Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gramercy Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Murphy
Tagged: Lucy Martin
Time: 2-ish

He smirked " I have been to Italy several times doing work for the State Department. Trust me, black is the most popular color in clothing there. Still, I bet you look good in red"

As she went on , he listened, quietly like he normally did. She was excited enough for both of them, but he had a strong attraction her. Her liked younger women of course, not just for their smoothness and their tightness of their bodies, and the liveliness, it was something more basic than that. It was the look in their eyes, a look of caring, interest, respect.. They laughed at jokes. Not the wariness and weariness and judgement he had seen in the eyes of so many women around his age. Older women so often started their dates listing out the things they don't want, the things they hate, the same as they did their dating profiles . Spite and vitriol. Not very attractive

That was like going to a job interview and starting with bitching about your current or last employer. Perhaps some of it was well deserved of course. But who wanted to deal with that? Positivity wins, and if you can't be positive, fake it until you are. Fake it until you make it. He had given that advice to his nephews for years

As she told him he was attractive, he couldn't help but reach out and stroke her hair and let his finger trace to her cheek as she blushed, looking her deeply in the eyes, but not saying anything, a veritable sphinx . The slow elevator for once worked in his favor. Without hesitation, he used his other hand to flip the "stop" switch . Somewhere far under them, a lightly clanging bell was ringing as he grinned at her "You don't say" he responded finally and then swept her into his arms and pressed his lips to hers , his left hand around her waist to lift her off her feet a bit , the fingers of his right hand running through her fingers and gently entwining in her hair as his lips crashed to hers.

He backed her up and pressed her up against the wall of the elevator - not hard or viciously but firmly, slowly, insistently, pinning her there lightly. Still he was close enough that she could maybe feel his excitement for her. Of course it was all so sudden and it was a brief moment before he backed off just enough, leaving her guessing. Was he toying with her, was he having second thoughts, was he being polite?

Now he whispered into her ear "I have had my eye on you for awhile , and while I may not speak a lot, but I think you are lovely. And I can hardly wait to have time alone with you . I want to get to know you very well, and moreover I want you to get to know me, the real me. I mean who knows, you might not like the real me so much. He can be very... impulsive, and sometimes, hungry" He kissed her again unless she pushed him away of course, and turned the switch of the elevator back to 'Normal". Although he was curious about her response, he seemed calm about whatever that response might be and took it in stride.

When the door to the elevator opened he took her hand and went with her to her door. When they got there, unless her response to his attentions had been loud declarations of dismay and calling for help, he held her up just before she went in , to look in her eyes, he intended to go in and didn't feel the need to come out and say it. He cupped her chin lightly and looked her in the eyes "Lets go inside, shall we?" He wasn't quite as serious as he had been in the elevator but his eyes were no less insistent..

Arthur Connington
Location: The private gym of the building and then back to his apartment.
Tag: -
Time: A blur between the afternoon and the evening.

Arthur felt almost chased, hurried. He didn't feel ready to go out for drinks with a young girl, almost panicked at the thought, and yet there was a part of him that was eager to. In that state of mind the clock seemed to go in a crawl every time he looked at it, and yet his mind was racing so fast that before he knew it the hour approached relentless. Nervous as he was, everything had been a small distracted mishap after another since his time at the gym was a haphazard routine of doing some cardio on the treadmill followed by skipping from one machine to another just to do something different. His stomach was a knot, so he barely ate anything back in the apartment, ending up showering twice just because he forgot that he already did that. A small bit of him nagged Arthur, reminding him that he hadn't been totally honest to his daughter, something that made him wonder how truthful could he be with Cassie if he asked for his job.

Distracting himself with his wide selection of expensive clothes, Arthur opted for something sober but somewhat versatile, a simple outfit that wouldn't make him look as he was disguising his age. A black suit brought out the best of his well preserved physique, making him look like a mature model without being tight or garish. The white shirt he wore underneath was as simple as the suit itself, and in a moment as adventurous as Arthur managed to afford himself, he decided to emulate the male heroes of his novels. Not that he opened his white shirt wide, that would be ridiculous, but he saw no harm on undoing one extra button showing a hint of his salt and pepper chest hair.

Now all he had to do was wait until Cassie came for him, and the notion of it made him walk in circles around his home.

Lucy Martin
Tagged: Dylan Murphy
Time: 2-ish

His eyes still held that same intense stare as before. They told nothing to her. His lips remained silent. It was his hands that made the first move to set the tone, to let her know what he was thinking. First they were soft and tender, touching her hair, her skin. She would have gasped had she not been holding her breath. His hand moved, reaching for the button, and though she wanted to hold his gaze, she couldn’t. Her eyes followed his hand’s path, right up until the moment his fingers pressed the button. Quickly her attention was turned back to his face. Her expression one of shock and disbelief. She was confused, not sure as to why he had done that. “Well I,” she began, her answer halted by his kiss. His. Kiss. She couldn’t believe it was happening. This sort of thing didn’t happen to her. The last time was kissed was when she lived back home. They were celebrating her birthday. Lucy was young, and the boy down the street had a crush on her. He kissed her, said it was another birthday gift to her, but she knew. She always knew he had a crush on her. His attentions would never be returned, and his kiss was nothing by comparison to this. Nothing could compare to this, no kiss on the silver screen, nothing she had ever read, not even a dream that had come to her once or twice even held a candle to this. This was….intense. She was literally swept off her feet, grunting a little, almost a squeal of delight as she felt her feet lift from the floor. The elevator wall came seemingly from nowhere as she felt her back pressed against it. The moment was a whirlwind. His lips, his hands, the elevator wall, and then….She wasn’t quite sure, but Lucy thought..

His words, his breath, were hot and caused her once closed eyes to open. ‘I want to get to know you very well.’ That sentence alone had her almost frozen in place. It wasn’t fear that kept her there. It was excitement. No one had ever said anything like that to her before. Should she have been weary of him telling her that he had been watching her? No. She didn’t see it that way. She didn’t feel that way. It was more of a complement to her. While she may not have seen him, while she may not have paid him any attention, he had been watching her. He had seen her. No longer was she invisible. As he started the elevator up once more and they jostled heading upwards to her place, that realization hit her hard. He had seen her.

