Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blade of the Dragon (messeduprp x Skeith Takahatta II)

Lu Zhi was already alert, her training had made her become used to waking without being groggy. She returned the kiss gladly then frowned, "you seem distressed Genji... Your muscles are very tense, is there something wrong?" After the night Genji had given to Lu Zhi, she would hate for her lover to be unhappy.

Genji frowned slightly as Lu Sho recognized her distress. "Just nightmares, as always. I remember my home. The fire. The corpses. My mother." She cradled her head some as she tried to relax. "Maybe when I've killed the Necromancer king, reclaim my home, and avenged her death, I will be able to rest easy." Now she had her mother's blade. Her vengeance would be at the point of her mother's sword.

"Do not fret over me. My demons aren't yours to bear. You have your own hardships, I'm certain." She rubbed her hands over her face. "Gods, I need a drink."

Lu Zhi sat with Genji, an arm around her shoulder. She rubbed Genji's shoulder slowly, comforting her to the best of her abilities. When Genji mentioned a drink, Lu Zhi hurried to retrieve a cup of water for her, as she poured it she wondered if this was the "drink" she meant.

Genji couldn't help but smile when Lu Zhi rushed to get her water. It wasn't what she had in mind, but it was such a sweet gesture that she didn't dare say anything. When she returned with the water, Genji smiled. "Thank you. Really, I'm fine." She sipped from the cup for several seconds. "Last night was really something special. Thank you. It's nice to wake up next to someone again."

Lu Zhi smiled and blushed softly. "Yeah, for a first time it is pretty nice." She had never gotten to experience waking up next to someone before but she really liked it, especially when that someone was Genji.

Genji was quiet for a few moments, just enjoying the water. She passed her arm around her shoulder, pulling her close for a brief embrace. "We should do this more often. Ya know? With everything that's going on, it's nice to just be human once in a while. Ya know?"

Lu Zhi nodded, "I guess... I'm definitely glad to do this more often with you." She smiled at her and sat down on the bed again, glancing at Genji's naked body. "You're really pretty. I'm glad you were my first Genji."

"Can't rightly say anyone's ever called me pretty before." Genji responded with a hearty laugh. For the clearly fit barbarian woman it came as a surprise to say the least. Genji returned her smile, passing her arm around her shoulders to hold her gently. "I'm honored to have been your first. As sexually adventurous as my people were, we understood the significance of everyone's first time. It should be special and memorable."

Lu Zhi nodded and sighed, standing back up from the bed. "I need to get dressed and so do you. I can lend you some clothing if you'd like? Or maybe you have something you'd rather wear?" She wasn't entirely sure what the etiquette was for waking up next to someone so she was working without any real knowledge of what to do or how to behave.

Genji groaned in disapproval at the notion of getting dressed. It would mean going back out into the village and back to life as normal. More training and more preparation for war. No more basking in Lu Zhi's boundless beauty. "But if you put on clothes I won't be able to gawk at your gorgeous body anymore."

She stood up, groaning as she stretched. "As you wish." Her back and shoulder cracked audibly as she did so. Genji reached for the clothing she had worn the night before, starting to cover her scar covered body. "What's on the agenda, then?"

Lu Zhi stopped her hand. "No... No woman I'm sharing a bed with is going to wear those dirty clothes. You can borrow some of mine today, I'll wash yours tonight and have the tailor make new ones." She smiled at Genji and glanced out the window. "We have training again. Then I think that there's some kind of meeting today as well."

Genji raised an eyebrow at Lu Zhi's comment about her dirty clothes. "As you wish." She laughed to herself as she set the dirty clothing aside. It had honestly never been a thought or concern growing up as a slave or living on the road alone. Clothes were clothes. She'd never really had the luxury of clean alternatives.

"Seems likely that the meeting will be for you and yours. I'm more like a guest than a citizen, after all." She took some of the clean clothes, dressing quickly. "Guess I better fetch my gear from my cottage. Should I just meet you at the training area?"

Lu Zhi frowned. Was it normal for someone to leave the morning after sex? She wasn't sure one way or another, but she didn't like how it felt. She shook her head and took Genji's hand. "If... if you think so, go on to the training grounds and I'll meet you there." She blushed a bit and kissed Genji quickly. She left the cottage quickly and followed the others to where the meeting was being held.

The training area was quiet, a little eerily quiet compared to the day prior. There was nobody around as of yet.

Genji couldn't stop thinking about the previous night or how lovely that morning had been. A lingering regret hovered over. Lu Zhi was loyal to her home and Emperor. Genji had a personal obligation to reclaim her throne and reunite her scattered people. Were the two destined to part ways when the undead hordes were vanquished and the necromancer king slain? She barely knew Lu Zhi. Enough to know better than to call it love. But she was definitely infatuated with her.

She entered the empty training grounds, sword in hand. She was used to natural silence but this was different. No birds chirped, no wind blew. It felt wrong.

Lu Zhi seemed unsettled by the silence as well. She glanced around herself and drew her sword, keeping her eyes locked to the surrounding trees. "Genji" she spoke softly, so Genji could hear her, but others couldn't. "Put your back against mine. We won't have any blind spots that way."

Lu Zhi slowly backed up until her back was right next to Genji's, her eyes scanned the area again, searching from some form of movement. "I pray that we're only being paranoid."

Genji carefully stepped over to Lu Zhi, her feet barely making a sound as she approached. She turned away from her, standing back-to-back with her. She raised her mother's sword in two hands, holding it in a defensive stance. Her eyes carefully scanned their environment. She knew the dead could move quietly and in great numbers, but she never heard of them having the intelligence to act tactfully enough to stage an ambush - not without some manner of guiding hand, like a dread lord or a necromancer. "I don't think we are. I can't hear any movement at all. It isn't natural." She whispered back.

Lu Zhi sighed softly and glanced from side to side. Genji was absolutely right. There wasn't a bird chirping, not even the sound of an insect. The only noise was the window rustling through the foliage, wait a minute. The flags weren't moving. There was no wind.

There was a sound to her right, something moving quickly. A glint of something in the air. Lu Zhi moved, swinging her sword down directly to Genji's left. There was a metallic clang and something fell to the ground from where Lu Zhi hit it. A throwing blade.

Suddenly, blades began flying from the forest, all trained on the two warriors standing in the clearing, "in retrospect. Moving to the middle of a clearing might not have been the best tactical decision on our part."

Genji grit her teeth as the blades began flying out from the forest. It was fortunate that her mother's blade was lighter than the one that she had been using. Defending herself with the heavier blade against such an attack would have been nearly impossible. "Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but..."

Her defensive strikes were fast, the sound of metal blades being deflected echoed in the otherwise silent space. The barbarian growled as the onslaught didn't seem to slow, her focus being just as much on defending Lu Zhi's rear as herself. "We need to raise some kind of alarm! Get out of here! Warn the others!"

Lu Zhi nodded. "We need to get out of here. But they could be anywhere within these trees." She looked around the clearing again. "The attack came from your side, so we feign going the opposite way the cut back towards where the knives came from. They'll not be expecting it."

Back
Top Bottom