Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The St. Anne (OOC)

So as I see it, Boss , you could have already gotten Arthur's message and havent mentioned it to us yet and include him as part of the rescue plan.
Or we could cut bait and say you hired him on the station earlier in the week and he is just arriving on a SOD (Ship Onboard Delivery)

So how we bring him in is sort of key to our planning i think.

As far as who should do the exchange, if they don't have a lot of intel about the rest of the crew, Elaine might be a good choice, they might discount her. If they do, then maybe Jin or the Doc, in Elaine's suit. That keeps Elaine out there as a combatant and them expcting some sort of move from the exchange person.

In any case misdirection will be the key. make sure to let them think that keeping their eye on the right ball is the game, and then reveal they should have been watching the cake.

My two cent. Send Dr. Khan to make the exchange, so she can give Mateo immediate medical attention.

If we do the exchange shipside have the crew take gravsleds to the enemy ship, have our mechanical genius bypass an airlock from the outside to let us in. Once inside the crew can split up into pairs or solo to comb though the ship raining hell on the baddies until they come across Sonakshi and Mateo. Exact revenge, and if they have a small shuttle like the Annie on board acquire it to return to the St. Anne, and then we will have two boats (potentially if we go that route and have the space.)

I'm with Kosmik on this one. Elaine's a bit too volatile right now to pretend to trade a fellow crew member, she'd likely end up kicking down a door and shooting the place up immediately. If we want a more immediate approach than hacking an airlock I included explosive shot shells in her repertoire for a reason. Could have her shoot the ship and explosively decompress a chamber near/behind the exchange then work from there.

I was thinking more use the air lock which usually have to doors, one into the chamber and one to outside as a means to get in without heavily risking the three crew members of the St Anne. Breach the ship as silently as possible and once inside give them forty kinds of Hell to pay. Start subtly and end with a bloody bang

Okay you amazing writers. Ball is in your court and y'all will work out and play out the rescue. Someone needs to hear / receive Arthur's transmission and pull him into the plan, or pick him up and bring him along.

Iona's out of it. The hard burn, the meds, they're going to make her effectively incapacitated. It's up to you to rescue Mateo and work out a little revenge. :)

MC isnt going to be much good on an EVA.

If we are sending the Annie to do the exchange , she could hide on there and then make some kind of distraction, ahead of the real attempt. Either with a weapon or lingerie, after she sneaks out of the bulkhead compartment under the Annie that she now knows about thanks to Elaine

Alternately if they get a lot of other traffic to the ship she could wheedle her way onto one of those, and then be a goodie delivery girl and deliver some drugged goodies and a couple of flash bangs at the right time

Or she hacks uses the remote console on the Annie and shuts down the lights on the bad guy's ship at the right time. Or , you know, finds the light switch

That's actually a good idea Megyn. Have Jin-Lai hiding in the Annie and joining the fray if she doesn't choose to join Donovan. She could have the weapons for the others with her in there, and when the exchange starts, comes out of hiding, tosses everyone their guns and join in the slaughter fest. Just a thought since I doubt the hostage takers would respond kindly to whoever is there to make the exchange being armed.

I'll just play the good doctor and care for the people in, so I'll follow whatever lead you give me, I like being the good support and Dr. Khan has already had her share of action of the day.

So I think they will probably search, and put at least 1 or 2 guards on the pilot. That means Jin should be the pilot, Elaine could take another ride in the belly compartment, Jin's job would be to distract the guards so she could get out and provide a two front assault.

We have to wait til they bring out Mateo most likely (a few other options) at that point is when it is ok to attack. Donovan through the airlock, Elaine through the landing bay. I think that is really it. Jin would try to avoid going with Donovan not because of him, but because between the helmet thing on the shuttle and the issue where Elaine could have died on the way back, Jin is terrified with the idea of being in space in just a suit, though she doesn't want to admit it. She might feel better if she gets a suit tailored to her later.

