Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Yesterday I started with Valerian and city of thousands planet. For second time. First time was year ago I think and itcrea really catch my eye. Really hoping for second part, even with that slimy main character Dane 😅

I went and saw Child's Play.
I have some thoughts.
I think all together it was a decently entertaining slasher flick. Though with it's AI gimmick it kinda felt like an episode of Black Mirror. Also kinda hated how despite 99% of the movie uses Practical Effects, there's two shots of a CG Chucky and they look... not great.
Outside of that, I liked the actors, I thought the kills were pretty creative.
I'd give it a higher rating, however the drama that happened behind the scenes has definitely soured my opinion abit.

Basically when the studio approached Don Mancini (dude who created the series and has worked on every single movie in usually directing or writing) and asked if he would want to do a reboot of the series. Don said "No thank you, we've been doing our own straight to DVD stuff with the franchise (by the way Cult and Curse of Chucky are great flicks)", and the studio went "Alright fuck you then we doing it anyway."

In theaters, it was Godzilla. Which was pretty epic by the way. The new Lion King looks really cool too. I'm all for realistic looking animals!

You mean cgi. If they used realistic animals, it would be a documentary movie.
I think cgi is what Versiian was referring too. I believe the keyword here was 'realistic looking'.

On that note, I have yet to see it, but am looking forward to it.

Most recently watched: The Shape of Water

Back
Top Bottom