Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gramercy Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tag: Library Guests

Jasmine made her way quietly into her favorite place, the library. The huge echoing hall was filled with the now underappreciated tomes of knowledge, adventure's, fantastic worlds and so much more. The scent of books always made her smile and relax. Her shoulders slowly relaxed so they were no longer tucked almost under her ears and the slight crease between her delicate eyebrows flattened out. Taking a deep soundless breath, she looked up and down the rows of shelves, taking pleasure in the beauty of these treasures while looking for the best place to tuck herself away to study for the next few hours.

Like so many others, her work was done electronically, no longer dragging armfuls of books down from their resting place to laboriously look through chapter after chapter, book after book. She was sentimental about the library and it’s hardbacked tenants, but she wasn’t foolish. What took hours researching with the help of books, took minutes on the computer. She did feel at ease in these halls though, years of people studying within these walls, striving to improve their insight and wisdom, seemed to have seeped into every surface.

Several other people were spread out, occupying the many tables and desks. There were several rows of computers for public use, but Jasmine had her own laptop with her that already contained her months of work so far. All she really needed was an outlet to keep it alive and humming while she did her thing. Her hand reached up and held the strap of her backpack tight when she did that little jump and shrug people did, to keep it from slipping off her shoulder.

At 5’3, she was sometimes mistaken from behind. Her slight build and awkward movements were easily mistaken for someone younger...until she turned and they saw her perky b cup breasts and tiny waist. If they were interested enough to look closer, her features were soft and sensual. Puffy lips that appeared swollen from kisses and dark warm eyes hidden behind glasses were clear evidence of her maturity. Her hair was always loose, the long luscious locks flowing halfway down her back and bouncing around her face. Jasmin was a contrast of innocence and haunting sensuality that caught people's attention no matter what steps she took to hide herself from notice.

Jaz made her way to her regular table in the far corner. She loved this desk because it kept her out of sight from practically every angle. You had to know where this set of desks was or you would never notice it. She had stumbled upon it about a month ago while hunting for an outlet, when all of the ones closer had been claimed where she had been sitting.

As she began to unpack her equipment, computer - phone - notebook, because she had a habit of writing down lists at every opportunity - and finally her charger and her bright pink pen. She tried to hide it most of the time but Jasmine was the biggest girly girl. Loving everything pink and frilly. She rarely indulged her ultra feminine side but once in awhile it slipped through her tightly guarded shield to show itself to anyone observant enough to notice.

She was researching spiritual and traditional rituals from around the world as part of her studies. She loved the mysterious and wondrous stories from around the world. Her favorites were from the most remote areas. Cultures with little to no contact with people outside their villages had a rich and intriguing world they cultivated to teach their young people and carry on the lifestyles of their ancestors. Some were scary, some happy and joyful...and others were downright erotic. Focusing in on her research, the hours started to melt away with Jasmine unaware of the world around her.

Arthur Connington
Tag: Sarah Barkleys.

The girl seemed to have no trouble with his general clumsiness and instead her troubles seemed to be apple focused, since she held them like they were priceless treasures. "Yeah, ask away" he nodded with a smile. "Advertise?" he frowned. "You mean organic, genetic manipulation and pesticide free? I don't know much about the stuff, I come here out of habit" Arthur admitted. It seemed that the girl he had stumbled upon had the same concerns as his daughter, all worried about the planet and stuff, or at least that was Arthur's superficial judgment after seeing her clothing and hipster glasses.

"My daughter always insisted to shop here, and she was all concerned about those things, so I guess they are to be trusted?" Arthur explained further, doing his best to calm whatever concerns the girl may had. "Don't worry, each one has their priorities" he shrugged, giving it no importance. "New in the neighborhood? If it's the first time you come here..." Arthur chatted idle, just being friendly while he picked up some oranges and put them into a recycled paper bag.

Tag: Arthur Connington

"Well... at least i'll pay for something grown with efforts" thought her when the man spoke of what he knew of that place, technically justifying her worries for the price. <<Thanks, sir.>> replied the girl with a shy smile <<... i guess i'll have my first shop here, today.>>

<<Ah, haha, as well as parents do worry, even daugthers worry about their Pa's. I will take that as another suggestion for the trustworthy-ness of this place>> she giggled, trying not to answer that her priority was something cheap but, in the last minutes, it become a "spend the less possible and don't shop here never again" thought.

<<Uh... well...yeah, new to town and neighborhood>> despite her shyness, she felt nothing negative coming from that unknown man, he remembered her an history teacher of her hometown, the one professor with a soothing and calm voice, making every lesson appear like if she was listening to a documentary; and that thought, made her feel like at home, or, at least, make him appear as educated and posed as her professor <<...and...those two might become the apple pie of victory for having managed to move here.>> she laughed while holding the two apples like proper trophies, before putting them in her bag.

She was about to walk away, before turning to face him again <<Uh... thanks again for your help, sir. I wish i could offer you a slice of cake, but i have to go. If you can... thank even your daughter>> with a kind smile and a wave, she walked to the counter "...now just the flour and butter..."

With those last few items on the brief shop list, Sarah thought that, if all would go well, she could be back home and to bake that deliciously delicious apple pie within two hours, already picturing herself making that treat in such a modern apartment...

Lucy Martin
Tagged: Dylan Murphy

He began to describe his place, at least she assumed it was what his place looked like, and Lucy could feel the star struck expression cross her face. It sounded like something she would see in a movie, but it was a place here, in the same building she was living in. The entire moment seemed plucked from the silver screen. His hand covering hers’, in this place, as they talked, as he asked her out was as if it had been scripted, meant to be seen others, while a romantic melody played in the background. It was her dream. Hearing him talk about it made her realize she was closer than she thought.

Before she even thought about it, the words came from her mouth. “I’d love to see it sometime.” Instantly she felt embarrassed and thought he might think she was pushing herself on him. “I mean,” she blurted out, attempting to recover the conversation. “I’d like to see it..first hand..you know.” She didn’t need a mirror to know she was blushing. The thought of being in his condo was a nice one, if she was being honest. It was a certain level of intimacy to see where someone lived. From what he had described, it was every bit what she thought his home would be.

“Maybe I could bring a bottle of wine or a plant or something.” She felt awkward adding that last part in. Her gaze fell to his hand over her own. He was still warm, and his hands were so soft. Did he use lotion? It probably cost more than she spent on food for a week. Wanting to change the tracks with her train of thoughts, she looked back up to him. “ You find it admirable that I’ve set out on my own like I have. You were a cop. I find that admirable. You put your life on the line for others, people you don’t even know. That’s true bravery. Sure you got paid for it, but that couldn’t possibly cover for things you could have lost. I thank you for your service. It takes a special man to do what you did.” Feeling better, more confident, Lucy decided to step out a bit further on the shaky limb she thought she was perched upon. “I meant what I said. A bottle of win sometime, maybe some cheese and crackers, a night taking in the sights of the evening sky. It’s another reason I love it here. The scenery. Sure we’ve got the smog, but not too far from the city is the most beautiful countryside you’ve ever seen. You see here we’re in the city, close to everything, but the country isn’t too far away. It’s easy to take a ride out there and just,” she took a deep breath, “breathe.” A smile spread across her face. “That’s something I’ve been telling myself to do a lot lately. Just breathe.”

