Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Star Wars: Crucible of Shadows) Ep 1. Ch. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weretigress_by_atwater.jpg

Tenshi said:
Hanging back in a corner, Leenara found herself next to a girl in a dancing girl's costume, with golden skin chiming bangles, and a long, gauzy skirt. She sang a flute like trill through her beak.

The Ryn glanced at the Cathar curiously. “This port always so dramatic?”

A curious sort of delayed reaction. Leenara had searched her feelings earlier and not expected any danger in the next fifteen minutes.
Now she did.

"It certainly wasn't when I arrived on this planet" she responds to the girl. "I don't think I have ever seen so many Jawas in one place before. Who are you? My name is Leenara." As Leenara extends a hand.

The dancing girl smiled and extended her hand to the cathar. "Pleased to meet you, Leenara. My name is," she piped a chord throuhg her nose, then a warbling trill. "Most people can't pronounce that. Please call me Flute."

Flute took note of the Jawas getting admitted to the flight crew. "I've only been hear a few weeks, but I heard there was a jawa population here. Most of them make their living in the desert--harvesting food and scavenging the remains of lost cities. Some work in town, though. They're known for their mechanical abilty. There's also stories of a syndicate..." She trailed of, mumbling, then shook her head."

"Grounds look clear for the moment, no hostiles." Chadra moved her swoop in circles over the hangars scanning the crowds, eyes darting from person to person under her mask. "I say we get things rolling folks." Turning she coasted over the carriers. Definitely some troop transports incoming though. Be ready."

Tenshi said:
The dancing girl smiled and extended her hand to the cathar. "Pleased to meet you, Leenara. My name is," she piped a chord throuhg her nose, then a warbling trill. "Most people can't pronounce that. Please call me Flute."

Flute took note of the Jawas getting admitted to the flight crew. "I've only been hear a few weeks, but I heard there was a jawa population here. Most of them make their living in the desert--harvesting food and scavenging the remains of lost cities. Some work in town, though. They're known for their mechanical abilty. There's also stories of a syndicate..." She trailed of, mumbling, then shook her head."

"Jawa Syndicate? I never knew something like that existed. Please, tell me about it Flute." Leenara looks at Flute with curiousity

Though the APCs had been rebuilt and restored, Chadra and Kaloh could both identify the basic model. They would have a driver, a copilot, and then seat fiftene soldier in bench seats in the back.

There were elleven airport security staff present in the docks. They each carried a holstered blaster pistol and stun baton, and were a mix of human and zabrack. Four of them secure the door to each hanger. Three more formed a welcoming committee.

There was another man who seemed important, an older human with wisps of prematurely silver hair. BEsides that and a malformed left arm he seemed a fit and healthy sort. He stood with one of the guards at the entry way for Falcon--apparently ready to greet them as his weapons--which included a viabroblade--were holstered, as were everyone else.

EV5.jpg

EV perks up as we land and starts using her personal sensors to get a lay of the land so to speak and where people and equipment is on the space docks (Her sensors are improved and boostered with a 2 km range)

Roll 15+13=28 for perception

A quick glance at the two transports indicated that up to 30 soldiers were heading their way, hopefully to provide security for the delivery of the supplies. With the 11 security guards already at the hangar, that meant either 41 people guarding things or about 19 opponents to deal with. "Keep weapons holstered. Iris, please head to the cargo bay to coordinate offload, Eblock secure the bay."

He gestured to Nira to lower the main ramp and cargo ramp and made his way off of the ship.

Flute gave a bit of a shrug. “I've never done business with them,” she replied. “The Jeek Syndicate are an extended family of jawas that run a crime syndicate specializing in smuggling. They sell spice, weapons, even battle droids. I've heard of three major places to contact them, this world is one.”

Tenshi said:
Flute gave a bit of a shrug. “I've never done business with them,” she replied. “The Jeek Syndicate are an extended family of jawas that run a crime syndicate specializing in smuggling. They sell spice, weapons, even battle droids. I've heard of three major places to contact them, this world is one.”

"It was nice to meet Flute" and hands her 5 credits for the information."If you should need medical help look me (up and gives her a location) ask for the Doc. "I think it maybe time for you to get out of here. My instincts say this is going to go sideways and they are rarely wrong"

Choosing to stay and coordinate the communications and share whatever she could from the external cameras, Nikita hurried to hack into the Space Dock security sensors. She did not wanted to go deeper, but if one of their people accidentally shot someone, maybe the sensors should not see it.. focusing on the possible enemies, meaning, anyone not arrived with their two ships. Their tiny Holocam went out to cover the hard to see angles...

Now using the Hacker Legacy to do it faster, as the Master Slicer helps with the dice rolling... 45 for a start, then Nikita keep working it until she makes it all friendly waiting to please her, or something happens that need her or Rrr's attention. 43 / 35 / 40 / 32 ...

Melaara glanced at the viewscreen showing the assembly gathering at the docking bay waiting to greet them. "Quite the welcoming party," she commented to anyone that was around to here. "They know we are bringing sorely needed medical supplies, so I can't imagine this will turn hostile unless we give them a reason to. So let's not give them a reason.." she muttered as much to herself as to anyone else that was listening.

The codru turned to the ship's comm, "EV, would you mind accompanying me to greet the welcome party? I could use an extra pair of eyes as well as your ability with languages should the need arise." Lowering the ramps, she walked out at a brisk pace, the medical droid at her side, looking around for Kaloh as well as taking a moment to size up the older man who seemed to be there to greet them. She walked straight up and held out her upper right hand in greeting as she introduced herself, "Melaara Valdan, Captain of the Crimson Falcon."

EV5.jpg

EV's voice answers back on the comm "Yes Captain, I will meet you at the ramp."

EV meets Melaara at the ramp and follows her down the ramp to meet the welcoming party.

EV Translates if necessary.

rolled 9 +7(int)=15 on a DC10

Nira followed right behind Kaloh, her pale face as stony as ever as she surveyed the surroundings. She stays close to her master's side, just half a step back as was her wont. The only visible weapon on her person is a tehkla blade, secured for the moment in a hilt strapped around her upper thigh. As she glanced around, she also reached out with the force to make sure no one in the area was using it against them.

Jet_varik_twilek_fringer_by_bluedisciple-d93mz7l.jpg

Avara Mirim

Mirim moved down the ramp, shoulder to shoulder with her Nira. She flashed her chain sister a quick smile, then folded her hands demurely before her as their master greeted the space port authority.

[c]* * *[/c]

Cassandra came down the ramp with Melaara, wearing her armor and with her weapon shouldered. The soldier girl's armor had been adjusted on the trip, and now fit her generous bosom a good deal better.

She stayed on the alert and held the position of attentive guard.

Nira could sense a dark sider somewhere in the north, probably close enough that he was in the city. (He wasn't having much luck hiding his presence.)

It was tricky exchanging enough data with the station computer over coms for Nikita to hack it without a direct physical interface, but it was possible. When it came to computers, anything short of impossible could be done.

Taking a quick scan over the stations cameras, she realized...

Something was strange about the footage in the next chamber...

A light freighter and some crates, sitting there in the dim light. A rat running across the in the background...

A moment later, a rat running across the screen in the background....

“Captain Kaloh,” the older man spoke, “Captain Melara. It's a great pleasure to welcome you and your crews to Donovan V. Further security are on their way to ensure your safety. The nature of your cargo has been kept secret so far. The Ithorians were insistent that the supplies were for the entire planet, and there are five nations here, one of which we are at...”

EV-5's sensors noticed a sudden increase in heat on the other side of the wall, in the shut off hanger. Nira's attention was drawn that way too by a muted whine...

Anyone with 30+ on Perception also notices the muted wine.

Again, the rat ran across the screen in the background.

Kaloh nodded and briskly shook the older man's hand. "A pleasure. We saw the security vehicles inbound. As you can see, we were prepared to defend the shipment ourselves, though certainly won't object to local professionals. Shall we begin offload?"

Chadra circled lower enough to make out the meeting taking place whilst still remaining on overwatch. She had a feeling something was going to happen but did not know what just yet.

Perception (d20(18)+10=28)

"Damn! A malfunctioning droid rat..." was Nikita's first words out, but then she started to do three things at once... or more like one after another, filling out the breaks with something useful while she waited.