The doors opened, and she stepped out. Lucy was sure she must look a mess. She opened the door, but there he was again, reaching out to her, looking at her. He was looking at her. Another realization that struck her. This man had the power to look through her and still see her. Lucy took a deep breath. “Wait. We just met..this morning, and that kiss was..the best thing..I’ve ever felt..in my whole life. I want to invite you in. I really do, and I want to get to know you. I really..want..to get to know you, but I can’t..do this. Not now. If I invite you in..then I don’t now..if I’ll be able to stop this..if I’ll be able to make it to work..and I can’t lose this job. I can’t. I feel like..we’re moving too fast, and there are things about me..you don’t know. Things I want to tell you..but I can’t. Not right now. I need time to catch my breath,” she told him, a soft laugh mingling with a deep breath. “It’s not you. It’s not me. It’s both of us I guess. If you never want to see me again, believe me..I understand. I’ll be crushed, but I’ll understand.” She wanted to rest a hand on him, but something inside of her, fear perhaps, told her he was going to simply walk away, not wanting to see her again, thinking she was playing games with him, but she wasn’t. “I think too much of you really,” she told him. “You’re like this dream I’ve had that I never thought would be here, and here you are. I don’t wanna mess this up, whatever this..is. You deserve to be given time for every detail, and time is something I don’t have right now. Later I want to give you all the time, all the attention you deserve, but like I said, I’ll understand if you never want to see me again. If you do want to see me again, then you know what time I get off. If you’re there waiting for me, I’ll know.”

Dylan Murphy
Time: 2-ish until Laterish.

Dylan was a little shocked. He could feel the way she responded to him. Her body , it felt so good, the way she had melted. She was very uptight about her job, which was fine. Conscientious was a good thing, but he would show her other ways to earn a living, if need be.

He looked her deeply in the eyes, and he saw himself take his hand and wrap it around her throat and force himself on her, and into her place. Making her his, here and now. But he could afford to be patient, she was a nice girl. Maybe that was her real hesitation, if this really was her first time, maybe she didn't want it to be a quickie before work. And so he didn't do that. He didn't want to scare her, so soon. And it wasn't like he was hurting for action. He could wait.

She was babbling again, though, something he had hoped to stop. He pur a hand on her shoulder and closed on it, and the other hand he put his finger to her lips briefly and kissed her forehead. "Shhh, it's ok. We did just meet all of a couple of hours ago. I just felt like there was a connection, but I can wait and take your rain check for later. But I do expect to collect, Lucy" He grinned darkly at her and caressed her hair

"I'll pick you up later. " With that he walked to the stairs. He needed a little exercise to work out the bit of bulge in his pants and hopefully that would do that job well enough. He went up to his place and did some work for a change.

Unless he found something else to do a bit later, he went to pick her up after her shift was done

"Cassie Gutierrez"
Time: 2-dusk

She had some time and wasn't tired from her workout, so Cassie decided to go put in some time off the community service that she had assumed from the real Cassie. She was almost done with it, and would actually sort of miss it. It was where she could listen to people , normal people to listen what they talked about , what they cared about , see what they wore.

Cassie changed into jeans shorts and a short sleeve top and then fast walked the several blocks to the Community Garden and checked in. At this time of day and year, with it not being too hot, there were a lot of kids here. Not as many as when a school brought a class down, but mostly neighborhood kids whose parents wanted them to get their hands in the dirt.

Cassie came and signed in at the clock and the desk, the older man dressed in a stained blue work shirt barely looked up from the Racing section of the newspaper. "Hey Cassie, short timer, you drawing out your time longer it seems. "

Cassie smirked 'And what if I am Ed, maybe it's just hard to give you up" she giggled. "Yeah yeah, I know. That's why the missus is so hooked on me. Oh and just for you we got a new palette of compost bags, and those 10 year olds cant lift em"

Cassie grinned. She liked the weight she had lost and muscle tone she had gotten working at the garden, she planned to help out even when her hours were up. That was the plan at least. Whether she could discipline herelf was another story.

Cassie spent the next few hours hauling 60 pound pags of compost that were soaked through with water and weighed closer to 100, luckily they hadnt been sitting out in the sun long so they didnt reek.

After a few hours of good workout not to mention paying the real Cassie's debt to society , she went back to the place, she knocked on the window of the ice cream place to wave at the nice man in there, and then made her way up . It was definitely time for a good shower and to put on what she was going to wear for her date which was now much closer.

Tag: Byrn
Time: Early evening

Jasmine’s eyes lite up and she returned his warm smile, lifting to her toes with excitement. She knew most people wouldn’t be pleased with the hours he was asking for, but it suited her just fine. She needed something outside of school hours and close to home. The shop being practically outside of her door meant she had no commute to worry about and could leave from work and be home studying in under 10 minutes.

“That sounds perfect! I’ll take it!!” smiling up at Bryn, she continued “I can actually start whenever you need me. I work as a TA at Uni, but other than hitting the pool early in the morning, all I have on my schedule is studying.”

She could understand why Bryn would want someone to take over a few hours in the store. The place was great and it was amazing what he had accomplished already being so young, but he had to want a life outside the Creamery now that things were going well for him. Jaz suspected that he most likely had a girlfriend that would be complaining about all the time he spent working. The guy was hot, there had to be at least one woman hanging around somewhere.

Jaz watched as he ducked into a back office coming out with a few pages of paperwork that he needed her to fill out in order to take the position. Nodding and accepting the paperwork, she headed over to one of the small booths to fill it all out. When she hit the second page she remembered wanting to bring ice cream home to celebrate with Sarah and called out.

“Bryn, could I also get a small tub of vanilla please? I just got a new roommate today, and now with the new job, I really have reason to treat myself to a scoop or two of ice cream.” she smiled and watched him put together her order while she finished up and double checked everything, grabbing her wallet when she needed to fill out a few of the sections she couldn’t remember off the top of her head, chatting back and forth with Bryn all the while.

She finished up and went back to the cash, handing everything over to him and paying for her order. “Thank you so much Bryn, I can’t wait to start. Just give me a call once you get everything settled and I can get to work!” she was practically skipping with excitement, this day had been the best in a long time...it seemed like everything was working out perfectly for her and she was afraid to jinx it by dwelling on her good luck too much.

Jasmine hoped Sarah would be home so they could spend some time getting to know each other, she had regretted having to run off like she did that morning, but they should have plenty of time now that she was there to stay. “Thanks again Bryn...see you soon I hope, and have a great night!”

Tag: None
Time: Early evening

Sarah took a slow, warm and soothing shower. The sound of the warm water running on her back and on her head feeling like an hypnotyzing song, as her tired eyes closed; Images of that day rushed past her eyelids: the night... the tickets... the train... the Plaza... the apartment buildings... Jaz...
A satisfied smile appeared on her thin lips, casually slurping at the warm waterdrops on them. Steam filled the shower's cubicle, feeling denser and denser, almost making her feel about to drown on her feets. "Enough" thought her, before quickly running her hands to the water-mixer, praying that no iron-melting or lava-icing water would come out in the few, daring instants that follows the end of a shower's rain.