Charlie (Sky) Winchester

Charlie took a moment, noticing the thinning crowds, to look inside her hat. She had a good take for the morning, so much so, that she began to think about how to spend some of her earnings. ‘Carrots. I’d love some carrots. Those won’t go bad out here, and I can eat from them for a little while. I could go inside and,’ her thoughts halted. ‘Me? Go inside this place for more than the bathroom?’ She sighed and looked out at all the people passing. ‘Why not? I’ve got money. So what if I don’t have a place to live?’ Putting Strings away in his tattered case, she snatched up her hat and took a bow. “Thank you ladies and gentlemen. I’ll be back. It’s time for a break.” She headed towards the door where Charlie was already shaking his head. “I can’t let you in. Come on. I’m already putting my job on the line by letting you in to use my bathroom.” Charlie tilted her head. “Come on Charlie. I’ve got money. Isn’t it good for the local economy if I go inside and spend some? Don’t you have an organic food store in there? I gotta eat, unless you’re gonna start bringing me food too. Plus ice cream Charlie! Do you know how long it’s been since I tasted the sweet, cold goodness that is ice cream? I could cool off in there, sit down for a minute, and buy some food, and then I’ll be out. Come on,” she nudged him. “You know you want to let me in. I won’t cause any trouble. I’ll say you were in the bathroom when I slipped in. Please Charlie. I just want to be like everybody else for a little bit. I spend my whole day, my whole life, not being like them. Let me be like them for a little bit.” She widened her eyes at him, smiling from ear to ear. It must have melted his heart because he opened the door and let her in. “Thanks Charlie,” she said, leaning up to kiss his cheek. It seemed more grand every time she went inside, but today there were other things on her mind. She looked through the glass doors where the strong aroma of coffee was filtering from. It was tempting, but no. She had other things on her mind. The sign on the wall told her what floors certain amenities were located at. Her eyes widened at the knowledge there was a library here. “Wow,” she whispered. “I’d love to spend some time in there. Ice cream. Yeah. That’s the ticket. Some of that, then this organic place.” With a nod, she headed off towards the ice cream shop.

As the door opened, she felt the rush of cold air and shivered slightly. There was someone at the counter already. That was fine. It would give her time to take in the place. She already knew what she wanted. Butter Pecan. It was her favorite growing up. Charlie carefully set Strings and his case down on a table and began to take off her coat. She pushed up her sleeves and spread her arms out, reveling in the cold. The weather outside was blistering, but it certainly wasn’t as comfortable as it was inside. “Aaaahhhhh,” she exhaled, loving the cold. Charlie liked it in here. Deciding she didn’t want to be on her feet, she sat down at the table Strings was on and waited. She was homeless, yes, but she wasn’t rude. There was no way she would jump in front of the girl already waiting. Besides this gave her more time to be inside, to really be a part of Gramercy.

Bryn Galenus
Tag: Cassie Gutierrez, Charlie Winchester.

There was a steady stream of customers as the day went on, building up to the evening rush. There was still a bit of time where there was little to no traffic or flow of ice cream lovers, allowing Bryn to catch a breath. He certainly could not handle the summer rushes by himself. He was just finishing sending off a young family with two toddlers when he saw Cassie approach the till next. He adjusted his rolled up sleeves and smiled, coming to the ordering section and looking her over.

Still in uniform, off a shift at the Bistro. He had seen her there before, in the evening hours after a shift. Bryn enjoyed his beers and steak every now and then. “Welcome to Creamery, what can I get ya?” He inquired, hands on the counter and leaning forward a bit, as if whatever Cassie had to say would be of great interest. He chuckled at her remark, reaching for the smallest of bowls despite her question. “Cones or a bowl, small or medium. Here, try a free sampler. If you like it, you can get more. Or try something else. Don’t take my word for it but I’d tell you all my ice cream is good.”

He popped a small scoop of the ice cream and stuck a small red plastic spoon in, handing it to her to try and see if it was worth the cost to her. He didn’t mind the free sampler. “I’m guessing you want a tub of that now to take home eh?” He joked when Cassie finally took a bite, hoping she did like it.

Another customer, a roughshod yet elegant looking girl, entered in after. For a moment he kept his eye on her, watching her enjoy the gust of cool wind that was no doubt contrasted to the heat smack outside the doors. It usually had an euphoric effect on some but that was not what caught his eye. He’d seen this woman before, though he couldn’t quite place her just yet in his mind. A customer? Of the…other variety?

He’d settle with it later, turning his attention back to Cassie. “You just moved in, did you not? How you liking the place? I’ve been a tenant here since before the redevelopment.” Bryn inquired of the barista, moving to fetch a cone or bowl and whatever flavour she desired.

Arthur Connington
Tag: Sarah Barkleys and later his daughter, Alice Connington.

"Wonderful, this is a nice calm place" Arthur nodded as the girl mumbled that she was new around those parts. "It's a safe one too, good neighborhood" he added, completely oblivious to the darker side of the Gramercy Plaza. "I guess that we father's can't help but worry" he added with a smile, trying not to think too much of how things were going for his daughter now that she was away. "Celebrations are in order then, have fun, don't let me take more of your time" Arthur nodded, "I will" he added, since explaining that encounter to his daughter would be easier than telling her about the one before.

Picking up his needed groceries, Arthur took his time to use the shopping bout to calm down, even if the event of the upcoming night wouldn't abandon his mind. Once home he left the laptop bag on the table, properly stored his absurdly pricey groceries, and fell down on the couch. "Come on, you got to do it" he encouraged himself, picking up his smartphone and tapping on his daughter's smiling face on the agenda.

"Hi dad, missing me too much?" a bright voice on the other side of the phone instantly made Arthur relax his features. Even in the distance, his daughter always soothed his mind.

"Always sweetie, but this is not the usual meddlesome dad call" he joked, knowing that he wasn't bearing the distance with his beloved daughter all that well, but still wanted to give her space without pushing her out of his life.

"Nothing bad I hope" she said, although Arthur's relaxed tone helped to keep her calm.

"No Alice, don't worry. It can be even good. It should be" Arthur promptly added. He decided to start with the easy part. "I stumbled upon a bit older than you girl on the Grotto, she seemed to not trust the place but I assured her that if you decided that the place was to be trusted it was safe. She's new around and told me to thank my daughter so..." he explained, Alice humming affirmatively on the other side all along.

"That's nice but... I know you dad, you didn't call me just for that, right?" Alice poked him through the phone, even if she was miles and miles away. "There must be something else" she assured.

"Well, the thing is that I was writing at the Bistro..." he started, omitting the reason why he was writing there and how empty the apartment felt without her. "When a waitress and me started talking" he made a small pause, but Alice didn't seem to be wanting to interrupt him. "Her name is Cassie and it happened quickly, I was way over my head and... well, we ended up arranging to meet tonight for some drinks" Arthur confessed.

"That's wonderful dad!" Alice yelled on the other side of the phone, sounding delighted. "Even if it's just some drinks you never know, I said you had to get out more" she said. "You are good looking and gentle, don't worry" she added, perhaps it was that what had him nervous.

"So... you are fine with it?" Arthur probed, perhaps looking for a way out.

"Of course I am! I should be the one making that question, not you! But I haven't met anyone yet" Alice laughed on the other side, a welcomed melody.

"Perfect then, I won't bother you longer then. And remember, studies first" Arthur added, dads being dads after all. "See you sweetie" he finished.

"I'll behave, see you dad!" Alice said, hanging the phone.

"Mpph, whowaz dat?" a sleepy voice asked from the sheets next to Alice, waking up too late to hear a thing.

"Sorry! My dad was all worried because he has some sort of date at last" she answered, diving under the sheets to be face to face to share her nakedness with the bare woman under them.

"That mature hunk from the pictures you have all around has troubles to get a date? That can't be, I'd date him" the woman said with a smirk.

