Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The St. Anne (OOC)

I'll have a post up later today for you traitors- I mean wonderful people, heh :)

Post is up! She's depressed and feeling morbid, maybe even to a reckless point. Feel free to not tell her the plan or to share it, though if you do agree with that wait a bit to let the pressure build on her first.

The way I hope this happens, at least narratively like if I was watching this on tv, is that everything is shoddy, we have this moment of the captain making this big bad decision, everyone being freaked out or like wtf or what have you, and then someone notices a beeping on the console signifying a new message. I think it would be a cool scene. But is just a suggestion and how I think it would go in my head

Oh, wow. Iona and her writer both feel like monsters now. Such a hard scene to read and I bet it was hard to write! Perfect though, just perfect!

Jin is llikely conflicted.. she wants to support the Captain who hired her, but she has been in debt before, and not everyone has a rich family to bail you out (even if the shame of it sent you off to a life as a cook on space freighters rather than face your family) She believes in second chances. But then what about Mateo's second chance. She doesn't want to believe there can't be a third way, doesnt want to face a no win situation. For a chef when the bread goes stale you make french toast... If the eggs are spoiled too, you make croutons. You make do.

Also its really going to affect how she had seen the crew. She thought they were very tight. Go to the mat for one another. Turns out her new disfunctional family is just as cutthroat as her old one. She wouldn't say that but she might use words to that effect. Maybe under her breath... She is not a big confrontational person, but she is fairly big on feelings at least for a debt situation which she identifies with so much. She also notes that even if she could get the money from her contacts, it likely would not help the situation but exacerbate it , throwing cash at kidnappers rather than a straightforward swap already agreed to would be risky.

I think in the end she might be inclined to not want to believe it could be this bad and that someone ,probably the captain, has a great secret plan that she needs to keep close to the vest, ready to spring into action at the right moment.

Loved the cooking analogy, megyn! I so want to use that in a story sometime. It's that good. :)

My advice to everyone in this story is to play your character how they would act. There may well be some conflict, some very tense conflict, and that's how it should be. Think of your favorite movie or tv drama and a similar situation. Betrayal, distrust, anger or fear or any strong emotion runs strong. Speak it, feel it, act on it even. Iona is recording the bridge scene to transmit to the kid appears, so she wants it to seem real. Since she hasn't told anyone of her true intention then it is real and the kidnappers will believe it. :)

In my next post, depending on the reactions, I'll reveal her true plan if possible then we have to figure out how to go be Big Damn Heroes.

Kosmik, Donovan can't make the exchange. They'd expect him to be too dangerous, especially with what just happened stationside. They wouldn't believe it. It will have to be Iona and Thomyris alone.

Which leaves all the rest of you cutthroats to ambush them and make them rue the day they weren't born. :) Y'all should start plotting here as to how to pull it off.

First question, planetside or ship to ship exchange?

Planet side, somewhere outside the city, better ambush spots and an extended gunfight won't literally destroy the ship.

Planetside has more opportunities to ambush, with the usual cities, fields, forests, etc. Plus it's out of the way of the regular authorities who would probably want a piece, which the Blue Mountain group probably wants to avoid diluting their share of the profits any further.

Ship to ship? Would the rest of the crew come via grav-sleds and thrusters, land on the hull, and blast in guns blazing and all? They could cut the life support systems, with Iona and Thomyris having their helmets to at least save themselves from suffocating within the ship. Maybe take out a baddie or two that way before the rest rally and do the same.

Can Thomyris at least beat one to death with her stun baton? :D

Everyone that wants a chance to be an action hero and add a notch to their gun/baton/knife/hands will be able to do so. Please make sure to plot it out so everyone has a chance to be in the spotlight. :)

Well if there isn't enough baddies to go around, I'm more than willing to shift Ris' shot at being an action hero to the next plot arc afterwards. Gives her time to train with Jin-Lai and all too.

no one would suspect me to pull out my stunner :D then the knife and cut someone haha.

Actually i wonder if stunning Ris as a tactic would work, obviously only if it were planetside.

Would be nice too if we had an insider on the side of the baddies on our side..

Sorry to dash anybody's ideas, but I kind of was intending for the deal go down on the ship that the custom's agents were on. The ship has plenty of goons everybody can massacre though if that's any consolation.

Well then, shipside it is! Gives us several different options and I bet y'all can work up a plan. Y'all are a murderous, scurvy lot. :)

I am still waiting for Elaine to see her reaction to what Jin said in the loading bay as that will definitely effect how Jin acts on the Bridge.

Deer–vehicle collisions lead to about 200 human deaths and $1.1 billion in property damage every year.[2]

[2] Allan, William F, and Wells, Joann K. "Characteristics of Vehicle-Animal Crashes in Which Vehicle Occupants Are Killed." Traffic Injury Prevention 6 1 (2005) 56–59

Updated the crew roster to include Arthur.

Serena / Ganbanggirl hasn't been on in almost two weeks. We'll leave her status as on the planet, undetermined, in case she wants to come back but for now consider the character off to the side for plot purposes.

Once everyone posts I'll wrap up the bridge scene and get us moving.

Plotting to be done:
1. Grab / include Arthur into the story
2. Decide where exactly the meet will happen planetside and how many bad guys to expect.
3. Decide who's going to do the exchange. I've decided Iona can't do it. She's too beat up from g-loc and is worried about Doctor Khan's statement that when the meds wear off she'll crash and sleep for half a day. Someone else will have to go to the hand over, and it can't be Donovan because they'd expect him to be a trap.
4. Come up with your Big Plan to rescue Mateo.
5. Lamb for dinner!

Back
Top Bottom