Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption (Athene/ImaginaryMuse & Razgriz)

" .... Did it now? Interesting. The old him never gave half a shit about many people, especially from the Satellite."

But sure enough, as Yuna took the parchment and scanned it over, she saw Crow was being completely sincere. She chuckled softly, a coy smirk appearing on her face.

This your doing somehow, Fayth? You helping the overthrown King change?

Another way for Yuna to be literally and proverbially damned. But a more pleasant way, most definitely. Her head would nod sternly as they relayed about the attack at the theater.

"I did hear about that, though not until after me and Hotsuma returned a few nights ago with our own encounter against another Dark Signer prick. They've .... "

Her fists clenched tightly, only loosening to avoid ruining the letter.

"Mind fucked Takeshi somehow! But he's with them so now, even if we didn't have an issue with them before, we do now. Majorly. Ling contacted our base and got a hold of Judai. Yamichi's all but incapacitated at the hospital in the Tops because of some other bastard too. These fuckers are all over the place, it seems."

Both would realize there was a considerable amount of familiar names and faces they'd both seen. Even though Yamichi and Takeshi were - in the most technical of senses - Hotsuma's men, they did still ally with Yuna and her own crew. It gave a much more clear hint as to how much charisma she and Hotsuma both had ... though it was much simpler to see how it applied solely to Yuna.

Likely a surprise in its own rights .... though also not really what mattered. Something Yuna shook her head to remind herself of as she focused on the main topics being brought to her attention.

"Luckily for you, that was one of the other few things Hotsuma - with the help of his own men - left me. A boat. So ... I do actually have a way to get you guys to The Tops." It was here that Yuna would hand Crow the letter back. "I'm gonna need a few moments to gather a few things. Mainly the keys to get the boat up and running, but also a cloak, or something to help conceal my face. I may not be at the top of Goodwin's shit list, but I doubt I'm erased from it. So I'm gonna need to ensure I'm not recognized. Annd .... I need to tell my own members I'm gonna be away and give watch of the place to my second. But none of that should take long. Ten minutes at most - assuming I didn't misplace the keys somehow. So ... here's my golden question for you two."

Yuna gave a quick nod behind them all.

"Wanna come inside or wait here?"

Yusei flinched a bit as he heard that Kiryu got his hands on Takeshi; poor guy was already disqualified and imprisoned just for being associated with the Satellite. Goodwin could hide it behind that, but Yusei knew the real deal was that he was part of Yuna and the Fiend's membership. Even if he didn't agree with what Hotsuma had done, or however much he thought the partnership between her and him was odd, Takeshi was still their friend.

And to know that a friend had been taken like that...It brought back the memory of how Jack had taken Rally and used the young man for leverage. And that stung; he could sympathize a little with how Yuna was feeling, as it seemed similar to how he'd felt then. Except this wasn't as easy as just jumping in the water; this was trying to recover a friend who'd been mentally broken.

"You guys have a boat?" Crow asked as he took back the letter, putting it in his pocket. Even Yusei seemed surprised; how did they get a boat to work? They must know someone who's good with engines, he thought. "That will work if you can spare the fuel" Yusei requested, adding "Thank you, but we'll wait out here." Crow nodded; and as Yuna left, Crow turned to Yusei "Not that I'm ungrateful...But what's the deal with this Hotsuma guy? Who is he?"

Yusei crossed his arms, "Yuna's partner-in-crime. Possibly even formerly; from her tone, I'm guessing they're not really talking all that much...Or he's left for good. From what few times I've seen him...He's a dangerous man. I'm just glad he's helped her out as much as he's done, but even still..." Yusei didn't know the full specifics, as he hadn't really thought to ask. Nor would he; this was something the two of them and only them could figure out.

Regardless when Yuna came back, Yusei would have her ride with him as she directed him to a spot he hadn't known about: There was a wharf, and sure enough, a boat. Even with attachments for mounting Runners on the sides of the deck. "Huh...I'll admit I didn't expect this. Hotsuma must be good with his hands to have put this together, or knew someone who was." Crow muttered; even his Runner with its collapsible wings, impressive as it was, wasn't truly his.

Soon enough, their Runners were loaded up and they set off; the ride was smooth as the winds weren't quite as turbulent. "I'll be honest...Haven't been this far out in the water before. Kind of weird seeing the Satellite from this distance." Crow said, Yusei nodding "Yeah...But don't worry, we'll be back fairly soon."

Of course, Yusei couldn't say for sure how long...But it couldn't be more than a few days. And when they stepped off the boat, Yusei would give Yuna his regards before he and Crow would then speed off on their Runners. Yusei happened to know where Jack's mansion was; but even if he didn't, even with the splendor of Neo Domino's architecture it wasn't easy to miss. There was a bit of a hang-up as Jack's mansion guard would stop them at first, but a call to Jack allowed them inside the grounds.

It was here that Yusei then took a breath and knocked...Praying that this meeting wouldn't be as dire as Jack had made it sound.

... Fair enough. Yuna merely nodded in reply.

"That's fine. I'll be right back."

And just like that, she turned and headed inside, her mind subconsciously drifting in its thoughts. Yusei had been in the Facility himself, just like Fayth. If he didn't want to risk having bad memories? Well ... Yuna wouldn't blame him. As someone who had slept there for a few months straight now, Yuna had certainly experienced her fair share of nightmares from being a former inmate. It was maybe one of the only good things that came with Hotsuma finally storming out. He strengthened her resolve about something she'd been contemplating, and that was rebuilding Yomi the way she had wanted to.

Not the exact same building, no. But somewhere far less obvious.

Even with all of the perks that came with conquering the Facility, it was so fucking easy for Goodwin to find her. One of the main things that had been saving her was all the other bullshit popping up. It gave him tons of other things - and people - to give his attention to. But it always bothered Yuna that once he could finally gaze back over towards her and Hotsuma .... trouble would arrive yet again.

And really, there was only so much the demons could do before they'd be defeated somehow.

Naturally, Hajime was the first to see Yuna ... as well as her expression.

Something up?

"Not a bad 'something', but one that requires me to leave." She quickly held up her right index finger, smirking at her lieutenant. "It won't be long. Promise. Just a boat ride for some friends."

... Alright. Just ....

Right after Yuna pocketed the keys away, Hajime wrapped his arms around her.

I hate when you do these outings. I fear the one where I have to take over will arrive far too soon, and ....

Yuna weakly chuckled, nodding her head in understanding.

"I get it. Really, I do. And the concerns are very much appreciated ... but this time, you don't need to fret. I'm just getting Yusei and another friend of his over to the Tops."

Yuna? Can I .... ??

Even though he didn't finish his question, Yuna had enough of her powers back to read what he wanted to ask. Her head bowed before she sighed softly. "I'd love to say 'please' or 'go for it' or something along those lines. I know I'm being stupid, more so than before. But I just ... don't want to .... "

Hajime frowned, looking less than pleased. But at the same time? Him forcing his lips on Yuna's wouldn't make him any better than the other guys she had to deal with. And as someone who did have some sense of honor and respect to women, he'd comply. But at this point, it was literally only because Yuna was saying no.

"I guess," Yuna began to add, "If I hear it from him directly, fine. But before then? I don't wanna assume he's giving up. I could also do without the passive-aggressive bullshit. He's supposed to know me well enough to understand I prefer the direct approach. The subtle crap almost never does much for me, so .... it's selfish. I know. And I really am sorry. You've been so fucking loyal and in my life longer, but .... "

I get it. I don't like it, no. You're very right about that. But ....

Yuna would hear an exasperated sigh echo in Hajime's head.

I'm not gonna do the same shit others have with you. I'm better than that.

"And I sincerely appreciate that."

For the briefest of seconds, Yuna wondered if a kiss on the cheek would be too much. The only thing making her choose yes was Hotsuma's powers weren't sealed. This whole talk, really, he would be able to find if he searched for it. There was no sense in making any chance at trying to repair their lost relationship up. Assuming it wasn't too late, that was.

"I need to go though."

Though before she moved away, Hajime would see Yuna flash him a smirk.

... Unfortunately, as cool as a cloak may be, Yuna couldn't find one. Those had probably gotten destroyed when Hotsuma blew up the original hideout.

Noted; buy more clothes later on, she reminded herself, deciding that - after a bit - something to hide herself with may not even be needed. She was gonna stay near the wheel anyway. It was a simple 'drop off' mission, so it wasn't like she herself was stepping foot into the Tops.

Finally, Yusei and Crow would see Yuna walk out, pulling her own Wheeler with her.

"Heh, sorry about that. Okay .... so, follow me."

From the Facility, Yuna would ride to where the boat was, getting her own ride on as well as letting them put theirs aboard. Yuna would wait until the two were on before putting the keys in the ignition and steering. It was definitely not the most perfect ride, but it wasn't god-awful. Yuna was just far more accustomed to driving motorcycles. Other vehicles? Not so much.

Nonetheless, the trio would arrive in the Tops.

"Good luck, Yusei! Crow!" Yuna would call out before driving away after they got their possessions off.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Fayth, meanwhile, had recently finished eating dinner. And now ... it was that time.

Even though she'd made herself blind again, she knew Morningstar was behind her.

"You ready?"

Her head started to nod -- and quickly stopped as she caught it. The noise was probably faint to almost everyone else in the mansion. But for Fayth, it was relatively loud.

"I can't ... "

"Tch. Don't use that as a cop-out, girl."

"I'm not! You know Jack's busy! And .... "

"Can't the servants deal with whoever it is?"

A brief moment of silence - only to hear another knock - implied the answer was no.

"There you go. So, excuse me."

"Hmph. Know that when we can resume this, it'll be even tougher than it was going to be."

A slight shiver trailed down Fayth's back as she stood up hastily, hurrying over to her wardrobe. Given how these usually went, she'd been topless .... and needed to remedy that. After quickly getting a bra and shirt on, she scurried down the stairs, always holding onto the railing to avoid falling or tripping.

After Fayth took a few more seconds to regain her breath, the door would finally be opened.

Yusei stood back as the door opened, seeing that it was in fact Fayth that had opened the door. She certainly seemed better; perhaps her coming to stay with the Jack was indeed the better option. Actually...With all the changes he'd seen in his friend, he was more than certain of it. She'd changed him, and most certainly for the better; that much he could tell based off what little he'd seen.

He couldn't help wonder what Fayth had that Yusei didn't to inspire such a change; the old Jack wouldn't have propped up an opponent like he'd done during the Fortune Cup. The old him wouldn't have even let Fayth stay with him. But in all honesty? This was a good thing, no two ways about it.

"Evening, Fayth...Apologies for dropping by unannounced. Oh...This is Crow; don't worry, he's a friend of mine and Jack's." Yusei would say as she answered the door, Crow adding "I saw you at the tournament, but with everything that happened, I don't think we got a good chance to get truly acquainted. Crow Hogan, pleasure to meet you." He would have remembered meeting her, but Jack did whisk her away rather quickly after the tournament was over.

