Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Manga Are You Reading? -Thread-

LadyAthene

Supernova

Basically, this is the respective counterpart to the 'What Anime Are You Watching?' thread.

The only real difference is this is for people who prefer to read mangas over watching anime usually. Or, should you not fall under this category, this can also be for anyone who just wants to show off/recommend/whatnot all that they're are/have read.

The simplest of answers - at least for me - is because I read faster than my laptop can load up an episode [particularly with as few commercials as possible, given most sites have at least a few at the half-way marks].

I have a list on mangatown.com; however, I'm also posting what I'm currently working on.

Why?

Partly because I can and well ... why not?

So, here's my current list of things I'm reading. Side note, should you recognize the names of anything I am in the midst of reading, please don't give any spoilers. These are all things I'm not finished with, either due to the series not being complete yet or the fact I just started some new mangas.

What Athene Is Currently Reading:

Akumetsu - Chapter 64
Basilisk - Chapter 8
Black Clover - Chapter 37
Boku No Hero Academia - Up-to-date thus far
Jisatsutou [Suicide Island] - Up-to-date thus far
Shokugeki No Soma - Up-to-date thus far

I have a lot more that I intend to read. For now, however, I'm trying to avoid reading too many new things at once so I'm limiting myself.

And now, for anyone else who has found this thread, feel free to post in any mangas you are currently reading and/or have finished.

For those who want to check my online list out, it's right here

RE: The 'What Manga Are You Reading?' Thread

[size=-2]Black Joke - Up to date.
Nozoki Ana - Finished
Kangoku Gakuen -Still reading
Lookisim- Still reading
Household Affairs-Still reading
Sweet Guy-Still reading
Brawling Go- Still reading

Thanks for making the thread, you actually beat me to it.[/size]

No problem, Dark Desires. I'm honestly amazed this thread was never made before. Almost every anime is also a manga so ... I would have thought this would have been posted up sooner. Ah well. Better late than never.

Kingdom: up to date
Seitokai Yakuindomo: up to date

And I don't know if webcomics count but if they do
Tamen De Gushi: up to date
My dear cold blooded king: up to date
Rise from the ashes: up to date

I've been mostly keeping up with Berserk, JoJo Part 8, Gakkougurashi, Tsurezure Children, One Punch-Man, and Seraph of the End at the moment.

I'm up to date with some manga that are still running like One Punch Man, Boku no Hero Academia, One Piece, Akatsuki no Yona, Kuroshitsuji, and Shingeki no Kyojin. I'm also working on finally finishing some manga I used to read when it was still running but are now finished, like Magi and Fairy Tail. And I'm up to date with some webtoons like Sweet Home and BTS' official comic Save Me.

Send in the Combatants. Basically an evil organization teleports their head henchman to take over a fantasy world. Done by the guys who made Konosuba. It is pretty funny.

I recently started reading One Punch Man, it’s so good. I tried it back when season 1 of the anime started airing but I couldn’t get into it. Now that season 2 is airing my brother convinced me to try it again. Someow it clicked this time and I’m loving it so much. I’m almost caught up.

Woah I know this thread is like a month old but!! I dont watch anime hahahaha

If anyone is interested, they should read Toilet Bound Hanako-kun its super cute!! :’-D

I tried rereading Haikyu and I'm tempted to read Magi and Dr. Stone.... so long as I got the time hahaha

So far only One Piece keeps my attention as far as what has weekly releases. But I have a few volumes of several series, and only the entire series of a few that have only around 10 volumes in total like Pet Shop of Horrors and Death Note. Otherwise I am still in the midst of collecting my reigning favorite, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and in no particular order otherwise, Rave Master, Ranma 1/2, One Piece and probably at least one more I can't remember at the moment because they're buried in my storage unit somewhere.

Might depend on which ones.

I'm reading My Hero Academia finally, didn't realize there was a place to do it for free without getting a virus or something on my computer. I'm only about 60 chapters in and there's like 250 now so it'll take a while to catch up. It's okay so far, feels like things go way faster than how most other stories in manga progress so it's a little weird that so many major events have happened after only that long. It will still be a while before I add it to my fandoms, if I even do so at all, because none of the characters really feel like someone I would want to play as, or play opposite to in a romantic pairing.

Well, here goes...
Red Storm
Magician
Tower of God
One Last God Kubera

For me they have had enjoyable characters and a plot that evolves/progresses without giving away too much too quickly. The author for Kubera in particular is very good at this, and keeping you hooked, especially in later chapters.

I highly recomend : Record of Ragnarok (Shuumatsu no Walkure)

Do you like Battle Royal's? Of coarse you do! How about Mythology? Who wouldn't?! How about a Tournament ark? "Did you say tournament ark?" Yes Timmy, tournament ark. "So this story has one?" No timmy, better.... This story, IS a tournament ark! : Record of Ragnarok begin's with the god's of every pantheon, from Egyptian to Norse to Greek pondering one of life's greatest mysteries.... Should we destroy all humans already? Yes, in the ever lasting debate of how fucked up us humans are the god's are ready to flip the switch, pull the plug, say goodbye to their creations. After all we destroy the earth they gave us, harm each other and rarely find redemption. However, a bright idea comes up between them; To finally decide the fate of all humanity. How about we have a series of 1 on 1 battles between us god's and all of humanities best and brightest throughout history? It only get's more bad ass from there people. Is it the best? No, but what it rarely fails to do in it's story beats is more then made up for in amazing battle after amazing battle involving mythological and historical figures. Each changing just slightly to match up with who is facing whom. If you ever wanted to see a Nordic God fight one of the Three Kingdom's era chinas greatest warriors then read this manga. It is made all the more better by the fact these larger then life figures by being just that, are Absolute Mad Lad's. : I promise you won't regret the read.

Authors:
Fukui, Takumi
(Story),
Umemura, Shinya
(Story),
Ajichika
(Art)

Last edited:
I mean what mangos am I not reading at the moment lol
Lets see

One Piece
One Punch
Demon Slayer
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Komi San can't speak
Akame ga kill 0
Blue Exorcist
Golden Kamui
Dr. Stone
Fire Force
Goblin Slayer
Fairy Tail 100 years quest
7 Deadly Sins
Overlord
Shiel Hero
Re:Monster
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Spy Family
Vinland Saga
And several others that I don't know the English name and don't wanna type out the Japanese name for

One Piece, every single week it comes out. Oda is a fucking legend and right now his manga decades in the making is coming to one hell of a crescendo! Check it out!

One Piece, every single week it comes out. Oda is a fucking legend and right now his manga decades in the making is coming to one hell of a crescendo! Check it out!
I am despising this flashback and how stupid it made Oden look regardless of his motives.

Back
Top Bottom