Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MURPG

lilithsboy

Star
I would like to see about playing (or GMing if no one else wants to though I would like to play) an MURPG game. If you are not familiar with this game it is a diceless Marvel game that lends itself well to play by post particularly on here since there is no on-site rolling.

I would prefer to be able to play OC and have this be adult in some fashion but please let me know what people want.

lilithsboy said:
Actually, it is controlled by you. It is not an action but it does not simply start firing on people who have a negative thought about you. You must control it and define whom it affects. If you want something like that we can do it as you not having full control yet.
Sounds good - part of it might be her current attitude of being on the run and thinking most people are against her (and being reluctant to accept being a mutant and thereby gain control of her powers).

As a side note what would happen to an unknown sniper, would they be reflexively messed up by bad luck (as an opponent) or would they get the shot without affect as she is not aware of them and therefore could not direct the power as needed?

Do we include in the journal events prior to when the game starts? For example Ra'Khan and Eric's eventual collaboration?

no your backstory should be included in the character sheet.

A sniper firing at her would probably hit in all honesty. Just a standard rifle for that grants 4 stones if they added any more than 3 your bad luck will not take effect at all. But your luck will clearly see that as an opponent.

Cool - not sure if reflexive dodge would work against a sniper rifle (i.e is is reflexive to danger or just known danger) but as an explanation of how the luck works I think that covers that the whole opponent thing.

As a check for not having full control could I have that as a -1 power level (essentially a weaker version of the whole Automatically causes collateral damage), basically it would mean she could never actually fight fair, or compete fairly in anything and might occassionally cause trouble to randomers around her (people playing sports she is watching just messing up a little while she is paying attention).
I would than be inclined to also take 'can't be improved by adding lines' and have a Bad Luck of 10 in total (and just be the worst luck person around :)

I am currently plotting Eric's past with Winterstar now, as he's known her the longest. I also sent lilithsboy a PM about the suit's designer. Once those two are done, we can work on details with Ra'Khan, and we've already basically figured out how Ambrosia got added.

I will be getting to the design team a little later today.

Now as far as those changes: If you want to take it as a minor challenge and actually receive credit for it then what is going to happen that it actually will activate when someone thinks something bad about you. This could be a problem as all of your team members will not always get along. In fact, it even could prove dangerous. As for cannot be improved by lines modifiers automatically come with this they may only be improved with stones.

Lets explain how this could work. A sniper is going to get a situational modifier based off of how well he is hidden/the type of location and your level of activity to attack you.

Lets say you are walking down a street in an uncrowded area minding your own business and said sniper is goverment trained to take out people like you... +3

now he spends 3 stones into his attack with 4 from the rifle and a 3 situational modifier. 10

Your reflexive dodge does kick in (something about this situation does not feel right). Your luck leaps into action -7 so it reduces his attack to 0... In this game a 0 is still a success just does not do any damage but because it is still a success your luck cannot actually do anything to help you so the luck check fails and cannot reduce the remainder at all.... so 7 stones on a 2x rifle 14 dmg. you have 9 stones of health I would suggest going unconscious for 10 rounds instead of dying.

Ah ok all makes sense, thought 0 stones remaining would auto fail in the same manner as no stones assigned (as otherwise Bad Luck 1 would never really do anything) but either interpretation works and good to know which it is.

Now as far as those changes: If you want to take it as a minor challenge and actually receive credit for it then what is going to happen that it actually will activate when someone thinks something bad about you. This could be a problem as all of your team members will not always get along. In fact, it even could prove dangerous. As for cannot be improved by lines modifiers automatically come with this they may only be improved with stones.
Yea I think I will take this (I will list it as 'always active'), it works well to explain why she is constantly broke - few businesses can afford to hire someone who makes everyone else start to screw up so she might be known as a jinx) - I had forgotten about the modifier piece, but instead of increasing Bad Luck to 8 I will increase Intelligence to 8 instead, hope that is alright (down the line if the game goes on she might become an inventor/business person etc of some kind once she sorts herself out).

Bad luck 1 does not auto fail because there is always a resistance, it simply is not as useful as a higher number but there are a few situations I can think of it would work out well for someone to have it.

For this I am going to use a character with a power called drain energy in order to use it they must touch you (most often this requires a success on an attack roll) and like I said 0 is a success.

So this character attacks you(3 in close combat with 3 into drain energy), and you are relying only on reflexive dodge 3 he succeeds with a 0 dealing 0 physical damage but also dropping your energy pool by 3. If you had bad luck 1 however as he went to strike you the 0 would become -1 and a piece of garbage got caught in the breeze blew right into his hand has he touched you but the paper stopped actual physical contact.

No stones assigned means you never attempt. Having 0 stones over means you barely succeed. (and it is not good enough for dmg but as seen above is good enough for other things)

Okay just remember in order for her to ever gain control of that modifier you will have to come up with 5 stones.

dancrilis said:
I will increase Intelligence to 8 instead, hope that is alright (down the line if the game goes on she might become an inventor/business person etc of some kind once she sorts herself out).

There is definitely room for an inventor in the group, as my char can't do it despite having a power suit.

Sounds good - it would take her a while to be anything resembling a decent inventor at least 10 lines to get even the first rank in it and than she will only be able to build effects for 4.5 stones (presumedly rounded down) - but could be how she might gains control of her mutation how that I think about it once she is more experienced.

once I have all characters in the character profile thread I will start... kinda waiting on that

I've been pretty patient here, but I thin it's time someone made an executive call as to whether or not this is happening.

Last I heard was that last minute check of character sheets are made before eventually starting. But that was days ago.

Back
Top Bottom