Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reunited (Skeith Takahata II & MessedupRp)

Cat ordered a number 8 and went to follow Alice to the booth. She smiled at her friend, "I see you got over your dear of people, when did that happen?" When they were kids, Alive had been deadly afraid of meeting people or interacting with them in any real way. Something about seeing her trot right up to the counter and make an order brought a smile to Cat's face.

She looked over at her when she mentioned how cripplingly shy she used to be. "Ah. Well, I guess high school. In and out of trouble a lot, then of course a stint in Juvie. You learn to make friends pretty quick." She plopped down in her seat, leaning back with a happy sigh. She wasn't completely honest, of course. Truly that shyness had morphed into suspicion, trust issues, and confrontational behavior. She just happened to mask it well. "So, where to after this?"

Cat nodded slowly, she chuckled a bit. "They haven't even got our drinks yet and you're already planning on leaving? Relax a bit, we haven't seen each other in years. I want to spend some time with you."

Alice chuckled softly. "No, you're right. I'm sorry." She put her hands up in surrender. "I guess I'm just so excited that I'm restless." She gave a warm smile. "I really am very happy to be here with you again. I've missed you so much."

Cat smiled softly, "I'm glad to see you again. You've changed so much that it's a bit staggering... But I like it... The blue hair looks good on you." She giggled a bit and looked up at the drinks were brought over. "Oh. Thanks"

Cat took a sip of hers and set it aside, "so what arr you majoring in? I forgot to ask."

"I've changed so much? Look at you." She said with a warm smile. "I'm impressed by how much commitment you must have towards athleticism. I mean you. Are. Cut." She accepted the drink, mirroring Cat's thank you before sipping from it. "Seriously, you're stunning. The transformation is unreal."

At the question about classes, Cat blushed a bit. "Well, actually, I'm studying illustration and creative writing. I uh... I want to make comics and stuff." It was a bit of a closet interest of hers and admitting it was almost embarrassing.

Cat blushed as well when Alice commented on her body, "well thanks..." She smiled and took another sip of her drink, her eyes widened when Alice mentioned her comic idea. "Really! That sounds really cool! You'll have to let me read the rough drafts." She looked around the restaurant and leaned in towards Alice, "so tell me more about it. What's your comic going to be about?"

Alice was a little taken aback by Cat's enthusiasm for her interest in comics. "W-well... You know, I do a little bit of everything. Superheroes and stuff is fun, but I also do horror, sci-fi, a couple other stuff. I even have a few erotica projects. Those aren't for school though, obviously." She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, sipping from her drink again. "So, what classes are you taking?" She asked quickly.

Cat blushed a bit at the mention of erotica. She had not expected her friend to be into that sort of thing, but she wasn't weirded out by it. In fact it made her a bit curious what kind of things Alice was drawing, what turned her on...

Cat snapped back to reality, "she's your oldest friend" she thought befote gurriedly replying. "Oh, well. I'm not really sure what I want to do. I'm just trying to get all my core classes out of the way first. You know? But... Tell me more about your art. I've always wanted to learn how to draw, I just never got the chance to try it."

Alice smiled, nodding as Cat explained her own classes. When she returned the subject to her comics, Alice blushed softly, she didn't think too highly of her own art, worried that Cat might have an inflated sense of her comic's quality. "Oh, okay. Well, I started drawing to keep myself busy after you were adopted. I just sort of stuck with it. I didn't start doing more mature stuff like horror or erotica 'til a year or so ago. I've never really shared them with anybody before, but I have them in my bag back at the dorm. I can show you some when we get home."

Cat smiled and nodded softly. "I would like that. I would really really like that." She glanced up as the waiter came over and set their food down in front of them. Cat didn't realize how hungry she was until the food was right in front of her. She wasted no time and began eating, occasionally smiling up at Alice while she ate. "This is really good. How's yours?"

