Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Deep in the Dark......

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pool was not too deep, only about twenty feet deep, though from just how clear it was, that could be somewhat deceptive. The glitter themselves, after looking into the depths, seems to resemble a pair of eyes, one glittering green, the very color of the moss, and the other a baleful, hateful and angry red.

[img=280x200 align=right]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/3b/Temptress-Emanaia.jpg[/img]
Emanaia Lajaira

Hearing the words of the khitan Emanaia simply awaited, she barely recognized the language as old stygian but could not get a single word of what was being said, that and not being able to perceive the creature at all left her just waiting for others to say something.

Meihui added something about this being 'the Cave of Pain' and yet something about 'others' but she didn't know either who the creature might be referring to. {Zingaran}"Maybe we should just continue exploration by our own, we don't know either how long the light will last or if we will be able to another one before we reach the exit. I believe you were the one guiding us Killian" stepping aside to let him guide, and thus not further distracting him with her luscious figure, Emanaia moved to the back to cover the khitan beauty's back, she considered it wouldn't be prudent to leave her open to any surprise from behind.

The creature seems to scowl, looking over everyone, before it slinks off, melting into the deeper darkness beyond the light and moving away from the cavern entrance.

Her own eyes were somewhat spoiled by years of easy access to lanterns and good quality candles, unused to peering into the gloom, and not requiring her physical senses be particularly sharp to preserve her mind or life. Her mystic ones were more then adequate, or at the least, the most trained of her senses. Still, she looked back over her shoulder, and gave a smile to the barbarian woman that had spoken in favor of cautious advance.

[Zingarian]"It occurs to me, that I have been somewhat remiss in my introductions. You may refer to me as Jīngměi." It was not her real name of course, but she would hardly give that to strangers. That, and the meaning of the word tickled her amusement, though there was no real reason to inform them of that.

But still, her features once again are that calm and somewhat aloof mask. [Zingnarian]"The creature indicates that there are other, presumably civilized," and she does not laugh at calling one of the barbarian cultures outside of the walls civilized, "people along the river. How distant, he is not saying. I may ask, if you wish?"

Killian nodded to Emanaia when she brought up guiding them again. {Zingaran}"Will do. One moment, though."

He glanced over to Jingmei as she introduced herself and nodded acknowledgement. {Zingaran}"Pleasure to meet you. Would any of you be willing to join me a moment? I'd like another witness or two."

[img=280x200 align=right]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/3b/Temptress-Emanaia.jpg[/img]
Emanaia Lajaira

Have the creature asked the khitan woman for her name?, Emanaia was not able to hear anything that sounded similar to the name she was giving to them right now, and if it wasn't like this why did she took so long to introduce herself. Zingaran have never been quick to trust others and so was Emanaia, if she trusted this strangers right now it was because of the circumstances force her to do so.

Nonetheless the temptress noded to the exotic woman and replied to her,{Zingaran}"I don't know if I should feel relieved or not Jīngměi, {Stygian}if that's your real name, {Zingaran} for this others might not be allies but could instead be the ones that brought us here, still if you you think this... creature will give us a truthful reply please ask him and let's just hope these other people have some answers to what has happened to us.

She then stepped aside and out of Killian's sight for he was clearly distracted by her luscious figure and sexy movements. No matter how much fun she could get playing with this man's head she wanted to go out and he seemed to know what he was doing, that is when not looking at her of course.

She nods, before bowing to the darkness were the creature was hiding. [Old Stygian]"I thank you for your information, and will take the wisdom you offer into consideration. However, one of my companions requires my attentions, due to a discovery he has made." And then, the bronzed skinned woman spoke, and she turned her head, and looked at her, and raised an eyebrow.

[Zingarian]"I do not entirely know or trust what the creature has said. It could indeed be allied with whatever brought us here, and the language that it speaks may lend some credence to that theory. However, I shall ask, as we shall learn nothing by sitting in the cave."

Turning back to the darkness, she speaks again.
"My companion has pointed out a fact I neglected to ask. How far away are the others from here?"

From the darkness, comes a shriek of fear, and the sound of something clattering away, something the size roughly of a human child, much like the creature that has been seen in the dim light, coming only when Jīngměi's final words were uttered. The shriek echoes, but stops, and soon, the running creature cannot be heard.