"Ugh, gross, shut up" Alice laughed, sealing her lips with a kiss.

Miles away, Arthur was sitting on the couch looking at Alice's picture on the phone, not knowing if he had done it willingly or it was just a slip of his mind. After all, Arthur didn't tell Alice that Cassie seemed to be not much older than her.

Tag: No-one and none, later.

She glanced back at the elegant man a last time before grabbing the last few items on her shopping list and then going to the cashier that happily announced the total price to Sarah that, with a fake smile on her lips, extracted her wallet with nonchalance, "...never again..." .

Feeling lighter than when she walked into the shop and with the strange sensation of having just suffered from a fraud, she walked back to her new home, eyeing the new and fresh palaces, trying to see her new home and spot her balcony, feeling a deep sense of satisfaction and happiness growing in her rather flat chest.

The apartment's hall... the stairs... the potted trees and flowers... the elevator... it all felt and looked different now, now that she owned the right to use them and call them my home and use them when to say ...where i live...; even the door looked different, making her check the name-tag a couple more of times before putting the keys into the hole and opening it. A wide smile appeared on her face as she felt tears of joy to form in the corners of her eyes. <<...no... it's not the case...>> murmured her while adjusting her glasses.

With the uncertainess, Sarah moved to the kitchen, wondering where all the items would be, spending several minutes opening and closing drawers and sideboard's doors and, once she had all she needed in front of her eyes, she felt like in those popular TV shows that are so trendy right now, with fancy modern kitchens and unknowns people claiming to be chefs assembling crazy dishes in front of judges; she, instead, had in mind something that needed no titles... no judges... no crazy items...

With apple-skinning experience, matured in years of grandma-induced cookie-cake-pie making, Sarah prepared dough, apples and apple sauce, managing, not without a few troubles, to use the oven.

Twenty minutes. And a nervous look at the pale layer of dough.
Twenty more minutes. And another nervous look at the slightly swollen and yellow-er crust.
Twenty, almost dreadful minutes later. She opened the door, immediately slapped by the hot air filled with the unmistakable smell of cinnamon and apples.

Satisfied with her product, she left the pie to cold out, opting to take a shower, wondering if Jaz would like sweets and cakes. Suddently, the realization of not having bought alcoolics made her nervous, urging her to run into the shower to not think about it too much.

"Cassie Gutierrez"
Tagged: Bryn Galenus, Charlie

Cassie tasted it and it was amazing. She had always heard people talk about eating cookie dough and how some people would eat a whole batch of it instead of bake it into cookies. But only now did she begin to know why. It was absolutely scrumptious. A taste feast , rich and sweet at the same time. She swirled her tongue around it and let it melt slowly in her mouth. She savored each small spoonful, her face a mask of pure pleasure as if she were being carried to heaven.

She then realized she was in an ice cream shop and blushed "Oh my.. um yes I will take a cone of this for sure" In for a penny in for a pound sterling, or so her uncle often had said. "I am Cassie by the way, I will have to come in here more often! Well, a little more often, i don't want to get fat!" She smirked a little though she was in no danger of getting fat if she ate ice cream every day, at least it seemed from her petite frame.

She smiled when Charlie came in though she felt a little strange since she had asked such a strange question before. She explained whether Charlie was really listening or not "I, i am just going through some stuff, trying to find who i am you know.. sometimes i feel like i just don't know, like nothing makes any sense. I guess the ice cream will help , and i suppose having a few drinks tonight will help even more" She giggled. "Hopefully it works better than the Xanax that doesn't seem to do anything for me "

She stayed and chatted, after which she intended to pay and her ice cream cone and then head home, going up the elevator to the 5th then cutting across to the back staircase and going up to her real flat. It was probably time she check in and she needed to find something to wear for her hookup tonight.

Dylan Murphy
Tagged: Lucy Martin

Dylan grinned at her enthusiasm and put his hand atop hers again to calm her when she seemed to be concerned she had gone too much "I think it can be arranged. Don't worry, you are allowed to like me" he gave a broader grin. "I would love to have you up some time, for wine or whatever. You know there is a special rooftop area up there for the upper floor tenants. I mean you have to bring your own food and drink but its a really nice view. They make sure you cant see to any of the private rooftop areas of the penthouses of course."

"But anyhow you can get a really nice viw of the city from there and many miles beyond, who knows maybe even your parents place is visible from there depending from how far they are" he grinned "Of course with you working tonight it might not be the best night to go up there. Then again who knows"

"I am looking forward to picking you up at two. I should probably let you get back to work since it is getting close to then . I have a feeling we are going to hit it off very well"

He stared intently into her eyes, deeply. He would play it casually but not all his intentions were pure or innocent, he we after all a man and she was a young woman, even if she wasn't all dolled up at the moment, he could tell how attractive she was. She had a natural beauty about her. He definitely appreciated that, and knew others that did as well, some of his clients would admire her if he brought her along to a party at their place.

Charlie “Sky” Winchester
Tagged Cassie Gutierrez

The cold reverie she had become lost in was halted when she heard the soft voice. Opening her eyes, her smile grew. Charlie would never be angry with someone for wanting to chat. Most people avoided conversation with her. Sure there were the kind words here or there but actual conversation? Oh no. She was the scraggly homeless girl. Why would they want to chat with her? Yet here was this kind woman speaking to her. She didn’t want her to play. She didn’t want her life story. She just wanted to talk.

Charlie had watched her taste the sample. She had a euphoric on her face. It was the look of someone truly enjoying something. A cold drink on a hot day. Finally getting to rest your head after a long day. That first stretch when you awaken. Yeah. She had that same look on her face. Charlie had enjoyed it right along with her in her mind, closing her eyes and drinking it in. Now she looked in her direction while the man behind the counter prepared her order. “Stick to the ice cream,” she said. “It’ll help. It already has,” she mused, still able to recall her expression as she tasted it. “Drinks, Xanax they won’t work. Take it from me. Those things wear off, and what you’re running from is still there, right behind you. So eat this ice cream, let it soak in, take a deep breath, and relax. “ She looked away, fearful she may have gone too far or given away too much. With a deep breath, she continued, telling her, “It’s okay nothing makes sense right now. It happens. Times like that are when things are readjusting, coming back into focus, but never forget who you are. You know exactly who you are. Sure it can get lost in the mess, but who you are is still there. Maybe it got hidden by all the crap in the world or by the faces you were made to wear your whole life, but it’s still there. All you gotta do is eat some ice cream, relax, take a deep breath, and you’ll find her.”

She watched her, hoping her advice could help. If nothing else, she hoped the girl would stay away from the booze and pills. Charlie knew it wouldn’t help, and she had the scars to prove it. A hand moved slowly up one arm, feeling the chill and remembering the scars. Her other arm carried them as well. Ancient history she reminded herself. Ancient history.

Lucy Martin
Location” The GPC – Split Bean
Tagged: Dylan Murphy

It’s okay. His words let her know it was okay, and that he knew how she felt. All the jitters in her voice she feared he might hear, the star struck look in her eyes, the slight tremble in her hand when he touched hers’, he had noticed it all, and it was okay. She smiled, relieved. “That sounds….lovely,” she told him. “Except I’ll never be able to see where my parents live. I mean it’s so far away, but I think the view will be just fine despite that.” Of course it would be. She already knew that. Her parents would not be who she was looking for. The skyline would be breathtaking, of course, but again, that would not be what she would want to see. It was him.

