Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forest of the Sapphisari [FxF] (Raina_Reader X Javorcek)

The smith had never experienced such a sudden sickness such as this before. One moment she had been fine, prepared for a day of hard labor, and now she was feeling an intense, splitting pain in her stomach and pelvis. To make matters worse she was experiencing a sudden fever; already her brow was prickled with sweat, her cheeks were flushed and her skin was hot. Oh God, I'm going to die here. Her head felt cloudy...a sensation she had never experienced before. It wasn't the dizziness that came with fever, but some sort of haze that made it hard to think straight.

Relieve flooded her as Chelle arrived. Ferra hadn't been left alone for long but it had felt like forever for the young smith. "No," The girl huffed softly, trying to keep her breathing steady as she made an effort to get up. Her forge felt too open, she wanted to be somewhere safe and secure. Chelle had to help get her into her shelter. She was in so much pain that Chelle had to carry her inside; for a brief moment, while her Sapphress held her, she felt a little better. The pain and fever were still there but the haze in her mind had been broken. "I don't want a healer...no strangers..." Ferra whimpered as Chelle set her down on the furs and then backed away. She wanted to be held but didn't know how to ask for it, so instead she asked for a drink, "Water...just...water."

"Nnff...Damnit..." She cursed again as pain streaked through her core one more time. "It hurts so much...what is this sickness?" Between her legs was beginning to hurt the worst and now she felt wet under her kilt. Thick and slippery, Ferra feared that it was blood and not the sweat from her fever. Against her dislike to be nude infront of others, she undid the fastenings so that she could check, only to be startled by the discovery. Her thighs were glistening with clear wetness...as was the new appendage between her legs that stood proudly despite her horror.

"AHHHHHHHH!" Blue eyes went wide and the young smith screamed loud enough for half the forest to hear. She scrambled backwards and fell off the furs, but her attempt at getting away from the new thing between her legs was useless. She had never felt particularly attached to her sex before, but now, having a thick, throbbing, erect shaft between her legs, she really missed her more familiar slit. "What is this?!?!" Well, she knew what it was, had never seen one herself before but still knew what it must be. Why was it here though?! And why was it hard?! "I've changed my mind! Healer! Chelle, I want a healer to remove this!"

When it happened, it dawned on Chelle that while this was rare, she had heard of it despite her short time here. Not all the women grew such a thing and her knowledge on the reasons was limited. As Ferra changed her mind and cried for a healer, she thought maybe it was best, but she could not look a way. Strangely Ferra was even more appealing, appearance wise she had already become increasingly more attractive, but her scent was irresistable, and now with the addition of her member, the caretaker could not help herself.

"I-it's okay, the pain will pass." She knew this much. Whether the addition was permanent or temporary she did not know, but in an attempt to calm the smithy and perhaps fulfill he rown needs, she climbed into the bed of furs, slipping one arm around her. "Shhh, I'm here." She was panting, the scent was just too much. She had hoped her attempt to hold Ferra would be calming and not be seen for what it truly was, her unable to control her own heated desires.

She pressed her body against Ferra's, gently grinding against the swollen shaft as she nuzzled the womans neck, purring hotly and licking the flesh with her coarse tongue. "The discomfort will pass, I am sure of it. I'm here, just relax." She tried to speak soothingly in order to mask her raspy panting breath.

Ferra whimpered at Chelle's words. She was pretty sure the pain wouldn't pass; if anything it only grew worse and turned into a feeling of nausea and panic as she took in the fact that she now had a cock between her legs. As the leatherworker climbed onto the bed of furst and wrapped an arm around her, Ferra felt her thready pulse begin to regulate. Her heart still beat fast but now it was a heavy pounding instead of the quick beats that had threatened to make her pass out due to panic. "Chelle..." The smithy sight softly, relaxing just a touch at her sapphress' closeness.

"It hurts..." Again, Ferra whimpered, but the sound was different now. Before she had been in so much pain she couldn't walk. But now the pain was different...now the pain was a dull ache in her loins. It was pain brought on by raw need...and it only served to confuse Ferra about the whole situation further. Her body felt like it ached for Chelle, like she could not get close enough to the other female and her inability to was killing her. But on the other hand she was still baffled by the new addition between her legs that came with the sudden desire to share a more intimate space with her Sapphress.