She frowned, as she looked into the darkness, eyes unable to pierce the gloom, but when she spoke, her words were weighted with calmness. [Zingarian]"It would seem, that the creature was familiar with the last language I spoke, and is somewhat afraid of it." Her tone was even and almost dry. "It may be that it has encountered the native speakers of it before, though from my understanding, they were supposed to have been wiped out...."

She trails off, before moving over to Killian, not speaking, but waiting for him to speak.

Killian considered the implications of a lost language holding terror for one, but as there was so much he didn't know, there wasn't much to weigh on the matter. When Jingmei finally approached, Killian simply pointed at the eyes within the pool, letting her make what she would of them.

Peering into the pool, she paused for a moment when she saw the... on a second glace, well, wasn't that interesting. [Zingarian]"An interesting pair of gems." She had merely murmured it, as she looked into the depths, eyes narrowed in concentration, as she thought to reach out with more then natural senses, for the glittering in the pool? Something made her uneasy.

Emanaia Lajaira

Without knowing what Killian and Meihui were talking about Emanaia replied back to the khitan's comment as she she grabbed her huge luscious orbs with both of her hands and caressed them for others to appreciate them better, {Zingaran}"Thanks Jīngměi, I like yours too, but shouldn't we focus first on getting out before flirting each other"

She raised an eyebrow, as she looked over at the tanned barbarian, before she spoke, her voice still aloof and somewhat amused. [Zingnarian]"There are a pair of gems at the bottom of the pool. While your own assets are indeed a notable feature, you may be assured that I shall make the attempt to place business before pleasure."

And it was even true to a great extent. Still, she turned her attention back to the pool, wondering if she should arrange for one of the others to venture into the pool to retrieve them....

The eyes in the depths begin to pulse and throb, their light increasing, little flames that seem to radiate hate and malice. Some of the rock seems to take on the shape of a mouth, and there is movement, slowly, back and forth.

Around the cavern, the plants seem to flicker for a moment, and then again. After the second time, the color they give off has changed. It is now a pale, red thing, that seems to coat the interior with a faint sheen of blood, and the hand, a great purple bruise made of screaming faces, is plainly visible as a part of the caves structure.

Emanaia Lajaira

Emanaia while not used to not be paid attention was glad to find someone who was not distracted by her gracious and curvaceous figure, {Zingaran}"A pair of gems, in a place like this" Emanaia found this strange and bent closer to have a look, she didn't know much about the natural state of gems or caves at all so she would probably have found amusing the discovery of gems wherever they where found not just at the bottom of an underground pool.

Emanaia stood aside so she wouldn't distract Killian for even while Meihui didn't say a word about it the zingaran beauty was also thinking in recovering the valuable gems. She quickly changed her mind though when she spotted what it really was at the bottom of the dark waters, "those are no gems Jīngměi, but eyes! Everyone stand back!"
Quickly unsheathing her sword she pulled Meihui backwards and got ready for whatever was about to happen.

[img=200x220 align=right]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/4e/Piper-fawn-posing-naked-1574.jpg[/img]
Vallah

Valllah spent the last few minutes standing a litttle bit dazed. She was trying to follow all the languege shifts. Some she spoke, others she didn't, but she realy couldn't keep it all straight. "Jewels?" she murmured, eyes locking on Emenaia's lacivious and lovely display. "What's..." she gasped when the plants suddenly changed collor. "What's going on now?"

Vallah scampered back from the pool, drawing her blade from the scabard.

She did not see what spooked the bronzed skin savage, as her own eyes were drawn elsewhere, to the great purple hand, the bruise like imprint that was holding them all in it's grip. What was worse, was what she could hear, a chill running down her spine, goosebumps pickling on the back of her arms. [Zingarian]"There is far worse. We must leave the cavern NOW." There is fear and terror in her voice, as she would move to take the separated pod, the only one that did not change color, to snatch it from the mans hands, before she would follow the surprisingly sensible creature.

[img=200x220 align=right]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/4/4e/Piper-fawn-posing-naked-1574.jpg[/img]
Vallah

The redhead gave a little whimper as she looked to the right and the left, "What's going on?" She whispered. Green eyes rose and widened. Her face went pale, and her hands clenched on her blade. "What sorcery... Everyone, out!"

Swallowing hard to keep her nerve, the redhead backed towards the tunnel, then stepped through into it, quick to make room for whoever would follow. "come on!"

She wouldn't leave the others behind, but was quite eager to press down the tunnel in the lead, sword still ready.

Emanaia Lajaira

Emanaia was sure what she had seen in the waters but it didn't seemed good, and she heard no voices either, not from the faces on the wall or from her surrounding companions but one thing was sure, she did want to go out of there as soon as she could.