His gaze burned through her. No one had ever been able to do that before. ‘Why this man,’ she wondered. Of course he was attractive. That part was apparent, but there was something else about him, something that seemed to lurk just beneath the surface. His words were fresh in her ears, and she knew he was right. Standing up, she felt his hand slip from hers’. It was not what she wanted, but he clearly could not stay with her the rest of the day. “I don’t know,” she said. “I mean if it’s not too cloudy we could take in that view tonight. Of course, there still is your place that I’d like to see. Either one sounds like a great evening to me. I mean as long as you’re there I could,” she paused, feeling that familiar burn in her cheeks. “What I meant to say was I think we will hit off just fine.” There was no need to try and recover. The statement had been made, and she was sure he already knew how she felt. After a quick look over her shoulder, she looked back to him and those eyes, those eyes that saw right through her. “Two it is then, and I’ll even treat you at the pizza place. A couple of slices and something cold to drink for you when we get there. Sound good?”

“LUCY!” The voice rang out from behind the counter. Her eyes widened. “Oh. I gotta go. Two o’clock,” she said, holding up two fingers as she backed her way towards the counter, hoping that the world would remain as perfect as it was now, and he would be there.

Bryn Galenus
Tag: Cassie Gutierrez, Charlie Winchester.

Ice cream had an euphoric effect on people. Bryn watched with a satisfied smile at the look and reaction that came out of the pretty girl before him. More specifically, he watched with raised eyebrows at how her tongue ensured not a single inch of the delicious snack was missed, twirling and tickling the spoon. Of course it roped her in for more and Bryn grabbed her a nice waffle cone before he began to pack it down with more of the cookie dough flavour. Cassie. A beautiful name for a beautiful face, the second today. It was turning to be a good day.

“Hah, I’ll be sure to keep you on a short leash then! Nice to meet you, Cassie. I’m Bryn, the humble proprietor of this ice cream store.” He introduced himself, before letting Cassie explain more about her situation. He had heard such statements before, of people wanting to find themselves, needing...certain substances to help guide them. He wondered if Cassie might become a regular customer of his other store. Perhaps not. But the girl behind seemed to know a thing or two about xanax and its effects.

Or about wearing masks in life. Now that was eyebrow raising. Bryn was wearing a mask right now, that of an ice cream seller, rather than the real person he was behind.

“Enjoy.” He said to Cassie, handing her the cone. He nodded then to Charlie, indicating she could come forward. “And what for the mighty Philosopher-Queen then eh? You seem like a white chocolate kind of gal to me.” He mused, coming to the ordering side of the counter, arms against it as he looked the new girl over again. She seemed somewhat roughshod but that was nothing new or uncommon to Bryn. She had been through alot clearly, having spoken her advice with the conviction of someone who done it. “I might have to steal that, you know. Better than prescription drugs, all you gotta do is eat some ice cream and take a deep breath. What can I get for you, love?”

Charlie “Sky” Winchester
Tagged : Bryn

She stepped forward, forcing a smile. “Philosopher-Queen. Makes me think of Elizabeth 1. You know during the 1580s she shed a lot of things. Swords, high drama, all of that went away. She chose to set forth the image of this philosopher-queen,” she raised her eyebrows at the words and her smile grew. “this learned queen, whose studies would transcend myopic sectarian division. It helped her a lot in the 1580s and 1590s, but I’m sure that’s not what you meant when you called me that. It was just a name.”

She stepped closer to the counter and let her hands rest easily upon the cold surface. “White chocolate. Really? I seem like that kind of girl? I never imagined that.” Her fingers came up to scratch at her chin. “Oh well,” she said softly with a shrug. “The last surveys I saw said that chocolate and vanilla were the most popular flavors. Granted that’s been some time ago, so I’m sure it’s changed by now. With the introduction of so many flavors these days, like White chocolate,” she mused, her smile becoming more genuine. Charlie had been given a decent education. Her family could afford it. It was one of the things they wanted for her that she didn’t disagree to or loathe them for.

“I grew up further south from here. You know down there they like their sweet tea, fried chicken, apple pies, and banana puddings,” she told him, speaking in a pronounced southern accent she had managed to lose. “I’ve let my accent slip as I’ve been….living abroad you might say. My point is, we like our butter pecan ice cream in the south, and that’s the kind of gal I am. So if you don’t mind a cone of that would be peachy.” Charlie had thought about going into which regions preferred what, but in this case, she thought it best to just get right to the point. She had already rambled with her philiosher-queen remarks. “Oh and go ahead and use that slogan if you want. I’ll take a cone of butter pecan daily as payment,” she teased. Sure money would have been better, if Charlie would just go home, money would no longer be an issue.

She gave him a quick look over, trying not to be too oblivious. “Bryn. Nice to meet you. I overheard you telling the girl before your name. Sky. Nice to meet you.”We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing our own skin. Andre Berthiaume said that. So tell me, which mask are you wearing? The owner scooping up ice cream in a place like this? I know you’ve got people for that. All people like you have people like that. People to do what they want them to. People to do the work. You’re the owner. You’ve got money. You’ve got people. So why the mask of just a common employee? I’m sure there’s nothing common about you.”

Saoirse Quinn
Tagged: Herself/ Staff of Larry's

Taking the elevator back up to her room she let herself into her apartment and put her ice cream in the freezer. Carrying the other carton into the bathroom she sat it on the counter and went to collect her bong and lighter. Stripping down she stretched languorously in front of the mirror and smiled at the way her chest heaved skyward as she arched her back. "Damn you look good naked." She said to her reflection blowing herself a kiss.

Opening the container she removed the bag inside and opened it the smell hitting her hard. "Mmm, you smell so lovely." She complimented the product inside. It looked good too. Breaking off a chunk from one of the buds she broke it down and packed the bowl. Before smoking she turned on the shower and set the water to straight hot letting the steam start to fill the room. While the room filled with steam she took a huge hit and coughed as she exhaled. Between the coughing she spoke. "Cough to get off," in a sing song voice, "Bryn wasn't kidding, this is some good shit."

With a few more hits and more coughing Saoirse felt herself get especially stoned. "To the moon!" She giggled and ran her hands over her tingling face. "I will have to thank him for this batch." Sitting her bong far back on the sink counter she adjusted the temperature of the water to something she could actually bath in and got inside. She made the shower a quick affair washing her hair and body in just a few minutes and instead of enjoying the hot water got out. Drying off she grabbed her stuff from the counter and went to her room.

Putting on a random playlist she laid out across her bed looking up at the ceiling with a content grin on her face. After a few minutes of daydreaming her hands started to roam over her naked body, skinny fingers delicately tracing mindless patterns over her stomach. "I need to get laid." She grumbled to herself thinking about how long it had been since the last time she was with someone. It had been over a month and she needed to break that dry spell. "I should see about finding me a cute, willing girly to bring back home with me, maybe Breslin from work. Is she into girls?" As she mused her hands moved up her tummy to her full breasts, cupping and fondling them until her light pink nipple stood erect. Pinching them she let out a soft gasp and shuddered at the shock it sent down her body. "Definitely need to get laid."

One of the more annoying/pleasant side effects of her smoking habit was it made her horny, really horny. Lowering her right hand to between her legs she pressed her fingers against her clit and rubbed herself in a slow, pleasurable rhythm a soft mewl coming from her lips. As she rubbed herself her left hand worked more vigorously on her breast kneeding the soft flesh and teasing her aching nipple. It wasn't long before her breaths were coming in ragged gasps and her body twitched and writhed under her own teasing. Soon the gasps escalated into moans, and her hips bucked under her fingers. With a shuddering cry Saoirse hit her peak and slowed her fingers to ride out the waves of her self induced orgasm. Satisfied as well as she could be with only herself she rolled to her side and looked at the clock. She still had a couple hours before her shift.

