Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blade of the Dragon (messeduprp x Skeith Takahatta II)

Genji gave a disgruntled sound as the dagger was brought to her throat. She closed her eyes for a moment, shaking her head. "That sounds like a plan to me." She said, setting the weapon aside. She wiped sweat from her brow, looking up at the sun's placement to gauge the time of day. She looked back to Lu Zhi, gesturing back towards the village. "We've bathed and trained. Figure we may as well dine together, yeah?" She began walking back towards the cottages.

Lu Zhi followed her, taking off her armor as she went. Many of the soldiers following her lead, it was better when someone took off their armor, "we all train together, we have to in order to be prepared for the dead to come. They believe that someday there will be a great fight between us and them. Only one is said to survive.

"I don't subscribe to prophecy and superstition." Genji said honestly as they walked. "The gods have done me no favors. If they are there, they aren't worth the time of day. And care little for the lives of mortal men. They wouldn't care to warn us or to help us." She turned to face her as they drew closer to the cottages. "So, we train. We fight. We conquer. By our own strength. We reclaim what is ours. Prophecy be damned. The only final confrontation that is as certain as prophecy will be when I find the necromancer king and bury my mother's sword in his skull."

Lu Zhi stopped and stared at Genji for a little while. "You should reexamine your life Genji... While your life is full of hardship, there have been wonderful things to happen to you as well. You escaped from slavery to a necromancer, you found your way here and reclaimed the sword your mother weilded. Maybe there are gods and maybe they have seem fit to smile down upon you." She shrugged. "But I cannot know... We are but mortals."

Genji shook her head. "I will not attribute any victory or happiness to the gods. I bled too much and fought too long on my own to share credit. I escaped because I fought for it, I made it here because my people are survivalists by trade, and I reclaimed my mother's sword by luck. It just so happened that you found me and brought me here. It just so happened that your Emperor was friends with my mother and came into possession of her sword. If there are gods and they are smiling, I would relish the opportunity to smack that smugness from their faces."

She smirked then, turning back towards the cottage. "Now onto food, drink, and friends. The only things that have any real value in this life."

Lu Zhi simply shrugged and returned her attention to the cottage. "I see." As they got closer to the wooden houses, Lu Zhi directed her to her own home. She entered and after a short while, returned with food for the both of them.

Genji could tell that her feelings didn't sit well with Lu Zhi, but she wasn't about to retract them or apologize for them either. If the gods were capable of dealing out good fortune when it pleased them, than that meant they simply turned a blind eye when her home was razed and her people were butchered. When Lu Zhi returned with food in hand, she smiled warmly. "Thanks!" She accepted her meal, taking a seat on the steps. "When I'm more settled, I plan to go fishing regularly. I'll return the favor then." She offered, still smiling as she stuffed her face with food.

Ku Shi shrugged and took a bite of her own food. "I don't mind Genji... It is hospitable." She looked around and smiled at her fellows in the other cottages. "I cannot change your views, nor can I fault them."

"It'll take some time to get used to your customs. Among my people, every favor was repaid in kind." She continued enjoying her own meal, watching the others as the sat and rested as well. She placed a hand on Lu Zhi's shoulder, gently squeezing it. "I don't see why they would be important anyway. We're fighting a common enemy, our methods are the same. Whether we share the same beliefs seems irrelevant. Perhaps that feeling is also unique to me, however."

Lu Zhi shrugged. "As I said... It is irrelevant... Your beliefs are yours. They do not interfere with out eventual goal to destroy the necromancers. It is just yours... Everyone has their reasons but most are less than others."

"I don't know that most are less necessarily. Everyone has to be pretty strongly motivated to enter a struggle like this." She said with a small shrug. "I mean, sure. My mother was killed, my people were butchered and enslaved, and we lost our homeland. But everyone is equally motivated to fight as I. Everyone has a personal reason to take on this enemy, beyond loyalty to an Emperor. Surely, you feel that way." She finished eating, leaning back with a contented sigh. "No one should fight without a personal motivation of some kind. Dying for someone else's cause is a waste. Sharing in that cause is another matter, however."

Once again, Lu Zhi only shrugged. "I have never experienced anything else. I was raised as a warrior and if I were not one I do not know what I would be." She finished her own meal and looked out onto the training grounds. "I only drive myself by the determination to keep as many of my fellows alive as I possibly can."