Doc - deivering Riz
Riz - being delivered
Donovan - Airlock
Elaine - either Airlock attack or under Annie or piloting Annie
Cap - back on the bridge of the St. Anne
Mateo - Held Hostage
Jin - piloting Annie , hiding under Annie and making distractions, or terrified with Donovan and trying not to suffocate in her space suit
Arthur - with the Blue Mountain folks somewhere

Hey team. Seems like you got it all mapped out. Riz will hide the stun baton under her jumpsuit somewhere as a surprise as well. I'm sure the Blue Mountain folks probably would assume the St.Anne crew searched and disarmed her prior to giving her over so it should be feasible to sneak it in.

You reckon a few of our folks should take some injuries before we lamb it out with Mateo? Gives the good doctor something to do instead of looking pretty, heh.

Anyways I should have a post for Ris tomorrow I think.

Elaine should go with Donovan on the grav sled, she's going to want her hardsuit for this and having a pilot wearing a hardsuit would kinda indicate they're here for more than a trade I think.

Elaine could go in the underbelly of the Annie in her hardsuit too, I should point out. Easier to setup (and avoid getting stuck in) a crossfire if they go in on two fronts. What do you think Donovan?

Donovan is taking this very personal. He is going on using hands only, maybe his knife of he does use a weapon so you don't have to worry about him causing a crossfire. I'm fine either way going solo or with a partner

If El and Donovan do both go in via the airlock (which is a prett crazy move after all that they aren't likely to suspect) maybe we could make them think the attack is starting from the shuttle bay. Gunfire sounds, (punctuated by real gunfire perhaps)

It's too bad we don't have an easy way to EVA the Doc , Riz and Mateo out the airlock. Imagine drawing a bunch of them into the shuttle bay and then opening the bay and sucking the bad guys out, but that would make it hard to get back to the shuttle for our own people - maybe.

You know too, its a story not a system game so we just have to make it entertaining and I think we all agree it's going to come down as a win for our side. Big damn heroes

Basically the way I see Arthur's role (if anyone picks up the dang phone! Lol) is that he is going to be playing the part of a blue mountain Corp emoployee here to pick up the debtor, once she is in his hands he betrays them and the shooting starts. But I think the real blue mountain Corp should come, throw a wrench into this very nice plan with a very nice ship and a cool chase scene should ensue (give our pilot some spotlight)

But for that to work he has to get the Blue Mountain people to give him Mateo. Which I don't necessaarily seeing them too eager to do, sadly .
So it might be better to stand back as our ace in the hole for when things look bad. Or maybe you are in charge of searching the Doc and she passes Mateo a weapon. Probably the crew will have a hard time trusting you enough to tell you our real plan/full plan but tell you to make sure Riz and the Doc don't get hurt when stuff goes down.

Thomyris will be at the forefront of things, in a pair of cuffs that are not really locked on her wrists. She's hidden a stun baton up her sleeve, using that notion that the captors will think the St. Anne crew disarmed and have her secured fully and not think to search her themselves before hand. She can probably provoke or set off the conflict by revealing she isn't constrained and proceed to hit someone (all she could really do).

Since she's still in the middle, it'll be up to the rest of you to provide cover fire and extract her and whoever else goes with her. I suppose too in the chaos, since Mateo might be across from her, she can free him from any binds and hand him a weapon?

I have a good idea on how Jin is going to distract a bunch of baddies, it will help if we have an insidrer on the baddies to help sell it.. its going to involve some of those big magnets she bought earlier

megyn said:
I have a good idea on how Jin is going to distract a bunch of baddies...

Swinging from the rafters in her panties? :) I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!

AnnaBeth said:
megyn said:
I have a good idea on how Jin is going to distract a bunch of baddies...

Swinging from the rafters in her panties? :) I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!

I was also thinking about having her just wearing something like this (nsfw-ish) as she piloted and stood around the landing bay. I am sure she would get a safety lecture later from the Captain, though, for no safety suit.

Back
Top Bottom