Reaching over she set the alarm and drifted into a very content nap.

The annoying buzz of her alarm woke Saoirse and she stretched with a groan. "Time for the daily grind." She mumbled rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Rolling from the bed she went to her dresser and pulled out her work uniform, a pair of houndstooth chef pants and a Larry's tee-shirt. Putting on a simple white bra that was her most comfortable and matching panties she donned the outfit and a pair of well worn sneakers. Pulling her hair into a high ponytail she grabbed her wallet and keys.

Heading down to the lobby she exited the plaza into the attached parking garage and got into her car, a dark green 2000 Honda Civic. Staring it up she turned her music on way to loud and left the garage. The restaurant was only five miles away and she got there in a few minutes. Parking around back she locked up the car and went in through the back door going to the time clock to punch in and look at the schedule. She smiled at the lineup she was working with today. "Good crew." She committed happily. Walking around the the wall the lead from the office to the back of the kitchen she yelled out to the group of workers already on the line getting ready for the evenings work. "MY COCK IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOURS!" Which was met with an instant reply from everyone. "MY COCK CAN WALK RIGHT THOUGH THE DOOR!" "WITH A FEELING SO PURE!" Soon the whole kitchen was singing along with the Saoirse before breaking into a fit of laughter. "How's it going Baby Cakes?" A tall skinny guy in his mid twenties, with shaggy blonde hair held down under a ball cap asked.
"It's good Fat Fuck, how's it hanging?"
"Can't complain."
"Good, cause if you did I would have to call you a bitch and ignore you."
"You're so cold Baby Cakes."
"Saoirse, I need you in my office." A deep voice called from behind.

With a sigh Saoirse left the line and went to Larry's office. A portly man with thinning dark hair and a ready smile greeted her around the corner. "Got some new blood for you." He said stepping aside to reveal a kid of average height and build with large dark eyes and short cut black hair. He was filling out the last of some paper work and looked up at being mentioned. Upon seeing Saoirse he stopped and stared for a minute. A cat like grin curled the corner of Saoirse's lips at the reaction she got from him. "I'm Saoirse, and you are?" "Uhh...N-Nate." Her grin grew just a fraction. "It's nice to meet you N-Nate." Finish that up so I can show you about the kitchen.

It only took the boy, that was how Saoirse saw him, he couldn't have been older than nineteen to finish his paper work and step out of the office. Wrapping and arm around his shoulder she pulled him to her side causing him to let out a strangled sound and blush. Leading him around the corner she waved her hand out presenting the kitchen to him. "This is my Queendom, here I am boss bitch and head motherfucker in charge. These are my peons." She lead Nate to the line and the crew stopped what they were doing to face her.

"At the broil station is Teen Wolf." A man not much older than Nate grinned and gave a slight wave. He was taller than Nate and his face held a thick beard, even though it was shaved close it was exceptionally full. "Got his name for all the hair obviously."

"On the Grill is Fat Fuck." Fat Fuck nodded to Nate and turned back to his grill to flip some chicken breasts. "Fat Fuck here is kind of a local legend. Every restaurant in the area that has an eating challenge this bastard has done it. I watched him eat a five pound burger with quarter pound of fries in under thirty minutes and celebrated with a fucking milkshake after.

"Fry station is manned by Baby Grandpa." The clean shaven man shook his head and before Saoirse could explain how he got his name he pulled off his hat and brushed back his hair revealing a very high hair line. "I don't have a receding hairline, I have an advancing forehead." He joked before pulling his cap back on

"Saute and Salad is being run by Ricky Ricardo." A young Hispanic man who greatly resembled Desi Arnaz flashed a brilliant, Rembrandt smile. "Nice to meet you man." He greeted.

"On board, which is where we make the setups of sandwiches we got Meatwad." The cubby guy with brown hair and eyes grinned and waved.

"And finally on window is yours truly, by the way, everyone calls me Baby Cakes. You will be working on the grill with Fat Fuck today." Turning to look at the skinny man she cut him a glare. "Don't eat the new guy you hungry bastard." "Got it Baby Cakes, keep the cannibalism to only the old crew."

It didn't take long for the shift to start picking up and Saoirse fell into her groove, keeping the tickets flowing from the kitchen, trusting her crew to have everything ready for her when she needed it. The dinner rush hit them hard and she was pleased that the new guy was able to keep his cool under the pressure of $6,000 hours.

Tag: Library guests, Bryn, Sky

Time flew by while Jaz was reading up on a tribe in Cambodia. They left a young girl that had come of age in a hut every night. Single men would compete to be allowed a night with the young woman, spending the night trying to convince her to accept him as husband. After a night of whatever sexual encounters they had, the young woman would announce either her acceptance of him, or a new competition would start again that night, this time without the rejected male. The ritual repeated until the woman finally agreed to a pairing.

Speculating and imaging numerous scene’s of the ritual, her pen tapped nervously over a written list of questions she wanted answered, her crossed leg hopping restless under the desk. She absently looked over at her phone and saw the time.

“Crap crap crap..,” Jasmine muttered under her breath, getting up and packing her things together as fast as she was able. It was already getting late, and she was going to be lucky if she made it to the ice cream shop before it closed.

She could do it, she thought to herself and quickly tossed all her things together, darting out the library as fast as she could without breaking into a run.

While she made the trip home, Jasmine thought she might buy some ice cream at the Creamery. Her favorite was mint chocolate chip, but she wanted a little something to celebrate with her new roommate. She should have thought to code Sarah’s number into her phone so she could find out what she liked but since she hadn’t, it was probably best to grab some vanilla...everyone liked vanilla flavor. She would ask about the opening after making her purchase.

She made it to the GCC’s outside entrance and checked the big clock above the jewelry store across the street. She was just in time. The night air was starting to ease the heat of the day and Jaz took a few deep calming breaths before opening the door and walking in.

She took a quick glance around to make sure the Help Wanted sign was still in place and approached the counter. There was the young owner standing behind the desk. She knew he lived in the building because she had passed him a few times in the lobby, but it wasn’t like she had lived at The Gramercy for very long yet, and she hadn’t really connected with any of the neighbors. She was hoping this job might help her get to know a few of them.

He was serving a young woman she instantly recognized as the girl that played her violin out on the corner. Jasmine could hear the notes of her sometimes lively, sometimes haunting music when she took the time to remember. She was happy to see her inside for once. Jaz had always wanted to play an instrument, had even given it a go when she was in junior high, but she had to quickly admit to herself that she hadn't a musical bone in her entire body. She could enjoy it though.

Jasmine returned the smiles she received when they turned to her, giving an awkward little finger wave and then spent the rest of her waiting time looking around and taking in well designed shop. She really did like the cheerful place and hoped she would get the job.

Dylan Murphy

Dylan left her at the Split Bean. He needed to get a little work done. Part of his work was helping to assess and shore up security in and around the Gramercy Park Condominiums. Not so much focused on graffiti or muggings, though such things were important, but access to the building , it's units, and the privacy of the tenants.

He actually had more than one client for this work. The first of course as through his female friend who was on the GPC Board. He had worked for several of her companies and helped ensure her privacy in a number of indiscreet or unfortunate situations she or her employees might have found themselves in from time to time. Of course, sometimes she used him to help put people into such compromising positions, but that was rare and always in good taste, or so he told himself.

However he had other, less public clients, who were even more concerned with privacy. Their activities weren't merely grey areas or morally iffy, but often time dangerous and even entirely illegal . Generally , he didn't want to know everything they were doing, or even which units it was happening in. His mandate was to see to it that the people in the GPC had their privacy, barring a full all out Federal effort complete with warrants and the like, and to monitor the comings and goings of people to make sure no one on the inside was trying to do the same thing. For all Dylan knew, the clients daughter lived in the building and they wanted to make sure no pervs were taking webcam pics. Regardless, Dylan's methods had always been succeful in the past.

Step 1 was getting to know the lay of the land. Where did you have underground access and what was the interface between those and the building spaces. Could wires be kept out , could signals be kept in.

Step 2 was to know the people, learn who belonged and who didn't, and to recruit watchers. A lot of security experts would tell you to roust the homeless in the area, but that was counter productive. Then you would have new people there in a few days . Better to stabilize that population rather than make it more transient. Homeless folks were some of his best watchers in other projects. Also good were people who worked at newstands, food trucks. They would get to know who belonged in a neighborhood, and who didn't. Who was out of place. Who acted strangely.

Of course, a certain number of those people are going to be found anywhere in a city, but if they keep showing up, or their interest is focused on one place, then there is a problem .

He already had a few watchers in this area, including the garish Taco Truck "Por Su Boca" - For your Mouth. He also let them know he was recruiting a few more homeless into his program and he had codewords for each of them, they could use that codeword to get free meals , of course for which Dylan would pay in advance.

However, the one he had been most interested in recruiting was a street performer, a haunted looking woman who played the violin. It was probably better she wasn't around now though. Checking his watch , he confirmed he would need to pick up Lucy in a few minutes, and he definitely did not want to be late for that. Though most today used only their smartphones and eschewed watches, he had gotten used to them in the Marines and as a cop. Today he was wearing his "standard issue" a Hamilton Khaki Field watch . It had clean lines and a casual yet professional feel with black and white face, silver body and chestnut leather strap. It was also just about unbreakable.

He went back to his place to grab a blaze/ He checked a couple of messages on the machine, disgusted that they were as always mostly dial-spam. His private number at home he used a white-list system that kept out most bad callers, but for the work line, one had to take every call if one wanted to get business

Finally he went back down to the Split Bean r and waited for Lucy to get off shift, not wanting to get there too early lest Lucy's impatient manager become testy with her.

Bryn Galenus
Tag: Charle “Sky” Winchester

“Thank you for the history lesson!” Bryn said with a chuckle, corner of his lips jutted in a wide smile. “I was only kidding. Not much a man can do in an ice cream shop except think and daydream, but you just blew me out of the water on that. I’ll have to step my game up.” He said, getting his scooper ready. The girl certainly knew a lot despite her ragtag appearance, though Bryn knew better than to judge a book by the cover. She had brains, this one.

“Butter pecan it is. I’ll tell you what. For the marketing tip, the first cone is free. Doubly so for the history lecture. Keep it coming daily and you might just get your reward daily.” Bryn said with a wink, getting her a waffle cone with some decent sized scoops. “From down south eh? How’d you wind up here?” He inquired as he offered her the cone over the counter, not even ringing it up at the till. Well he would but he wouldn’t take money from her. He would funnel the actual profits in through his side business.

“Nice to meet you too, Sky-“ Bryn began to say, before the girl went off on a tangent. What mask are you wearing? Something about that statement made him pause and falter in thought and heartbeat. He felt that Sky knew something, something about him and his business. Yet how? I never done business with her before. Someone must be talking. She didn’t seem like a nark or a cop in any way. “Maybe I just like ice cream.” Bryn said, the man who had never had any ice cream himself this entire year. Working around it all his life gave him a considerable disdain of it, though he wouldn’t lie there were nights where he binged ate a tub because he was high as fuck. But that didn’t count.

“Maybe I just like being mysterious too. Maybe the mask of an ice cream retailer covers the other mask I wear. But what is one’s true face in the end? Maybe you’re wearing a mask right now, one of a street girl, knowing things a street girl wouldn’t. Maybe I just like working. The devil makes use for idle hands, they say. I like to keep mine busy. Otherwise…” Bryn said, fixing the girl, and the girl behind her somewhat, with a flirtatious smirk. “Otherwise they’d go up places they shouldn’t go. Enjoy the ice cream and come again.” Bryn hoped she would. She was an interesting conversationalist. I wonder how interesting and deep she’d go if she got high? Of course he couldn’t discuss, nor would he, with another unknown in the store. There was another customer behind and as much as he’d love to chat, he couldn’t hold up the line either.

Arthur Connington
Location: His apartment, 901 and by the end in route to the private gym of the apartment building.
Tag: -

Wanting to find some distraction Arthur both fired his laptop on and grabbed an apple to much on while he looked at the blank page. He normally worked on several stories at once, letting himself fantasize and kind of allowing the most interesting story to grab his attention at every moment. That way he jumped from setting to setting, from character to character, skipping from one mindset to another. Leaning over the keyboard, he thought of what he wanted to write, but his head was empty of fiction and full of the incoming date, if one could call it that, he wasn't even sure.

Prince Xavier roamed the halls of the castle, guards slightly bowing their heads at he went through. It was hard to think of it as his castle, as it had always been father's, but with him finally dead he was in charge, free of the old man's ambitions and restrictions. He could tackle the troubles of the kingdom, and pay attention to the needs of the people, but his mind returned over and over to her stepsister, the daughter of the late queen, Cassandra. His father had married again late in life with a noblewoman of a neighboring kingdom, a most political affair to add stability to the region, and yet the marriage didn't last long as she was a frail and sickly woman. That left them with her daughter, a few years younger than him. "Speak of the devil" Xavier muttered, noticing her mischievous smile painted all over her face as she noticed him walking the halls in her direction. "Good morning your highness, my king, my brother..." she said, clearly amused at her own antics even if the funeral for the king was that afternoon. Xavier looked at her and returned the smile, about to greet her. "Good morning Cassie-"

Arthur stopped, backing off the laptop as it was a rattlesnake. He never used names of people he knew on his stories, and yet now he was doing so before he noticed it. Damn, that was bad, very bad as there was no way to focus on his writing at the moment. Finishing the apple, Arthur decided that he needed activity to clear his mind before anything else. Going into his bedroom, he soon sorted out a sports bag with everything he needed and headed to the building's own private gym.

Charlie “Sky” Winchester
Tagged : Bryn, Jasmine

She didn’t want to make him feel alienated. That seemed to come easy at times. At first, she thought she had, but then she noticed something. A smile. Most people who were annoyed didn’t smile like that. He was okay, she resolved, and returned his smile. While he scooped, she couldn’t help but laugh at his words. “So let me guess. First one’s free? That kind of set up? I’ve heard those words before. That’s how they hook you. Give you a freebie because they know they’ve got you addicted. Is your sweet treat that good,” she teased. Her smile faltered as he asked how she had ended up here. “Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. We are what we chose to be. Graham Brown said that. My choices are how I ended up here. Everybody’s got a story to tell. I’m sure lots of people spill their tales over chocolate and vanilla.” She laughed, trying to keep the mood light.

He faltered. She found it strange. He seemed so confident, and yet as she spoke of masks….he faltered. ‘Probably nothing,’ she thought, her eyes flinting from the growing mound of sweet goodness to his face. ‘Was it something I said?’ She couldn’t leave it alone in her mind, but she was smart enough not to ask. Then, as easily as his hand had formed this perfect cone, he turned the tables on her. She had to admit his words had caught her off guard. Her hands reached for the treat, giving him a friendly nod. “We all wear masks,” she said. “As for those idle hands of yours’,” I think you’re doing just fine with them. If you’re serious, you can bet your sweet treats,” she winked, “I’ll be back.”

