Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Office Romances don't work...do they? (Nightstalker x Candi)

Re: Office Romances don't work...do they? (Nightstalker x Ca

She smiled as he traced her cheek with his finger. She smiled as she thought of the nervous man she'd interviewed that day. "Mm, yes. You were such a cutie. So nervous for absolutely no reason."

Chris's dark bright blue eyes met and locked softly with hers as he listened to her words, softly kissing her lips before taking a sip of the champagne he spoke. "Oh plenty of reasons to be nervous, beautiful and smart women who held my career in the palm of her hand."

She smiled. "You could have gotten a job anywhere you wanted. I'm just glad I got to you first."

Chris felt his cheeks heat at her words, head lowered as the words fully sank in. His large strong right hand reached out to gently hold her hand giving it a squeeze as he spoke. "I am glad you did too and thank you for hiring me."

She squeezed his hand back and and kissed him softly, glad that she was finally his wife. She took a sip of her champagne and smiled at him. "You're welcome."

Once they reached the reception, dinner was served, and then the cake, which she cut with him. After that, she had a little gift for him. She sand with the band to the tune of "If I Didn't Care."

"If I didn't care more than words can say
If I didn't care would I feel this way?
If this isn't love then why do I thrill?
And what makes my head go 'round and 'round
While my heart stands still?

If I didn't care would it be the same?
Would my ev'ry prayer begin and end with just your name?
And would I be sure that this is love beyond compare?
Would all this be true if I didn't care for you?"

Chris listened to a few of the speeches at the reception, almost choking on the wine as he tried to take a sip and listen to her voice. The words so powerful almost fully mesmerized as he wiped away a single tear that rolled down his right cheek. A gesture he could not have foreseen nor expected was the most precious which would forever meant this day was significant.

When she was finished, Claire made her way back to her husband. Amid the clanging of glasses she kissed him, her arms holding onto him. "I love you, Chris. Don't forget."

Chris's long muscular arms surround her body tightly, long thick fingers running lightly up and down her back as he returned the kiss. His words barely whispered. "I love you too and thank you, beautiful lyrics and voice."

She smiled and hugged him closely, happy to be back in his arms. "Dance with me?" she asked, the music starting up to a slow, but cheerful song.

Chris's facial features lit up his face as the smile on his face widened as dark bright blue eyes sparkled meeting hers softly as he linked his arms with hers leading her out onto the small dance floor area. Guiding her body albeit close to his around the area he could still remember the first time they did and just how many nerves settled over his body that day.

She rested her head on his shoulder and stayed close to him, letting him guide her around the floor. She remembered him coming into the building and acting professional, his nerves having gotten the better of him. She also remembered how quickly they'd gotten together.

Chris's dark bright blue eyes sparkled even brighter as he guided her body around the room, changing footsteps only occasional as the beat of the music did so.

She smiled and looked up at him. "Do you remember the first time we were actually comfortable around each other?" she asked, chuckling softly.

Chris's ears filled with the combination of her words and chuckling as he went back through their meetings, a soft smile spreading across his face as he spoke. "That would be after work one night I do believe."

She smiled and nodded, remembering that night. "I always did think you were amazing, Chris. It was just a question of how amazing you were."

Chris felt his cheeks heat once again, talented in so many ways and from the first meeting he knew that. With time he found out just how much so as he softly kissed her cheeks. "Just as you are my wife, don't ever forget it."

She smiled and kissed his lips softly. "I'll never forget if you won't."

Chris's dark bright blue eyes sparkled like freshly cut diamonds back into hers as he returned the kiss, leading her from the dance floor back to their table before sitting down and raising the wine glass. "Never can my love."

She smiled and sat with him raising hers as well. "Thank you for this wonderful wedding."

Chris smiled back into her eyes, lifting her hand and not kissing the back of it but sucking on one finger he spoke."Thank you for wanting to marry me and for the life we shall have together."

Claire smiled and blushed a little as he suckled her finger and thanked her. It was enough to just be married to him, but this certainly went above and beyond.

After more dancing and the tossing of the bouquet and garter, the night was over, and it was just Claire and Chris together in private. "So where are we going to spend the night?" she asked. "At home, or somewhere else?"

Chris knew the trip back to their place would not take long as he offered his arm and softly kissed her cheek. "A nice walk home then spend the next two days in bed sound good to me."

She smiled and snuggled into him, sipping at her champagne as the two of them sat in the back of their limo. "Mmm, it sounds like an excellent plan to me."

Chris smiled widely and snuggled her closer kissing the corner of her mouth as he spoke in a whispered tone. "Should have said this sooner but damn this wedding dress is hot, extremely hot and feel I will burn later tonight when I take it off you."

His words made her blush a bit, though she was grinning like the sly minx she was. "Well, if you think the dress is something, wait till you see what's underneath it," she said, winking.

Back
Top Bottom