Slowly she dipped ouside the cubicle, the warm droplets of water running over her pale, smooth skin, her dopper hairs sticking to her neck and back like old, rusty copper wires. With difficulty, the girl managed to get her steam-covered glasses, a dense fog still floating in the room, but once a towel was tied around her chest and she ventured outside, the smell of apples and cinnamon reminded her of the hearty, warm and welcoming ambient she was now living. Feeling her eyes burning, ready to cry in joy, she looked with a deep, satisfied sigh the living room trough the corridor <<...home...>>

Tag: Sarah
Time: Evening

Running up the stairs Jaz juggled her backpack, the newly acquired ice cream and her keys. She was briskly walking down the hall towards her apartment door when the sweet delicious smell hit her.

Hot cinnamon. Her mouth watered just thinking about eating whatever was sending off the waves of succulent fragrance. Pastry...that was what else she detected. The closer she got to her door the more pronounced the scent became.

“Damn, now that would just be the perfect end to a perfect day.” she thought to herself, unlocking the door and smiling ear to ear. The delightful scent was emanating from her...well, their...she needed to remember it was now their, apartment.

Jasmine closed the door behind her, shouting out as she entered “Sarah, I don’t know what amazing concoction you have put together, but it smells heavenly! I hope it goes with the ice cream I bought to celebrate our new living arrangements”

Turning she saw Sarah standing in a towel, her hair a darker shade of red while dripping with water, and burst out laughing.

“I’m pretty sure this was how you caught me this morning!!” giggling she smiled warmly at her new roommate and put the ice cream in the freezer. “I hope you had a good time getting to know the place. It’s your home too now, and from the smell surrounding us, I can say I’m more happy than ever that you found me.”

Tag: Jaz

Sarah was still with just her towel tied over her chest, admiring her home, when the sound of the door being opened rushed trough the hallway; with a yip she leaped aside, trying to hide herself behind the door, but when Jaz entered and praised the smell of the sweet delight she've baked, decided to show herself.

<<...hehe... y-yeah... uh...i guess we're fair, now...>> she chuckled while pushing an awkward smile on her lips, hands clutching tightly at the towels <<Yes, indeed! I've visited... wait... i think that it'll be better if i change before...>>. Almost in a rush, the red-haired girl closed the door of her room behind her, closed the windows and tossed the towel away; in almost a record time, she found the place where she had placed her panties and wore a pair of comfortably-wide sweatpants and a white t-shirt, returning to the hall while casually passing the towel trough her hairs <<...i guess i'll have to beg mercy and ask if i can borrow your hairdryer...>>, the air was still crispy, the smell of the apple pie almost slapping her <<...you said you've bought ice cream!? Weeeeee! Because i've made...>> with a childish joy Sarah leapt past Jaz and took with a teathrical thriump the pie <<APPLE PIE! Oh my, Jaz... you've read my mind? That's soooo great! Have you eat already or... shall we test if the Bio...veg...vega... stuff shop at the corner is worth another visit?>> she winked at the other girl, placing the heavy pastry over the table while her eyes already wandered in search of a knife <<Oh, by the way... i LOVE being here! This house... home... feels like i've always lived here. I don't know how to explain...it is... ...uhm...>>

Tag: Arthur Connington
Time: mid evening

Cassie was trying on dresses and outfits. She had some super nice ones that she couldnt wear as Cassie, and then some sort of dress down ones that didnt express how cute she wanted to look for the date. If it was a date. She was starting to fret what it would be if she showed up in t shirt!

Finally she decided to go with a DKNY black outfit , a bit dressy but a bit flirty, she could always say the outfit came from a consignment shop. She decided she could get there a little bit early and try not to seem too anxious, maybe he wouldnt be there anyhow. Or maybe he would realize that it meant this was the highlight of her night. Heck this was the highlight of her month or more.

Of course after trying and deciding on an outfit, it really wasn't all that early, and she went to his apartment. She tried to remember to keep her smartphone in her clutch purse. The older guys seemed to appreciate when a girl focused on him more. She heard her heels click a bit on the inlaid tile floor.

She rapped her knuckles lightly against the door and then if no one answered she rang the bell. She was glad she didnt have any parents to meet or the like, or her own parents to ask her where she was going. She put on her best smile and brushed back her dark hair from her face and smiled waiting to see Arthur. She wasn't going to stress . Instead, she would relax and enjoy herself and help him enjoy himself.

Arthur Connington
Tag: Cassie
Time: Mid evening.

There was no book, TV show or music that could distract Arthur for the impending, the date of sorts he had agreed to, his first one in decades. Maybe he should have go and get some flowers or something for her? No, don't be silly, it wasn't a date. It was just a youthful thing, going out for some drinks. Uncompromising. Informal. Flowers would only make him look even older, and what was she going to do with them? Leave them at his house? Ridiculous.

Resisting the impulse to write as a distraction, as it wouldn't help at all, Arthur was trapped in his own house, that empty apartment, imagining how it was going to be, how he should behave, what should he say... to no avail. It was after a while of worries and doubts when Arthur was caught by surprise by the knocks on the door. Even if low, the sound could be clearly heard in the quiet house, but Arthur caught himself midway there, not wanting to seem like an anxious boy.

"No one is going to mistake you for a boy, old fool" he joked with his reflection, as he made sure his outfit was on point. As he approached the door, the bell made him smile. Perhaps he wasn't the only one nervous there, although the only one old fashioned as far as he knew was him, and there she was, being picked up by the girl instead of the other way around.

Opening the door, he had hoped that his look was on point, but as it was wide open he completely forgot about himself, and could only stare at how different Cassie looked. Sure, it wasn't just the beautiful outfit and how appropriate it looked on her, but how preppy she could look when she wasn't working. The general effect was dazzling, and even Arthur was at a loss of words for way too many seconds, but it also reminded him of how young she was, whatever her age may be.

"You look gorgeous" Arthur complimented, short and honest. "I was afraid to wear something inappropriate, but I think we match" he added with that expressive smile of his. Making sure he had the wallet, keys and phone in the jacket, he closed the apartment door behind him, stepping closer to Cassie. "So..." he mumbled, unsure on how to behave, ending up offering an arm for Cassie to hang from. Was it weird? It felt nice to him, so Arthur tried to stop worrying and just enjoy it. "Out for drinks was it?" he said, desperate for Cassie to take the initiative in those lands uncharted for him.

"Cassie Gutierrez"
Time: mid evening

She smiled at how nice he looked and gladly hung on his arm and enjoyed feeling close. She had never done this, just been a normal person. Just gone out on a date that wasnt a media event or a product planned by her parents. "Well i have to admit i don't get out much, you know, with work and all. Plus i turn down most guys who ask, i am not interested in guys my own age you see. But drinks sound like a good start. "

She paused just outside the elevator looking into his eyes and standing on tip toes leaning against him "To tell the truth Arthur, i am up for whatever you would like to do this evening. I think you are handsome and kind and funny, so trust me you don't need to be nervous. And when I say whatever, I mean anything. Maybe we could start at the Bistro? I mean unless you had somewhere else in mind" she squeezed his hand .

The elevator came and she spun around with a blush and then looked over at him, walking with him into the elevator. The elevator door closed and she smiled as she saw their reflection in the well polished elevator door. "We should probably do a selfie together, except i promised id keep my phone in my purse. I have a bad phone habit but i want you to know im interested in getting to know you, not chat with my stupid non-friends on the phone."

She paused a little nervous and then smirked "maybe after a couple of drinks we will both be a little less nervous. II have been looking forward to being with you tonight all day. And trust me, i dont have anything else planned, all night." Her voice trailed off meaningfully.

Saoirse Quinn
Tagged: Kitchen crew, Bryn
Time: Early evening - 10 pm-ish

As the dinner rush came to an end Saoirse turned to face the line. "Good job my bitches, we only had two kitchen errors tonight, for that y'all deserve a treat." The guys looked at her expectantly and she cocked an eyebrow at them. "What? You think I'm going to give you a treat, fuck that go talk to Larry, I just said you deserve one." She laughed and walked from the window patting Meatwad on the shoulder. "Watch the window I need to tinkle." "Alright Baby Cakes, don't fall in." He replied stepping from his station to the window to check the tickets left on the rack.

As she walked down the line Saoirse untied her apron and pulled it off leaving it on the steel prep table at the back of the kitchen. Walking around the wall away from the line she went to the employee restroom to handle her business and freshen up a little. Leaving the bathroom after checking her hair one last time she walked past the line to the server area of the back of the house and leaned on the other side of the window beside Breslin who, luckily for Saoirse, had been the expeditor for the shift giving her ample opportunities to shameless flirt with the pretty girl.

"Hey there beautiful." Saoirse's musical voice came from behind Breslin causing the girl to jump and twist around. Covering her mouth to stifle a laugh Saoirse apologized for startling her. "It's okay." Breslin answered with a shy smile and the faintest hint of a blush on her cheeks. "Whatcha blushing for Bres?" At the question Breslin's cheeks darkened even more. "Ooooh, I see, is it cause I called you beautiful?" Saoirse teased stepping closer to the girl and reaching out to tuck an errant strand of hair back behind Breslin's ear, letting her fingertips brush the younger woman's face as she did. Turning her face away shyly Breslin nodded. "Yeah, I guess." "Wow! Just how adorable can you get girl? I could just eat you up..." A meaningful pause and lascivious smile spaced out Saoirse's statement. "Actually, I wouldn't mind doing just that."

Breslin let out a squeak and her face lit up, even her ears. "I-I-I" Putting a finger on Breslin's lips to stop her Saoirse smiled again, a pleasant, and somehow hungry gesture at the same time. "Think about it and let me know at the end of the night. You are a gorgeous woman and from your reactions I can guess you have never been with another girl. If you choose yes I promise to take care of you and teach you things that will make your toes curl and head spin. Just consider." Turning on her heel Saoirse left Breslin standing alone holding her hands tightly to her chest and a strong blush across her face.

Going back to the line she donned a fresh apron and went back to the window. "Did you really just do that Baby Cakes?" Meatwad asked with an amused smirk on his face. "I have no idea what you are taking about Meatwad." She replied in her most innocent voice. "Bullshit. Teach me." He replied and Saoirse shook her head. "Nope. If if teach you how to get girls like I do then I will have competition, who has time for that.

The rest of the shift went smoothly with the exception of the new guy dropping a plate when he slipped, it wasn't anything that hadn't happened before and they were quick to get the order remade. Throughout the night Breslin blushed every single time she made eye contact with Saoirse through the window and had a cute habit of biting her lip and looking to the floor.

By the end of the night when the restaurant was closed and everyone was cleaning Saoirse was certain she would be bringing Breslin home with her. "Hey Baby Cakes?" Stopping her wiping down Saoirse slowly lifted her head with a 'cat who got the cream' smile on her lips. The way Breslin had called her Baby Cakes was different than she had ever said it before. "Yes?" She replied her smile growing wider. "I-I um, I forgot that I was already getting picked up tonight, my ride is already here. I-is there any way I can get a rain check on....on what we were talking about?" Not showing her disappointment in the turn of events Saoirse beamed at the girl. "Of course gorgeous, I told you to take your time. I am going to hold you to that though, then to my body." She added with a wink sending the girl into another fit of blushing. "O-okay. Thank you." Pausing and biting her lip she looked to floor for a moment. Without lifting her head she spoke so softly Saoirse almost couldn't hear her. "Can you walk me out to the back?" "Yeah. Lets go." She met Breslin at the back of the kitchen and walked her out the back door to the walled in area that held the dumpster and outside break area, they were alone and as she walked to the opening in the wall she was stopped by Breslin's hand on around her wrist holding her back.

Turning her head back to see what was up she saw the younger woman again biting her lip and staring at the floor, twisting her foot into the concrete. Looking up Breslin took a deep breath and stepped forward pressing her lips to Saoirse's in a quick peck of kiss and pulled away quickly and let go of her hand. "That was the first time I kissed a girl." She admitted. Grinning Saoirse checked around for any witnesses and seeing the coast was clear grabbed Breslin by the back of her head and waist pulling the girl into a full body embrace and pressed her lips against hers. Breslin gasped in shock and Saoirse took advantage of the opening and slipped her tongue into the girls mouth savoring the fresh minty taste on her tongue from her gum. Breslin resisted for a moment but soon melted into the kiss returning it.

Breaking away after a few seconds Saoirse smirked and gave the still dazed Breslin a wink. "Now you have been given your first real kiss by a woman, oh and thanks for the gum." She added blowing a small bubble and popping it between her teeth. A shocked look ran across Breslin's face and with a quick swipe of her tongue through her own mouth she found that Saoirse had indeed stolen her gum from her during their kiss. "Go on gorgeous, don't keep your ride waiting or I may just have to kidnap you for the night." Breslin nodded and walked off giving Saoirse several glaces over her shoulder as she left. Once she was out of sight Saoirse let out a heavy sigh. "FUCK!" She barked to the empty air. "Now I am all horny again. This blows."