"Nnnfg!" The smithy let out a surprised moan as Chelle ground into her member and licked her tongue. Again she felt dizzy, her mind a haze of desire mixed with unease; Ferra had never wanted to pursue another female before. The desire was quickly winning despite her inner qualms; every sign of affection the other woman gave her had her body aching for more of her touch. Except there was one problem... "Ch-Chelle...I've never...I don't know how..." Ferra was only 17, she had fooled around with boys before but had never been, well, the boy. She had never really had sex either. Instinctually her body knew what to do, it was already meeting Chelle's rocking of hips with her own, but Ferra was so stressed by this sickness that made her body heat up and sprout a shaft between her legs that she couldn't fathom what to do next.

"Shhh..."

Hushed the Sapphress who had been doing her best to appear calm to keep Ferra's panic from growing. She was anything from calm, infact the entire situation was terrifying to her as well. Not what had happened to Ferra. This she atleast had heard things like this happening before, this didn't surprise her as much as her lack of self control, but it wasn't the first time she felt this rush of attraction for Ferra. The first time she set eyes on the girls new form, she had felt it, and it had unnerved her, but it was still nothing compared to how strong it was in this moment.

It all made sense, this heat that she, or perhaps both of them were experiencing albeit in different ways. How could a tribe that converted members against their will prosper for hundreds of years as it had with only a small handful failures? It had to be some base instinct that came with being sapphisari that drew them to eachother, made them feel safe, safer than with a human.

"It's okay." She continued, slowly grinding against Ferra and her new addition, fingertips and claws gently grazing against her back as she pulled her closer. inhaling her strong scent which only fueled her desire for the smithy. "Forget everything else. just focus on me. our bodies. our closeness."

Was it wrong to take advantage of Ferra in this state? Perhaps it would be if she was in control, but neither of them could help what was happening or what likely was about to take place. Maybe this happened to many who resisted taking a mate for a long period of time, maybe this would bring them closer, and even make Ferra feel more at home within the grove. Perhaps this was a good thing.

"Just do what ever comes naturally, it's okay, I'm here for you, we have eachother." She kissed and licked her neck, purring hotly. She had been wearing a fur skirt and top, but there was nothing stopping Ferra from lifting it and taking her. This would be easier, she was used to making love this way. She had always panicked when thinking about how she would ever manage it before if she took a mate here and that panic lead to her deciding she never would, but now it all seemed to fit, plus she felt even more strongly for Ferra than she could remember thinking about her husband, infact her husband may as well have never existed, only ferra mattered in this moment.

Ferra felt like she was being pulled in 30 different directions at once. Her body was hot, hotter than she had ever felt even when she had been working over her forge in mid-summer. Her mind was a thick fog, full of fears and desires that she had never experienced before. It was too much, too much all at once and far too much for one as inexperienced as her. Her breathing began to pick up and she started to panic. Fear started to creep in because no human was ever supposed to get this hot. There was too much heat, too much confusion, too much raw ache and a need for something she didn't know.

"Shhhh..."

Chelle's voice helped her refocus. The one friend she had left in this world helped to guide her mind away from all of the fears that were about to overtake her and cause her a panic attack. Her mind zeroed in on Chelle, on how her Sapphress smelled like leather and something that was just -her-, on the softness of her fur, the delicateness of her body. No, not delicate...not breakable...resilient, thin, like a sappling. Chelle wasn't tight, coiled muscle like the young, hammer wielding blacksmith, but she was substantial enough that Ferra didn't feel as though she were about to break her friend as her arms tightened around her, trying to pull her impossibly closer.

"Chelle..." Ferra let out a noise between a whine and a confused sob as her friend continued to kiss and lick at her neck. The feelings were intense and now that her focus was more squarely fixed on the woman in her arms rather than the hundred fears she harbored, Ferra realized that she wanted more. The nearly unbearable ache overtaking her body could now be recognized as intense desire for her Sapphress. Ferra wanted, no, -needed- to be closer to the other female.

With great effort, she separated from Chelle enough to be able to take off her leather apron and shirt. The cool air felt good against her flesh, but the singular thought that Chelle's fur would feel even better drove her to start tugging at the clothes of the other female. At first her movements were slow, cautious, but when Chelle made no movement to stop her and instead started to aide her, it was everything Ferra could do to not accidentally rip the garments to shreds in her eagerness to find closeness. Once they were joined together, skin to skin and fur to fur, that soon became insufficient. Without her clothes, there was nothing to dull the alluring scent of excited Sapphress. Ferra couldn't control herself, her hips gave an instinctual buck forward.