"Anyway..." Yusei would add, continuing with "Jack sent us a note saying he would us to have a talk...About the Signer and Dark Signer business." And as if to assuage Fayth's concern in advance, Crow would reveal his mark even though he knew she could not see it. "He's a Signer as well, and I filled him in as much as I could. With what Kiryu's done...As well as everything else that had happened, I can see why he's trying to get us all together."

"Indeed I am...But it seems we're still missing someone..."

Yusei and Crow looked up to see Jack at the top of the staircase inside the lobby of the grandiose manor, "There's two more that still need to be found; with everything that's going to happen, Goodwin's going to try and locate them and find somewhere for us to meet. But I figured in the meantime...Well, part of me wanted to also catch up. Hello....Crow." And for a moment, Crow was silent, the pair just staring at each other before long Crow broke into a smile, "Jack...Looking good. Glad to see you're not taking the loss too hard...Still, not a bad opponent to lose it to, right?"

Jack nodded, "I just hope Ling learns to rein in her temper; she's gotten some supporters, but if she lashes out at her dissenters too much she'll lose that support. Best she shows them how they are through her Dueling than her words. Anyway...Come in."

Last edited:

Fayth smiled as a very familiar voice finally broke the silence.

"Yusei! Hey!"

Her head nodded in acknowledgement as he revealed Crow was indeed beside him. "I think ... I heard you briefly during the Fortune Cup. But some matches were blurs, so ... I could be wrong. Oh ..... true. Never mind, we met before then."

Not on the happiest of days, but it was enough to help Fayth know the name and face weren't foreign to her and, more importantly, she could feel safe around Crow.

"Jack actually kinda gave me subtle hints you two may arrive. I just didn't know when, but ... he did relay that he sent you guys a note."

Fayth would move aside for the two other Signers, allowing them both to walk inside. As they entered, Fayth shut the door, taking a few careful steps back so she was standing across the two. A slight grimace replaced her grin as Yusei brought Kiryu up. " .... Yeah. The theater attack was .... hectic to say the least. I umm ..... "

Thankfully, she was spared from saying anything more. Granted, Fayth wasn't even sure what more to add, aside from painfully obvious remarks. Like how she'd hated his presence that evening, or how she loathed feeling helpless again.

See? This wasn't a cop-out. If I hadn't come, it'd raise more, unwanted questions.

Nor could she confess to either of them how she'd been trying to prepare for the next time she'd face Kiryu. Judai and Yusei had been concerned enough back at the Fortune Cup. Any of them, it became, as Jack arrived. Fayth's smile would return as Jack began conversing with his two comrades. This had been one of his hopes he admitted to her; wishing to rebuild certain broken bridges. For now, she'd allow him to do most of the talking. It wouldn't be until Crow and Jack finished that Fayth chimed in, primarily due to her own curiosity entering her head.

"So .... where do we wanna go to talk more about this? I doubt standing here is the best location for this kinda talk."

"This way" Jack would say, already thinking about where they could sit; he would eventually lead them to a lounge. Complete with a round table and possessing a number of comfortable chairs. Something that became a necessity when he started having to host potential sponsors at his mansion Mister Evans had already prepared some tea for them to partake in, as well as taking the initiative to have offered food.

"This might seem an odd request...But is there any cup ramen?" Crow asked; it had been so long since he had it that he couldn't help himself feeling selfish to ask, Yusei echoing that sentiment with "If it's not too much trouble...I would like one as well." This made the elderly butler chuckle, "Luckily for you, Master Atlas always keeps an ample supply on hand." And when that was done, the butler would disappear to prepare their simple requests.

"So Jack...When you said what's going to happen, does this involve Kiryu? Your letter mentioned he was with a group, and they're specifically targeting us." Yusei asked, Jack nodding "Yeah; the Director told me that these people are called Dark Signers. I didn't ask for much detail...But basically it's going to come to a point where they'll start hunting us. I assume, Crow, that you're still kind of in the dark about all this?" Crow nodded, "I met someone during the Fortune Cup who kind of filled me in on the basics, along with Yusei clarifying a couple of things also...But what can we do? If Kiryu can cause that much destruction by himself, what chance do we have?"

Jack was silent for a moment, but then said, "Apparently, this ties into a ritual that was done every 5000 years. It somehow kept whatever is driving Kiryu from exerting too much influence." Jack explained, Crow adding "So this ritual...How would we do it?"

Fayth would quickly pivot, using her sense of touch and hearing to properly follow Jack. Even though he didn't mind physical contact - something he'd revealed time and time again - Fayth wouldn't blame him if he wanted some space. Nor did she want to risk coming off as overly clingy. She already did that in other ways. Whether they were as obvious to Jack or anyone else was up for debate.

Either way, that had been another bit of advice Morningstar gave her. Thankfully, it was not only sincere, but far more civil than their usual training sessions. And ... he was right. Just like Yuna had been.

Eventually, Fayth would have to act and speak for herself.

Not that she never had while in this dimension. But the number of times she'd said or done the right ways were relatively far and few in between. And that, even the blind duelist admitted, needed to be remedied somehow.

Soon, the four Signers would arrive and sit down in a couch.

"Thank you," Yusei would reply politely, taking his own ramen when it arrived. This was one of those moments where something so seemingly simple could really aid in lifting spirits. But Yusei wouldn't complain. It would be needed - evidenced when Crow began asking questions regarding this whole Dark Signer situation. Yusei opted to silently listen at first, taking note of what Jack was saying. And even Fayth, who chimed in and added her own thoughts.

"He ... basically declared war against us and vowed to ... "

Fayth's eyebrows furrowed, which already made Yusei feel a bit nervous. Thankfully, he'd sat beside Fayth, to her left. Gently, he placed his hand atop her shoulder.

"I can't read minds like Yuna. Go on, Fayth. I think I kinda get it, but I wanna know."

A soft chuckle would be the first thing everyone would hear. It was a nice to have someone find a way to make her relax, even while talking about a pretty grim talk. Fayth would quickly regain her composure before taking a deep breath, nodding, and forcing herself to finish voicing her thoughts. "He basically swore to kill all of the Signers."

" ... He's that far gone?"

Now Yusei's eyebrows narrowed, his heart sinking just a bit. It wasn't that he doubted Fayth or thought she was lying. Hell, he'd been there in person when Fuyu dueled in his stead - something that, truthfully - he was a bit ashamed and embarrassed about. She shouldn't have had to intervene. Definitely not in his mess. But she had ... and despite the odds, she'd saved Fayth.

This confirmation, however, was the final, proverbial, nail in Kiryu's coffin. A damn shame ... but more and more, he couldn't deny Fuyu had been right. He didn't want to be saved. If allowing himself to die hadn't been proof enough, hearing this declaration did it.

So I'm not the only one? Fayth mused, hearing Crow have a similar 'How the hell are we supposed to deal with this bastard?!' reaction. Just sans the curse words. Her head would turn to look at Jack, wondering that answer. He'd reassured her time and time again they wouldn't be alone. They'd help one another out. This was all well and good, but .... they'd need more. An actual strategy, like the one he gave Yuna.

Make sure to never face him alone, for example.

But .... there had to be more. Wasn't there?

When Jack didn't immediately say anything about the ritual, Yusei's eyebrows rose. "Did Goodwin keep that away from you also? Maybe the better thing to ask is ... what has he told you?"

"Unfortunately so; his exact words basically detailed how we'd be 'ripped from this life of comfort' and how we'd all fall down. Whether that means falling over dead or some other occult meaning, I have no idea." Jack replied; he could see that Yusei was troubled by the news. In truth, Yusei was one of the bravest for sticking by Kiryu's side until the day Team Satisfaction broke apart fully; even so, he and Crow just couldn't deal with Kiryu's spiraling out of control any more.

There was only so much one could reasonably take, after all, and that varied from person to person. Even now though he could see that a part of Yusei still wanted to try and rescue Kiryu, however much the evidence seemed to point to the man not wanting salvation of any form.

"Heh....Yusei hasn't changed a bit. And neither has Crow; always so selfless." Jack thought to himself in a bemused fashion, though he seemed brought back to his senses at Yusei's question. In truth...Goodwin hadn't been forthcoming, even Jack could see that much. But he could also understand that maybe Goodwin didn't know exactly what to expect...But even that didn't feel fully right.

"Unfortunately, that's about all I do know. I can only surmise that Goodwin's trying to get us more solid intel. He did say that he doesn't want to form too much of a plan, as we still have the other Signers to take into account. One of them is a young girl by the name of Ruka...And as much as it sickens me to my core, we have to assume they'll go after her as well." Jack said, making Crow sit up more attentively.

Being that he took care of kids in the Satellite, everyone in the room would see/feel that this hit him particularly hard.

"Wait...You mean that girl in the stands? Yusei, she was there with us during the Fortune Cup!" Crow proclaimed, recalling the time her mark went off; these people wouldn't be so far gone as to try and hurt a child...Would they? And if it hurt as bad as it had done Jack nodded, "Yeah, she is. Goodwin knew about it, and we both swore that we'd try to keep her out of the conflict as much as possible. But we have to assume the worst that they can somehow get to her even with her best efforts."

Crow's fist clenched, "Isn't there anything we can do? If Kiryu swore to kill the Signers...Jack, you know what he's like. He wouldn't even hesitate, especially if he's worse now than before." Jack nodded, "Unfortunately, the Director has no real ideas aside from moving her and her family into protective custody...." Of course, Jack knew that wouldn't work; Kiryu floored every one of the officers and non-Signers in the theater by just moving his hands.

The fact that there were others like him? No amount of officers would protect her, and would only lead to her being traumatized.

"Jack....If it's not too much trouble, I can have her stay with me in the Satellite." Crow said, Jack raising a brow. "Think about it; if they promised to kill the Signers, then they probably have a way of tracking us all at once. They probably know where we live...All of us. They probably know about me too...But if they're smart they'll have figured out Goodwin was the one telling everything. Even so, they'll think she's still in the Satellite; at the very least I can buy her a reprieve and keep her family from being targeted."

Jack placed a hand to his chin; Crow spoke a lot of sense. "Fayth? Yusei? What do you think? I'll have to talk with Goodwin about it, but I do think the idea has some merit." Jack asked.

Hopefully in-fucking-deed, Fayth internally agreed.

And even though Yusei and Crow had both recently seen Yuna, neither obtained any amount of her Psychic powers. Though if anyone paid enough attention, the sight of Fayth's body tensing up would be enough - particularly for those who knew the details - to assume she was on edge about Goodwin helping.

"I'm not gonna say like the man, Fayth. You have all the rights to be mad at Goodwin. But he could have done something by now if he wanted against you."