Grumbling to herself all the way back into the kitchen she finished the closing rituals and clocked out herself.

In her car Saoirse pulled out her phone, it was a few minutes past ten. Staring at it for a couple minutes she pondered what to do. "Fuck it." She said with a shrug and typed in her password and went into the messenger app. Clicking on Bryn's photo, one she got of him while he was working at the Creamery she typed out a message.

"Hey, just got off work and I have fuck all to do, wanna chill?"

Sending the message she dropped the phone in the seat beside her and pulled out of the parking lot to head back home to the Plaza.

Bryn Galenus
Tag: Jasmine Calliwell, Saoirse Quinn, open.

The joys of finally getting some, hopefully, competent help around here brought a smile to Bryn’s features and he found himself chuckling along to Jasmine’s initial excitement. Oh she was eager, which was good. He hoped she stuck around with it. He had the usual paperwork and employment documents for her to sign and muse over, allowing him to handle a customer who just came in. Her request he was happy to oblige.

“Always a great reason to enjoy ice cream. A roomie huh? Must be nice.” He remarked, ringing up her total and setting it aside for her. There was a decent bustle of people starting to arrive now as afternoon turned to evening and he took the sparse breaks between them to talk to Jasmine. She seemed a bright, intelligent young woman. Someone his mother would have liked. When she finished the work in question, he took the papers and checked them over, noting a few places she had forgot her signature. But other than that, everything seemed in order.

“Thursday actually. This Thursday. Be here 8am sharp.” He told her. “You’re entirely welcome. I look forward to working with you. Remember to bring that lovely smile too on Thursday eh? Have a good one and maybe I’ll see you around.” He bid in farewell to her and watched her leave, licking his lips a moment as he shamelessly let his eyes droop to her rear as she pranced off. She seemed to have all the gifts.

The rest of the work shift went by pretty quickly as the busy hours began. There was almost a constant line up of people wanting a delicious cool treat to finish off their days. He worked until 8pm then went through the process of closing down the store, locking up and then counting up his cash receipts. Here is where…the scandal occurred. Fake receipts were then crafted to cover the extracurricular revenues he had made, which marking inventory down to show an exchange had occurred when one really did not. It would be enough to fool any auditor, at least on the surface. All one had to do was look in the tubs in the back and see they weren’t full of ice cream. Not all of them at least.

His final task was rolling a nice doobie, before taking off his Creamery apron and walking outside, locking the door behind him. He sighed. Finally free of the work day, he now had some time to relax.

Stretching his arms in the evening sun, he proceeded to walk around the Gramercy building, towards the rear of the building. It was a shady, dusty place but it afforded a measure of privacy for what he was about to do, away from the prying eyes of those who did not understand, did not care, or outright disdained the act of smoking weed. With the flick of a lighter, he was soon puffing and blowing up clouds with a sigh. Perhaps a nice dip in the pool under the stars would be nice.

His phone vibrated. Doobie between his lips, huffing and puffing with every breath, he dug into his pocket - wrong one - then his other and found his phone, checking the text. He smirked and quick fired a reply back. Back street, behind the plaza. Smoking up. Come through if you want. Better hurry though.

Dylan Murphy
Time: late evening/early night

Dylan had had a few productive hours, including finishing up some reports that would actually get him paid. He really ought to hire an assistant to help keep him a bit more organized, Or at least prod him when he had cash money basically sitting there to be claimed.

He decided to walk rather than take his car. He figured he would not want to put her under too much pressure right off since she was a bit skittish. And he would be anxious once he had her alone to continue their... discussion, from earlier.

The night was alive , this section of town, unlike some others, didn't roll up the sidewalk at 9, or worse, 6PM. It was alive, full of people, young and old, out enjoying and living. Families, lovers, friends. He smiled, no matter what problems there were in the world, life went on, it continued , it abides. No matter how crazy things got, in some way .

Along the way he looked at all the small mom and pop places that werre largely cash businesses. Really a money launderer's dream, he made a mental note to check out some of them later. They were all small places with only a few employees so not a lot of oversight, and all did a big part of their business in cash. As he evaluated it as a cash bag, he stopped in to a florist on the way, saw some wildfowers.. he took a picture of them, they reminded him of her. He would get them for her on the way back though, rather than hang out with a bouquet and have her get teased from her friends at work.

Now it was getting towards the end of her shift , and presumably the end of the night . He thought a slice sounded just about right, but he woud wait for Lucy. He game up to the shop and looked in and saw when he saw Lucy, he went up to the window and grinned

"So tell me, what's good here?" He smiled darkly at her with a hint of a smile

Arthur Connington

"I'll consider myself lucky then" Arthur observed, honestly feeling fortunate since she didn't only accept his old fashioned gesture of offering the arm to walk together but also she seemed to be no easy girl to get. "Drinks it is then" he echoed, walking with her to the elevator. "Handsome and kind and funny? Well, the first one I already knew but thanks for noticing the other two" he joked, trying to hide how glad he felt with the compliments, nice words helping him to bridge the awkwardness the age gap could cause. Starting with a familiar, safe space could be nice, and the Bistro was all of that and was close. He had heard in passing of a club that seemed to be all the rage, the place to be, but there was little he knew about that spot, so maybe they could check it later.

"I'd say that we have to take that selfie, look at how good we look" Arthur nodded with a smile. He had enough selfies that her daughter sent him to the phone to cover the walls of the whole apartment, so he knew that it was a nice way of marking a memory for her generation. Cassie had to be older than Alice if she was up for drinks, but truth was that for him they seemed about the same age, although Cassie did seem a bit more mature dressed like that than in her daily clothes. "Go ahead, but yeah, we'll keep our phones away the rest of the night" he said, letting Cassie take a selfie of them.

"Let me give you my number so you can send it to me..." Arthur said, fiddling with his smartphone to ease the process. The wallpaper on his terminal was plainly visible and it showed him and a young blonde girl smiling by the sea, a picture he had taken with his daughter Alice not long ago before she went to college. "Yeah, I have to admit that I have been pretty hectic about our..." Arthur didn't know if he should say date or not, but the choice of words was the least of his worries as Cassie had just announced her availability for the night, all of it. Arthur couldn't make himself think of anything else that she could have meant with that, but then again the decades of being away from dating and how lonely he had been for the last few years could be making him think what it wasn't.

"I don't really have plans..." he said, just being honest without knowing quite well how to react to such a forward girl, as the elevator announced with a ding and the opening of doors that they already were in the lobby.