Alice sat up straight as the food was brought. She focused on her meal, shoveling the food away with a pace and ferocity that did not match her extremely slim frame. She only stopped when she heard, Cat's question. She looked up, her cheeks bulged with food. She swallowed with some effort before chasing it with a gulp from her soda. "It's delicious! This place is awesome." She grinned, leaning back in her seat. "So, did you have any ideas on what you might do when you get your core classes out of the way? Obviously, there's no rush, just curious."

Cat shrugged and sat back as Alice did. "I'm not really sure yet. My parents want me to go into something like a business field or stem or something, but I'm just not really sure if that's what I want to do." She idly picked at her food for a few minutes before she began eating again, Cat had to agree, this place was delicious. She glanced up at Alice every once in awhile. She looked really good, but Cat was struggling to think of something smart to say or some new conversation, the food in her mouth wasn't helping either.

Alice gave a shrug. "Hey, if my folks had their way, I'd be in law school to become an attorney. That would suck. How many lawyers do you know of with blue hair?" She chuckled before shaking her head. "In all seriousness, this is college. We're supposed to branch out, experiment, and figure ourselves out. So, there's no rush to figure out what you want to do or who you are."

Cat nodded, "yeah... I guess you're right." She leaned forward and couldn't seem to meet Alice's eyes. "Listen. I've been nervous to say this. If it weirds you out snd you want to have switch dorm mates, that's totally fine but..." She blushed a bit, "well, a clupoe years ago I realized I'm into girls."

Cat felt awkward tellinf her oldest friend that she liked women, but she plowed on. "I'm not really a full lesbian, I'm bisexual, I just lean towards girls more. It's okay if you're uncomfortable rooming with me. I won't blame you if you want to move."

Alice's smile fell briefly as Cat became so nervous. She wore as reassuring of a smile as she could. What could Cat, of all people, be so nervous about. When she finally got it out, Alice released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. "Cat, you don't have to worry about me thinking any differently of you. In fact, I'm thrilled you trust me enough to tell me."

She reached across the table, placing her hand on top of hers. "I'm sort of in a similar situation. But no guys for me thanks." She chuckled awkwardly. "Honestly, I was terrified that you'd find out and be disgusted."

Cat smiled, a very relieved smile. "Oh no! I'm not weirded out at all! I was so worried, I didn't know how you'd react and I was worried since... Well, you know. I didn't know if you got some parents that were really against that or something and I was afraid you'd want to leave.

She took Alice's hands and battled to keep from blushing. "You're my oldest friend and I want to become... like we used to be." The pause was barely noticeable, the split second it took Cat to amend her original statement. I want us to become more then friends. It took Cat all that time to realize how she had felt about Alice back when they were young. All those times she had thought about planting a kiss on her while they lived in that orphanage. The regret she felt that she never did it that last day.

She's had a crush on her best friend for so long but she was worried about losing her best friend. Even if Alice was actually a lesbian, what if she rebuked Cat's advances and they drifted apart. Cat smiled at Alice and glanced down, she wanted to say something or tell Alice how she felt but...

Alice was a little surprised by Cat taking her hands. Her eyes widened for a moment, a blush settling into her features. She looked up at her as she spoke. She felt her heart sink a bit when she said she wanted them to be like they used to be. Back when they were just kids. Best friends with barely any concept of romance beyond playful crushes. She bit her lip as she looked down at her lap. "I don't think you have to worry about that, Cat. I'll always adore you. I'm not going anywhere." She said reassuringly, trying to mask her disappointment that Cat didn't seem to want to go further than simply friends.

She withdrew her hands, focusing on finishing her food again. "So, do you want to head back after this, or did you have some errands to run?" She asked finally. She was both nervous and excited about going back to their dorm and being alone with Cat. "Not that I'm in a hurry. Whatever you want to do, I'm game."

Cat was still feeling a bit awkward and looked around. "Yeah, we can go back. I'm kind of tired after my trip, you know?" The meal passed in relative ease. They split the bill and began the walk back to their dorm room. Cat was lost in her thoughts.

She should have just told Alice how she felt, she shouod have admitted her feelings, but she was nervous because she hadn't seen Alice in such a long time. What if she rejected her?" These thoughts were cute short when a car honk pulled her away. Cat had absentmindedly stepped off the sidewalk as a car was coming and the driver honked at her.

She jumped back and grabbed Alice's hand, "sorry!' She called to the driver, squeezing Alce's hand for comfort. She looked down as she realized what she was doing, then back at Alice. "Oh um... I'm sorry Alice. I guess I just got scared." Despite Cat's lackluster apology, she made no move to release Alice's hand. In fact she seemed to give the hand another squeeze instead.

Alice was more than happy to head home. She could tell that Cat was distracted but chose not to pry. She assumed that she was probably just tired. To be honest, the train ride had left Alice pretty beat too. She was also surprised by the car horn blaring, but even more so by Alice jumping back and taking her hand. Alice's free hand had fallen on Cat's other shoulder holding her in surprise. She watched the car go by as she breathed out a sigh of relief.

At Cat's comment she looked down at their hands. "Oh, um..." She squeezed her hand back, smiling up at her. "No worries. It scared me too. It's fine." She chuckled to herself. She gave her shoulder a soft squeeze before lowering her hand. "Come on. We're almost home." She continued the trip home, not releasing Cat's hand.

Cat didn't seem to mind holding Alice's hand as they walked down the road back to their dorm. She felt so much calmer when she was holding Alice's hand. It made her feel safe and happy. She didn't want to ever let it go. "So... Alice... I... I had a good time... Maybe we can go out again sometime." She glanced around awkwardly for a few seconds, still nervous to speak her feelings to Alice.

As they neared their dorm, Cat turned to Alice and looked her in the eye, "Alice I wanted to tell you... You look really pretty... The blue hair looks wonderful on you." She slipped her hand into Alice's other hand, "and... maybe next time we go... we can go as... as a date."

Alice gave Cat a quizzical look when she began talking with a nervousness befitting the end of someone's first date. It was kind of adorable. They were friends and room mates, she didn't have to proposition going out again. Of course, Alice would. "Yeah, totally." She replied, still not prying. There was no sense putting Cat on the spot. Especially in public. It wouldn't be fair.

As the drew closer to their dorm, and Cat started speaking again, Alice gave her a knowing smirk. "You know, when you came out to me back at the burger place, I kind of figured this was coming." She admitted with a light chuckle. "I just wanted to hear you say it." She leaned forward, planting a soft kiss on Cat's cheek, squeezing her hands gently. "I would love to go on a date with you, Cat." She smiled a little wider then, her eyes never leaving Cat's.

Cat smiled, extremely relieved that her friend had accepted her proposal. She hugged Alice, "i'm really happy that you feel that way Alice. I really, really am." She let go of her friend and smiled again, walking with her back to their dorm. Cat's stomach was aflutter after that. She couldn't seem to stop smiling.

Alice returned Cat's hug happily, chuckling softly. "A girl would have to be insane not to feel that way." She held her hand, meshing their fingers together as they walked. It was crazy thinking about how nervous she had been about Cat finding out she was a lesbian, only to find out Cat was bi. What were the odds of that working out? Let alone that Cat was interested in her, and they had just agreed to go on a date. Outwardly, Alice wore her confidence, but inside her heart was pounding wildly in her chest and she felt like she could squeal with delight.

When they made it home, she let go of Cat's hand so that she could unlock the door. Once inside, Alice carefully closed the door behind them. She gave Cat a happy but bashful smile. "I guess I should probably unpack." She went to her luggage then, starting to do just that.

Cat smiled back, "yeah. How about I help you? Then we can watch a movie or something." She didn't really know what to do when her date lived in the same dorm as her. They wouldn't be able to exchange goodbyes and agree that the date would come later because they were in the same room. So Cat opened to follow Alice to her bedroom and started helping her unpack. "Are you excited to start classes?" She asked.

Back
Top Bottom