Genji nodded softly, following Lu Zhi's gaze. "That's a noble cause for sure." She said with a faint smile. "But to only live as a fighter..." She shook her head some. She looked over at Lu Zhi, her lips spreading a little in a sad smile. "Only ever a warrior? Never as a woman? That isn't healthy, you know? Perhaps you're the one who should re-examine their life. Take some lovers, take in the simple pleasures of fishing, eating, friends, fucking, and then yes, fighting. But not warfare. Just, fighting. Brawling is fun. I enjoy it." She gave a small shrug. "Not that there's much of a different between brawling and bedding for my people." She chuckled softly, leaning back on her hands as she watched the others move about. "Let yourself be a woman when the heat isn't on. Put the sword away and let your hair down."

Ku Shi shook her head. "I have no choice... I dedicated myself to my cause as a girl, I do not plan on ending my pact today." She slid her sword free and took her whet stone out, dragging the blade along the stone. Sharpening it slowly and methodically.

Genji looked down at the ground for a moment. "You misunderstand. I'm not asking you to lay down your oath." Her hand reached out, sitting on top of Lu Zhi's, stopping the whetstone. "I'm asking you to take care of yourself. If you lose sight of that, you can't protect anyone." She brought her other hand to gently raise her face to look at her. "Enjoy life as frequently as you protect it." With no warning or hesitation, she leaned in placing a powerful kiss against her lips.

Lu Zhi gasped, dropping stone and sword onto the ground as she was kissed. This was the first time she had ever kissed someone. She looked, wide eyed at Genji. She had no idea how to respond but she knew for sure she didn't want it to stop, she could forget about everything. About her sword, about necromancers and war and everything she had ever seen in this moment and she would be happy.

Genji was expecting a great many things. She was expecting to be shoved. To be hit. Perhaps to find a blade at her throat. When the sword and whetstone fell away, Genji was surprised. Her hand moved from resting on Lu Zhi's hand now that it was empty, to sitting on her thigh, massaging it gently. Not breaking the kiss, her hand moved around behind Lu Zhi's head, lacing in her hair as she pulled her into a closer kiss.

When she finally broke the kiss, gasping briefly for air, she smiled. She kept her forehead pressed against Lu Zhi's looking her in the eye. "See? Was that so bad?"

Lu Zhi gasped for breath as the kiss broke, looking at Benji with wide eyes. "That... That was..." She turned away, picking up her sword. "We... We should return to training." She quickly walked back to the training grounds, the unspoken comment hanging in the air. She had loved the kiss. It had been new to her and as much as she loved it, she was afraid of it.

Genji's smile fell away when Lu Zhi stood quickly and returned to the training grounds. She stood slowly, collecting her mother's blade. "Right... Of course." She sighed softly, rubbing her brow. She turned for a moment, kicking the step of the cottage. "Stupid fucking woman..." She grumbled, cursing herself. She'd moved to fast and acted without knowing that Lu Zhi might be attracted to her as well. She set out after Lu Zhi, weapon in hand prepared for more lessons.

"Alright, coach. What's next?" She asked, pretending the moment before hadn't happened.

Lu Zhi smiled softly. She could admire Gwnjo but frankly, she didn't know how she was supposed to react. She had feelings for her but she had never been with anyone before. She had more of a relationship with her sword than any woman.

"Now we'll be up on the posts." She pointed up to the posts dug into the ground which some would fight atop of. As they got closer it became clear they weren't only about three feet high sy the lowest, some were four and a few were about five. "These are to acclimate one to fighting on light footing and balance. Terrain can be tricky and therefore should be treated as such."

Genji placed her hands on her hips as she looked at the posts. She smirked a little before giving a nod. "Sounds like fun. We used to do something similar when I was a child." She set her mother's blade aside, collecting the training weapon. She hopped up on top of one of the posts, gaining her footing before brandishing her training weapon. "Ready when you are."

Lu Zhi's entrance was much more graceful, a lighting non the posts with grace like a heron. Her feet were placed just right as she dashed forward and slashed at Genii. Faking a downward strike and coming around with a side-slash.

Instead of going on the defensive, Genji watched Lu Zhi's approach. As she jumped forward towards her with a fake attack she jumped forward, stepping off of Lu Zhi's shoulder to land on the post behind her. She whirled around with a horizontal strike immediately after landing.

As Genji's blade was parried, she back handed the incoming kick to defend herself. She smirked confidently as she stood up straight again, twirling the sword back into position. "Ever visit the Highlands of Gen? Uneven terrain is our normal."

Back
Top Bottom