Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Manga Are You Reading? -Thread-

At the moment I'm reading Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san (The Helpful Fox Senko-san) after feeling a severe lack of mofumofu in my life.

Currently reading Liar Game, 20th Century Boys, Naruto, Monster Musume and Plus-sized Elf + some webtoons/manhwa on the side like Tower of God.

To Your Eternity. Pretty sure it's going to be a rollercoaster of emotions.

Berserk.
I'm waiting for it to get out of edgy tropefest territory like everyone says it will. The anime got outta that zone pretty quickly.

Berserk.
I'm waiting for it to get out of edgy tropefest territory like everyone says it will. The anime got outta that zone pretty quickly.
Canta.

Berserk is SO good, it's not even funny, the edginess is part of the charm and the latter part of the Golden Age is one of the best story arcs period. It's sad we'll likely never see the end of it, however.

I'm reading Goodnight Punpun for the first time, I'm sure @TheSluttyBanshee is proud of me for that.

Canta.

Berserk is SO good, it's not even funny, the edginess is part of the charm and the latter part of the Golden Age is one of the best story arcs period. It's sad we'll likely never see the end of it, however.

I'm reading Goodnight Punpun for the first time, I'm sure @TheSluttyBanshee is proud of me for that.
Goodnight Punpun is so good. Almost every chapter physically hurt to read. It's definitely not for everyone and not for those mentally/emotionally vulnerable, but it's one of the best mangas I've read. Though admittedly I haven't read many. It's just pain and sadness from beginning to end, but handles the themes and topics it touches on better than most ever could, imo.

Canta.

I second this. The Golden Age Arc is a fucking MASTERPIECE and you can't convince me otherwise

Currently binge-reading Horimiya and Yotsuba&!. Wanted to some light reading for the holidays and these two are certainly doing the trick

Among those I enjoyed
Villain's savior (petered out)
Beatrice (cant remember why I quit)
What's wrong with you duke (got on my nerve despite the trope I love, virginal villain)
Under the oak tree, though I guess it's a spoiler, fills the need for now

Last edited:
It is! I saw the anime when it aired so I was knowing what I was getting into, but like almost always the manga turned out way better than the anime, though I also still really like the adaptation.
Honestly loving these slice of life manga getting really good anime adaptations recently. First Horimiya, and more recently Komi-san Can't Communicate

Honestly loving these slice of life manga getting really good anime adaptations recently. First Horimiya, and more recently Komi-san Can't Communicate
I agree. Personally I even liked Komi-San's adaptation more than the original manga, which is surprising. Hyped for the season 2 in spring-season as well!

I agree. Personally I even liked Komi-San's adaptation more than the original manga, which is surprising. Hyped for the season 2 in spring-season as well!
Same here! Just hope that for God's sake they show less of Yamai in Season 2

Same here! Just hope that for God's sake they show less of Yamai in Season 2
Yeah. I usually like yandere-characters, but every time Yamai is on the screen I just wish she would screw off somewhere else.

Can't remember exactly what parts the S2 covers, but if I remember correctly she will be there, and she sadly won't be any less annoying and irksome.

Yeah. I usually like yandere-characters, but every time Yamai is on the screen I just wish she would screw off somewhere else.

Can't remember exactly what parts the S2 covers, but if I remember correctly she will be there, and she sadly won't be any less annoying and irksome.
Goddamnit. The best moment she has is when she's not even around. I understand the message of forgiveness, but Jesus, she kindapped your best friend and thought she knew what was best for you, you should get a restraining order

Goddamnit. The best moment she has is when she's not even around. I understand the message of forgiveness, but Jesus, she kindapped your best friend and thought she knew what was best for you, you should get a restraining order
Yeah. I also get that + the fact the mangaka tries to make her a funny parody of a famous trope, but I think that she's just annoyance who isn't funny majority of the time.

Chi no Wadachi
One of the most intense psychological thriller manga I've ever come across. There's a distinct lack of edge and bullshit in this, and instead the reader is sucked into the incredibly traumatizing and fucked up storyline as it unfolds. Very well done on every single level. The art is phenomenal and meaningful, as well as the panel to panel to flow. This is one of those cinematic manga, where I can see the film unfold in my mind as it is read. This one is not for the faint of heart, but it is a super good read that deals with complex and troubling themes. Very well handled and done.

I read through the first four volumes of Chrono Crusade, which is all my library has. Trying to find a way to read the rest.

Currently Reading:
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari (The Rising Of The Shield Hero)
- Kimetsu No Yaiba (Demon Slayer)

Going To Read:
- Berserk (Resume in this case, given it was one of the things I last read before taking a break)
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Akagami no Shirayukime
- Akatsuki no Yona

Back
Top Bottom