, anyone you've got in your life right now?" Cat cast a sidelong glance at her friend, she looked insanely attractive with her hair like that. The color complemented her very well and Cat was very quick to notice.

Alice laughed out loud when Cat asked if she had anyone at the moment. "Me? Ha! Not a chance." She shook her head as she refused the idea. "I tried dating a bit in highschool but, like I said, Highschool was hell. Romance was too." She bit her lip as she thought about how comfortable she was really talking about it. Maybe when they were in private. "So, you never said whether we were taking a car or anything. Are we walking to the campus?"

Cat nodded, "yeah, it's not too long. It will just be a short walk there" she looked away, part of her was a little sad that Alice had seemingly no desire for any sort of a relationship. She looked insanely cute with her blue hair and her shorts riding up just right. Fifteen years and she seemed like a completely different person.

Alice nodded as they continued on their way. "A walk sounds fine to me, anyway. I've been on that train for hours! I need to stretch my legs." She looked around the town as they walked. She hadn't seen this city since she was a child. So much had changed. "Wow... It's like a totally different place now." She looked back over at Cat, her lips spreading in a soft smile. "We should do something to celebrate after we get settled in! Like hit the bar or a club or something!"

Cat smiled and shook her head, "we haven't turned 21 yet Alice, they wouldn't let us in. Unless you had a fake ID or something." She laughed, making it clear she was only joking about that, there had been too many ocasions where people had thought she was serious about fake IDs. Instead she looked around here smiling a bit. "There are a lot of other places we could go to have some fun. Lot of restaurants, shops. Anything you see that looks good?"

"Well, that's too bad." Alice pouted some before shrugging. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Would be pretty silly to get in trouble on my first day back." She continued looking around town for some kind of idea. "I guess we could always eat out. That sounds like a pretty good time. Shopping could be fun too. I couldn't bring everything from home. So, I could stand to replace some things."

Cat smiled softly and nodded, turning down a different street. "We can do that first then. Let's just drop our stuff off at the dorm and then go out. Okay?" She smiled at Alice again and looked around at the stores.

Alice gave a nod in agreement as they walked. When they finally made it to the campus, she set her bag down for a second to stretch her arms. "Home sweet home, eh?" She asked, looking over at Cat. "So, where do we find the dorms? I can't wait to see where we're gonna be staying!" She was definitely excited about the idea of living with Cat for the school year. Harboring a hidden nervousness about just how attractive she found her oldest friend.

Cat turned down one of the streets and led Alice toward the quad. "Our dorm is in the quad so we have a nice view and a bit of quiet here." She took her into the building and walked her Up a few flights of stairs. "Most people aren't here yet. I got here early to figure out where to go and how to get there."

Alice followed after Cat towards the dorms. "A nice view and a bit of quiet sounds awesome." Alice liked to party, a detail of her life that she was sure her hair and fashion sense showed off. But she liked to be able to return home to peace and quiet. Unless she was particularly starved for attention she didn't want the party following her home. "I guess that makes sense, classes haven't started yet. I'm sure most people will move in at the last minute. I know if I wasn't meeting up with you, I would have." When the reached the dorm, Alice stepped out of Cat's way. Alice hadn't been issued a key yet, so she was still dependent on Cat to get in and out. She would be picking up her key and schedule the following day. "So, met any of our neighbors yet?" She asked curiously.

Cat shook her head as she unlocked the door. "No, I haven't gotten any chance to meet anyone yet. I'm not sure if our direct neighbors have moved in yet, but I'm sure that someone must have moved into this dorm already." She motioned Alice into the building and followed quickly after her. They went into the elevator and Cat pressed three. "So tell me what's been going on! What's your family like?" She smiled at Alice, her old friend had definitely grown up quite a bit. She was much more attractive than Cat remembered.

"Hmm?" She glanced over at her. "Oh, my adoptive parents are pretty cool, I guess. They're pretty busy too. But they've been patient and supportive of me, even when I didn't deserve it." She pocketed her hands as a sigh escaped her lips. "I dealt with a lot of repressed feelings and kept getting into trouble. Kind of my way of acting out, maybe begging for help or validation." She shrugged, looking down at her feet. "The few people I dated were trouble makers too. Much worse than me though. One was a drug addict, another was certifiably insane, the last one was involved in gang stuff and abusive." She looked up at the floor counter, waiting for the door to open. "So, after spending a little time in a juvenile corrections facility, I got my shit together and signed up for college. Figure I have to grow up sometime." She looked over at Cat, smiling faintly. "What about you?"

Cat didn't respond as she had already pulled Alice into a hug. "That sounds awful! I can't imagine what that must have been like for you" she held the hug for several seconds before returning to her bed, idly running her hands through the open bag but not really touching or moving anything. "Oh, you know... It was fine..."

She stopped speaking for a little while after that before turning around to Alice, "hey, how about we get something to eat... I'm really hungry." She smiled but her eyes were still a bit vacant.

Alice was a little surprised by the hug. It all felt so long ago now that it almost felt like different life. "Hey, hey. It's fine. I'm fine. It was a long time ago." She smiled softly as they held one another.

She watched her turn away, rummaging through her bag. Her gaze softened in concern at her dismissive answer. She wondered what she was hiding. "Yeah, food sounds great." She stood up, reaching for her. She linked arms with her leading the way back out the door. She would ask her later about what was bothering her. For now, they deserved a happy reunion.

Cat smiled at Alice as they linked arms, she was so beautiful now. They had exchanged letters and emails and texts for the past few months but that hadn't prepared her for just how attractive her friend was, no... she's your oldest friend, it's wrong to think like that she thought.

"So um Alice, where do you want to go?"

Alice started to lead the way back out of the building. At Carr's question, she hummed in consideration. "How about something simple. Like, I don't know. Burgers or something. Then we can get ice cream or something." She smiled brightly as they made it to the street. "My treat this time, okay? You can get the next one."

Cat smiled, "if you want to pay I won't stop you." She chuckled and walked with Alice into the city, they weren't very far from the busy streets and food was abundant. "I think that place Chino's is supposed to be good. Hoe about we go there?"

She looked around for the restaurant in question before finally spotting it on the corner. "Chino's it is!" She chuckled before pulling Cat along beside her. "Come oooon. I'm starving." As soon as they made it in she nearly skipped to the counter.

"Hey there! I'll have a number 5 and um... Then whatever she wants." She made way for Cat while looking for a booth.

Back
Top Bottom