Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is your profession?

VitaObscura said:
Aidler said:
Also look into boilermaker. Big money there.

The Local has that as well. In so far, I have five years of Apprenticeship/night courses ahead of me, which isn't that bad considering I get to sleep in my own bed and won't get shipped out to some BS place to do some BS AIT for 36 weeks.

Meh. There are pros and cons to each. A lot of people dont ever make it through the apprenticeship because the work can be so unsteady that ya cant support yourself on it. They look for other jobs that pay less but are steady and get comfortable.

Me? Joining the Navy was probably the best thing I did. Sure I lost a lot of time with my family. But it supported us well through some very hard economic times and now if I wanted to continue in that line work I could write my own ticket. But instead I moved to a job I really love that pays very well.

I'm currently a law office intern for my local public defenders office... but I'm trying to lock down a job back at my old summer camp as a counselor for the second half of the summer. So we'll see! ^_^

i guess im a junior assistant associate technical writer in training. in addition to waitress at a different job.

So far it seems the job of a tech writer is to convince programmers /developers to actually write something down about how their stuff is supposed to work. Or, you know, like , share. Use their words :D im also learning something about being a "scrum master" which seems like a new age project manager combined with a juggler. Id prefer to be the scrum wench ,but they dont have that option :)

I teach High School English. I was working at a really dank school in a pretty bad area, but now I'm at a really nice private school. We get longer holidays which is great. I have plenty of time to work on my writing.

Aidler said:
Meh. There are pros and cons to each. A lot of people dont ever make it through the apprenticeship because the work can be so unsteady that ya cant support yourself on it. They look for other jobs that pay less but are steady and get comfortable.

Me? Joining the Navy was probably the best thing I did. Sure I lost a lot of time with my family. But it supported us well through some very hard economic times and now if I wanted to continue in that line work I could write my own ticket. But instead I moved to a job I really love that pays very well.

Yeah, I hear that.

I'm just tired of doing the armed security work, sure the work is steady and I can get away with murder, but I'm really tired of always carrying a sidearm at work, wearing a vest and being nice to people who really should be dragged out back and thrown into a dumpster with the other 1,095 week abortion dodgers.

Then again the Army did give me some awesome coping abilities.

As it stands, HVAC seems like something I'll enjoy and my background in the Army is pretty much letting me get in at a decent wage where I'll be able to afford my own house in five or so years, sooner if I do OT and watch my spending, since I already did my "buy all the things" with my first sign on bonus in 2000.

VitaObscura said:
Aidler said:

Yeah, I hear that.

I'm just tired of doing the armed security work, sure the work is steady and I can get away with murder, but I'm really tired of always carrying a sidearm at work, wearing a vest and being nice to people who really should be dragged out back and thrown into a dumpster with the other 1,095 week abortion dodgers.

Then again the Army did give me some awesome coping abilities.

As it stands, HVAC seems like something I'll enjoy and my background in the Army is pretty much letting me get in at a decent wage where I'll be able to afford my own house in five or so years, sooner if I do OT and watch my spending, since I already did my "buy all the things" with my first sign on bonus in 2000.

Thats something a lot of folks end up doing. They spend their entire paycheck on shit and then end up living paycheck to paycheck. Live frugally and make your money work for you. I get it. It can be hard especially if you have a young family. But its so worth it later in life when youve made yourself secure in your finances.

Maybe when you finally buy a home get a rather small and inexpensive one. Live in it four or five years then turn it into a rental and buy a better house. A few years and the first one is paid off turn the second into a rental. So on and so forth. Dont get me wrong. It can be a lot of work. But is worth it if you do it smart.

I can officially add "Game Store Clerk" to my profession in addition to still being a Hotel Clerk. Double jobs is rough, yall. Aw well. Feels good having money at the end of the month again as opposed to a mere 50 bucks once all my mandatory expenses are paid.

I'm a private music teacher/instructor, pretty good job at least in some ways. Wouldn't want to teach at a school or anything though.

I work in retail. It's awful but it pays the bills. I'm working on going back to school but I need to clean my credit up before I can worry about all of that. Plus I'm working on getting a car. Once I do those two things, I should be able to go back to school. I'm torn between what I'd like to study and what I probably should study.

Batchick said:
I work in retail. It's awful but it pays the bills. I'm working on going back to school but I need to clean my credit up before I can worry about all of that. Plus I'm working on getting a car. Once I do those two things, I should be able to go back to school. I'm torn between what I'd like to study and what I probably should study.

What are you wanting to study?

I'm getting ready to start work at Amazon, probably doing pick. My work week will consist of 3 12-hr days, and I'll four days off for my weekend. I'm looking forward to this!!

I work in jobs that help people get support and services as well as in IT. Basically I mix the two; pretty much social work and IT to help people learn how to better their lives with technology while helping them get what they need. I really want to work in my own private office one day.

Am I the only one looking for an employment in a dildo factory ?
I work as a part time statistician btw.

Sleepingskill said:
Fashion designer https://imgur.com/a/3OTqY

I love Rammstein

Oh, also social worker, I probably said that already here.

Back
Top Bottom