Fayth elicited a sigh ... and softly chuckled. "Is it that obvious? Stamped on my forehead or something?"

Yusei merely smiled slyly in response.

"It may as well be, huh?" Fayth added, nodding as she ran her hand through her bright blonde locks. "I .... fine. But there's a lot about this I don't like. Not just Rex being included, either. If this ritual happens every five thousand years, then how'd he learn about that? I doubt he's that old. It feels ... like the kind of information that isn't easy to obtain. Yet he happens to know it? That feels a bit ... off to me."

Sure, she could simply be over-reacting. Fayth knew that perfectly well. Alternatively, on the other hand, her concerns may be valid. Then again, Jack could also be right; maybe he was waiting to inform everyone when he had more definite details. None of this still changed her opinion, mind you. Nor fully got rid of her feelings about the Director. But ... it was enough to help Fayth relax.

After mulling a bit and weighing her options, Fayth nodded and finally uttered a simple reply, "I suppose though I can play along. Innocent till proven guilty and all that jazz."

When Jack brought up Ruka's name, her own disgusted look was mentioned as certain ... implications were made.

"Shit ... seriously? She has it too?"

Granted, Fayth had been pretty certain that was the case. But with how horrible her own pain was, even she had a hard time pinpointing other sources of agony. Particularly on different people. But she had been almost certain when her own mark lit up, she heard a younger girl whining about it. Hell, maybe she was in the stands with Ruka and the others?

She couldn't recall. That incident had happened far too many times for Fayth's liking - and probably the others, too.

"I hate to say it, Crow, but Jack's right."

Fayth pointed lightly to her blindfold.

"If he's fine attacking a teenager with a handicap, he's not gonna care about a child. Mercy really doesn't seem to exist in his dictionary anymore; assuming it ever did."

Well ... fuck. That was all Yusei could think as he looked over to his orange-haired comrade. It was no secret that between the four of them, he would hate hearing this the most. He took care of orphans, after all. Crow had always had a soft spot for children, so it was natural he'd immediately get worried.

"They live alone too," Yusei muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. "Their parents travel for work or something. Either way, I can only assume the best security they have is whatever alarms are installed in their house, but ... it sounds like that's not a good option."

"Definitely not," Fayth quickly confirmed. "Kiryu got rid of the Sector officers like they were nothing. Probably would have killed them all too ... if he didn't have an agenda to heed."

"Damn," Yusei murmured, trying to think. Could anything even be done?

Thankfully, Crow seemed to come up with an idea. A good one ... but one that obviously implied their own plan would need a bit of altering. "It may be the only thing we could even attempt to do that'd work at all."

There was another idea that came to Fayth. But ... was it a good one?

In the end, she decided ... probably not.

Yuna would probably help. That wasn't her concern. It was knowing she and Hotsuma were using the Facility. And just as Yuna had said before, Fayth hadn't gone there because .. it'd be a horrible way to trigger really shitty flashbacks. There was a very, very good chance it'd be worse for someone younger and purer than herself. Nor would Fayth blame them for not enjoying being in a prison, former or otherwise. Not even if it was supposed to be heavily fortified.

"That ... is probably the best thing any of us can do. And since it sounds like Yusei's been to their place before, finding them won't be an issue, at least."

Luckily, a more suitable destination entered her head. It was probably what Crow had implied, but just in case ...

"I'm guessing you'd take them back with you, Crow? To ... the same place Yusei helped me and Fuyu get to? An orphanage, I think? With all the kids around, that's what it sounded like."

"If it helps Fayth...I did call him out on potentially holding out. But when he spoke to me, I knew what he did tell me was important. He doesn't want us to underestimate the gravity of the situation; even so, dealing with all these unknowns is aggravating." Jack stated, Crow nodding "But until then...We'll just have to be vigilant. And when the time comes...We'll defend ourselves as much as necessary."

And with Fayth asking her own question, Crow would just answer, "Yeah it is an orphanage; probably won't be like wherever they live, but so long as it takes them out of the Dark Signers' line of sight, she should be alright." Jack just smiled, "Good; I'll talk with the Director after we're done and advise him on that. He'll need to get in contact with the parents; and if anything, Crow, you can watch over them until their parents return from wherever they're out from." Crow nodded, "Sure thing."

At this Jack then said, "And I apologize, but for now...That's really all I know. I don't think we're in any danger for right now though, nor is Ruka or her family. Yusei, Crow...You're welcome to reside here if you like, or I can book a place for you to stay at. Even if I'm not the Champion anymore...Well, suffice to say my name still carries weight." Something he'd noticed while out and about with Fayth; granted he couldn't splurge as much as usually liked, but even still he found himself on the receiving end of complimentary offers and such.

Crow replied, "I don't think us staying at the same spot would be wise; and if anything, we probably invited more trouble coming over here." Jack just snickered, "Still worried about Sector, Crow?" At this Crow raised his voice a little, "Not them...." to which Jack held up a hand and replied, "Relax, I was only joking. But I will find accommodations for you; Yusei, you still remember how to get to the King's Mansion Resort, yes? Will a room there be acceptable?" Yusei would remember that being the place where they stayed while competing at the Fortune Cup.

The smile from Fayth would indicate hearing even Jack feel suspicious in his own manners definitely did help her feel better. Good. It wasn't just her still feeling awkward about the Director. That made her feel a bit more normal and less selfish.

.... Could she ever forgive Goodwin for setting her up and being a large part of how she got into the Facility?

.... Maybe, and that was a huge one. But if she did, it would definitely not happen for years. However, should she find it in her, even Fayth could admit she'd forgive Goodwin before Sora for blinding her. In fact, Sora was one of those rare individuals she'd probably never allow a chance to redeem themselves. Then again ... that was likely fine with him.

Last she'd heard, he hadn't made an effort to change his mannerisms anyway.

He'll definitely get what's coming to him, the little fucker ...

It was very, very brief; yet a strong burst of emotions coated Fayth, like how an aura would do to a Psychic. The strongest sensation was bloodlust. A genuine desire to kill.

And because he'd been around Yuna, who had her own share of powers, Yusei snuck a sideways glance at Fayth out of the corner of his eyes. He wanted to ask what that had been about. But ... if it was nothing at all to begin with? That'd be awkward. Also, he wasn't sure if either of the other guys felt that. But perhaps, above all else, he really didn't want to think that Fayth of all people was starting down her own slippery slope of sorts.

Instead, Yusei would set his own empty ramen cup down, nodding as he listened on the plan and that everyone seemed to agree to it.

"Yeah, I do remember where King's Mansion Resort is. A room would be doable. I made sure to bring my winnings from the Fortune Cup with me."

On the off-chance Yusei was forgetting anything to bring up, he stayed quiet. His mind raced, but ... came up with nothing. So ... he nodded, slowly standing up, extending a hand to Fayth so she could join him.

"Well, Jack ... Fayth. It was good seeing you both. Hopefully we can meet up again on much happier circumstances. Keep taking care of Jack for us, eh?"

Fayth's quickly flushed a bright red color. "I ummm ... wouldn't say I take care of him much. It's usually the other way around."

"Well, something's going right. I haven't heard Jack so much as chortle, snicker, anything much in quite a while."

Without much warning, Yusei's arms wrapped around Fayth, pulling her into a hug. It wasn't just because they'd done so before and he felt comfortable repeating that gesture. There had been something he thought he caught sight of when he looked at Fayth out of the corner of his eyes. And now? Despite wearing his biker gloves, Yusei could feel he had been right. All along Fayth's back were ... what were those, exactly?

His instincts jumped to something that wasn't a good thing. And he doubted this was Jack's doing, so ... had it been from the theater? Something or someone else?

It took all of his will power to keep a normal expression, though he did give a firm nod towards Jack. As much as he did want to know, both he and Crow were on an invisible timer, unfortunately.

"Yeah .... keep taking care of one another."

The words would be spoken in the same tone; however, the slightest bit of urgency could be detected.

"Alright, Crow. If we wanna arrive before it gets too late, we need to head out now. Later you two."

Soon, Crow and Yusei would walk away from the other two Signers. The sound of the front door opening and closing hinted to Fayth they were gone. A mostly sincere yawn passed her lips as she held a hand up and stifled it. It'd also been a bit forced, but not so much it looked or sounded overly fake.

Still, she knew Yusei had felt the results of her sessions with Morningstar. Telling Jack about that pact had been nerve-wracking as it was. She didn't have it in her to reveal what had been occurring because of this agreement.

"I think I'm gonna retire a bit early," Fayth would say, her hand lowering after the yawn ended. "I'll see you later then?" With that, she began moving towards her room. She wasn't outright running, but it could be noted she was walking slightly faster than usual too.

"Well, don't worry too much about that; you'll have a room waiting for you by the time you get there." Jack said; he still had plenty saved up from all his endorsement deals. He wasn't so foolish as to not invest his earnings; being the Champion at the time, he wanted to be sure to have enough to enjoy some of the comforts that came with his former title. And if he could use it to provide his friends with comfortable lodgings?

However...He definitely didn't miss the firm nod of Yusei's head; and when he looked more closely, he could see distinct swells of raised flesh from under her shirt. His violet eyes widened in horror; who the hell was beating her?!

But he would wait until Yusei and Crow had left before he would address his concern; she would feel a hand on her shoulder, gently stopping her from moving. Granted it was likely because he was a good bit taller than her that he was able to catch up; what in the world had her so scared?

"Fayth....Wait a moment. What's going on? You got fairly jumpy after Yusei hugged you...And before you try to deny it, I saw them. Those welts on your back...I know for a fact those weren't there before." he would say; granted he didn't know exactly when they were inflicted, but it had to be after the theater. Her dress revealed a fair amount of her back, and it wasn't marked at all.

Given what she had told him, and the fact that Kiryu hadn't laid a hand on her yet...There was only one other thing it could possibly be.

"Sir...Is everything alright?" Mister Evans would then say, having just walked in to take everything away and clear the table. "Everything's fine; I apologize to trouble you, but could you call the King's Mansion Resort and notify them that a Yusei Fudo and Crow Hogan will be arriving there shortly? Please have those two set up in the best room available." Mister Evans nodded, "Of course, sir, right away. And if I don't see you the rest of the night...A good rest to both of you." Giving one last bow, the elderly butler retreated, leaving the two of them alone again.

"Fayth....Is this Morningstar hurting you?" he said, his fingers ever so slightly tensing on her shoulder; even her spirit would feel his outrage. "I don't know if he can hear me...But I want this to be clear: I don't know what kind of deal you have set up, but if he does anything to unnecessarily endanger you, I'll find a way to drag his fallen ass out of there."
=====================================================================================================================
*Meanwhile....*

Pursue them! Do not fail my Master when we are so close! Capture them all so I can take this forest's Guardian!

Loud screeches and howls could be heard with what was once a pristine and beautiful landscape; armored monkeys chased down different creatures, the staffs they held shooting arcs of black lightning that would paralyze anyone it hit and mutate them into stone tablets. Their faces frozen in horror as they were completely petrified, those on the run crying desperately to be saved; a majestic lion struggling and being quite the difficult beast to pin down.

You foul apes! Sealed the Guardian might be, but I'll not let you do as you please!

That was what the lion bellowed, a pained roar leaving him as the monkeys got their opening and seemed to stab him with their staffs before his image would fade away.

These images would come in short bursts, sometimes reverting back to the ape in charge who was barking orders; another image showed what appeared to be a serpentine dragon encased in a large stone. The power emanated outward strongly, pulsing harshly as if it were crying for help.

And it was here that a certain young man was standing over his sibling's bed; he'd heard some commotion, holding her hand. He didn't want to shake her or be too forward; she didn't take surprise well, especially after what he'd pulled during the tournament and he didn't want to compound any stress she might be having by forcefully rousing her from sleep. "Ruka! Ruka, wake up! It's me, Rua! I'm here!" Rua said; after the fiasco that was his stunt in the Fortune Cup, he wanted to show her he could be responsible.

Last edited:

"N-nothing! Really!"

She hadn't forgotten, per se, that he was taller. It just hadn't felt like she was moving so slowly. Then again, that likely worked against her also. She probably moved in a not-so-casual manner which, by itself, would probably have given Jack a hint something was up. With or without Yusei giving him a subtle cue.

Fayth gulped as Jack's hand landed atop her shoulders. Luckily, Morningstar always agreed to help accelerate the healing to make up for having her endure such harsh beatings, so the lash marks weren't nearly as bad. But all things considered? The sight wasn't a pleasant one in its own regards.

"I ... I ummm .... "

Her head bowed as she sighed softly. Fayth started to offer a verbal reply, but waited as Mister Evan's voice caught her ears first. Her head lifted long enough to offer the butler a smile and small bow of her head.

"Evening, Mister Evans."

Fayth would stay silent, making sure the elder man was out of earshot before beginning to explain.

"Yes. It ... this has been Morningstar. He's trying to give me .... something akin to what Yuna endured, but downgraded simultaneously. To help toughen me up. And ... he's not completely wrong. We already agreed there's a good chance all of these bastards aren't gonna care about hurting any of us. And .... I can't let something petty as pain force me into unconsciousness or worse. Especially since I have been chosen to wear this mark, and .... "

By now, she knew and understood perfectly she sounded a bit defensive. Her tone had gotten quicker and she was trying to justify something that even Fayth comprehended was, in its own forms and fashions, wrong. This wasn't okay.

And yet ....

"I couldn't figure anything out to prepare myself on my own, so ... what was I supposed to do? Tell him no?" Her head lowered again as Fayth continued, "Even you weren't sure what I could have done. But .... disregarding that, I need to start doing things on my own. I can't keep relying on you, Reiji, Fuyu, Yuna, Yusei, or anyone all the time .... "

Indeed, Morningstar was very much listening in on this talk. Just not appearing, lest Jack would otherwise see a very smug and sadistic smirk adorning the angel's lips.

A bit of silence would linger between the two before finally, he'd reply to Jack. Courtesy of telepathy.

"It's exactly as she said. You yourself saw what Yuna endured, and that was a small fraction. Fayth knows the entire scenario, even if she doesn't like to talk about or remember it. What I'm doing is merciful. Even you didn't know how to help her. So as far as I heard and saw? Even you couldn't do jack shit."

A soft chuckle echoed. Clearly he was amused at using Jack's own name the way he had.

"But tell you what - I'm not unreasonable. If you can come up with a better idea before twenty-four hours from now, I'll leave her be. Otherwise? You shut up and let me do what you can't seem to succeed with; getting her ready. Seem like a fair enough deal, hmm?"

The very strong 'take it or leave it'-esque tone implied he wasn't going to allow for much argument. He was all but demanding some sort of reply, be it a affirmative or negative reply. Of course, it was obvious enough to Morningstar what the smarter answer was and which was the dumber one. It was now up to Jack to show if he realized this or not.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

For a few days, it seemed like Ruka and Rua had gone back to their daily routines. With the Fortune Cup over, it was back to school. It wasn't nowhere near as exciting - but in some regards, that was fine for Ruka. Yet ... some part of her missed the tournament. Even with its .... darker moments, it hadn't been all bad. It had actually been a bit of a learning experience in its own ways, and she'd met a lot of interesting people.

From Fayth to Judai and everyone else who made it to the top sixteen.

It was a shame she hadn't gotten many more chances to speak with Judai. Because nights like this one would make seeing these same nightmares all over again easier to understand.

No. Not easier to understand necessarily; but simpler to know how to relay what she was seeing to anyone else.

Even Rua didn't know she had a rather special bond with the Spirit Realm. Not that Ruka didn't trust him - quite the opposite. But ... how did one go about explaining that whole story in the first place? The unknown answer was exactly why she was lamenting not having Judai around here and then. If he had his own connection, then surely he could at least attempt to assist in making it sound less confusing.

"Stop ... " she whimpered, turning on her side as she watched all of the monkeys running through the forest. Her hands gripped the sheets, a ghost of a smile crossing her face as a familiar figure came into view.

"Regulus ... "

Rua would notice Ruka was not awake. She was talking in her sleep, tossing and turning every few moments. Until finally, she sat up with a start, eyes wide in panic and horror .... and then a bit of embarrassment as she saw her brother beside her.

The effort to become more responsible was definitely appreciated. Still, it was clear she hadn't quite expected to see her twin right when she woke up. Usually she needed to call for him first which, granted, would have only taken a minute. Two to three tops. But those were spare minutes Ruka could have had to better prepare herself.

.... Ah well. Maybe this was one of those things she just needed to figure out on her own.

"S-sorry. Did I wake you? It was just ... just a nightmare."

Ruka frowned at herself, knowing perfectly it was much worse than a mere vision. But ... was that literally going on right at this exact second? Was she needed? Even if she was ... she couldn't simply leave. That fact honestly irritated her just to think about.

She'd need help, but ... dragging Rua into this mess wouldn't be very fair. At least, that's what Ruka felt mostly certain about.

Jack's face twisted into a scowl as she went on about how weak she was...About how she needed to learn how to defend herself. The smarter option would just be to get stronger and avoid getting hit in the first place. Even so, he knew that if they did have to fight...It wasn't going to be pretty.

All the same, he wasn't pleased to hear Morningstar's attitude. He didn't like the arrangements of this...Not one bit; even if he couldn't contact spirits like Fayth could, something about Morningstar felt off. Like this guy wasn't telling the whole truth about what he was really doing with Fayth.

Obviously the silence would tell her contracted spirit all he would need to know...But even so, Jack would not go by quietly.

"Fine...I suppose I didn't do much to help her prepare as well as I could have. But just so we're clear, Morningstar...If she gets hurt because of some crap you pulled, if you endanger her for whatever selfish goals you have in store?"

His face tightened even more into a lethal stare as he finished with, "I don't care what I have to do; I promise to make you regret it."
=====================================================================================================================
Rua's face lit up as Ruka seemed to finally snap herself free of the nightmare plaguing her; he'd known she was able to see into the Spirit World. And while these sorts of visions weren't ever that bad, he'd found her a couple of times with her saying she had a knot in her stomach.

To hear her whimpering for something to stop and see her tossing in her sleep? That definitely made his protective instincts flare up; of course, that was nothing new either. He'd always been wanting to make sure his sister was taken care of, even over things most would find trivial. Of course, few people had her health issues either, so the concerns weren't entirely unfounded.

"Ruka....I might not be as smart as you, but I do know when you're trying to hide something." Ruka said gently but firmly, grasping her hand just a bit more to let her know he wasn't going anywhere. Not enough to hurt her, obviously, but enough to drive that point. "I heard you say Regulus' name...Is something happening in the Forest? Are the people there in trouble?"

Sitting down next to her, he then said as his gaze softened towards his twin sibling, "Ruka...If there's anything wrong, tell me. I know I'm a goof...But you know I'd do anything I could to help you."
At the Dark Signer base in the Satellite, Rutger was busy looking over some of the final plans. Thanks to Takeshi and Kiryu, they'd found more than enough pawns for their final stage of the plans. And he would get yet another surprise

"Master...Our friend has helped us find two others..."

At this Demak returned along with a man in a sleek black suit and fedora as well; one of which was restrained with shackles, the other walking freely. Rutger managed to see this, raising a brow at seeing one was not restrained. The man in the suit smiled, tipping the rim of his hat "Worry not; the good Professor here is on his own terms. You see....He too has a bone to pick with one of our Signer friends. He has offered his services."

Rutger seemed a little happier with this, but the hard line of his mouth barely even twitched, "That so? Well then, Mister E. You've certainly helped us a good deal, even if I can tell you're keeping your motives a secret." Mister E let a low chuckle escape him, "I hide nothing; these 'Signers' represent everything my group seeks to destroy. And this Milner girl? She has allied herself with them, and apparently has been labelled as one of their Agents of Destruction. She cannot be allowed to live; her very existence is an affront to survival."

Rutger nodded, "Well then...Perhaps we can use you, Professor, to evaluate the strengths of one Signer in particular. And should you happen to defeat her? You'll be well rewarded." The Professor smiled, "Believe me...Her defeat will be reward enough. After I was denied a chance to face her in a Duel for my own purposes...Well, it's only fitting I should join a group who seeks their extermination."

Rutger then turned his head to the other man, "So...What is your story?"

Hah! He'd make him regret it; so says the human to a card spirit! Fucking hilarious!

Despite what he really thought, though, Morningstar didn't so much as chuckle or chortle out loud. Even Fayth wouldn't hear his true reaction. In fact, with how deathly quiet it was, one could assume he just broke communications off completely - which was only partially true. They were cut between him and Jack. He kept the telepathy limited to himself and Fayth to at least make one last reply.

So you get tonight off; count yourself lucky. I was going to have you resume after the guys left. Clearly, though, that's not an option. Expect to make up for tonight with extra work.

Before Fayth could reply, she felt a familiar sensation. Something akin to a phone hanging up - but it was a bit rougher this time around. Like Morningstar had slammed the receiver down, which made her flinch and cringe.

" .... I guess he's angry. He's never gotten that way before."

Her head bowed as she stayed put, not yet ready to move away from Jack. But .. what could be said? For a while, it didn't seem like anything, really. Or, rather, nothing Jack wouldn't be able to guess. Simultaneously, at least one of those points did seem like the most relevant thing to say.

"I ... I'm not going to say this is being done the right way. I'm not that naive. But ... I don't really think negating a pact like this is smart. Or ... at least not without talking carefully about it. Jack ... this isn't as one-sided as it seems. He has given me a good share of perks, believe it or not. And .... I know it's probably as stupid as it is selfish, but ... "

God, what have I done?!

It hadn't really ever seemed like Fayth had trapped herself in any form or fashion. But now that the true gravity of her deal was hitting her? It was threatening to cause Fayth to collapse to her knees. Her hand shot out, pressing firmly against the wall to help keep her from giving into her initial temptation.

"I really don't think there's an easy way to just back out of this. Not now, anyway. This ... was my doing. I need to woman up and accept what I got myself into."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Ruka weakly smiled as her brother rapidly insisted he'd help out if doable.

"I know. And I appreciate it. But ... the main issue lies in ... I don't know if even I could help them."

Slowly, she would give an affirmative nod.

"There's something very wrong happening in the Forest. It's being ... invaded, I guess. I know this is gonna sound weird - more so than usual - but by what I could only guess to be evil apes."

Her head shook from side to side.

"I've never seen anything like it before. But Regulus was definitely talking ... sounded like he was ready to fight against one of them, even. But if what he said was true ... "

She squeezed Rua's hand back. And though her grip wasn't nearly as strong, he'd notice her hand beginning to shake.

"We have to figure something out! Ancient Fairy Dragon ... they've sealed her away somehow .... "

Tears pricked the corner of her eyes as she looked over to her twin, wondering - subconsciously hoping - he would have the answers to this problem. "See?" she repeated in a low whisper, "I don't really know what to do. Or how to go about helping them."

What in the world had even happened? He tried to think and recall. All while jerking in frustration at the chains. Unfortunately, it was all an effort in vain. And he stopped after a bit; not out of fear, per se, but a simpler reason. The desire to keep his joints and bones intact. Besides, there were other answers he wanted to know. A quick glance around all but spelled out the next question.

"Who in the hell are you people, anyway?"

It looked like such a huge mix-up. On one hand, there was a professor and some Mister E. Was that a fake name? It felt like it had to be. It was too convenient.

Whatever. That didn't matter.

His head shook and turned away as he replied with little more than a scoff. "The fuck do you want me for, huh?" Bolton shot back.

Jack didn't say anything at first, allowing Fayth to spill her reasons to him. Of course he hadn't known that she was feeling tormented, helpless even; honestly, her displays against Kiryu's taunting made him think she had herself relatively handled. He figured this Morningstar contract would have been helping her...Not beating her.

Only now did he see how helpless she truly felt.

"Fayth..." he started to say, silent on the matter. "I can't say I understand where you're coming from, but neither will I chastise you for feeling the way you do. But you're correct in one respect: What you've done was a very selfish move...And a boneheaded one at that."

However, instead of further scorn, Jack then approached from behind and embraced her. Letting her hear his heartbeat in her ear. "I do understand at the very least, that you felt as if you had few options; I was much in the same boat as you were. Feeling trapped...Like there was only one way out. But...Don't do that to yourself; I can speak from experience that there's always another way, even if it doesn't seem like it."

At this he pulled back a little, but not enough to break contact,, "Just promise me one thing: Whatever you do, keep yourself safe. You have my word that I'll do everything in my power to help you through this, no matter what misfortune might befall me for it."
Rua didn't move an inch, didn't say a word as his sister revealed what had been happening in her dreams. He could only imagine what she was going through; he'd tried to be there for her as much as possible, but because of how frail she was, the Spirit World was one of the few places she could go to feel alive. To feel safe; and honestly? His biggest goal was to be that same person for her in the human world as the spirits had been for her in the Spirit World.

And right now? He was feeling pretty helpless, especially since she pointed out. But she was right...They couldn't stand by and do nothing.

"No one's saying we have to do anything right now, sis; I might be impulsive, but if we're going to try and get Ancient Fairy Dragon back...We'll need to reach out to people who can help. What about Yusei or Crow? They're Signers too, right? Maybe they can help us find a way to free her." he then suggested.
"I believe Rutger-sama asked you a question first; rather rude of you to reply with one of your own, don't you think?" the Professor replied with a chuckle, Mister E smiling. Rutger just shrugged, "It's fine, Professor; I didn't realize he would bring back someone so weak. So to answer your question honestly? I have no idea; all my friend here does is help find people that can advance our cause. And he mentioned that he knew of two people who had personal connections to those we were fighting against...So again I'll ask, what is your story?"

And when this man wouldn't answer, Mister E piped up, "Such difficult creatures...Very well, since he won't elaborate for himself, I shall do so in his place." Straightening his tie, Mister E then approached from behind and after walking past, turned to face their new captive with a straight face. " Bolger, CEO of Bolger & Company. A most successful venture...Or rather it had been before you fell into dire financial straits. Sales records showed you with various transactions of limited edition cards to cover your losses."

Pushing up his blackened glasses with his palm, he then continued, "But the real story is before that, isn't it? You met with some investors who wanted to supply your previous research on experimental Duel Runner designs with the funds to avoid a collapse...Along with your partner, Robert Pearson. The very man who denied you that chance; records show that the deal which would have saved your research fell through in one day. All because of him...The original owner of a rare card that would save you...One that a certain someone possesses..."

At this Rutger asked, "Where exactly are you going with this?" Mister E just smiled more, reaching into the pocket of his suit coat and pulling out a photo to hand to the darker-skinned man. "I believe our friend here knows one of your Signers...Indirectly of course, but he was responsible for that man's demise. How very convenient that a fire broke out where a Duel was registered to have taken place...And the only body found was Mister Pearson's; I'd say the evidence lines up with the obvious conclusion.

Turning back to Rutger, he then clarified, "How would the young man feel knowing that the man who robbed him of a close friend was in fact still alive and kicking? Still walking about scot-free?" In his mind, Rutger finally snapped the pieces together, a look of realization and a sinister grin appearing on his face, "Ah...So that's your angle. Yes, I believe we can make use of this."

At this, Rutger then came forward, showing the chained man the picture of a very familiar face, "In that case...I believe you can be of use to us. Tell me...How you feel about getting a chance to obtain the card that will save your company? All you need do...Is defeat this boy here and take it." Mister E just smirked and added, "I would think heavily on it, my good man; as you are now, your options are rather tied up much like yourself...I believe the one investor who wanted - what was it....Blackfeather Dragon, yes? - is not a very patient man."

"I ... I know. Now I do, anyway. I --- "

Fayth felt her words get stuck once again. This time, though, it wasn't from fear or shame. Instead, the same desires Morningstar had rather frequently taunted her with seemed to come to life as Jack wrapped his arms around her. Fayth's head bowed slightly as she shakily placed her own hands on top of his. One-sided as this was ... she'd be selfish. Even if he was doing it for his own reasons, this was making her feel good.

Whether he felt the same or could even guess that?

She could technically try to determine that. But ... she didn't want to.

As someone who knew what it was like to have one's thoughts read as easily as a book, she wouldn't dare do the same to someone who'd probably enjoy it even less than herself. Morningstar had hinted before the telepathy could be done even outside of their sessions; it just tended to be used between them. But if ever needed, she could technically talk with anyone that way.

"I can't really say I completely regret it though. Somewhat, yes. But not to a point where I want to ask Morningstar to undo everything."

If ever there was a time to turn around and finally be able to see Jack with her own eyes - even if briefly and temporarily - now was it. Her hands gripped tighter as she thought about doing just that. All things considered, it was tame. It definitely wouldn't be hasty compared to the time she abruptly kissed Yusei. Even still ... Fayth couldn't. The courage to do even that seemed to fade away.

"To borrow a book from Yuna's page, I can promise to try to keep myself safe. I can't make any guarantees though. Not with Kiryu or any of these Dark Signers around. But ... I'm definitely not going down easily. Not without a fight for damn sure."

A weak grin appeared on her face.

"Umm ... I wasn't only making an excuse to get away or anything. I really did intend on going to sleep early."

Yet, she didn't want to. Fatigue and exhaustion had been the main things helping her fall asleep ever since Fayth moved in with Jack. And those factors seemed to strengthen upon learning about the Dark Signers. Now though? She was wide-ass awake. And Fayth doubted - hell, would understand for that matter - that there were very few alternatives. She could try to sleep on the couch; that would at least be more doable than being dumb enough to inquire about sharing his bed.

But, she doubted either of those would work. She'd figure something out, or so Fayth convinced herself.

"So I .... will see you tomorrow, I suppose. I'm sorry you had to find out about everything like this."

And even though it very much irked Fayth, she fought every single urge that went through her head. From kissing Jack's hand to sneaking in a peek at him, even with the blindfold still technically on. Instead, she gently let go of the former king's hands and let them fall back down. No verbal words would be heard, but Fayth would at least wave before vanishing out of sight.

Soon after entering her room, she shook her head, even lightly smacked her forehead a few times.

Get. A. Grip!

Go figure the mission that coerced her to remain in a foreign dimension would be the one where her hormones started kicking in the hardest. This hadn't been an issue before. But then again, it was also fair to say no one else had even made any kind of intimate, physical contact before.

So confused. Why now of all times are these emotions bothering me?! Urgh!

When she couldn't figure any answers out, Fayth opted to do some of the few things that made sense. The first of those being to strip and get into some sleepwear. Sure enough, it wasn't immediate. However, she did fall asleep quicker than even she expected. About seven minutes after her head found the pillow, to be more precise.

Ruka quietly pondered on her brother's suggestion. It sounded great ... at first.

But then ... there was another problem.

"I don't doubt they'd help. However ... they can't go into the Spirit World."

And, even though it wasn't as big of a concern, it was still one all the same.

"We also don't know how to contact them. They probably have a phone number, yes, but we still don't know it. Judai, maybe .... I talked with him a bit. He hinted knowing and understanding the Spirit World in some form or fashion. But then, that issue about finding and talking to him is still the same as it is with Yusei and Crow."

A disheartened sigh passed her lips.

"You're probably correct that, for now, we have to wait. So ... we should take advantage of the fact we have time and better come up with something."

Her small smile further expanded.

"But not now. I only woke up because ... nightmare."

Her head sleepily turned and found she had been unconscious for a few hours. Three to four at most.

"I need to go back to sleep. You do too. We can talk and think more on it when we're both more alert, okay? But ... thanks for being here." She reached over and hugged her brother, letting go after a good minute or so passed.

"I'll see you in the morning," Ruka sleepily murmured, closing her eyes as she laid back down.

"Hmph. Normally, I'd agree, but given this weird-ass scenario I seem to be in? Not really. I'd say I'm entitled to some answers of my own also."

Naturally, he scoffed as the individual supposedly named Mister E claimed to speak for him.

Pfft, like hell you ---

But even Bolger's eyes couldn't help but widen as he not only relayed his story, but seemed to know everything. Not just that he was a CEO, but he knew of Pearson, Black Feather Dragon, even Crow.

"Why do you know so much about me?!"

Though his eyes had narrowed in anger, there were definitely more than enough hints within Bolger's voice to give away this was quite the shock; to see and hear someone know him as well as they did. His fists clenched tightly behind his back. Initially, he wanted to just hurl a 'screw you' sorta response.

But ... if these guys were real in what they were saying ... and getting the card back could save his company ... then it'd be worth heeding them. Wouldn't it?

Don't be fucking stupid!

Even still, it wasn't like he'd found other loopholes on his own. He had been at a 'push is coming to shove' point with his company. And he had put so much time, money, sweat, even blood, into this. Him giving up now would be as unjust as going after someone that, as far as Bolger was concerned, was all but an innocent bystander.

"Fine. Not for your sakes, mind you, but I'll do it all the same."

Jack let Fayth go, watching as she would bolt from him. "Fayth...." he would mutter; regardless, it was pretty much out of his hands, even he knew that. All the same, he wanted to make sure that she didn't just accept these things on a whim. Part of being with a group was that the others supported those when they were down; it was a lesson he'd learned quite late, but still needed to all the same.

But with that, he would call it a night and retire, changing into his own pajamas before laying down to sleep. His ability to do so slightly disturbed by the thoughts of Morningstar's actions against before his eyes finally closed.
Rua just smiled at his sister as she agreed to take it easy; looking at the clock, he did see how late it was. He would hug his sister back, saying "Sleep well, Ruka" He would wait for a few moments, seeing that she finally did fall back soundly asleep; he pulled her covers up a little more and added another lighter blanket just to help her feel safer.

"Ruka...I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you. Count on it" he would say mentally, leaving her room quietly and the door closing shut. Both twins soon going back to the realm of dreams.
"How I found out is of little importance, is it not? What only matters now is how you choose to respond." Mister E would say, adjusting his glasses once more; just as the man felt disinclined to answer them, he would not answer him. Besides, a CEO should know that any dealings and mysterious occurrences were always investigated, however small the investigations themselves were.

And when Bolger finally agreed, Rutger said "Very good; now, I'll confess something to the both of you. Normally I would use one of these..." he would pause to show them a spider with red markings no larger than a yen coin, "to subvert you to my control entirely. But...I feel like your appearances will have more impact if you present yourselves to them as you are now." Mister E nodded, "A wise choice; organic emotions are much more impactful against those two. Especially since we're going to be having those they might have encountered face them once more; I'm delightedly curious to see the results."

The Professor leaned in a bit closer, "Fascinating; you're saying this creature can dominate a person's will entirely?" Should his victory over the young girl come to fruition...He might see about Rutger allowing him to use them for his own purposes. "Indeed; however, if you're thinking of using it to force the Signer to lose...I'm afraid that is impossible. Their abilities render them immune to the God's power unless a Ritual Duel is performed with the holder of the God themselves as the victor." The Professor just nodded, "That's all well and good; I would much prefer to see the shock on her face as I tear everything she loves to pieces right in front of her."

And with that, Rutger would then say, "Mister E....If you'd be so kind as to release our guest." The dark-suited man said nothing as he went behind Bolger, releasing the binds that had constrained him. "I suggest the two of you lay low for now; my associates will inform you when we will move against them...Now then, Mister E will show you out."

And only when the two of them were gone did another figure approach from the shadows, Rutger asking to seemingly no one "Is the contingency ready?" A low 'hmph' sounded as Demak's voice replied, "Yes; Chacu Challhua is not pleased to have been not selected yet, but Cusillu and I have discussed that we should not reveal our entire hands just yet. We have his vessel in our sights; all that awaits is your command, my lord." Rutger then smiled, "Good...You may approach Bommer whenever a moment arises for you to do so. Be wary that he is still imprisoned; therefore you will need to deal with any armed guards that might be securing his transport. Until then, keep watch over our two newest acquisitions; make sure Bolger finds the boy." Demak would then bow and take his leave, allowing Rutger to bask in the fruits of his planning.

Yes...Soon it would all begin again, and this time the Gods would emerge victorious.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Several days had passed now...Several days since the destruction of his new headquarters. There was still one last spot, but so long as that vile woman was pursuing him...He could not risk their safety. No....If anything, even if it meant his death he could not allow her to find them.

Of course that was how he tried to rationalize it...But the truth was he was scared out of his mind. How did she come back?! HOW?! He'd pushed her god knows how many stories up; her body shouldn't even be in good enough shape to be resurrected! And she had some kind of weird wind control on top of that?!

Regardless, his form was preceded by a flash of light as he landed on the West Side of the Satellite, having just used his Teleportation card once again. His head throbbed from the exertion; even for the most advanced Psychics, using cards like this too often put an inordinate amount of strain on them. But at the very least he was far from the Facility...And far away from that cursed nosy undead witch, Carly Nagisa.

"Damned woman; I should have had one of the Mental Sphere Demons atomize her body just to be sure." he muttered, brushing his wild bangs to the side as he slid his teleportation card back into his pocket. Of course, coming here to the Satellite was dangerous in and of itself...But he was banking on her opinion of him, and that he might be too good to run to this place.

His moment of reprieve however was cut short as he felt that ominous presence again; no, how could she have found him already?! Without even so much as a simple retort, he was off like a scared rabbit again...Running for his life in the hopes of avoiding this demonic woman hellbent on destroying him.

As fun as testing her powers out had been, Carly had been nowhere near done. Thankfully, Rutger gave her the green light to pursue Divine once more. Today would be the day the true war versus the Signers would begin. They just didn't know it; not yet, anyway. Either way, she was fine with not immediately being sent after Jack. She was going to very, very, very thoroughly enjoy today ... even if the same, apparently, couldn't be said from her prey.

"Awwww. Running? No, no, that's not what you're supposed to do. Stay still, silly. What happened to all the bravado you used to have, hmmm? Did it die when I did? Wouldn't that be ironic, poetic justice?"

Each rhetorical question got louder in volume, ensuring that wherever he was hiding, Divine would be able to hear Carly. He'd also be able to hear that her tone got noticeably more and more sadistic. She was having way too much fun toying with him, something that would be painfully obvious as Carly giggled after finishing tossing her inquiries over.

Of course, it wasn't like he could go anywhere too far. Hence the confidence and arrogant tone in her voice.

What started as soft, barely audible footsteps began getting louder and louder. Signalling Carly was getting closer ... and closer ... until finally, she turned around a corner and was soon standing mere paces away from Divine.

"Why ... hello there. Been a while. Stay put, why don't you? It's rude to just up and run from people trying to speak with you, you know?"

Her taunting did not pass by Divine, his legs trying to carry him as fast as he could manage. He tried to use his Powers to teleport away from here...But he could feel something blocking him; maybe it was just fatigue? He'd been using that card an awful lot, it could just be the mental strain. Yeah, that had to be it!

Her lethal tone of voice sent chills down his spine; it didn't take a genius to figure why she was really here. And while he didn't blame her for feeling the way she did...He also wasn't exactly keen on simply letting her do as she pleased. It was her fault, after all, for breaking into his office. For trying to be a hero and reveal what all he'd been doing. For the good of Psychics everywhere.

Eventually it did reach a point where he could not run any longer, having reached a dead end. His breathing heavy as he heard the footsteps, increasing in volume before she would finally reveal herself to him. And what he saw terrified him.

Those eyes, wide and filled with seething hatred along with a sadistic glee to destroy, as she kept her voice a sickeningly sweet tone. His face set in a hard grimace as he was faced with the devastating reality; if she could level a building, she'd have no trouble dealing with him. It'd be a bear fighting a termite. Now he was cornered...And there was no way to escape this time.

"Rude? Me? Says the girl who tried to steal secrets from my organization. You wouldn't have understood what I was doing anyway, you narrow-minded brat." he would reply fiercely, asking as a small smirk crossed his face "So....Is this just simple revenge for what I did to you? Or is this still part of whatever noble little quest for justice about Hotsuma and Yuna?" Even if he was cornered...He was going to try and make this as unsatisfying for her as possible. It was all he could do now.

"Awwww. But I was doing my job. Aren't you supposed to be some sorta amazing Psychic? Then surely, you could have taken a different route as opposed to cold-blooded killing, hmm?"

Carly shrugged.

"Too late now. No take backs."

Her eyes couldn't help but roll when Divine inquired why she was here.

"Oh, don't even bother with that. The 'dumb blonde' mindset does not suit you well at all. You know, I could have let bygones be bygones, buuuut .... you've helped me change my mind. Nah. I'll stick to the original plan."

Not that she ever had even a nanosecond of altering her decisions; just a guise under the sensation of false hope gone horribly wrong. Stretching her left hand out, she thrust it towards Divine. Were anyone else around, it'd look odd, as she seemed to throw nothing.

Divine, however, would get a very different feeling, as wind knocked a considerable amount of oxygen from his lungs.

"I'm going to take my time with you. If you pass out before I'm satisfied? Well ... maybe it can shift to more than just that. We'll have to see, won't we?"

The first attack had been like a weak breeze dancing along Divine. The second that Carly hurled over was far stronger, though simultaneously nowhere near as powerful as it could be. She'd work her way towards major storm-like winds; but when she got there? It'd be nothing less than a pure miracle for him to survive those.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Life had been ... mostly comfortable for Aki. A bit lonely, but that was nothing new. What was foreign to her, however, were some rather .... erotic dreams she'd been having lately. And all seemed to involve a very certain person. Woman, in fact.

Yuna.

Odd, particularly given how things had gone the last time she saw her. Wasn't that, in itself, more than enough to warrant the likely fact Yuna felt nothing for her?

Under normal circumstances, Aki would have dismissed the visions and thought nothing of them. But there was a problem, one that didn't immediately click until earlier this morning. Aki wanted those to be real.

So fucking stupid, she'd chided herself. Not seeming to realize nor care that she, for once, had cursed.

But ... it made sense. It explained why she felt pained in allowing Yuna to leave Arcadia at all. Why, even with facing the chance of Death, her feelings had never changed. Not once.

Still, something had snapped and all Aki could truly comprehend was, for whatever rhyme or reason, she had a huge crush on Yuna.

She's probably still with Hotsuma, you know?

Of course! Or, if not him, someone else ...

Her head shook as she sighed. The tauntings from her mind had helped her choose to take a walk in the Tops. It was dark enough anyway; no immediate and unwanted attention would be drawn to her. She didn't know if she was still wanted for abducting Hajime, but Aki wasn't about to test that out. Hence why she tended to favor going out during the late afternoons to evenings, if ever.

And while, thankfully, Sector had more problems aside from worrying about her ... she still wasn't gonna push her luck if she could avoid it.

Aki had been walking now for about twenty minutes. She began to turn around, but stopped. It was faint - an indication either what she was sensing was weak or far away. But it was definitely Divine.

Her eyes narrowed as she recalled that one night she found his base in ruins. Well ... at least this confirmed he had gotten out alive. Good. Yet, whoever ruined Arcadia was likely with him. She needed to find him .... now! Aki closed her eyes, trying to focus and pinpoint where exactly her former Master was.

Meanwhile, Yuna finally seemed to get a streak of luck. It was like these idiots had so carelessly left a trail behind. Yes, she knew and understood how odd that was. Screw odd, that was a setup. Very likely a trap. Poor Hajime had been begging and insisting for Yuna to either reconsider going out, or at least not do so alone.

See?! He's not even answering! Yuna, please!

Yuna sighed in frustration as she sat atop her Wheeler, staring down at the built-in phone. After ending the attempted call, it would be revealed she had tried getting in touch with Hotsuma quite a few times. Six as of the last hang up, to be exact.

You just got your voice back, Yuna! Are you really gonna risk having that and even more vital things taken from you?!

"If that means getting Takeshi back, then yes."

The blue-haired lieutenant angrily clenched his fists. He wouldn't actually hit Yuna ... but goddamn if he didn't feel like doing so. Even just a slap to try to smack sense into her.

Yuna, you're openly admitting how suicidal this is! Let one of us go with you!

"And you wonder why I do this shit during the evenings?" she muttered back, sighing and turning so she was sitting backwards in her seat. "Let's assume this goes as badly as you're worried about, hmm? Then not only will I lose myself, but one of you in the process. Is that smart of me?"

You're not the only one who cares about Takeshi! We all do too!

"So then make sure this place remains standing! Give him somewhere to return to!" Scooting forward, Yuna placed her hands firmly on top of Hajime's shoulders. "I know you hate the idea of taking over for me. I'm not gonna say change how you think or feel, but I will say you did a damn good job. You can do it, should push ever come to shove."

Hajime covered his ears, grimacing. The sight made Yuna sigh, her head weakly shaking from side to side.

You know my abilities aren't completely sealed, right?

Goddamnit, Yuna ....

Then don't ignore me! Lower your hands and let me speak normally ...

Tears pricked Hajime's eyes as he complied, staring in annoyance at his leader and friend.

"Don't fight me on this. Please."

You make it sound so fucking easy!

Yuna weakly chuckled, earning another irked look from Hajime. "What? You know I'm not easy to kill."

You're not immortal either! she heard Hajime shoot back.

"True. But ... just have faith in me, if absolutely nothing else, okay?"

Yuna .... then .... before you go .... Hajime leaned forward and whispered something to Yuna, resulting in her raising an eyebrow. I know! I know, you've given concerns about that before, but ... let me finally try to make use of these powers that prick gave me, okay? I'm sure if I focus enough, this moment can be altered, if not completely hidden altogether.

His head slowly shook from side to side.

That idiot has no idea how lucky he is. Almost no one else would wait on him ... let alone an incredible woman like yourself.

" .... You'll only keep it to that?"

Reluctantly, but yes.

Yuna thought long and hard before slowly nodding. "You are my second because of that very fact; you've given me the most loyalty. I'm taking your word on this."

That was all he needed to act. His own hands fell atop Yuna's shoulders as Hajime leaned forward and pressed his lips firmly upon Yuna, placing a long, passionate kiss on them. He moaned softly, gripping slightly onto her shoulders every time he felt tempted to let his hands wander.

You better come back .... preferably alive ....

A semi-shaky hand landed on her forehead as Hajime shut his eyes, focusing on the past minute. The argument and everything before the kiss could be seen. But he was working on turning the kiss into a simple 'farewell hug' gesture. He figured if that got Hotsuma annoyed yet he refused to become Yuna's lover again ... well .... that should be a very bright, flashing neon sign.

That should stay in tact as long as I keep it that way. Now ... go, before I try to join you or something.

Yuna flashed Hajime one last smile, nodding as she turned and sat back down properly. The engine revved as she started her bike up. Soon, she sped out and rode towards the destination that had all but been pointed out to her.

Please let her come back, Hajime begged, slamming his hand angrily down on the garage door as Yuna disappeared from sight.

"Right...And have the hounds of Security round me up for trying to improve the lives of all Psychics. And you dare talk to me like I'm not all there? Do you really expect me to believe the story wouldn't have gotten out somehow?" Divine snarled; even though it was painfully clear she was in the enormously advantageous position, it still boiled his blood to hear this uppity little tart dare speak down to him.

His brow did raise as she mentioned about sticking to the original plan; he was about to comment about how it was unlikely she was just going to let him walk away before he doubled over in pain, hands clutching his abdomen. It felt like something just socked him in the gut...Like someone just dropped a bowling ball on his solar plexus.

The next attack launched him back against the wall, a sickening crack resounding as his back and the back of his head hit the solid foundation. A pained grunt left him as a gloved hand checked where his head had hit the wall; no blood...Yet. "Hmph...Well, suppose I can't fault you..."

It was here that he gave a grin again, an eye squeezed shut from the agony in his body, "But if you're expecting to hear me beg for my life, then you just go right back to hell because that's where you belong."

He did feel a familiar signature...And part of him was sorely tempted to call to her for help. No...No, she would be the one to take them all down. Her power was unequaled among the Psychics...Even compared to himself; those times she surpassed him and thought he was holding back? The truth was he was using every bit of his energy to match her.

And therefore...He couldn't endanger her. She needed every available chance to stay alive and find a way to destroy these people.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Killing wasn't usually something on Misty's agenda...But these special circumstances warranted it. That didn't mean, however, that she was inclined to just go forward and do it. As much as she utterly wanted to, and oh did she want to!

"Tobi-nee...I promise to avenge what happened to you. Arcadia will pay for what they did!"

Her God was more than pleased by her conviction but said nothing; of all the Earthbound Gods, Ccarayhua was the quietest, only speaking when absolutely necessary. He had been more than willing to allow this woman to use his power of camouflage, herself now dressed as she had been for the last major social event she had attended with her little brother. As it stood, she appeared as her completely normal human self, Ccarayhua's ability allowing her this disguise.

It would cement in that wicked witch's brain who it was she was truly being hunted by.

And it was here that she would walk up to Akiza, her very target...But instead of a murderous aura, Aki would feel nothing. As in, absolutely nothing; almost as if this woman approaching had all but severed any sort of perception outside the immediate area of where they were both standing. "Worried, Izayoi-san? I wouldn't be too concerned with him if I were you...As it stands, you have much bigger problems, don't you think?" Misty then asked her, a knowing smile on her face.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kiryu was busy lounging as Takeshi was finishing another Duel; one of the groups of escaped convicts from the former Facility had approached them. There were probably about fifteen of them in total...And even with their combined might, Takeshi had annihilated all of them easily. They all laid comatose, their souls absorbed after the Mark on Kiryu's arm faded. Kiryu had been careful to leave his own trails of bread crumbs for a certain someone to follow.

How many victims had fallen to them now? Even he had lost count; but this was what Rutger-sama wanted, and besides he wasn't about to say no to a free show.

"So weak....Not enough...Not close to enough!" Takeshi shouted, Kiryu just chuckling, "Settle my friend; it's rather fortuitous of us to have run into so many. Besides, I know who you really want to Duel....Consider those nobodies a warm-up. And with all the ruckus we've been causing, I guarantee you she'll find us in no time!"

At this Takeshi turned to Kiryu, "Kiryu...We haven't fought yet. Let's do it..." At this Kiryu raised a brow; man, this kid was thirsty as fuck! Even so, Kiryu couldn't help laughing rather loudly at the man's declaration, "Damn man, were you always so vicious? Heh, not that I mind...But strong as you are, you couldn't handle me, Takeshi boy."

Almost as if on cue though, Kiryu felt her presence; she was close by, and gaining ground by the second. "Yuna...." Takeshi muttered; unlike last time, however, there was no hint of recognition. No glint to try and break the control that completely consumed him. No...This was a desire to fight and destroy her as he'd done so many others. "And here she comes..." Kiryu added on with a sadistic grin; giving a jump to a piece of broken exposed upper flooring, he then stood tall and raised his voice enough to where even Yuna could hear him clearly, the power of his Immortal letting his voice carry loudly across the empty landscape,

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, BOYS AND GIRLS! COME ONE, COME ALL TO THE GLORIOUS SHOWDOWN OF THE CENTURY! JUST FOLLOW THE SOUND OF MY VOICE TO WITNESS A TRULY SPECTACULAR SLAUGHTER! IT'S THE FIGHT OF THE WORLD'S BIGGEST BITCH THAT MAKES ALL THE OTHER BITCHES LOOK LIKE BITCHES, YUNA TAKEDA! IT'S A TALE OF LOVE, REGRET, HURT AND DESIRE! CAN SHE SAVE HER MOST PRECIOUS FRIEND, EVEN AFTER HAVING NEARLY KILLED HIS OWN!?! JUST WALK RIGHT THIS WAY AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELVES!"

"So ... keeping your precious secret hidden justifies murder? Hah! What-fucking-ever!"

Carly scoffed, waving her hand dismissively through the air.

"I don't know who you think you're fooling, but it ain't me." And when he went on to vow he wouldn't beg ... her smirk only widened. "Oh, but you will. Everyone eventually breaks. It's just a matter of when and how badly. Even Kiryu got that Yuna bitch to start cracking despite ultimately failing in his interrogation techniques."

That story had, unfortunately for Kiryu, gone around. All of the Dark Signers knew of it, because ... well ... Rutger scolded the ever-living fuck outta him. To say Kiryu got an earful was an understatement. So, naturally, everyone else who didn't know beforehand eventually learned of what had happened.

"So ... let's see how long your facade can stick around, shall we? I promise you that you'll be whimpering and pleading with me before I return to the Abyss."

Very slowly - but very surely - Carly would increase the power included within each attack. Not only would the damage against Divine be worse than the last hit, but the wall and scenery around him steadily started to crumble and break.

"Ready to swallow your pride yet? I've heard it's more bitter than medicine. But ... that makes sense. It's to be expected, really."

... I didn't hear about any overly elegant parties tonight. Interesting dress ...

Kinda cute, too, if Aki had to be honest. But ... that wasn't where her focus needed to be.

Wait ...

When the nothingness computed to Aki, she stopped dead in her tracks and turned to the woman. Almost expecting her to somehow have the answers. "You ... why are you familiar?"

Her eyebrows furrowed as she studied the figure. No mistaking it. All of the doubts steadily disappeared. She definitely knew who this was. But ... where from? When the answer finally registered, Aki's eyes briefly widened.

" ... Misty? Is ... that really you?"

Well ... this was ... awkward. And that was being generous. Aki blinked a few times before shaking her head quickly.

"I suppose the answer to 'how' doesn't really matter much anymore, so I'll skip that. What do you want though?"

Yuna hadn't really needed to hear Kiryu's incredibly loud and annoying voice. But ... it at least helped confirm she had gone the right way. A very small, but significant, something she could appreciate. Her wheels screeched to a quick halt as Yuna removed her visor, all but jumping off her Wheeler. Her head lifted and the softest of sighs passed her lips as she saw Takeshi.

Good. At least this lead hadn't been a false one.

"Ever considered doing acting work or some shit like that? You've got enough of a flair for the dramatics, after all."

Yuna scoffed, rolling her eyes as she kept her gaze on Takeshi.

"But you direly need to work on your creativity. Tell me something new. Christ, I've known I've been a bitch for years. That's an old line. Now then ... since you knew I was coming here, it's no secret what I'm here for."

Her eyes softened as she slowly started walking forward, gaze staying adamantly on Takeshi.

"Last time was no accident! I heard it in you! You helped show you are better than this prick! Enough of the crap! Let's just go home. Please, Takeshi ... "

Divine couldn't say anything, only be subjected to the brutal punishment she inflicted on him. Time and time again, he was slammed about the scenery. Blood leaked from the corners of his mouth, even as he tried to use his abilities to soften the blows enough.

And to an extent, they did work; but it was still clear that she was wearing him down.

"It's not pride...You stupid brat. You think because of some borrowed power...That you're suddenly better. That you're stronger..." Divine coughed, slumping down after she ceased her barrage. "I'll tell you this now...Even if you have some sort of supernatural power, you're still nothing. What have you accomplished...Huh? What will killing me ultimately amount to when you lay defeated? Nothing...You'll have died twice for nothing...Heh...Hehehe...."

Of course, it was fairly easy for Divine to talk big...But all Carly needed to do was hit him a little more, and she would have her confession. Unless she decided to end him now, which was partly why he was using words the way he was.
Misty's expression didn't change at first; she supposed it wasn't too surprising to her that she didn't recognize her right away. After her car accident, most everyone even forgot she existed. But a small smile did appear as she finally stated her name.

"Oh? You remember little ol' me? I should be flattered...." Misty started off, adding with a much more chilling tone as her expression hardened, "But in truth, I desire nothing more than your absolute annihilation....Black Rose Witch!"

An aura of nauseating energy erupted from her, sending a gale of said energy spiraling outward around her in a violent cyclone. Her elegant dress disappearing and transforming into a dark robe with green accents, red slanted F-shaped marks appearing on her cheeks as the wind from her transformation died down. Those steel-gray irises cold as ice as they gazed upon her sworn enemy.

"Akiza Izayoi...Divine's ever-faithful little pet. His dog that barks when he so commands. You dare ask what I want...YOU DARE TRY TO PLAY THE FOOL WITH ME?!" Misty bellowed, that energy erupting again as she stared down the redhead. "This form before you...Is the result of the rage that boils inside me. The desire to do unto you as you have done unto me..." Her fists clenched, her normally calm composure faltering before she finally was able to calm down.

Misty did pause to note that the energies around Kiryu and Carly had spiked considerably; seems everyone found who they were looking for. How very fitting that they all found their targets at the same time.

It was here she then pulled a picture from a pocket stitched into her neckline, tossing the photo so that it would land face-up in front of her. "Since you seem to have suffered a head injury...This will have to suffice. Tobi Lola...My younger brother. Taken in by your master...And killed by you! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?!"

Kiryu just laughed at Yuna's words, "Well, ain't that just the sweetest compliment you've ever given me?" At this he gave a fakely flamboyant flip of his hair, "I'd love to go into the entertainment business; I'm very photogenic. You should have seen my prison mugshot; I made one handsome prisoner if I do say so myself." Of course these words words "But really, it's not my fault' if you had anything more than being a bitch that was noteworthy, I would definitely get some new material. We both know your loyalty's a sham, seeing as you tried to kill your partner and all."

Takeshi's expression didn't change, that wicked sinister smirk on his face as his blank eyes stared at Yuna from under the hood. Holding his arms out wide he mentioned to the pile of bodies around him. All of them not moving at all, "Yuna...Look at me now. Are you ready to face me? Or will you try to appeal to my sense of camaraderie again?" Kiryu just laughed, "Sorry, Yuna; whatever happened last time was a glitch. He's ours now...And nothing you can say or do will change that! But by all means, keep begging! You look rather cute doing that!"

At this he then pointed to the floor, "But usually it has more impact if you get on your knees; maybe if you apologize nicely and ask me sincerely for forgiveness...I can try to give him back to you. Rutger-sama's indoctrination is quite powerful though..." He paused to smile evilly at her, "So I wouldn't count on it..."

"Kiryu-sama...Enough talking. I want to crush her....I want her to fight the real me. The vicious me, the stronger me!" Takeshi shouted, a sickening aura rolling off of him as the mark on his arm lit up. "Oooooh, he is so ready to kill you! Well Yuna, I guess it's show time!" And with a snap of his fingers, Takeshi and Yuna would be encircled in black-purple flames. Takeshi's Duel Disk activating, Kiryu standing up from his perch and saying "But wait, there's more! What's a proper Death Game without a threat of actual death?! Yuna, you should be thankful that I went through all this trouble to arrange this little get-together! Apu-dono...Please show our contestants what they'll be fighting for!"

And in a flourish, a pair of black-blue hands erupted from the earth and encircled both Yuna and Takeshi about their midsections. "Yuna, don't think I forgot about your little time-out sessions when me and Misty last caught ya! Well guess what?! You lose this Duel, you get a time-out...FOREVER!!! AHAHAHAHAAHA!" Kiryu cackled maniacally, shouting "NOW THEN! TAKESHI WILL TAKE THE FIRST TURN! DUEL!!"

And with the Duel started, Takeshi would draw his first cards. "My turn! Draw!" Takeshi shouted, going forward immediately "I summon Unknown Flame Samurai in Attack Mode. Then I'll place one card face-down and end my turn." He then held his hands out, "Come Yuna...Show me the strength of Yomi's leader...Show me that you're worth my effort to get stronger!" Kiryu chuckled, "Ooooh, saucy! Yuna, you gonna let your former comrade diss you like that? I'm pretty sure he just called you a pussy, hahahaha!"

"Hmph. Me? Defeated? Hardly. I mean ... look at yourself for crying out loud! If you can do next to nothing, then I doubt any of the Signers will be able to deal with us."

Whilst flashing a cocky smirk, Carly tossed some of her hair back.

"Keep lying to yourself. Whatever will make you feel happier before you die. It's about to be your funeral before mine. You're not gonna get to me. I've simply been allowed to delay going after my first target. And I'm very much fine with that. I've wanted to seek you out first and foremost. Now that we're here ... and no one is coming to save you ... I'm going to enjoy myself. Very, very much so."

Just as Misty noticed picked up on herself and Kiryu finding their targets, Carly felt the same sensation. If possible, it caused her smirk to widen. "Mhmmm. Confirmed. No one's gonna come over; though let's pretend they do ... "

As her voice trailed off, Divine would be hoisted up again, steadily being lifted high up into the air.

"The timing's gonna be too late, you know?"

And then, whatever invisible force had been keeping him held seemed to vanish. A tornado from seemingly nowhere appeared, yanking Divine into the storm. He'd spin wildly around, getting thrown like little more than a mere doll in the storm. Probably hitting the wall a few times in the process. After making the Psychic spin in at least five circles, he was unceremoniously hurled out of the storm, thrust right against the wall once again.

"Still gonna use your strong front card? Or are you finally understanding how pathetic you look and sound?"

"I no longer go by that name anymore. Misty .... "

Okay. Fair. That had been a dumb question. She wouldn't even argue about that. Certain bits about what she said, however, were a different story.

"Misty, I'm not even with Divine or Arcadia anymore. What happened to your brother .... that truly was unfortunate. But that was not my fault. I'm not just trying to take the easy way out, either. I'm being completely sincere."

Aki stayed still, not daring to move. Not yet, anyway.

"That being said, strong as I am, I can't just turn time back. He's gone ... that can't be changed. Surely, you know this as much as myself. As far as killing me?"

Aki shook her head.

"Not today. Not happening ever, really. Your new power ... I can definitely feel it. But ... still. I'm refusing to perish."

Now Aki allowed herself to start moving past Misty, going at a slightly quicker than normal pace. "If you'll excuse me, I have somewhere else to be."

Yuna merely ignored the taunt. He didn't know all of the details. And while Yuna could understand some people would just as easily use the technicality of being ... not herself against her, she also remembered the night she was found.

You were fucking there, Takeshi! You, Hajime, Yamichi, Hotsuma ... if my actions were that dire, you wouldn't have come at all!

Her fists clenched tightly as wrath helped her tremble. Honestly, she looked ready to sink to her knees, and that was even after hearing it would likely be pointless. Yuna opted to stand not out of fear, but seeing Takeshi activate his duel disk.

" ... Tch ... "

Yuna grimaced, looking beside and behind herself as the violet circle shot around herself, Takeshi, and Kiryu. "Guess so," she replied back, not bothering to hide her annoyance and disdain at being coerced into this duel. With a swift downward grab, she pulled her deck out of its holster and placed it gracefully into her disk, activating and holding it up.

A deep breath elicited. What had started as a calm exhale, however, turned into a gasp as the black-blue hands wrapped around her torso.

"The fuck?!"

Was this Apu supposed to be the person Kiryu was talking about?

Better question, was this what sealed Rose away?

... Maybe. It'd definitely make sense, she supposed.

"Hmph. Try me. I'm not gonna die that easy, even if I lose."

It wasn't a complete act nor lie. Kiryu knew perfect well she truly was tough. Two weeks of enduring him proved that. But at the same time ... no amount of determination could hide the implications of this fight were making her nervous. She just ... was trying her damnedest to focus more so on one of two outcomes. Either she emerged as the victor and helped Takeshi out.

After all, she doubted he was immune to that same risk.

Or - and this was the more likely hope - Hotsuma finally stop being stubborn and hurry up over here. She had given coordinates at the end of her message, after all. So he would be able to find her. He just needed to stop being his usual self and at least take a few minutes to listen to the call, even if for different reasons.

"My turn. Draw!"

Her eyes rolled as she ignored Kiryu's words. "Don't need a fucking translator," she muttered, proceeding with her turn. "I'll set two cards down and summon Getsu Fhuma. Turn end!"

If she had drawn - say - Marauding Captain, she would feel much better with attacking. Unfortunately, doing so now would be foolish. Besides, she knew Takeshi was smart. Him charging without thinking would be just as dangerous so Yuna - hopefully - was forcing him to at least think before running and attacking her.

Back
Top Bottom