The girls around her looked scared too and that didn't help, and Killian, she couldn't see him from her angle as she had moved aside just a moment ago so no to further distract him in the exploration. Still it was not too probable than being able to see him would have relaxed her from her current state.

Tightly grabbing Meihui hand, as she was closer to her, she repeated the very same words she just heard without even being aware of it, {Zingaran}We must leave the cavern NOW", and then she pulled the khitan with her, dragging her in some direction she believed could be an exit. If Meihui guides her to another direction instead she will follow as long as it takes them farther away from there, otherwise Emanaia will either use the force or run by herself.

There was a tendency of Killian's to linger, to observe, process the information around him before making a decision. That habit occasionally made things difficult for him, and this was one of those occasions. In his defense, these were the kind of transpirings that were worthy of consideration. It's just that they were also the kind that one should get away from. Immediately.

Standing back, as Emanaia hastily suggested, seemed as good an idea as any. Somehow, he processed that, nodding absently as he took a couple of steps back, his eyes no longer on the gems in the pool, but simply looking around at everything. When the Khitan said they needed to leave, he nodded, beginning to walk away with slow resolve. His glance shifted to the green pod in his hands as the Khitan reached for it. Why hadn't it changed color? He considered the way the pod had been cut free, and if that was why it glowed peacefully. He imagined the Khitan's head lopped off, floating a pale green before him, hovering away from him as though free.

A yell from someone distracted him. His pod was gone, being dragged away by one of his companions, and he suddenly realized he did not wish to be far from it, or them. {Zingaran}"I'm coming!"

As you move towards the opening in the rock, the tunnel out of the cave, it begins. It is a whisper from each of the five hundred stone heads, whispering a hundred words in a language that grates on the ear, like slabs of stone pulled against others, even as the light flickers and dims. And in that dimness of the light can be seen shapes. Shapes that are human, but are also, subtly and glaringly wrong. But, soon enough, they would be in the tunnel.

As they exit, there is a dry, keening laughter, bones scrapping against each other and cracking.

[img=500x280]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx54sc4KzR1qardsbo1_1280.jpg[/img]​

It's eyes burn with unlight, one somehow a malevolent, pulsing red, burning like an ember made from the hearts of men and women, and the other as green as envy and hate. Surrounding it, coming from the faces, are shadows in the shape of humans, weeping and howling with silent and eternal torment. There is a smile on the creatures face, as it looks directly at the escaping party... and then, the light dies, so utterly and completely that even Vallah cannot penetrate it.

Scant moments after you exit the cave, the red light, casting it's presence like blood spilled on the stone, vanishes, utterly and completely. If Vallah, keen of eye, looked back, all she would see is an inky, almost living gloom.

Vallah

The redhead whimpered as she glanced back. "Hurry," She gasped in Zingaren, forging ahead. "We need to be well and far away from that place!" Though in control, she felt downright frozen in fear!

She looked back, and she wished, after a few brief moments, that she was not quite that foolish, as ice clamped down on her spine, the shivers of terror gripping her rather tightly. Yes, the voices were bad, the threats and promises, the warning in the madding howl, but still, she would not drop the pod, taken from the male whose curiosity would probably be the death of him.. And she spoke, translating the words from the faces, his face a mask of fear, something haunted in her eyes.

[Zingarian]"Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it." Her voice is a whisper, soft and far less confident and assured then before.

[Zingarian]"It may be... prudent not to leave the light." And indeed, as she flees, she would keep a strong grip on the pod, her knuckles almost white, not wanting to loose that precious light.

Just how long would their flight through the darkness, carried in a bubble of light last? It would be impossible to tell for sure, the fear and the smooth sameness of the tunnel around them, illuminated only by that pale green light, giving few cues. And yet, as if they looked back, there were suggestions of shadows and things clawing and moving on the walls, of an inky darkness that struck tendrils into the dimmer portions of the light, none of it daring to come too close to the light.

From the corner of the eye, though downwards may be closer to the truth, there is a suggestion of things moving and writhing under the waters, where the light cannot reach, moving quickly in front of the fleeing group. And there is a shriek of utter terror and horror, a voice begging for it's life, in that language of old stygia. As the light comes on it, the creature from before, terror in it's eyes, clawing desperately at the banks, just has the time to look at the group, eyes wide with pain, before it is yanked under the surface with a scream, bubbles quickly vanishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom