Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Triwizard Troubles (mightydavidson ~ iilan)

Iilan

Star
Harry was home, well, what he considered to be home. The small brunette had just stepped off the Hogwarts Express and his heart felt as though it could just explode with happiness. The smell of the forest, the looming castle ahead, the Forbidden Forest's strange noises, they all made him feel welcomed and comforted, like a home should. His real home, number four Privet Drive, made him feel quite the opposite, like he was a prisoner and was quite the large burden upon the Dursley's. 'Thank God I'm out of that wretched place for the next few months.' He thought to himself as he adjusted his school robes before finally entering the Great Hall, a grin spreading across his delicate face. This was it, this was the place he had longed for the whole summer, the place he had been dying to get back to; a place where he went without judgment for the most part, the place where he could cast spells, the place where his friends were. Speaking of his friends, how could they abandon him on the train like that? He had just gone to the bathroom and when he returned they were already on their way up to the castle.

He looked down the Gryffindor table and spotted them, waving him over, and he hastily made his way to his seat next to Ron and directly across from Hermione. "Thanks for abandoning me you two, I never figured my two best friends would leave me on the train all alone." Ron and Hermione both rolled their eyes, Hermione speaking up. "You were taking forever, Harry! What were we supposed to do? Miss the carriages?"

"She's right Harry, for someone who claims he went to take a piss you sure took forever." Ron said, chucking as he chewed his food.

"Like Ron so rudely said," the girl said, throwing the red head a dirty look as she wiped some food that had shot out from the male's open mouth off of her uniform, "you were taking forever. You must have had to walk here because we're sure we got the last carriage."

A light tint of redness came to Harry's cheeks, it was true, he had taken quite the long piss in the bathroom, but it was no excuse for them to abandon him. "Yeah, I walked, but it was nice! And my piss wasn't that long, honestly, it was three minutes max." Hermione and Ron were about to retort, but then Dumbledore began to speak and everyone in the Great Hall knew it was time to shut their traps.

Instead of staring at the great wizard in front of him though, his eyes wandered about the Great Hall, looking at all the people. He could tell all the first years were scared shitless, their cheeks were still pudgy and they were practically shaking with excitement or nervousness. His eyes wandered to the Slytherin table, noticing Draco with a smug look on his face as he ignored Dumbledore's speech, trying hard to look rebellious. Next was the Ravenclaw table, all of them with their backs straight and staring at Dumbledore, all obviously listening intently; and then there was the Hufflepuff table, and Harry's green eyes stopped as his they fell upon a certain boy, the Hufflepuff seeker, Cedric Diggory. His heart, even though he was entirely sure it was impossible, felt like it had expanded even more, excitement and happiness filling it. His brow furrowed a bit, what the hell was that all about?

Though part of him was listening to the Headmaster talk about the Tri Wizard Tournament, Cedric Diggory's attention was focussed elsewhere. Having already read about the tournament in the Daily Prophet Cedric knew about most of the details already and was mostly paying attention in order to hear how he might be able to be a part of the tournament. The rest of his attention was focussed someplace it had often found itself in the previous two school years. Anybody who knew him well didn't have to ask what he was thinking about, they'd already know who was on his mind.

Harry Potter.

For quite some time Cedric had known he was gay and though he'd had some discrete relationships amongst his fellow Hufflepuffs, only Harry Potter had ever inspired anything resembling what Cedric thought true love might feel like. The problem was that Harry himself had no idea how Cedric felt about him and Cedric was quite frankly at a loss as to how to tell him. Many times he'd considered simply walking up to Harry and confessing his feelings but he thought that might be too forward, he certainly didn't want to scare Harry off.

Watching Harry discretely out of the corner of his eye, Cedric ran his fingers through his auburn hair as he wondered if Harry was dating Ron or Hermione. Not for the first time he pondered the idea that Harry might already be an item with one of his best friends and just as he had many times before, he pushed the thought from his head. That would only make him crazy.

'So how do I turn the Boy Who Lived, into the Boy Who Loves Me?" Cedric thought to himself.

As Dumbledore rambled on about something called the Triwizard Tournament, Harry found himself to continue to glance at the auburn haired Cedric Diggory, the seeker of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. He looked back to Dumbledore for a moment, in case anyone was watching him actually stare at Cedric. How awkward would that be? To be caught staring at another boy. Truth be told, he didn't even know why he was looking at the boy, he couldn't explain it, it made him feel...strange. He noticed Cedric's striking features, his high cheek bones, his soft-looking hair, his pink lips...Harry felt like he was about to smack himself! What the hell was he thinking? Was he really admiring Cedric Diggory for his looks? Only the girls at Hogwarts did that, not him. Still though, he glanced at the male for a bit longer than was needed and noticed that the other male was actually looking at him. Shit! Did he know he was staring? Did he think he was a freak or something? Well, Cedric wasn't looking at him strangely, he was simply staring, giving no indication as to whether he was feeling disgusted on the inside from being gawked at by Harry.

So what did Harry do? He simply smiled at the male softly, trying to give off some sort of vibe that he was friendly, he raised his hand and waved for a slight moment before putting his hand back onto the table. He hoped he didn't freak Cedric out or anything, the two barely knew each other. They perhaps exchanged words before a Quidditch game or two and slammed at one another on their broomsticks during games, but that was about the pinnacle of their interaction together. Harry stiffened as he felt a sharp jab to his side, looking to his left to see Ron with a confused look on his face. "Why is Cedric Diggory staring at you?" He whispered so Dumbledore wouldn't hear him, Harry simply shrugged his shoulders, he truly didn't know the answer to that question.

Lost in his thoughts concerning Harry Potter, it took Cedric a few moments to realise that the boy in question was actually looking at him. For a moment he couldn't belive that it was true then Harry smiled and waved at him and Cedric's heart soared within him. Trying to look casual Cedric returned the smile and waved back but inwardly Cedric was anything but calm, as his mind was racing.

Harry had smiled at him, did that mean the other boy was interested in him or was Harry simply being polite? The younger boy certainly appeared to have been staring at him but that could just be wishful thinking on his part since he'd often imagined Harry staring lustfully at him before prompting Cedric to walk over to him and.....

'Now this is no place for that,' he chided himself, mentally. 'The last thing I need is to get all hot and bothered in the Great Hall. Fancy trying to explain that.'

Still the moment had been noticed and Cedric catalogued it in his mind. Perhaps his dreams of romance with Potter weren't so hopeless after all.

"And now Prefects, please guide your first years to their common rooms." Dumbledore said, finally finishing his lengthy speech about the Triwizard Tournament.

Harry felt his stomach turn as Cedric returned his friendly smile and wave. He instantly questioned his body about this, wondering what the feeling was. To be honest, the feeling was oddly familiar, he had felt it before about a girl once, but never about a boy. The feeling was one of a crush forming, but Harry didn't want to believe it. He didn't find boys attractive, he was pretty positive of that fact. As everyone stood to go to their common rooms, he stood put for a few seconds, still staring at Cedric like a madman. "Harry, you coming?" Hermione asked as she looked at him with a raised brow.

The boy shook his head, "no, I'll meet you guys there in a few minutes."

Ron chuckled at this and looked over at Cedric. "Going to confront Diggory about his little staring problem?"

Harry rolled his eyes, but nodded at the male. "I'm going to say hello, no need in getting on his bad side if we're going to be playing against each other in Qudditch, I don't want him to curse a bludger or anything like that." Truth be told, that wasn't what he was going to do at all, oh no. He wanted to see what was going on with Cedric, to see if something was wrong with him, there was no reason for him to be staring at him like he was, but then again there was really no reason for Harry to be staring at Cedric either.

The boy pushed past a couple people, mostly younger ones who didn't know where they were going until he got to Cedric. His palms were sweating and he could feel adrenaline moving through his veins, he was nervous, terribly so. He cleared his throat and plastered a small smile on his face. "Erm...Cedric?" His voice was a bit soft, nervous to be talking to the male, but loud enough to hear. "I just wanted to say hello and that to wish you luck with Quidditch this year." Well, maybe he didn't lie to Ron after all.

As he watched Harry Potter walking over to him, Cedric wondered what was on the famous boy's mind. Would Potter be upset that Cedric was staring at him or merely curious about why Cedric was staring at him? Naturally Cedric hoped for a sudden declaration of undying love but he was practical enough to realise that was unlikely at this stage. The greeting he recieved was all he could've expected really though Cedric thought he detected some nervousness in Potter's voice.

"Hello Harry," Cedric replied, as he discretely looked the other boy over. "Thanks for the good wishes, I'd wish you good luck as well but I'm afraid the Tournament might interfere with Quidditch this year."

Which would likely annoy a good many people and would've annoyed Cedric himself, were he not focussed entirely upon winning the heart of the boy in front of him.

"You alright there Harry?" he asked, curiously. "You seem a bit nervous."

Shit. Cedric noticed he was a bit nervous. Well, it's not like he hid it entirely well, his voice was a bit breathy and he most likely had a blush across his cheeks, that happened whenever he got nervous, excited, or angry...or nearly any emotion as it turned out. Another thing Harry wanted to kill himself for was not listening to Dumbledore, seeing as now he looked like a fool for not noticing that the Tournament was going to interrupt with Quidditch, even though the headmaster just said it. "Oh, right." The boy said, trying to pull a convincing fake laugh out of his ass. "Well, never mind then about Quidditch."

Along with the fake laugh he just pulled out of his ass, he was now attempting to pull out acting. "Nervous? Oh, no. What would I have to be nervous over?" Harry smiled lightly at the male, his green eyes staring into the other man's light brown ones. 'Could it be that I'm nervous because I'm experiencing some rather strange feelings while I'm talking to you? Or the fact that you were staring at me less than thirty seconds ago and now here I am, looking like an idiot.' Harry's stomach lurched as he stood there, feeling like a complete dumbass, which Cedric probably also thought he was. "Did you have a nice summer holiday?" He questioned, attempting to change the subject. "I mean, after the whole Quidditch World Cup fiasco."

Oh Harry might have any number of things to be nervous about, Cedric thought to himself as he checked out the other boy. Looking into those green eyes, Cedric hoped that it was him who was making Harry nervous because Harry actually was interested in him. It was almost to much to hope for but it wasn't beyond the realm of possibility.

"Oh it was pretty good, all things considered," Cedric replied, hoping he wasn't being too obvious as he checked Potter out. "None of my family was hurt during the attack thankfully. How was your summer?"

Of course, Cedric had heard that Harry didn't get on with the muggle family he lived with but he didn't know all the details and hoped he hadn't said something to upset Harry. After all he'd had no idea what else to ask just then and it was probably way to early to admit his own feelings for Potter. He wanted to dearly of course but he understood that being to forward could frighten Harry off since Cedric was almost certain Harry was fairly inexperienced at this sort of thing.

Harry's brow raised slightly as he noticed Cedric looking him over like a piece of meat. Perhaps it was just his imagination or something like that, or perhaps Cedric was just admiring his school uniform? He tried to make up excuses, but none seemed to fit quite right. Was the older boy actually checking him out? He couldn't be, that was just ridiculous. Cedric liked Cho Chang, right? Well, that's what he heard last year anyway.

"Well, I'm glad no one in your family was hurt." He smiled, running his hand through his dark hair idly. "None of us were hurt either, I think we were pretty lucky." He winced a bit once Cedric asked about his summer. His summer was filled with boring, long days and constant yelling. He couldn't send out letters and he wasn't receiving many either. "To be honest my summer was pretty horrendous, but I'm glad to be back at Hogwarts." He laughed slightly, hoping to shrug off any awkwardness that may have been caused. He looked behind him as chairs scraped the floor and the teachers were leaving and noticed that he and Cedric were the only two students left in here. "We better go. we can talk while we walk if you'd like."

The situation was a bit akward but not so much that Cedric was discouraged. He hadn't scared Potter off after all and there were some indications that he might be interested, strong indications even and not just flights of fancy conjured from Cedric's lusty imagination.

"I would like that," Cedric admitted, with a smile. "Perhaps we can even hang out together some time, if you want to?"

A bold first step but Cedric was well aware that friendship had to be offered before his true feelings could be admitted. Getting Potter to trust him was very important, especially since he didn't want Harry thinking he was simply a one night stand for him. Harry was much more then that and had been for quite awhile.

Cedric recalled Harry's second year at Hogwarts and that messy business with the Chamber of Secrets. He hadn't for a moment belived Harry was guilty of the attacks but Harry looked so upset at being blamed that Cedric had wanted to snuggle him close and hold him untill Harry had cheered up again. He hadn't of course but part of him regretted not doing so.

Cedric Diggory, the man most girls at Hogwarts lusted after wanted to hang out with him. What the fuck was this? When did he become so popular with the older kids? Well, it might have been something to do with him being the Boy Who Lived...three times. Perhaps Cedric wanted to know more about his encounters with Voldemort or something? 'Or maybe he just wants to be my friend...I'm a nice, interesting person, right? Right.' He nodded, assuring himself that Cedric was simply interested in starting a friendship with him for the sake of having more friends, nothing more.

"Sure, I'd love to hang out with you sometime." Harry said as they walked out of the Great Hall and began to ascend the staircases. "Maybe we can find something to do around the castle, or go to Hogsmede on one of the trips or something." He smiled and shrugged. "We'll figure something out."

Truthfully, Harry was a bit scarce for ideas for two boys to do together. When he and Ron hung out it was always with Hermione and on the rare occasions that she wasn't there, they were usually doing something involving Voldemort or talking about a crush Ron has or something of that sort, nothing really terribly exciting or groundbreaking. "Unless you have something you want us to do." Harry could feel the nervousness slowly shrink and a bit of confidence rise, although he was still a bit skeptical about the feeling that was running through his body, he put those thoughts aside for the moment.

Oh Cedric could think of several things to do with Harry, things he was pretty sure Harry would enjoy immensley. However those things were going to have to wait a bit, at least untill he and Harry became more comfortable with each other. Something Cedric hoped would happen fairly quickly.

"Oh I'm sure we'll figure something out," Cedric agreed. "I don't think anybody's discovered all there is to learn about Hogwarts, I'm sure just exploring could occupy us for quite some time."

Though at the moment the only interest Cedric had in exploring was discovering out of the way places where he could have fun with Harry without getting caught. Not that he didn't enjoy exploring now and then, he certainly did, but at the moment he had a bit of a one track mind.

"I know a couple of good places in Hogsmeade too, now that I think about it," Cedric added. "I could show you them the next time we go into town."

"Exploring sounds fun, I'm sure there's tons in this castle no one has found yet, but exploring Hogsmede sounds even better." Well, technically, with the Marauder's Map Harry could find nearly anything in this castle with just a few words, but he couldn't tell Cedric that, the map was his little secret. He smiled as they arrived at the portrait of the Fat Lady and turned to look at Cedric. "Thanks for walking me to my common room." Oh lord, Harry realized that's usually what you said at the end of a date or something, he hoped Cedric didn't take it the wrong way. "Well...I'm sure I'll see you around, but if you want to make plans for tomorrow or something, want to meet me somewhere?" Harry felt like he was setting up a play date or something and that made him feel extremely weird, but he simply placed a smile on his face and forced himself through it. The man did seem interesting and if he wanted to be friends, Harry certainly wouldn't mind it.

"That would be fine with me," Cedric replied, with a grin. "Perhaps we could meet by the entrance?"

This was going better then Cedric had ever expected. Though he'd been harbouring his feelings for Harry for a couple of years now, part of him had never belived that Harry might actually be interested. It was a small part, the very tiny portion of Cedric's personality that harboured cynicism and Cedric was quite happy that his more romantic thoughts appeared to be accurate.

"Unless of course you'd rather meet me someplace else?"

Naturally Cedric didn't care to much where Harry met him, so long as Harry did actually meet him. He felt as if he was planning a date and the very idea made his heart race.

"The entrance is great, I'll meet you there in the morning then, after breakfast?" It wasn't really so much an actual question, seeing as Harry wasn't exactly waiting for an answer. He gave Cedric a smile and a small wave before muttering the password to the Fat Lady and she swung open, allowing the boy inside. "It was fun talking to you, Cedric, see you tomorrow." And with that, Harry was gone, inside the common room and the Fat Lady closed behind him. Harry would be lying if he wasn't happy with himself and the huge grin on his face was a telltale sign that he was happy. He was actually excited to see Cedric tomorrow, nearly throughout all of his years at Hogwarts it was always just Ron and Hermione as his friends, perhaps Cedric wanted to be his best friend as well? The Hufflepuff Hottie, as he was called by many adoring girls, wanted to be his friend. Harry rolled his eyes, feeling like a giddy schoolgirl who had just talked to the most popular boy in school; how ridiculous. Still, he was truly excited for tomorrow, though deep down he wasn't exactly certain if it was because he was making a new friend, or because he just wanted to see Cedric again.

"See you tomorrow Harry," Cedric replied, as Harry walked into Gryffindor Tower. Once Harry was gone, Cedric turned around and began walking to his own house, whistling a happy tune as he did so.

Wether or not Harry Potter was interested in him or not hadn't quite been decided yet, regardless he was going to see Harry tomorrow and at the very least it looked liked the two of them would end up being friends. It was better then nothing at all and it was an excellent first step, if he wasn't imagining all those signs that Harry was interested in him.

Tomorrow was definetly shaping up to be an interesting day.

Morning came a lot sooner than he expected, but truthfully Harry was a bit excited to wake up. He told himself that it was just because he wanted to have school start finally and that having Saturday start meant Monday would come even sooner. The boy also knew that he was indeed feeding himself bullshit, but he knocked that thought right out of his brain as he dressed himself, his hair still a bit damp from his shower.

Ron and Hermione were waiting for him in the Great Hall. Ron shoveling his breakfast down his throat and Hermione occasionally pecking at things on her plate. "Good morning, Harry." Hermione said as the boy took a seat next to her, Ron nodding at the male as he shoved some eggs into his mouth; the boy obviously missed the house elves' cooking. The brunette girl rolled her eyes at the red headed male and turned her attention to Harry, closing some book that she was reading. "Do we have any plans for today? Only one more day until school actually begins." Harry smiled, hearing the excitement in Hermione's voice even though she attempted to hide it.

"Actually, Cedric Diggory asked me to hang out with him today." Harry announced to the two of them, moving his fork to play with his own food. Ron had stopped eating and Hermione's brow raised as she looked at Harry. "What the bloody hell does he want to hang out with you for?" The red head blurted out, his brows furrowed together. "Ronald! Please!" The brunette glared daggers at the male before looking back to Harry. "I think what Ron means is that it's rather strange for Cedric to want to hang out with a fourth year when he's...older, more mature." Harry appreciated how she tried to put it in kinder words, but he did understand where she was coming from. "I honestly don't know why he wants to spend time with me, but I think it's great, making new friends and all. I mean you two have more friends besides me, right? It's time for me to get at least one more, don't you think?" His two best friends couldn't argue with that, Hermione hung out with Ginny on occasion and Ron had his share of male friends that lived in the same room with he and Harry.

The boy hurried through his breakfast and said his farewells to Hermione and Ron before moving to the entrance of the school, right outside the front doors. Being September and all, Fall was coming and Harry shivered slightly as a strong gust whipped his hair a bit. Where was Cedric? He hoped they would be going somewhere a bit warmer.

Though he had no specific idea where he intended to go with Harry, Cedric did indeed plan to head someplace warmer then the front entrance. As much as he loved the outdoors, enduring the fall weather was not what he considered a good time even if he was spending that time with Harry.

"Hello Harry," Cedric called, as he reached the front entrance. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting long."

Truth be told, Cedric had hurried through his breakfast as quickly as he could but as he didn't want to be a bad example for the younger students he refrained from actually wolfing his food down. Apparently Harry hadn't worried about that or simply ate faster then Cedric did. At any rate Cedric didn't care why Harry was early, he was simply glad that Harry was there.

"I figured we could start exploring up on the third floor, up where they used to keep that three headed dog that you and your chums outwitted," Cedric said. "I've always wondered if all the tunnels you went through to find the Philosopher's Stone were still there."

Which was quite true, though at the moment Cedric was more interested in privacy then he was in exploration. Being alone with Harry just now was far more important to him then anything.

Harry smiled once he saw Cedric appear at the front entrance. His mind couldn't help but register how good he looked in this dull light, his hair whipping a bit from the wind. His eyes widened a bit as he realized what he was thinking. He mentally smacked himself, wondering what the hell it was all about. He liked girls, not boys! He was certain of it, but there was no problem admiring handsome men, right? Right. "No, I wasn't here long, just got here actually." He moved closer to the older male and towards the entrance. He was very, very relieved once Cedric mentioned that he wanted to explore inside the castle as opposed to outside, especially since he didn't even bring a jacket. "That's a great idea! I doubt Fluffy is still there, so we won't have to deal with that monstrosity." He motioned Cedric with his hand as he walked back into the castle. "Come on, I think I still remember the way."

"Lead the way then Harry," Cedric replied, with a smile. Without hesitation Cedric followed Harry, not caring what anybody might think as he did so. He'd long ago learned not to let people's opinions bother him, he was the way he was and if that bothered anybody then that was their problem.

'Not that many folks would give me grief for following Harry Potter,' Cedric thought. 'I wonder if Harry knows how many people would gladly follow him to fight Voldemort, if he only asked?'

Of course there were other benefits to following Harry, namely the opportunity to admire the younger boy's bottom as he walked. Certainly Harry was a little on the thin side but Cedric thought he had a fine arse despite that and Cedric had certainly done enough comparing to know.

'Don't know what girls see in Malfoy,' Cedric mused. 'Harry's much nicer looking and twice as pleasent besides!"

The boy lead the way to the third floor, just like Cedric had asked. After thinking for a moment he finally figured out just which door was the one to Fluffy's chamber. "This is it." He told Cedric, looking back to smile at the taller male before pulling the door open. It had only been three years or so since he had last stepped into the room, but it was already a bit dusty and even gloomier than he had remembered it. "Lumos." He muttered as he pulled out his wand, using it to light up the room, seeing as there were absolutely no traces of light, save for one torch. He looked around the room, noticing how absolutely dull it was, which probably disappointed Cedric. "I swear this place was a lot more lively when the three-headed dog was here." He laughed slightly, pointing his wand in different directions to see if there was anything interesting. He stepped further into the room and found the trap-door Fluffy guarded and got on his knees, staring at it, wondering if there was anything under there any more.

"Well just between you and me," he replied, as he looked around the room. "I prefer the gloomy room to the three headed dog anyday. Better to be bored then to be eaten."

Walking over to where Harry was kneeling, Cedric looked at the trapdoor speculatively. It shouldn't be too hard to get open, even if the hinges had rusted a bit so if Harry wanted to explore down there Cedric doubted there would be any difficulty.

"You think there's anything still down there?" he asked. "I'd imagine the staff would've removed the Devil's Snare by now. Still goint to be tricky navigating the drop though."

He and Harry could summon their brooms of course, though he wasn't sure if Harry had learned that spell yet.

Truth be told, Harry did want to explore down there. He had never even thought of exploring the damn place, his and Cedric's friendship was off to a great start already. "Yeah, if Fluffy were here I would probably piss myself. Facing a three headed dog once was pretty shocking, but if I had to do it again I'd probably die." He joked, looking next to him to see Cedric's face. His heart jumped a bit as he glanced at the male, which made Harry blush, fuck this could not be happening. He could not think Cedric Diggory was attractive. "Um...n-no, I doubt the Devil's Snare is still down there. I mean, it's been three years they had to have taken it out, especially if Fluffy is gone." He rubbed his head for a moment. "Do you have any ideas? I mean...if you want to go, that is."

"Well we could summon our brooms to fly down there," Cedric replied. "If you know that spell that is. Otherwise I could summon my broom and we could double up."

Which was actually a better idea, now that Cedric thought about it. The idea of Harry Potter's body pressed to his own as they rode down was simply too wonderful. Especially as he was becoming more and more sure that there was some interest there. He was no expert certainly but he'd seen the signs often enough in others to recognise them in Harry.

"Shouldn't be too much trouble," he said, as he reached down to pull the trap door open. "So long as we don't try to descend to quickly. What do you say Harry?"

Harry was a bit embarrassed to admit it, but he hadn't learned the summoning charm yet. "I guess we're going to have to double up." The boy said, a small smile coming to his lips. He hoped it wouldn't be uncomfortable for Cedric, because the more he thought about it, he wouldn't mind being pressed to Cedric, with only the other boy's body to keep him from falling. He was happy that the other boy wanted to join him down there, it was sort of like he was showing him a part of his past, a part he had only shared with Hermione and Ron, but now with Cedric Diggory. Perhaps this was going to be the start of a great friendship after all. "Well, cast the spell and summon your broom, we haven't got all day." He teased, but truthfully he was a bit impatient.

Back
Top Bottom