Charlie turned and only then did she take note of the girl behind her. She honestly hadn’t heard her come in, as she was so entranced by the pending deliciousness that was now in her hand. Her eyes glanced down to the help wanted sign. “Good luck with that,” she told her. “I haven’t had much luck around these parts myself.” She lifted the cone in a ‘cheers’ gesture before grabbing Strings and heading out. She had thought about going to The Green Grotto, but the library was calling her name. Her conversation with Bryn was urging her to becomes lost amid the pages of a good book. She knew she should get out of the building, but how many chances did she truly get to be inside a library. ‘Who knows? Maybe they sell books in there too. This is a nice place after all. I can hope.’ With her thoughts soaring, she made her way towards the library, excited about being around books again.

Tag: Sky, Bryn

Jasmine watched as the man behind the counter gave the violinist a free cone and stood talking with her a few minutes. She liked the fact that he was so friendly and personable. It reassured her that she was in the right place and applying for the right job. Jaz had always avoided doing business in shops and other establishments where you were lucky if a person took the time to look you in the eyes while serving you.

She smiled warmly to the girl as she passed on her way out and approached the desk herself. “Hi! I was wondering who to speak to about the Help Wanted sign?” she started, tilting her head back to look up at the stylish, if a little roguish, looking man standing and waiting for her to order.

“My name in Jasmine Calliwell and I was hoping I might be able to apply for the job position,” Jaz kept going before the poor guy had a chance to answer her, babbling like she always did when she felt nervous. She knew what she was doing but couldn’t seem to stop and just hoped she didn’t make a complete fool of herself.

“Well that is if it’s a part time position, and they are willing to give me a little training. I mean, I worked in a little corner store when I was young, well...I’m still young of course, I meant younger... but I’ve never stood in an ice cream shop before.” Jaz hooked an escaped strand of hair behind her ear and looked around to make sure she wasn’t stopping anyone from being served, but they were currently alone in the small shop and it didn’t look like anyone was about to enter and save her from herself.

“I live in the building to, well only on the second floor but I really do love it here. I’ve seen you in the lobby a few times, so I guessed that you live here. The apartments are amazing aren’t they!! And the pool! I would spend all my time doing laps if I had any extra. The moment I arrived I knew I had to live her. But yeah...since I’m still in Uni I kind of need a second job to...umm..anyway,” blushing and grimacing a little as she saw the corner of his mouth lifting in a slight smile, waiting she supposed for a break in her road runner conversation, for the chance to answer one of her many questions. Taking a long breath she smiled back and shook her head a little, finally able to put a stop to herself.

“Damn...I’m really sorry...it’s a bad habit. I can go on and on when I get a little anxious...can I start this one more time please?” holding out her hand, she started over, this time making sure not to overwhelm him with her incessant chatter. “Hi! I’m Jaz, and I’d like to apply for a job here.”

"Cassie Gutierrez"
Time: About 3 PM "Day 1"
Tagged:

"Cassie" sighed. Now that she had eaten the ice cream , the boost was short lived, plus she felt fat. And she knew she could not go down to the gym. Her ID would reveal her true identity, as would her expensive work out gear. She had a small workout area in her place, it was up on a sound and vibration proof platform so as not to bother someone else. It was very helpful, and it was nice they could afford it. She realized it probably cost as much to do that for her work out area as many people spent on a used car. She sighed, feeling guilty about that as well.

Cassie hit the eliptical hard, until the machinery was making plaintiff clangs and creakis She pushed up the resistance and pushed herself harder. Soon she was covered with a sheen of sweat and her cares melted away. She had not worked out this hard for quite awhile, maybe it would be part of her new routine.

She got off and then did some free weights and then some yoga, and afterwards she hit the shower. As the water hit her, she let her mind wander. She wondered if she could keep up appearances of this ruse. More importantly though, she wondered if she did the right thing with asking him out for drinks. Was she being a slut, especially if she was hoping for more than just drinks? Was he even interested? She had never looked at it before from the guy's point of view! Asking someone out was fraught with peril.

She got out and looked at herself in the non-fog mirror after drying herself. Her body was taut and smooth, she supposed she looked good, but why did she feel so worthless? Except when she was talking to guys, like Arthur. Or the owner of the Ice cream place. She had seen him before at the bar but she had been too shy in the past to talk to him. But maybe she would seek him out the next time, especially if things did not go well with Arthur.

She considered taking a naked selfie and sending it to Arthur. But she wasn't that kind of girl and worse, she was pretty sure he would be very shocked and even turned off a bit were she to be so obvious.

Bryn Galenus
Tag: Charle “Sky” Winchester, Jasmine Calliwell

“You’ve done this before clearly. Though, for story telling, there is a pretty little place across the plaza where one might do that over a drink of choice. You go there often? Maybe I’ll see you there.” Bryn asked with a wide grin, quite enjoying the cat and mouse. He figured Sky did know about his other business and was smart enough to make an introduction before actually purchasing anything. And especially not in front of other strangers like the girl behind her. But is she into the softer stuff or the harder stuff? Bryn tried to look over the girl again, looking for the telltale signs of drug use, though there was little to be glimpsed at all.

He looked down at his hands and grinned, shrugging his impressive shoulders. They ought to be on the soft, delicate tones of a woman than on ice cream. “They could be doing better. Enjoy the ice cream and I hope to see you again, Sky.” He bid in farewell and watched her depart after sharing a few choice words with the other girl, whom he saw was carrying his HELP WANTED sign. Oh? How very interesting.

To her first question about who to speak to, he simply patted his chest and continued smiling at the girl, letting her introduce herself. She seemed quite nervous and he realized this was another newcomer to the Plaza recently, recognizing her from earlier occasions. She was quite pretty, in the same vein as most of the girls who came in here. Her pitch for the job was amusing and yet full of conviction. “Well I hope your first time in one lives up to the expectation.” He answered her in a short break in her remarks, before she confirmed his suspicion that she was indeed a resident, which increased her suitability for the job. She lived very close by, seemed dedicated and eager for work. Bryn could definitely use her, his smile wide in agreement with her as she praised the various benefits of the apartment complex.

Bryn reached out and shook her hand with his own, firm and yet not forceful or domineering. She had such a soft hand too, perfect for this job. “My name is Bryn Gallenus. I’m the owner of Creamery Cones. Don’t fret too much, you’re doing fine. Come, have a seat.” He offered, gesturing to a nearby booth as he came around the counter and took his own seat. The store was empty so he had a few minutes to kill. He sat down and waited for Jasmine to join him.

“Well first I’ll tell you a little about the business.” Bryn said. “It’s a family business, started by my grandfather, and then run by my mother, and now me. It’s generally simple and straight forward work. A customer comes in, tells you what they want, you give it to them and ring them through. There’s not much training involved and if you worked in a store, any store, you already will be aware of the basic necessities. You smile, you’re cheerful, and no eating product in front of customers. When the store’s empty, you can gorge yourself however you like.” Bryn chuckled, waving his hand dismissively at the same time.

“What I’m looking for is indeed part time work but my reason for needing another employee is…well, you’ve said it yourself. If I had more time, I’d take advantage of all the extras here, like the pool, the gym, the bar. I work here six days a week from start to close. I need someone to help me say…Thursday through to Saturday during the busy hours. If you can handle it, I’d love to have you. We’ll work together for the first few weeks but as you grow and learn, you’ll be running things all on your own.”

It was doubtful, as Bryn was sure no one would like to give up their weekend to work. But money was money and people needed work. He’d understand if Jasmine wasn’t up for it, though he’d enjoy having her, a pretty face in addition to his own. He smiled and folded his hands, watching her intently with light eyes and waiting for her response.

Lucy Martin
Tagged : Dylan
Time: 2pm
Lucy spotted him the second he came in. As the time had neared 2, she began to watch for him, waiting, afraid he wouldn’t show up, but there he was, looking even more handsome than he had earlier. With a huge smile plastered across her face, she untied her apron and placed it on a hook by the entrance to behind the counter. “I’m out,” she yelled to her manager. A resounding, “Okay Lucy. See you tomorrow. Don’t work too hard.” It was the same thing she heard from her manager every time she left work, word for word. She looked over her shoulder, wanting to make sure he heard her, and yelled, “Alright.” They had a good working relationship. That was important to her. A job can be tough enough, stressful enough. She didn’t want to add to that by having problems with her boss or the two of them not liking each other. Beyond the doors of The Split Bean, the two of them barely spoke. She wasn’t even sure if he lived in the building or not. The only thing she knew for sure was he had an interesting name. Maze.

She stepped from behind the counter, her hips swaying slightly as she walked towards him. Her heart seemed to beat a bit faster. Did it do that before when she met him? As she stopped in front of him, she was sure it had. “Hi,” she said to him, raising her hand to wave at him, shyly. “It’s good to see you. Again. You look,” she began, her eyes sweeping over him, “great. Nice watch. It’s good to see one like that. With all the technology, with the fitbits and smart watches, it’s great to see one like this.” She wondered, ‘am I rambling?’ Aware of the time, she gestured towards the door. “I guess we should go. Can’t be late and all. I could lose my job, and if I do that, I’ll have to find another one.” Not wanting to seem rude, Lucy waited for him to move first. “Hold the door for a lady?”

Charlie (Sky) Winchester
Tags: None
There is no “perfect’ in music. If I were ever to come off the stage feeling that the performance could not have been better, it would then be time to quit.

She read the quote in the book and wrinkled her now. “Yeah dad. You always did have a way with words.”

Leonard Winchester is an American conductor, author, and composer. He was born in Georgia. No one in his family had displayed musical talent. At a young age, he presented talents far beyond his years. He would go on to attend Julliard, graduating with high honors. It was there he also met his wife, Beth Cohen. A famed pianist, the two were instantly inseparable. Leonard was offered an esteemed position with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, where he remained until two years ago. Tragically he passed, leaving behind his loving wife and estranged daughter Charlie Winchester.

She looked up from the book, her nose wrinkled once more. ‘Estranged daughter. I’m surprised they even put my name in there. Wonder what people would think if they knew dear old dad wanted a boy so bad that he had the name picked out before I was born, and even after I was born he kept it. Wonder what they would say if they dad was so happy when I started to play as young as he did, and then he pushed me to practice every day, for hours on end. ‘ She looked back down at the book, at the picture of him standing there, dressed in black, baton waving as he worked. He looked so focused, so serious. She never understood that. To her, music was fun. He carried to a place she didn’t want to go. ‘You’re the reason I ran away you know? If you had just backed off and let me have a life, I would have stayed. I loved you. I just….didn’t love….how you wanted me to see music. ‘

Her mind drifted to the day she went home for his funeral. All those people dressed to the nines looking at her as she walked through the house, looking much like she did right now. Her mother stopping her, looking at her with no words, as if she were a stranger. “Where is it,” she asked her. “In his collection room, but Charlie you can’t,” she began as her daughter walked past her. His collection room was a place she was never allowed in. He wasn’t there to stop her now. “She opened the heavy, once locked door and stepped inside. The smell of him was heavy. It brought a tears to her eyes. There, on a shelf, she saw it. He had it in the case, opened, with a picture of her in a frame next to it. ‘He really did care,’ she thought as her fingertips traced the frame. “Charlie you can’t take it.” Quickly she turned to face her mother, now standing in the doorway. “Watch me. He made me practice on this thing most of my life. It’s mine. It’s all I left of him. The memories, the know how, and this. You won’t keep me from it.” Charlie turned around, closed the case softly, and picked it up. “Strings is mine.” She slowly approached her mother. “I don’t wanna fight with you. I love you. I really do.” Her mother’s cold eyes wouldn’t even meet hers’. Charlie shook her head, wanting to scream at her mother, but instead she pushed past her once more, for the last time. ‘She didn’t even ask me to stay,’ she thought as she allowed the book to fall open on the floor in front of her. Drawing her knees up to her chest, Charlie rested her arms and head on them.

Dylan Murphy
Time: 2PM

Dylan grinned at the young lady, he could tell she seemed prone to nervousness. He took her hand and squeezed it , looking her deep in the eyes with a crooked grin. "It's ok , I like the sound of your voice. " At that he held the door for her. He was glad she didn't mind it, he had dated a woman the week before , Darla, who was great except every time he held the door for him it was as if he was trying to enslave all female-kind into chattel slavery and reverse women's suffrage. Dylan didn't have time for causes or zealots. Besides, if holding a door set off that previous date's "enslaving women" rhetoric, he figured that Darla would have really freaked when he put her in cuffs, blindfold and a gag and began to spank . Which might have ruined the next date.

Lucy though seemed way more down to earth, not an uptight city girl. "So we heading to your place, you said earlier you had a few hours until you had to start at the pizzeria, is that still true? Either way I know I will get to spend some time with you later, after work, I am looking forward to that too, up on the roof"

Of course if she had to work sooner, then he would be on his best behavior while he escorted her to work, but if she had some time to spend at her place, then things might get ... more interesting. He took her arm and went wherever they were heading, smiling over at her , offering encouragement but letting her lead the conversation. She was obviously a bit excited, and that was a good sign to him.

Lucy Martin
Time: 2ish

His words were reassuring, and his touch was as marvelous as she remembered. It was real. That same thought from before crept into her mind once more. She couldn’t but run through the same thoughts that danced through her mind when she talked to him earlier. This was real. This moment….was real. He really wanted to spend time with her.

She stepped through the door that had creaked when he opened it. “Thank you,” she told him, remembering her manners. “Yeah. I need to go change my clothes and get to work. Well, my top anyways. Different dress code there. Here a black top is perfectly fine. There they want me wearing red.” She shrugged with a giggle, thinking it was honestly ludicrous, but it was the dress code. “I don’t see what it matters honestly. I’m sure they have the color black in Italy, but they think the red is more Italian I guess.” Her voice reflected her amusement, with a questioning tone as she pressed the button for the elevator. “It’s not that far up. Short ride and all.”

The elevator’s soft tone sounded just before the doors glided open. It was empty as she entered, looking up to make sure he was coming before pressing the button. When the doors closed softly, she could she their reflection. It made it all the more real to her seeing him standing there next to her. Her smile grew once more as her cheeks flushed. “Thank you again for..walking with me. I know it seems so..high schoolish and all, but I really wanted..to get to spend..a little more time with you. You..intrigue me. You’re so..handsome..and I just…..” Her voice trailed softly as the realization of what she had just said to him hit. Her eyes widened, and her face burned a bright crimson red. “Oh my gosh. I am so..sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I mean well I should have. I mean it’s the truth. I mean..I should just really shut up right now. Right?” She closed her eyes and laughed. ‘There’s no point in holding back now,’ she thought. “You are attractive. There I said it, and I’m glad you want to spend time with me. Every time I see you I think oh my goodness. He’s here, and he wants to spend time with me. There. I said that too. I’m owning it.” Her blush began to fade as she looked at him waiting to see his reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom