Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stick To Your Own Kind (Kade x Nymph)

(I figured I'd post it here just in case it shouldn't have been in general.)

Devlin was sick of his parents pushing him into going to the new school, the one that was on neutral land so that all kids no matter what kind could attend it. He didn't mind attending a school with humans, but if he had to be around vampires all the time he didn't know what he would do. "Look mom, I don't want to go to this place. It's got vampires." He growled out as he looked over the boarder where several vampires were walking to the school. He walked off and looked away from his mom, "Fine, I'll go. Bye mom." He said as he walked towards the school, as he thought about how it would work for all three kinds of people to exist peacefully under one roof.

He was the only werewolf around at the moment because the rest had already gone in or weren't going. Many parents didn't want their kids going to a school like it, and so they forced the kids to stay home. Devlin knew he was going to be sort of an outcast, but he didn't know what would come from this school being started. He smelt vampires coming up to the school and he saw one girl that was beyond beautiful, "Hey there cutie." He said laughing as he walked up to her slowly, "I guess this co-existing stuff isn't going to be that bad." He said with a smirk. Devlin was cocky for a werewolf, and he knew that if the vampire guys that were nearby even tried to attack him they would be locked up by the vampire council.

The neutral land was supposed to be fair ground for anyone and who ever started a fight would be put on the council for trial and restricted to their own ground for a long time. He was only cocky because he was strong enough to be the leader of his pack and he was extremely attractive in his human form. His body was built like a greek god and his face was that of an angel. He looked over to her and smiled softly as he just walked with her towards the school, "So, how about after school I bring you back to my land and we'll co-exist the way two people were meant to. You know, two creatures in the night." He said smirking as he walked slowly around her smelling her sweet scent, "I know you can smell the humans, but your scent is so much stronger and much more of an attraction." He said laughing.

Devlin had slightly olive colored skin as he was pretty tan, and he looked great with the jeans and fitted t-shirt that he'd been wearing. He had dark emerald eyes and lighter brown hair that just waved around in the wind as he pushed it out of his face. He opened the door and walked through it to see where his classes were.

Emily seemed like an average, girl. She laughed with her friends (Human and vampire alike), she played video-games and danced around. She was extremely careful of her.. condition. And as he had pointed out, she was, utterly attractive. Her skin was like ivory, smooth and pale, soft to the touch, yet cold like ice. Her eyes were ice, they were light, baby blue and stunning. She had a round face and full seductive lips. Her long strawberry blond hair was -- on that day at least; tied to the back of her head, up in a bun and pinned.

She wore jeans and a T-shirt, not trying to impress anything.

Emily was not only attractive, but extremely intelligent, as she was heading to her Calculus class, a dirty, smelly dog walked beside her and very lamely tried to flirt. "Are you kidding me? With those lines you're never going to pick up a girl, human, dog or vampire alike."

The humans in this town were accustom to these two races, and they allowed no outsiders in, and once you were in... you were in for life. And for the life of your children, and their children and so on. It was easy to tell the three races apart, Werewolves had their dark skin, Humans were tanned or pale or anything in between, but were 'flawed' unlike the vampires of the lands. Whom had perfect faces, skin, and bodies.

Emily had pushed the door in front of her wide open as she entered, smelling the insufferable smell of wolf behind her.

He growled softly when she was very shutdown and almost made fun of him, especially when she called his kind a dog. He was not a dog in any sense, he was a wolf, and dogs were weaklings compared to his kind. "You know maybe if you weren't such a bitchy vampire whore then maybe you'd get the fact that I was just trying to joke around." He said as turned away from her and walked to his first class, which happened to be with her's.

He could tell that this day was going to suck already, and he couldn't stand the fact that he had to hold himself back, which wasn't easy being his kind. Unfortunately being a werewolf made him very aggressive and brutal in his instincts and it was hard to resist following them to the point of refusing to kill all the little pitiful humans around.

He was not used to being a neutral person, as he hated most vampires and all humans, and he just wished that he could be home and preying on gullible humans that strolled into his territory. "Oh great, I have to sit with you here." He growled out softly as he stared at her knowing that she was trying to depict her disgust at his stench, "You know, maybe if you weren't so uptight you could appreciate the fact that I was complimenting you."

"Mmm.." She muttered as she continued to her class. She did hear his foot steps behind her, his musky scent which was repulsive to her, not far behind.

"Don't worry. I'll switch classes." She told him, with a fake smile on her perfect face. She sat down, crossed her legs and placed her books on the table in front of her. "Oh, well then tank you for telling me I am attractive and you want to use me like a piece of meat. How very thoughtful of you." Her tone dripping in sarcasm. "Perhaps if your ego wasn't so large, you'd see I was putting you down lightly. But I'll say it in simpler terms, I do not want to fornicate with you." She said, plainly. Her little round nose pointed in his direction. She locked her icy eyes with his.

Quickly, Emily tilted her head away, looking back towards the front of the class. "Well, I need this class, so I'll get someone to switch seats with me later, as I am such a bitch." She said, with a slight roll in her eyes. She knew she was, but it wasn't like anyone hadn't told her before.

He growled out as he watched her and looked away, "I don't want you to switch classes. It's not that big of a deal." He said as he looked up at the teacher before Emily continued to talk to him, and more rather put him down. "That's not what I meant. I was joking around. I only meant that I thought you were gorgeous." He said softly before she continued on insulting him. He didn't take kindly to being insulted, and he growled louder before he watched her, "Fine, there is no problem with that. And if you want to move you're welcome to, I was only saying you didn't have to be so rude." He said realizing that she probably thought he was some idiot and just some guy that wanted to get in her pants.

In reality he was really sad that he had no real friends at the school and he couldn't help himself around someone as beautiful as she was. It was his way of dealing with nerve wracking situations such as being around a gorgeous girl, "Do what you have to, I'd rather you not though."

Of course she though he was an idiot. He was the new kid at the school, hitting on the first girl he saw. On her no less. She already thought all men were dogs in general, and he had to go and prove her right. "Well.. then thank you. You came off like a horny asshole though." She told him, tilting her head in his direction, peering at him, "I am not trying to be rude, only honest."

Emily crossed her arms, the teacher had began to talk, so she hushed her voice. "And why not? Because I look nice beside you? Because I smell nice? Trust me, I've been told before. As .. flattering as it is, we just don't mix. Not just you and I, my kind and your kind... I don't know what you're trying to prove." She looked a bit confused, as she was trying to figure out his reasoning, his... mind, she didn't understand him. He wasn't easily read like the human boys always drooling over her round behind.

She sighed softly, so much she didn't understand.

He looked at her, "I know how I came off, it was the point. I was joking and if I hadn't done that it wouldn't have been so funny until you freaked out and became very angry and then you began to insult me." He said softly as he looked at her, "Well your honesty is not exactly the most refreshing thing to have to deal with on the first day." He said as he looked up at the board.

He noticed that she was trying to pay more attention to the teacher before she began to talk to him again, "Because you're the first person to talk to me, whether it was rude or honest. I'm not doing it to smell you, and I'm not doing it because you look good beside me. I mean you do, but that's not why. And I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, just trying to see how I can handle myself mixed with vampires and humans." He said as he looked into her eyes, "You know you have beautiful eyes. Cold, but very beautiful."

She stayed silent for a moment, until she sneaked her hand under the desk and placed it on his side. Her fingers were frozen to the touch, her body colder than ice. "That would be because I'm dead." She noted frankly. With drawing her hand, she placed it on her note book, opening it and flipping to an open page, where she began to aimlessly jot notes.

Emily knew these text books from top to bottom, the teacher was a human, and had no idea how her mind could work. As Emily copied word for word what he said in perfect caligraphy, her mind wondered outside her body... just...

Wandering.

He felt her hand cold as ice and he looked back at her, "Doesn't matter. You're living somehow, and life flows through those eyes." He said softly as he stared into them, but he turned away when she moved her hand away from him. He felt something when she touched him, something that he hadn't felt from anyone before.

"You have nice handwriting. Could you teach me how to write in caligraphy?" He asked softly as he looked over at her notebook and then back up at the board. He flipped through the book and shrugged, "This class is boring and simplistic, are the other classes just as boring?" He asked.

She was gone though, her eyes glazed over.

But his voice roused her. "Hmm? Oh... my writing?" She asked, looking down, she had even began to write what he was saying in the margin. "It's.. a natural thing... I could try. It's very hard unless you're good with your hands..." She looked down at his side, seeing his large tanned hands. "Your hands also seem a bit bulky for something like it. But I could try."

She looked back at the window, closing her eyes. "Most classes are taught by humans, and if they're not, there are no humans in that class. Out gym classes are taught by your kind, the more mind strained ones; my own."

He didn't like that she kind of talked down to him without even thinking about it, she probably didn't even realize that she was doing it. But he did. "I'm very good with my hands, and I know you're probably expecting me to make some sort of sexual reference, but I told you I only did that to make a joke." He said as he looked at her when she looked at his hands and called them bulky. That kind of made him feel like a freak, even for what he was, "Thanks.." He said softly.

He nodded slowly as he listened to her, and he just felt like she was trying to make him feel below her by saying the thing about how vampires taught more intellectual things. He didn't like when she did that, but he didn't say anything as he wanted her to stay there.

She bit down on her lip, realizing how she'd sounded afterward. "Bulky as in big, and manly. Men usually aren't one to write as such, it's a delicate art." She spoke, trying to correct herself. She did laugh at his sexual reference comment, "I was expecting one, yes, but this time I'd have laughed." She told him, tilting her head to him once more.

Emily waved her fingers around a bit, "We can... think about more than one thing at a time.. our focus is usually never on only one thing. I am able to do four or five things in my mind at once, it helps when you can do that, while you teach subjects as such. Plus, your kind is much more versatile in the ways of outdoors. Gym is held outside... at all times."

He looked at her, "I know, but I mean it's also very nice, and appealing to the eye. You're like calligraphy." He said softly as he watched her, "You're pretty and it would be difficult for me to learn how to I guess understand you in a sense." He said trying to phrase everything he wanted to say, "Well I'm glad you have my sense of humor about somethings." He said laughing softly as he looked at her waving her fingers.

"I understand Emily." He said as he watched her and listened to her talk about how her race was able to think about even five things at once. "I get it. I'm an animal, of course my kind would be better at gym." He said softly as he looked back at the front and started to read his book.

"Well... you're only an animal at times?" She offered as a half way point. But she sighed in defeat. And began to pack up her books, as soon as her last book was in her bag, the bell rung. "I'll still teach you it if you want to know."

Emily took her leave then, quickly and without sound, making her way out into the hall before anyone else, mostly the humans. She had P.E. at this time. And rushed to the locker room, she changed into her sweat pants and tank top (though she didn't sweat, so she saw no need to) and tied up her runners.

With a flick of her hair, being tied into a bun, she walked out into the field, which was surrounded by woods... everything in this town was. She loved the darkness of it all.

He looked at her, "Yes I guess that's true." He said as he felt her backing down in defeat as he was being kind of stubborn about feeling beneath her from her words. "I'd love to." He said as he got up and packed his things.

His schedule mirrored hers quite closely and he had P.E. as well, so he ran to the locker room and changed into some shorts and and a shirt. He walked outside and looked at her with a small smile, even with her being mean to him and condescending he still liked being around her.

He walked over to her and sat down in the grass, "What do we have to do?" He asked as he looked over at the woods and then back over to her.

Emily was squatted in the grass, her eyes shut as she mumbled something. "Shh.. he's not here, it's a test." Her eyes flickered open and she looked at him, "You have to learn quickly, he will test us by taking away one of our sense, smell, notice how you can't smell anything? He doused the field in chlorine." She chuckled softly, standing up, all the other people were looking around, confused. "We have to find him before he finds us. And he will hurt us."

Her eyes glinted at that, "But I like danger."

With that she was jogging, towards the woods, without her nose, she had to rely on her eyes. The woods were dark, pitch black, darker than night... the moment she stepped into the darkness, her blue eyes glazed over red, allowing her vision.

He laughed, "That's what this is about? This should be a joke." He said as he transformed into a wolf and looked around before chasing down the gym teacher quickly. Devlin was extremely skilled in hunting and very aggressive, so when he found the teacher he knocked him on the ground and pinned him growling, "Do I win sir?" He asked as he looked into the other wolf's eyes.

He called out to the rest of the students, "I caught the teacher. You guys aren't very good at this." He said loudly as he looked around.

Even with all the chlorine his nose was still strong enough to pick up hints of where the teacher messed up by missing spots here and there, and forgetting to clean up his trail. Plus his eyes, ears, and his hunting instincts were beyond normal.

Emily scoffed. "It's just a game. It's something we do for fun. It's like tag... but more extreme." She explained, waving her hand about.

The teacher entered the field with Devlin, rubbing his head. "You all know what this means. Give the new guy one minute. Find him, bring him back." She rubbed his head again, "I'm getting a drink.." He muttered as he left into the school.

"60 seconds boy." She teased him, getting ready to start running after him, her eyes locking onto his form. Emily usually played it easy, but he seemed worthy for a challenge. The other vampires and wolves about also crouched, but looked less worthy of such a hunt.

"Go."

He was proud that that teacher was allowing him to be the one to hide, as he knew that he could hide himself so well that no one would find him. He cleared up his scent quickly using the the correct chemicals that would fog up all of the smells, but his nose was far beyond them, "I'll only need thirty now." He said standing in front of her.

It was almost like he disappeared into the grass, hidden beneath the shadows and the strong smells of the chemicals he mixed to cover his scent in every area the teacher missed. Only an elite werewolf would be able to catch him, and possibly an extremely keen vampire, but only if the vampire caught his movements.

Devlin transformed and he was gone, too fast to trace, and he was hidden far better than the teacher.

Unlike most vampires, lost in his speed, her eyes followed him. She took off after him, her speed unmatched by any other until this moment. A grin covered her face. "I will find you, new boy." She laughed. Emily looked about, having lost him in the pursuit. She stood straight and tall. "Hrm." She pouted, put off that she couldn't see him.

So, instead of caring about her classes, she headed towards the river near by, she was so deep in the forest, no one would know. She quickly discarded her cloths, and stepped inside. Loving the cool water around her body.

She always had loved being outdoors, swimming in the ocean or river.. anything. Under the canopy of the trees, she swam in the river.

He was already in the lake, and he was surprised to see that she came there without even realizing it. He moved silently through the water until he got up behind her and grabbed her hoping that she wouldn't try to kill him as he probably scared her. "You know sometimes luck helps everybody out." He said smiling.

He began to swim around once he'd made his presence known, "Its funny how you gave up after only a few minutes of trying to look for me, and no one would think to come here. Plus, my scent can't be traced in the water." He said smiling as he looked at her.

He was in his human form because he didn't like swimming as a wolf, it wasn't that easy and it got his fur all damp. He was naked and on his back looking up into the sky.

"I had no use looking for you. It's all a game, yes? See if I was hungry and knew you were out here I'd have chased you down with a bit more precision." She said, a shiver going up her back as he grabbed her, she jumped away from him, down the river... she didn't like being touched.

Emily took a breath before dunking herself completely coming back up and pushing her hair out of her face. The long wet strands floated at the top of the water, around her delicate body.

She didn't care about her own nude body being shown, he's sure he'd seen a naked woman before, if not face to face... well... what else was the internet for?

He shrugged, "Well I found it funny that you came to the only place on the neutral grounds that I truly love. There isn't anything around here that's so relaxing and so calming." He said as he saw her almost jump and move away from him. He sighed lightly as he looked at her.

He didn't know what exactly was going on with him, but he liked being around her, and that was weird because she was a vampire. Maybe the two could co-exist, but never on their own territory, it wouldn't work.

He loved being naked, and it wasn't like he was a virgin so he'd seen a naked woman before, but she was different. Her body was so perfect to him, and he was so attracted to it, but he didn't want her to leave him. Something about her made him want her there all the time.

"Something we can agree on." She sighed softly. "This river is beautiful, but have you ever swam in the ocean? Against the under-tow and the currents? Now that is what I called exhilarating." Emily looked down into the water, the stories were right.. no reflection shone back up at her. Her arms crossed over her chest, and another sad sigh left her perfect lips.

She eyes his nude form for a short moment, "Are all werewolves so open with their bodies? Or just you?" She asked, trying to get out of her sad past. She faked a smile at him, tucking her hair behind her head.

But Emily's eyes were still downcast, thinking about her life... when she was alive. How vibrant and full of wonder. Now nothing was a surprise, not even walking bare into a freezing lake brought excitement to her... she couldn't feel the cold swirling around her own icy form.

He looked at her describing the ocean and he shook his head, "No I've never been to an ocean. We don't have any on our lands and my mother has only told me to go to the neutral lands where the school is located. I wish I could someday though, you make it sound like so much fun." He said before noticing how sad she had become so quickly. He had noticed that she looked down and he put two and two together. She remembered that she had no reflection, and he understood how depressing that must have been.

He continued to swim until she asked him about his body, "Not really, but I don't care, I mean it was the way I was born, so why fight my nature." He said as he moved closer to her. He could tell she was upset and he wanted to change that.

He slowly put his hand on her shoulder, "You don't have to hide being sad around me. I know what's bothering you, I can see it in your eyes. You say you're dead, but not to me. Your eyes tell everything, and that is not a characteristic of a dead person." He said as he slowly moved his hand over her shoulder and her arm.

Back
Top Bottom