(Round one)
Adding power to the Crimson Falcon's still online antigrav - as she did not turned off everything, but left the ship running low ready for a not-so cold start, if needed. After all, the only thing open was the exit ramp, and not the five cargo bays...

Sending a message to the crew's com links, including the droids, and the other ship's coms, but keeping from any loud announcements with the PA systems for now. "Hidden unknown in the next hangar chamber, taking defensive measures..."

Then rotating the ship just enough to be able to aim the laser cannons at the big door, just hovering enough to not break off the landing legs or the ramp - but if the floor was uneven, then it would screech as it scratched it...

Rrr was trying to clear up the hacked hardware, Nikita assisting this time... if she had the time to add some ideas or lines of code.

(Round two)
Warming up the Laser Cannons while the ship turned, seeing if they would be able to aim the sky abowe their head, and if it could take in the intermingling hangar door or its controls.

Rrr still working on getting a real time scan or picture of the next dock. After all, even a droid can't be as fast as Nikita is curious...
Meanwhile the Holocam droid would be scanning and protecting their back outside, to alert if anything happened.

Then Nikita had to choose about if she could use the laser cannons from the co-pilot's station, or leaving the ship's weapons to Jax. She finally started to run towards her cabin, to take out a more hand held gun. When she reached her personal armory, she would know more about the situation, hopefully, to choose the best solution. "Overkill, or just have to reload?"

"Chadra here, I'll swing down and see if I can get a look inside, what do you know?" She brought the swoop over in a full 180 degree flip (pilot d20(17)+14=31) before breaking off towards the door cannon barrels spooling to full activation. "Can you access and drop those doors?"

Rrrr is the one to reply in it's multiharmonic voice.

"We will see what we can, and then try to pull off the tarp, and open the curtain..."

29 / 20 / 31

Nikita found that Jax—still at the pilot's station—had already cut power to the repuslsor systems so that they wouldn't interfere with the landing.

She also found that there wasn't an automation system for the ion cannons, but it was a simple thrown switch to start them powering on.

The handsome man shook his head when Nikita started trying to power them back on. “We'll need thirty seconds to power up those systems.” He flicked the switches that would get them hot again in case they had to leave. “I can get on the ion cannons?”
A few jawas yelped as the automated emergency uncoupling of a tube for possible takeoff sent them flying back.

Rrr starting to isolate the hacked hardware, but he still needed a little time.

3 more successful rounds to clear those cameras.

The people in the hallways had just started moving to their usual positions on the promenade rather than trying to push into the hangars with their wares, when a wild swoop pilot rocketed over their heads, trailing startled cries and people hitting the tile on either side of her path.

Flute had just nodded and started back to a cantina where she'd performed last night. She blinked, “Okay, this is getting exciting!” She moved behind a stand and peered out at the action. .

After Nikita' fingers slid under Jax hands on the consoles, to show him instead of speaking unneededly, she only said him anything when she left the cockpit to get her weapons. "When you have the main cannons on that door, you can fire them..." not saying that at least until she get back...

Rrr kept up the good work, joined by the Mechanic and Astromech droids... It was going slow, but steady, even if a little bit of roundabout way, electronic handshakes between computers, dialogues in binary... Giving advice and a helping manipulator to the station's security protocols to overcame that other hack... and get deeper into the system themselves.

Of course if it was a physical add on in the next hangar, it would also need an electric surge to overload it, and that could take out the camera itself too, if not careful enough.

As a last resort, there was the ship's sensors, but turning that up could fry something or someone this close...

EV5.jpg

At the bottom of the ramp EV seeing the heat signature in the next hanger over and hearing the muted whine with her enhanced audio receptors begins to try and put together what kind of droids those could be from the acoustics and shapes of the heat signatures with the help of the ship's computer and feeds the info to Nikita and requests we set up a tactical net for both crews.

EV Quietly put herself between Melaara and the closed hanger is fear the twins could be hurt.

Rolls: Perception hearing (Audio enhancer rolls twice and take the best one) (3, 17) 17+13=31 Mute whine
Tech roll to see if she can ID the droids activating 19+15=34

1st round: Leenara smelling danger in the winds of the force take a moment to calm herself and activates energy resistence to it full effect. Use the force rolled 14+17=31

2nd Round: Maintains the Energy resistance (Swift Action) and activates her empowered unarmed. and prepares for conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom