Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

I'm watching more movies than I ever do because of being sick. Normally I maybe watch a movie a year, if that. I just can't keep my brain focused that long on one thing, unless it's something I've been dying to watch or it pulls me in quick.

Anyway, OT. Django Unchained. Not that impressed.

Sweet Girl
Jolt
Gunpowder Milkshake
Wolves
The Suicide Squad

The Hateful Eight - proving once again Tarantino should have stopped after Reservoir Dogs (no, I haven't seen Pulp Fiction, no, I don't want to), or just not be allowed to make westerns. (Tim Roth doing a Cockney accent was sadly not enough to save the film, but it did tickle me pink.)

There Will Be Blood - there will be confusion. I had to watch it in three sittings. It dragged horrendously and made no sense but oooooh won awards oOoOO it's a classic. Bollocks.

The Ritual - standard horror movie but the creature/monster work is godly for this day and age which focuses on fakey CGI that ends up looking weird amongst natural settings.

Freaky (2020) - absolutely hated it. I thought it was a neat idea but there's a perverted and condescending tone to these "older comedic actors playing a 'stupid teenage girl' body switch" movies. I couldn't shake the impression that Vaughn thought this was an easy gig because he thinks young women act dumb. Which is fine, whatever, it's a comedy; expectations are generally low for quality acting. I just think it would have been at least a little bit funny if he'd brought any amount of honesty or respect to the role.

28 Days Later! I still stand by the fact the subpar camera quality actually made it better and contributed to the overall tone of the movie.

Raya and the Last Dragon.
Wasn't thrilled. Kind of a Southeast Asian retelling of the Lat Unicorn, but not as good. Sisu annoyed the ever-living crap out of me. It was painfully predictable, even by Disney standards.

Fifth anniversary of the amazing anime film 'Kimi no Nawa' or Your Name, so I had to give it another watch today!

Last movie? I’ve literally been watching Howl’s Moving Castle like 3/4 times a week because it makes my heart soar. Lol ❤️

Reminiscence. I kind of wish they told did a story more about the state of the world than what the actual story was. Wasn't bad but not great.

28 Weeks Later, and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017). Watched the latter with my parents, and even though my father initially protested, we sat down and got through it. All three of us ended up loving it in the end. The twist mid-way through it involving Woody Harrelson's character surprised me, too.

Bird Box - it's just The Happening for people (not me, because I liked it) who complained about The Happening.

70020728.jpg

Ah, I never watched it with the English dub and Cantonese subtitles. Ugh, even more hilarious.

Just finished watching the 2013 version of Romeo and Juliet :p

I don't know if I'd give it a thumbs down; it wasn't the best movie ever made but it served its purpose in distracting me from boredom :D

Back
Top Bottom