"OhdearGod~" Ferra breathed out as she felt Chelle's answering slickness against her throbbing member. She had merely clumsily slid against Chelle on her first buck but that was enough to unleash something wild and primal inside the shy blacksmith. With a soft but determined growl, she angled herself to thrust again, this time with purpose. Of course she missed, this position of laying side by side, while wonderful because she got to feel every inch of Chelle's body against her, was not conducive to mating. It took a few more missed attempts before she realized that she would need to move them...and so she rolled the both of them over. As lost as she was to her instincts, she was still very aware that Chelle was smaller than her and so did her best not to squish the other female as she positioned her body over her.

In this new position, Ferra could finally thrust forward and bury herself into the other female. She cried out as her sensitive new shaft was encased in the hottest, silkiest thing she had ever felt and practically lost her mind as raw need rushed over her. Her body suddenly moved unbidden by her, hips picking a quick, animalistic pace and sticking to it. Her mouth instinctively searched out Chelle's throat, choosing to bite and nibble right over her pulsepoint to mark her as hers as the two of them moaned and writhed together in the small hut.

Chelle gasped hottly against Ferra, whispering soothing nothings as she was penetrated, pressing her body against her new lover, clawed fingers reaching around to dig gently into Ferra's back as her lips nipped hungrily against the other girls lips. Soft rabid nipping turned into hungry, passionate kisses as their tongues met.

"Shhh shhh its okay, this is okay." She said comfortingly, not just for Ferra's sake but for her own, as this encounter had surprised her just as well and she wasn't sure if she was developing some kind of desire for Ferra or if it was out of pure instinctual need. Regardless of her thoughts on the matter, she continued to hold her as they made love well into the night.

---

Three weeks had passed since the addition of the four new sisters and the send-off of three to the moon above. There had been quiet chatter amidst the tribe regarding Lexa and Naria. It was unusual to see Lexa in the village at all. A warrior who often remained at the tree top barracks on the forest border, even during moon cycle rotations. Everyone knew of course what she was doing. Bedding the grieving widow of her deceased Saphress. Surprisingly, this wasn't some taboo thing, in fact given the Sapphisari culture the grieving widow would be encouraged to seek a new mate to ease the pain, but considering Lexa's reputation of non-monogamy, and Naria's fifteen years with one woman and only one, it was certainly something worth gossipping about.

Soon a new moon cycle would be upon them as would duty rotation. Those who enjoyed a month of free time would be expected to return to their posts, while those fulfilling their tasks would get a month to relax. The four new additions were still with their respective Sapphresses until they committed to their new roles. Some were finally accepting their fate and coming to a decision, while others were a bit more difficult, but for those who did choose, it was time for them to be passed on to a new superior in the trade for adequate training. In Ferra's case, she was still being looked after by Chelle until her forge was completed, while the others were still being sorted.

Varissa, a dark skinned girl with beautiful blonde fur, dotted with dark spots, short fuzzy hair and a toothy grin, slowly approached the lone hut belonging to Naria, with another, much taller sapphisari in tow. "This will be where we part ways." Varissa said shortly as she looked on over the quaint hut waiting several feet away from it, looking hesitant to approach. Naria had barely left her home since the death of Akara, but she knew Lexa had been staying there looking over her. She knew, like every morning prior, since the event, Lexa would emerge from the hut for her morning ritual.

"When do I meet the warriors that killed my people?"

Varissa, who was a gardener for the tribe bit her lip, glancing away looking rather exasperated. "We've talked about this, those humans weren't your people, you are one of us, and the one who will be training you is in there...atleast I think she is."

---

Meanwhile inside the cozy hut, the white-furred caretaker was stirring against her much larger built bed mate, purring softly against her chest. In the three weeks since their first night sharing her furs, Naria had become quite accustomed to Lexa's presence and her larger form. Her mood had remained rather melancholy but her relationship toward Lexa was shifting more and more from grieving widow to submissive mate. "Nngh I hear birds." Naria whimpered softly as she dragged her tongue against Lexa's collarbone to wake her if she hadn't been already. Her body remained snuggly wrapped around the larger woman, her face buried into her neck.

"Stay inside with me, don't leave please not today, I just want to be lost in you."

Lexa woke up before the sun had properly rose. By the time she felt her lithe lover stir beside her, she had been awake for a while, staring up at the ceiling and thinking. One week, one week and I will go back on patrol and I will have to leave her until the next moon... Akara, how did you do this? How do you leave a lover, let alone a mate for a month when you don't even know if you'll come back? Perhaps the Spirits were not with her today, for all she got was silence as an answer.

Leaving for a patrol had never made her nervous before, not in her past life or in her new one. But now...now she felt a romantic attachment for another person. There was pressure for her to come back, even more so now that her mentor was gone. Akara's death had nearly destroyed Naria, there had been a point where Lexa had actually feared that the caretaker would jump into the funeral pyre to join her mate in the next life. How would she handle it if I were gone as well? Her wounds are deep and still fresh. I have done my best to heal them, I have done my best to honor my mentor's memory and take care of the woman she left behind... Maybe her best was all she could do.

Slowly she was drawn from her thoughts from a turning body next to her and soft, sleepy words, followed by a show of affection. "Mmmmm..." A rumbling purr left Lexa's throat as a warm rough tongue dragged along her collarbone. As strange as this new life was to her, waking up to a cuddly Naria every morning was definitely a change she approved of. It certainly beat sneaking out of random huts so that she could make her way to her usual bed in the barracks.

Unfortunately, they could not stay this way forever. Lexa needed to get out of bed and go about her morning routine: run, swim, archery practice, weapons training/sparring with the other warriors, and then lunch. Before Naria, she probably would have continued to train until the late afternoon and then found a female to bed after dinner (training only spurred her ravenous sexual appetite)...but now she spent her afternoons with the other female and her evenings tangled up with the same one.

"As tempting as that offer is, you know I must train." Lexa leaned down, planting an apologetic kiss to the top of Naria's head. Lexa allowed herself to lay still for a little while longer with her sleepy lover before growing restless. She rolled the two of them over so now Naria was on her back and she was on top, carefully straddling the small caretaker. With a smile she began to run her hands up and down Naria's sides, short claws coming out to give a little pleasant scratches every once in awhile. "I will be back for lunch...and you can always come watch us spar if you wish." A little grin appeared on the guard's lips and she took on a teasing tone. "Or if you truly desire to be around me, you can come exercise with me this morning." Naria had made a valiant attempt to take interest in Lexa's training...but after the warrior's run and her swim, the poor tired caretaker hadn't had the strength to carry on and draw a bow.

Besides...we must get used to being apart. Lexa thought the words but couldn't bring herself to say them. Both her and Naria had been avoiding talking about the inevitable. Perhaps that would be for the best though...Lexa would rather enjoy these last few days with her lover rather than be upset that she would need to leave.

"I...I can't go out there...not yet." In a short time, Lexa and Naria had become very close, but the caretaker had not yet come close to getting over her loss. The warrior was the only one she could feel safe with at this time, which was perhaps a bit unfair to the rest of her sisters, especially those others she was close to, but the fact of the matter was, she was terrified to return to her duties as caretaker. The idea of speaking to anyone, whether it be her fellow tribemates or those under her care, made her want to crawl under the dirt and waste away. But then there was lexa who was strong and big, with a chest and bulging arms she could lose herself in, an intimidating physical form with the gentlest of personality. She was not Akara, nor would she ever be, but she was someone new, someone she could see herself with even if the relationship didn't feel the same.

"I'll stay here until you return and dream of being in your arms once more, as I am now." She meekly craned her head up, long white, black spotted ears flat backwards against her head as she leaned up for a gentle kiss, purring sweetly. "Go now...I don't want to keep you from your routine. I may not enjoy your leaving every morning but I can't argue against the results it yields." She whispered as her hands carressed along Lexa's thick arms admiringly before she pushed herself away, freeing herself of their embrace so Lexa could dress and depart, as Naria knew the warrior did not enjoy being naked.

---

For when Lexa did emerge from the caretakers hut she was greeted by two Sapphisari a few feet outside, the dark skinned one known as Varissa, and a taller, unfamiliar girl who appeared near mutinous as she glared daggers at her.

"Enough, I thought you readily accepted this, it was your idea to join the warrio--Ah! Lexa, exactly the sister I was hoping to see." Varissa exclaimed looking quite relieved to see her. "This is Cattriel, one of our new sisters. I had the honor of bringing her into this world and now she has expressed an interest in joining the warriors who so valiantly guard our forest from outsiders. The elders informed me you were in the village and that your rotation was ending soon, so I thought who better to begin training Cattriel and then you can bring her with you when you depart." Varissa sounded almost a little too eager to be rid of the newly turned Sapphisari.

Cattriel was quite tall, nearly as tall as Lexa, but instead of packed, hardened muscles, she was slender. Dark fur contrasting pale white flesh and brown stripes highlighting her features. A mane of raven black hair hung over her shoulders, making her seem almost wild, which was ironic given that she was the one who had been most recently human out of the three standing there. Her mutinous and defiant demeanor lessened quickly at the sight of Lexa, before giving a quick nod of acknowledgement to Varissa's words. "Good, good!" Varissa chirped. "Well I have my own duties to tend to, good luck!" With that the sapphisari quickly sprinted off, grateful to be unburdened of her role as Sapphress.

Cattriel regarded lexa guardedly before finally speaking low. "I remember you, I saw you when my people were being slaughtered...I guess you're my people now." She gave an angry grunt, as if catching herself in her accusational tone and quickly shifting to something less negative. "I guess if I'm going to learn from anyone, I'm glad it's you. I was a forward scout, which means it's my fault more than anything that the party got ambushed in the first place."

Lexa had acclimated to wearing nothing while in the hut. It had taken some getting used to at first, but she couldn't deny how cute it was to catch Naria's gaze appreciating her body, or how she enjoyed the feel of skin to skin and fur to fur when they went to sleep. She wasn't about to go out through town without at least a tunic though...it just made the warrior feel too vulnerable. Her entire cycle off was spent in a state of discomfort actually, because she was without her weapon and her armor...even more so now that she didn't sleep in the barracks where her gear was stored. Such sacrifices were worth it though, as long as she got to wake up to a wonderful female like Naria.

She pulled on her cloth tunic and leather kilt, then attached the small dagger she kept to her side. The blade saw more use as silverware than as a weapon, but she didn't like to be without it. "I will return as soon as I can." Lexa gave a reassuring smile and one more parting kiss to Naria before seeing herself out of the hut. The sedentary life did not suit the warrior at all and she was eager to stretch her legs, to treat her body to the pleasant ache of a difficult physical task and her mind to the silence of the forest.

Unfortunately, such plans were wrenched away from her by two visitors

Varissa she liked well enough, the two of them had shared furs a couple of times before Varissa had taken a mate. This new girl...Cattriel, she did not know, though things were made clear once she learned that this was one of the new sapphisari. Lexa tried to school her features, not wanting to look too displeased at the fact that her routine was being disrupted (a disciplined routine was quite important to the warrior after all). But, she supposed she could make a sacrifice and take this girl on, rather than passing her over to one of the others in her now smaller patrol group.

"Of course Varissa, I would be happy to take her as my charge." It was a little disconcerting how eager Varissa appeared to be rid of her duty as Sapphress but Lexa tried to not read too much into it. Varissa was a gardener after all, her livelihood was much different than the one that Cattriel would be pursuing, it was only fitting that the two of them would want to part with so little in common.

"Just remember, we were all human once, all came from our own respective peoples." Lexa was borderline breaking taboo by referencing past lives but she didn't much care. If her actions could be justified as serving her community rather than harming it, she would do it without second thought. Reminding Cattriel that they -all- had once been in the position that she was now would hopefully make the young scout see that they were not the enemy here. "We all have found something in this village that has given us happiness or fulfillment...you will find peace here. Perhaps not soon, but eventually you will see this not as a prison but as a home."

"Now, come. We will go for a run. I doubt you have had much chance to really get used to this new body."

-----------------

Sure enough, Lexa found that Varissa had not allowed Cattriel for runs in the woods. The other female was -loud-. Feet pounding on the grass, body bursting and rustling through leaves and bushes. She sounded more like a human soldier in full armor clattering through the forest than a graceful, feline, apex predator.

"You are too fast!" Cattriel hissed as she struggled to keep up with Lexa. She could barely see the other female and she was afraid that if she lost her from her sight, she would lose her all together. Somehow, despite her massive size, Lexa moved through the forest as though there were no obstacles at all.

"We are of equal height. Your legs are just as long as mine." The warrior did not stop as she spoke, nor did she give Cattriel an opportunity to catch up. "Do not let the forest slow you down. Mind your footing."

Of course in the few seconds she had taken to look down at the footing that Lexa was talking about, just in time to jump over a log, she lost sight of her new mentor. "Lexa?" Cattriel stopped in her tracks, straining her ears, looking around for a trace of the other female. It was if the sapphasari were ghosts! They left no trails anywhere! "Lexa!" She called again, searching for broken twigs, matted grass, anything to give her a trail to follow. "Where did she- Ahhh!!!" The female yelped in surprise as her ankle was suddenly tugged and her entire world went upside down.

"I was wondering how long it would take before you fell into one of my traps," a voice called from somewhere up above. Cattriel would have to crane her neck to see that the voice belonged to a small female, sitting on the branch that the trap was tied to. The other female was shorter than she was but full of muscle. She wore a kilt around her waist, one that had various pockets full of Cattriel couldn't even guess what. Her top was bare except for the arrow and quiver strapped to it; that and several scars, most of them looked as though they were from animals and the forest rather than human weapons. Her skin was tan from a life spent outdoors and her fur was similar in color and pattern to a red fox...definitely not a color Cattriel had seen in the village before.

"Get me down!" Cattriel hissed and struggled, immediately regretting it because now she was swinging around by the rope instead of just being stationary.

"Tsk. Such lack of manners..." Tala grinned down at her prey. That's it...swing about and tire yourself out so that you are easy to tie up and drag back to the village...

"Tala?" Lexa's voice now. "Tala, what are you doing here?" The warrior looked at the two females with surprise in her eyes. "The hunting grounds are further out."

"Lexa!" The smaller female hopped down from her perch with the utmost grace, a smile on her face when seeing her favorite muscle-bound warrior. "Oh...well...the Matriarchs have us come inwards more to lay traps for our new sisters. The moon is nearly full so I thought it would be safe to take some of my traps down. But then I heard this one thundering through the forest in an attempt to escape..." Tala's bright eyes roved distractedly over the warrior's body as she gave her explanation, "What are you doing out here?"

Lexa tried not to stammer and blush as one of her many old lovers blatantly stripped her with her eyes. Tala didn't know of course that Lexa was with Naria, the hunter lived on the outskirts of the village. Even when cycles changed and Tala was allowed to come back into the village, the hunter preferred to stay in the quiet of the woods rather than deal with the hustle, bustle, and gossip of their little community. "Tala...I am...er...seeing someone."

"Oh..." The female's ears drooped a little bit. So, Lexa was not here to spend a few nights with her before she went back out on patrol. That was disappointing. But, well, it was good that her old lover had found someone worth settling down for. "I am glad you are happy then." Tala gave a smile that was genuine because if anyone could use a happiness, it was the usually stoic warrior.

"Thank you." Lexa looked relieved that Tala wasn't upset about the whole thing, then turned her gaze over to Cattriel. "She is my trainee, not an escapee. I was hoping to teach her to move through the woods as we do."

"Yes, well, she moves through the woods about as silently as a herd of cattle." Tala giggled. "Could you give me a hand then with a trap? I wasn't prepared to catch prey so large." Tala got Lexa to help her undo the rope and then carefully lower Cattriel to the ground so that she didn't fall too fast and hurt her head. "Why not let a huntress teach the prey how to be a predator?" The smaller sapphisari suggested, she liked Lexa and she'd be willing to help teach this new sister how to not get tangled up in her current position ever again.

Cattriel struggled against the net while the two natives flirted below her. It was a little insufferable, but while they spoke to one another, she ceased her writhing so she could eavesdrop a little.

She had somewhat accepted her fate here, but the bitterness had not yet faded, but she was a bit fascinated by the differing culture and the glaring fact that every single one of them used to be human like her. She knew it was taboo, but she wanted to know more. Where did they all come from? Did they all have similar stories as her?

Her ear twitched as Lexa the one she was recently entrusted to seemingly turned down this new one. That was still something she hadn't gotten used to. That all these women--or Sapphisari or what ever they were, had sexual relationships with one another even though there was no biological reason to.

"Ooof!" The dark-furred, pale woman who was tall and lean in contrast to the burly Lexa, scrambled to climb out of the net as the pair finally lowered her to the ground. "I'm not prey!" She yelled belligerently as she tripped over the net, falling to her face yet again. "Unngh--I can fight! i fought along side my group, who are all dead now, but all the same I can fight." She knew her own words were empty, hell, part of her wanted to learn to hunt and be even stronger. There were secrets here the human world surely weren't aware of, she was curious, ofcourse she was, but she couldn't help but be antagonistic. She lost her friends--her whole life. it was a big change to adapt to.

Climbing to her feet again, she eyed Lexa and Tala both. "The rate you lot keep passing me on to someone else, i'm getting the feeling I'm not wanted." She attempted to speak in a humorous manner but it only came off as sour.

Tala seemed willing to take her on as a mentor and Lexa agreed. Before she knew it she was traipsing through the forest with the smaller sapphisari known as Tala after parting ways with the bigger one. "So, was there...a thing between you two? Did I read that right? I still don't really understand how things work here. Varrissa, my sapphress told me some of you paired off or even grouped up, despite no men being here you form relationships and...er.." she drifted off, a faint blush appearing on her pale cheeks which contrasted with her dark fur. "Sorry, just trying to clear the silence." She hadn't even gotten used to Lexa yet and now she was stomping through the forest with tala, doing her best to walk softer so as it not be reprimanded again or lead into another one of her traps.

Tala barely managed to suppress a laugh at her new sister’s insistence that she was not prey.

Lena’s brow furrowed, as though she were upset that their new sister would think she was getting passed off. “I will collect you at the end of this week, before we go back on patrol. Tala is an excellent source of knowledge on our forest.”

“The forest, hunting, trapping, fishing, lone survival...how to be amazing...” Tala grinned as she listed off the things she excelled at. “You are in good hands. While I may not be the best with a sword, I can at least teach you how to not alert an entire patrol to your presence.” There! Now it was decided. She would teach their new sister how to not be a detriment to her new squad and then Lexa would collect Cattriel once she was useful. With everything settled, Lexa took her leave, and Tala began to make her way deeper into the forest with Cattriel in tow.

Tala listened as her new sister spoke, chuckling softly, “I thought the point of this exercise was to keep the silence, not to clear it.” Despite the teasing, she decided to indulge the other woman in a few answers. “Well...not entirely. Lexa would come out here and spend a few nights with me but we weren’t really in a relationship...it’s...complicated.” Their arrangement was a little odd...lovers but not quite paired off. Friends definitely but not mate material to one another. “Suffice it to say that Lexa is a stubborn ass who doesn’t want to burden another person with the fear that she might die out in the field and I, while I do enjoy a healthy sex life, haven’t met another who holds my interest for prolonged periods of time.”

They walked for awhile longer, Cattriel asking her more questions. Tala didn’t miss the way the girl’s cheeks blushed as she prodded further into the intricacies of their culture. “Why wouldn’t we seek affection and belonging from someone else? We did so in our human lives, we do so in our new ones. So what if we are limited to only one gender; men are so...unappealing anyways” Tala scrunched her nose a little at a memory from another life. She had had experiences with men, most of them disappointing. “Hairy, smelly, crude...putting their need to procreate before our need for pleasure.” She shook her head, chasing the sour memories out of it. “Though, I will say, some of us do like the things that a gentleman can provide: protection, strength, chivalry... But once you get used to the change in anatomy, you can find those things in some of us here.” Tala grinned a bit, “Lexa is, well, I suppose was, an excellent example of that. She was quite popular with many of the unbound females in our community because of those strong arms...amazing abs...her chivalry and selflessness in the bedroom...” Tala trailed off a little as her mind wandered to memories of being tangled up in a bed of furs with Lexa. “Ahem, but, anyways, she was never the type to mate for life. She’s a warrior, gone for a month at a time, always worried about how her long times away and her increased chance of dying will affect a mate....I suppose that has changed now that her mentor has died.”

Tala was careful not to single out Cattriel as the cause of such sadness and so pivoted the topic slightly. “Why? Is the thought of finding a proper mate in the tribe so distasteful to you? You will not be forced if that is your concern...we’re not barbarians. But it can get quite lonely without someone to share your furs.”

Cattriel listened to Tala explain the culture of the sapphisari, her own distaste for men, and perhaps a little more detail on Lexa's physique than intended.

"Lexa is certainly...the largest woman I've ever met." She remarked on the womans remarkable physique, though there were others within the tribe who shared similar builds, Cattriel had yet to meet any of them.

"Her mentor...ah." Her ears drooped, flattening to the back of her head instinctively. "I didn't kill anyone, when the ambush happened, I was just trying to survive. But you can't seriously blame anyone for fighting back can you? One day I'm fighting with my fellow human mercenaries, the next I belong to another race of people entirely, it's bound to be confusing to anyone. Now I've gotten over my initial denial of it all and accepted my place here but--"

Tala was quick to change the topic and Cattriel noticed the sadness within her voice so she did not press the matter, though the shift in subject was not much better as far as she was concerned. "Distasteful? No just...awkward." She sighed, softly sidestepping a thick root, as she navigated the forest floor, struggling to keep up with Tala's pace which seemed so effortless.

"I suppose the longer one is here, the easier it gets to...I don't know? Give in? You speak of it so casually, do you mean to say when you were in my place you weren't confrontational or bothered by the extreme differences in culture? You speak of your time with Lexa and your distaste in men as if you accepted the culture here on day one, is that the case?"

She didn't know why she was putting Tala on the spot, she did the same to Varissa. Perhaps she was just eager to say if there was some fragment of human left in these people. She refused to believe that anyone could be forcefully placed in this culture and happily accept it so quickly.

“Confrontational?” Tala thought about it for a moment, then shook her head. “Hmmm...not about that. There were things I didn’t like when I got here, things I still don’t approve of.” Obviously the taboo was one of them, because Tala didn’t seem to be too bothered about talking about her old life. Perhaps that was why the elders had put her out here, so she had fewer to talk to. “But...I was a trapper before.. this. I would follow migrations south, then bring my goods back up the river. I met a lot of people on my travels and saw all sorts of humans living all sorts of lives. It’s not my place to judge as long as no one is being hurt.” Tala shrugged, ducking under a branch and then slipping through a pair of two close knit trees. “But I am from the north where we are heathens, praying to nature and all that; living lawless without a king or queen. Very different from the saphisari who lived their first lives in the south and west.” Tala turned to offer a wink, showing she didn’t quite mind her old ‘barbarian’ lifestyle.

“For some of us the transition was more shocking. There are some who have embraced their tasks but haven’t quite accepted the culture and that is their choice. No one forces them to mate if they don’t want to.” Tala began to slow, taking a look around, and then jumped up onto a rock next to a large yellow birch tree. She scrambled upwards until she found the branch she wanted. “Come. Up here.”

Tala waited for Cattriel to get to where she was before she walked out on the branch, stopping when it began to bend. She jumped on it lightly, testing it, before putting a full force jump down and letting the branch catapult her to a nearby oak. Her claws sank into the trunk, keeping her in place as she turned back to look at Cattriel. “We try not to leave marks where humans can see out here. A few are fine, our claws look just like a cougars’ but if we constantly mark the same trees over and over, it looks odd.”

However Cattriel made it over, Tala would be showing the other female one of their scout/trapper outposts. Near the middle of the tree was a wooden balcony, hidden in the branches. There were a few baskets of emergency supplies and a hammock set up. This was the outpost that Tala was currently occupying as she hunted and made sure the new sisters didn’t escape. “One of the best views of the forest right here.” She smiled as climbed further upwards, up to the thin, willowy branches at the top of the tree to give herself and Cattriel a proper view of the forest, the mountains, even the falls by their little village.

Tala was quiet for awhile, taking in the view for a moment before breaking the silence. “I cannot make you accept this life, no one can. But...I will say, it is easier to approach this change with a partner. To try curiosity instead of confrontation. A proper mentor would help you, if you, you know...don’t fight them every step away.” Tala smiled. “Not to say that I’ll be that mentor, I don’t really know what to do with a warrior. Lexa would be good for you in that way. But if you need someone to show you the forest or some of the finer points of our culture, I am usually out here.” Tala grinned and winked, flirty as ever.

Back
Top Bottom