Sky ( Charlie ) Winchester
Tags: Bryn
Charlie sat in the library far too long. Far too long she thought about her father, her home, her past, and the life she left behind. Any amount of time spent thinking of that man, the one she called dad, was too much. He didn’t deserve it. He was the reason she was where she was. If he had not pushed so much, if he had been a dad instead of what he was…..’No,’ Charlie thought, shaking her head and finally standing. ‘He doesn’t get one more second.’

She left the library, her steps heavy and somber. The money in her pocket reminded her she was going to buy some food. ‘Something that will keep for more than a day. Something I can get some real substance from. The ice cream was fine, but I need real food. Charlie hadn’t really eaten much that day, but then again that was normal. When money teeters on the edge of you actually having some and being broke, you get use to not eating. She pushed her hair from her face as she looked over her choices, only looking up once when she thought she felt eyes on her. Her instincts were right. It was a lady, impecaably dressed and clearly understanding Charlie didn’t belong there. Still she offered her a smile only to have the woman whisper at her, “You better hurry up and leave. They will call the police if they catch you stealing.” Stealing? Charlie didn’t get angry, at first. Her words hurt more than anything. Charlie pulled her hand out of her pocket slowly, causing the woman to take two steps back quickly, afraid of what she had in her hand. She revealed the money to her. She left the shop, not bothering to say anything else to Charlie. The woman’s reaction to her wasn’t something she hadn’t seen before. Those words, the way she made her feel, it was all common, but tonight something was different. Tonight she had father’s memory hanging over her, embracing her.

She left the shop, bag in hand. Charlie just wanted to get out of there. Normally Gramery filled her with such happiness. Tonight the memory would shroud any joy she felt when inside these walls. Charlie felt as though she were smothering. The walls were closing in. She had to get outside in the open air. The doorman opened the door, giving her an indifferent look. It wasn’t Charlie. He had long gone home. She didn’t even offer him a smile. Nothing. All she wanted was the freedom that the first deep inhale would bring. Charlie drank in the air, taking a few deep breaths just outside of Gramercy. Still the bustling street offered more prying eyes. She shook her head, wanting to get away from them. With String’s case in one hand, and the bag from The Green Grotto in the other hand, she turned making her way towards her alley, towards home. As she entered her eyes were down, but she looked up, she saw….him. The weight of the day combined with finding someone here was too much. “Hey! What are you doing in my…..” Her words stopped. She smelled..it. The smell was so familiar. The confident Charlie, so ready to rip him apart for being in her home was now..wavering. Her lips as she moved tried to think of something to say. All of the finishing school lessons she had been given, everything she had learned from her parents was all gone. Old receptors in her brain were thrust alive. She could feel it, that old familiar need awakening. She knew what it could do, what it would do. Too many times she had felt the relief for everything that the very thing he was smoking would bring. When it finally wasn’t enough, Charlie had graduated to different substances. Her arms were proof of that. Her mouth almost watered as she wanted it. That past was ancient history to her, but all it took was one inhale and she was wavering. “I..I’m just gonna sit over here and..have..something to eat. When you’re done..just..just uh..leave. Okay? Not like you don’t know to do that or anything. This is my home. So you..you just go ahead and finish up.” The words even sounded strange, stupid, to her. Charlie carefully placed Strings on the ground before sliding down the side of the building. Her eyes kept glancing over to him, but she would rip her gaze away. She shed her coat before digging in the bag. A carrot. As if the vegetable would be any kind of substitute, she still took a bite as she looked forward, forcing herself not to look at him again.

Lucy Martin
Tag: Dylan Murphy
Time: Late evening

Her shift was a normal shift, and yet Lucy’s feet didn’t touch the floor all night. Everyone who saw her said she looked different, that she was glowing. ‘Am I,’ She thought. ‘Am I glowing because of him?’ As the day lulled on, she knew every second was bringing her closer to him once more. She thought about what had happened in the elevator and how understanding he was. She couldn’t help but wonder had she made the right choice. Someday the right man will come along. That’s what she had always told herself. What if the day had come where the right one had come along? ‘What will he think?’ It was the only thing that weighed on her mind when she had a moment to herself.

The night became busy as the sun went down. Something about the night brought out more people. The faces all blurred together, meaningless to her tonight. There was only one face she wanted to see, one face that made her heart beat faster, that made her think about taking that huge step she hadn’t yet. That same face also made her nervous because she didn’t know exactly how she would tell him what she knew he deserved to know.

The voices all seemed to rise. Evening chatter, the busy night, became louder and louder, but as soon as she heard his voice, everything else fell silent. A smile spread across her face. “Well now, we have our usual pies, and the pasta dishes are extremely..saucy..and I personally think they melt in your mouth. They’re so..creamy..and the pasta slides down your throat filling you with..warmth. Personally I recommend it, but our pies do fit right in your hand. No need for any utensils. You just..eat it. Pepperoni is good. A little on the spicy though, but something tells me you could handle it. So tell me, is there anything I can get you?”

"Cassie Gutierrez"
Time: mid to late evening

Cassie leaned up against him and encouraged him to wrap his arm around her. It made her feel safe in a way that just felt so good. She gave a warning and then took the selfie and then smiled "Oh it came out great!" She giggled softly. When he brought out his phone she saw the wallpaper and when she heard it was his daughter she was both relieved but a little nervous. Then she understood why he had been a little hesitant.

"Oh so is that your daughter? She is lovely, she must take after you" Her lips curled into a broad smile and she sent the pic to his phone and then put her hand on his shoulder. "I bet she really loves you and wants you to be happy, you know" She felt him stumble over the words "It's ok if you want to call it a date. It's one of the things I like about more mature guys - they arent afraid to call something what it is."

The elevator opened and she hung on his arm again and let him open the door into the Bistro. It looked so different late at night, dressed the way she was most of the customers and even some of the workers didn't even recognize her. She could tell, that look of recognition was simply not there. She let Arthur decide if they were going to regular table, or one of the intimate booths by the bar, or just to sit at the bar, though she did mention that the intimate booths were very nice and comfortable.

She realized she didnt know much about him. She assumed he wasnt still married, but what if he was? She would ask him to talk a bit about himself, most guys liked to do that. So once they sat down , she smiled "You don't need to be nervous Arthur, trust me i am nervous too. I understand though, you have a daughter, maybe you arent sure what to tell her. But i think she would be happy for you if she saw that selfie, you have such a great smile. It's almost like you enjoy my company" she smirked and then as the waitress came up, she ordered a peach Bellini, and pulled out her ID when the waitress asked.

Cassie blushed, it was a bad picture thank goodness but they were about the same size and their face was the same shape which helped a lot, not to mention she worked here. She didn't know the server all that well though. Except when talking to their server, she kept facing him and listened to him and coaxed things out of him, touching his arm evey so often to encourage him.

After a bit she grinned "you are definitely so worth going through smartphone withdrawal. There is something about you that is more than meets the eye, you have a passion about something, and somehow i don't think it is spreadsheets. But i have been known to be wrong. Tell me about your passion?" She invited him to open up and ordered herself another drink.

Saoirse Quinn
Tagged: Bryn, Sky

Saoirse was most of the way home when her phone buzzed. Checking the text she smiled. "Sweet." Not replying until she reached a stop light she shot him a quick text back. "Be there soon." Which was true, she was only a few blocks from the parking garage. Pulling in and parking she quickly made her way to the back of the building where she knew Bryn would be hiding.

As she entered the alley she noticed several things right off the gates, the first was the smell which made her smile. She was going to enjoy winding down after the busy day she had, second she noticed that Bryn wasn't alone in the alley. There was someone sitting a bit off from him, between her and Bryn. Seeing as the sitting person wasn't saying anything Saorise assumed that she was okay with them smoking back here. It wasn't until she got closer did she recognize the person for who they were. "Hey, you're that super cute girl who plays the violin outside of the plaza." She said with a bright smile. "I love your music and the effort you put into it, I can tell you love what you do." Glancing at the carrot the girl was eating Saoirse reached into her pocket and pulled out a wad of bills, mostly singles, but a five and a twenty were crumbled in the mass as well. "Here, get yourself something nice to eat, not just something that won't spoil after a few hours outside, I would hate for something to happen to you and loose the lovely music you share with us." Kneeling down she tucked the money into the grocery bag not allowing the violinist a chance to refuse her off.

Standing up she gave the girl a smile. "I'll see you around." She said cheerfully with a wave before walking the last few yards to Bryn. "Hello mister sexy cream slinger. What do you have for me tonight?" She asked in a playfully flirty tone as she approached him. "I hope it is something tasty that I can wrap my lips around and suck." She continued to tease running the tip of her tongue over her bottom lip giving him a sultry look before busting out with a wide grin and laughing. "Sorry." She said between fits of giggles. "I couldn't help myself." Still fighting back her giggles Saoirse laid her hand on Bryn's chest to balance herself. "So seriously, that stuff you got me today was amazing. I got back to my apartment, smoked a bowl and was tore up from the floor up. Is this the same stuff or are you holding out on me and keeping the really, really, REALLY good shit to yourself?" Accepting the passed doobie she took it between her full lips and took a deep hit.

Holding it for a moment to savor the taste she exhaled slowly. "This is nice." She complimented taking a second hit and passing it back to him. "So have you invited the adorable little street performer to join up?" She questioned tilting her head back towards Sky.

Arthur Connington

Wrapping her arm around Cassie, Arthur gave his best smile for the selfie, a nice if nervous memento of the start of that night. "People say she's got my eyes" commented when he noticed Cassie looking at his phone, referring to those dark brown shiny orbs they seemed to share. "You would win that bet, I couldn't help but call Alice earlier and tell her about my date" Arthur confessed, liking how Cassie seemed to appreciate honesty and finding there the courage to call that date for its name. "She sounded happy, but perhaps that has something to do with her being away from her old man and without supervision in college" he joked, knowing that Alice was genuinely happy for him, not wanting Arthur to feel alone.

Walking to the nearby Bistro with Cassie by his arm was a bit odd, but also made Arthur feel happier and younger than he had any right to. Just the small event of going out with a nice girl was worth it, and started to dissipate the fears and traces of anxiousness he had been having. Of course, there were still things left unsaid, as he had hidden how young Cassie was to his daughter, even if he didn't know her exact age. "You are lovely and very supportive" Arthur said, "I could get accustomed to this quite easily" he added, asking for one of those amazingly sounding booths.

"Old Fashioned" Arthur ordered, liking the bourbon and not aware of the drinks name until the waitress was gone. "Ha, I played myself with that one" he said, looking at Cassie's bright eyes and feeling at ease with her. Surprised about how easily she had looked through him, Arthur sighed although that didn't make his smile vanish at all. "You caught me" Arthur confessed, taking a sip of his drink. "Can you keep a secret?" he asked, leaning closer. "I don't make any accounting job or whatever" he said. "I'm a writer, that's my passion and my job" Arthur admitted with a smile, feeling a bit playful.

"Now, can you guess what kind of books I write?" he asked, sitting closer to her in the booth, sliding along the circular cushioned bench seat. "Three attempts, and you get a prize" Arthur added, amused. "You are gonna laugh when you find out for sure" he finished, eager to see what Cassie answered.

Bryn Galenus
Tag: Charlie “Sky” Winchester, Saoirse Quinn, open.

Bryn had barely got into his second puff when a figure came down the alleyway. Yet one puff in was enough to activate the paranoia typical to such recreation, lowering the joint out of sight when he assumed it might be some nark or passerby with a dislike of the activity. Not that he should be overly worried. What they going to do, call the cops? Over one joint? Which he could easily lose in this alleyway before any responder could reach him? But his fears were misplaced when he saw it was only the philosopher girl from before in his ice cream shop. He quirked an eyebrow at her when she approached and was entirely taken aback when she accused him of being in her…

He was confused by her actions. He had not known she was homeless and this might be her usual lodgings. It was strange because Bryn came here often, though only for about a five or ten minute window which could explain why they had never encountered each other before, since he was never here except for that time. Bryn didn’t know how to answer at first, frowning as he looked her over up and down, sitting where she did with just a carrot. “Oh, hey there! I didn’t mean to intrude. I won’t be long. I’ll leave you alone. I wasn’t aware…” he began to explain to her, reaching up to stick the doobie in his mouth and move off.

But then another arrived. Saoirse, as invited, and Bryn almost told her they ought to go elsewhere so as to not bother Sky. But Saoirse, in her own infinite compassion and love, was already introducing herself to the girl. In fact she knew her already. She played music? Damn is there nothing this girl can’t do? She can think, she’s well-read, a musician…and yet she lives here…

Saoirse beckoned to him now and he smirked and shook his head. Always with her heart on her sleeve, this one. “Hello missus sexy phone operator voice person.” He answered back, jumbling over the words. “I think that might be a little too big for your lips. Oh wait, did you mean this?” He jested back, holding the joint up and over her head, where he was sure her shorter frame could not reach as she balanced herself against his chest. “Not even one puff and you already got the giggles. Must be that second hand smoke.” He winked, before he finally offered her the doobie to try out herself.

“Of course I hold back the good stuff. Don’t want to become irrelevant now. Got to keep them coming back for more. It works on you.” He said, crossing his strong arms as Saoirse enjoyed her first puffs, his eyes moving towards Sky. How rude of him, not even considering her. She seemed a nice, kind woman so why not? “I…don’t know if she does. I mean if she wants.” He said, looking at Sky, not wanting to make the decision for her. “Come on over.” He invited her. “Have you ever smoked up before or are you a good girl who never does?” He joked with Sky now.

“She’s a deep thinker, this one.” He said to Saoirse, hyping Sky up. “Just wait till she has her head up in the clouds.”

"Cassie Gutierrez"
Time: mid evening.

She nodded most of things, but laughed at his catching the Old Fashioned before she could say anything. And then she was positively riveted when he spoke in conspiratorial tones about his true avocation. She whistled low.

"Wow that's a doozy. I guess it all makes sense now. I thought maybe you were a restaurant critic or health inspector at first, but then I noticed, whatever you were doing , you had a passion for it, you know?" She blushed a little "And you dont strike me as someone who values numbers over people".

She paused and had a quizzical look on her face "But now the question is , what kind. Thats going to be tough I bet. I would almost suggest we make a bet on my being able to figure it out, but I have to tell you the part about your daughter was a total guess, more like wishful thinking, I just figured out if you still had her as a gf you wouldn't be interested in spending time with me " she winked "So considering my luck bank is pretty tapped right now, I shouldn't be too flippant" She smirked.

"So lets see. I mean wow like a real writer? Ok, just so we are clear. these are not my gusses, I am thinking aloud and eliminating some things. It's not a technical manual. It's not a geek book , like Klingon for Dummies. You are too well groomed for that" She smirked at her aspersion, she didn't really mean it she was joking at the expense of her Trekkie friends. All 2 of them.

Now she continued "Its probably not a book on salsa dancing , I didn't see that sort of music in your eyes last time I saw you writing. Yes ok, i admit I was checking you out from across the bar" She giggled softly. "Maybe a spy novelist. You would make a dashing spy no doubt. Hopefully not horror, because when I read it I will get scared. "

She paused and bit her lip, she was obviously very excited by his revelation. No one had really told her a secret like that before. She almost wanted to blurt out her own secret, except hers involved underage drinking and misuse of official government documents. Granted, her lawyer could get her out of it all. But still, there was no parity with how deep the secret was between them. Still.. she would probably tell him some time. Wouldn't she? She leaned closer to him, their legs touching now.

Now she smirked 'you sort of have my stumped. I could imagine so much about you. But I am glad to be getting to know the real you instead of just looking at you across the room and imagining. So ok. just to be fair, you can get a prize if I don't guess."

she giggled softly and then made her guesses, leaning in closer so no one would hear their secrets. "Ok. First thing I am going to guess is a travel writer. My second guess would be a true crime novelist. It's all the rage lately or so I am told. My last guess is a spy novelist. Mainly because I would feel stupid if I had said it then not picked it" she had a quizzical smile, the secret was really getting to her . She was also obviously incredibly impressed.

"I hope you do get very accustomed to this , Arthur. I know I definitely would like that, a lot". She added, as an after thought in response to his earlier words. She had heard them but now she was definitely feeling the same way.

Tag: Sarah

“Damn, it’s been forever since I had anything homemade. You are a godsend!!” Jaz smiled and leaned in to sniff the delicious looking treat. She set the ice cream on the counter and did a little back hop so she landed sitting up on the countertop.

“And you can borrow whatever you like...I know what it’s like moving in and trying to figure out everything you need. Might take awhile before you have everything you need but until then, if I have it...you can borrow it,” Jasmine eyed the pie, her stomach growling and reminding her that she hadn’t eaten more than a quick cinnamon bun with her coffee.

“I’m starving, is it bad that I want to skip dinner though and go straight to dessert? The smell is making my mouth water and all I want to do is eat my weight in pie and ice cream,” Jaz gave her best big innocent smile and folded her hands as if she were begging. “Please please please…”

Giggling she heard Sarah mention the organic shop and winced, “That place is expensive. I love the idea of organic food and all but I can’t afford to shop there. I usually grab groceries on the way home from the university. Living here at the Gramercy is amazing, but prices around here are probably about double what they are elsewhere.”

Jasmine helped to dish out the pie and ice cream, sighing with pleasure at the first mouthful of sweet homemade apple pie. The buttery crust and sweet tangy apples were delicious. “We might need rules on how often you are allowed to bake. Or I’ll be gaining 20 pounds by month's end.” she said with a smile, quickly taking another mouthful.

Arthur Connington
Tag: Cassie Gutierrez.

Arthur was pleased that the revelation had made Cassie's eyes sparkle, the small mystery, the shared secret serving as a complicity that bridged them closer. "Being as sweet and pretty as you are, you don't need luck, so feel free to take a loan on that bank of yours" Arthur said, following her amusing remarks. Cassie's smile was contagious, her smirk infectious, and her youthful cheerfulness a welcome balm for Arthur's self imposed solitude. "Yeah, a real writer of books" Arthur confirmed amused, delighted at how Cassie had taken it in. "Feel free to think out loud, but not too loud" he whispered with shifty eyes looking around, just a joke, but he was falling into a quite comfortable rhythm.

Arthur leaned back a bit, letting Cassie set up her thoughts in order while he looked amused and took a sip of his drink. He tried to put on his best poker face to not give any clues, but with some of her options he couldn't help but laugh quietly and pitch in, getting closer once more. "For all you know maybe my apartment could be filled with nerd stuff..." he joked, seeing where Cassie's thoughts took her. "So you were checking me out?" Arthur asked, surprised and pleased. "I have to hear more about the music you see in my eyes, that was beautiful, but later, keep going with your guessing" he said, a bit blushed for a moment. And he that was thinking that they didn't connect until close and it turned out she had already looked at him.

Cassie's eagerness and warmth could be felt by Arthur as she approached closer and closer, almost hip to hip. It seemed that Cassie had ran out of options, so she was ready to give him her three guesses. "Travel writer? That would be nice, but I like to be home so no" he answered to the first one. "True crime... thrilling, but I don't really dabble with reality" he admitted, since even if his works being rooted in the real world, they have a healthy dosage of fantasy and wish fulfillment. "And no to spies either" he said with a smile, "even if some of my novels have that element" he nodded.

"I promised you were going to laugh after all, lets see if you do" Arthur said. "I write romance under a female pseudonym" he confessed. "Yeah, those kind of things that have the garish covers with model men and women on them" he added amused. "So there you go, the nervous shy mature man is a quite successful romance novelist" finished, awaiting her reaction. After a few moments, feeling confident and pleased, Arthur leaned closer. "Well, what is my prize going to be?" he asked, extending one hand and putting a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom