Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

xWickedBlackLace said:
darkangel76 said:
i wanna see nightmare on elm street!!!! WAAAAH!

and hells yeah. to wong fu = <3
it just does. XD

To Wong Fu was soooo goooddd!!!! xD I love me some drag queens.
indeed! and john leguizamo is a realllllllly pretty girl. seriously... it's not even remotely fair. XD

Ironman 2, thanks to my 19 year old sis who happens to like action and horror movies woke me up early to see a noon showing after a 12 hour shift. Loves my sis but damn if she can't wait 4 more hours lololol. At least I trained her in the movie arts to enjoy them with a guy. How many women can enjoy a good pumleing or laugh at some chick swimming in a hallway of blood??

Shashuko said:
IHow many women can enjoy a good pumleing or laugh at some chick swimming in a hallway of blood??

Quite a few. Apparently, women are capable at laughing at things other than romantic comedies. They're also common on the interwebz, too. It's crazy.

And my last movie was Watchmen. Before that, it was Aliens Vs Monsters. My dad and I are apparently incapable of escaping the glow of shiny CG.

Shashuko said:
Ironman 2, thanks to my 19 year old sis who happens to like action and horror movies woke me up early to see a noon showing after a 12 hour shift. Loves my sis but damn if she can't wait 4 more hours lololol. At least I trained her in the movie arts to enjoy them with a guy. How many women can enjoy a good pumleing or laugh at some chick swimming in a hallway of blood??
*raises hand*
hmph... and i didn't need a brother to train me either! lol! =P

darkangel76 said:
Shashuko said:
*raises hand*
hmph... and i didn't need a brother to train me either! lol! =P
Naw I think your man did that lol......as for monsters vs. Aleans, B.O.B. has to be the best character ever.

darkangel76 said:
funny that my man is the one who likes the romantic comedies. he hates horror. i typically have to drag him. =/
Your not kidding? That's messed up that's like seeing a cat chassing a dog...I guess its possable. Well then I appologize for those ausome ladies out there who should watch the next Predator movie and laugh at the poor basterd that get painted with those tri lazors oll over his body. And for those guy who don't like a good horror flicks I. Laugh bwahahahah. What lady here wants to chill with me and watch old classic flicks?

Come to think of it I wanted to see Wolfman one more time.

Well, as a girl I've never been into the romantic shit. I have an adventurer's soul. I like action. I'm not a fan of horror but I can laugh at it sometimes. I don't mind gore and stuff, but I'm not particularly interested in the stories. There's something about me that might not be enough of a believer to get scared or get into the creepiness of the stories. I like fiction, sci-fi, fantasy and yeah, action over all, be it in suspense or modern or whatever kind of movies.

I like movies with an artistic side, or some that are more psychological but interesting (with a story that evolves somehow). I love experimental too.

Nobody has shaped me or told me what I should love or whatever. When I was a kid, the only thing I enjoyed doing with my Barbie was making her explore the room and tying ropes all over the place and making her go like Indiana Jones or something. Tea cups and horses were not for me >.< I much more preferred playing with small cars and building roads all over the place down to the basement with loops and shits. Oh, and dinosaurs too, those rocked my world.

Then again, I've talked to coworkers at some places who told me I was more a guy than they were, interests and hobbies-wise >.>

Vespers, watch action movies with me! Jackie Chan! JCVD! Old Ahnuhld! Jason Statham! Jet Li! We'll pop in Six String Samurai and rock out, or we'll Brit it up with Hot Fuzz! Desperado! Silverado! Mortal Kombat! Hellboy (animated or live action)! I'll order up Shoot Em Up on the Netflix a couple days before you come over! Or we can see what's on the instantview!

<strikes a kung fu pose, waits for Vespers to come over and back him up on the other side, like in the posters>

Mr Master said:
Vespers, watch action movies with me! Jackie Chan! JCVD! Old Ahnuhld! Jason Statham! Jet Li! We'll pop in Six String Samurai and rock out, or we'll Brit it up with Hot Fuzz! Desperado! Silverado! Mortal Kombat! Hellboy (animated or live action)! I'll order up Shoot Em Up on the Netflix a couple days before you come over! Or we can see what's on the instantview!

<strikes a kung fu pose, waits for Vespers to come over and back him up on the other side, like in the posters>

Hahahahah XD

*does a respectable kung fu pose* (Hey, I've done more martial arts than you can possibly name :p Not that I've done them long enough to be good but XD)

Sure thing! I've already watched a few that you mentioned, but that would be awesome X3! You'd still have a lot of things to show me! I really miss watching movies ^^ I have a projector and a screen, it's awesome for gaming and movies :3 Unfortunately I moved and I need help to put it back on and I haven't had any yet... so I can't watch anything >.< (No, I don't have a TV :p)

Shashuko said:
darkangel76 said:
funny that my man is the one who likes the romantic comedies. he hates horror. i typically have to drag him. =/
Your not kidding? That's messed up that's like seeing a cat chassing a dog...I guess its possable. Well then I appologize for those ausome ladies out there who should watch the next Predator movie and laugh at the poor basterd that get painted with those tri lazors oll over his body. And for those guy who don't like a good horror flicks I. Laugh bwahahahah. What lady here wants to chill with me and watch old classic flicks?

Come to think of it I wanted to see Wolfman one more time.
nope. i'm definitely not kidding. we're odd that way. luckily, he's a fan of action flicks. tho not in the same way as me. he likes the romantic comedies, the silly comedies, comedies in general, war movies (which are sometimes ok) the most. some action and scifi. but that's where it ends. ah well. he's not a fan of horror or comic adaptations, etc. it's rather sad. often times i go to the movies alone.

and yes. horror FTW! from classics to thrillers. sadly, there are a lot of bad horror flicks out there too. there are a bunch i still want to see as the last great horror flick i saw in the theaters was grindhouse. god that was awesomeness.

Vespers said:
Hey, I've done more martial arts than you can possibly name :p
Unless you're talking about specific schools (in which case it would be impossible to know the names of each school), I think you underestimate how many types of martial arts I am aware of.

There's more than just karate and wu shu kung fu, there's straight-up ninjitsu, capoiera, savate, jujitsu, judo, aikido, akijutsu, wing chun kung fu, tae kwon do, shaolin animal styles of kung fu, hapkido, krav maga, kali, tai chi chuan, aam ka jitsu, and more and more, and then we got made up stuff like ambojitsu and sinanju and kailindo and Do. And that's just mostly unarmed styles: kendo and kenjitsu are different varations on Japanese sword studies, for example. Different variations (such as Atemi Ryu Jujitsu, which I studied a while) are schools under the more general art.

So, what HAVE you studied, then? Or is that not so much for a movie thread? :p

Mr Master said:
Vespers said:
Hey, I've done more martial arts than you can possibly name :p
Unless you're talking about specific schools (in which case it would be impossible to know the names of each school), I think you underestimate how many types of martial arts I am aware of.

There's more than just karate and wu shu kung fu, there's straight-up ninjitsu, capoiera, savate, jujitsu, judo, aikido, akijutsu, wing chun kung fu, tae kwon do, shaolin animal styles of kung fu, hapkido, krav maga, kali, tai chi chuan, aam ka jitsu, and more and more, and then we got made up stuff like ambojitsu and sinanju and kailindo and Do. And that's just mostly unarmed styles: kendo and kenjitsu are different varations on Japanese sword studies, for example. Different variations (such as Atemi Ryu Jujitsu, which I studied a while) are schools under the more general art.

So, what HAVE you studied, then? Or is that not so much for a movie thread? :p

XD alright, alright. Saying so much makes me look very bad then :/ I haven't done that much. I've practiced one year of Shaolin White Crane Kung Fu at the age of 8-9 years old. After that, I can't remember the years XD Practiced aikibudo and kobudo together. Then practiced tai chi and qi gong, if that counts as martial arts. Then I practiced Hung Gar Kung Fu which had quite a few animal styles. Their main ones where I practiced were tiger, crane, leopard, snake and dragon. But I've seen people practice mantis, monkey and drunken fist too, maybe others. They also have weapon and sparring, which I haven't tried. There, I know that's not much v_v

To be fair, it's more different styles than I've actually practiced, albeit not more than I know. But yes, that's actually pretty cool. You'd have probably liked "The Quest," the JCVD movie I watched a few weeks ago, as there's this part where they have a "best in the world" martial arts competition, which includes sumo and muay thai and capoiera and a number of others. They didn't cast actors, they found martial artists to show off the styles. It was neat! (oh, note to self: include "Ong Bak" and "Chocolate" to the list of martial arts movies -- also "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer" for laughs).

Mr Master said:
To be fair, it's more different styles than I've actually practiced, albeit not more than I know. But yes, that's actually pretty cool. You'd have probably liked "The Quest," the JCVD movie I watched a few weeks ago, as there's this part where they have a "best in the world" martial arts competition, which includes sumo and muay thai and capoiera and a number of others. They didn't cast actors, they found martial artists to show off the styles. It was neat! (oh, note to self: include "Ong Bak" and "Chocolate" to the list of martial arts movies -- also "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer" for laughs).

:3 I've seen JCVD, actually ^^ That part was really cool, we don't see that much often, (different styles against each other) but I think there was one fight like that in Ong Bak 1 and 2,although it was not as impressive. Them fighting with chairs and stuff. I've seen the others you've mentioned, except for Chocolate. One I liked a lot was Ip Man (or Yip Man in chinese), it's a movie about when the Japanese invade China. There's a couple of fights aikido/aikibudo VS kung fu which is pretty nice. That's also the movie that made me discover the Wing Chun style, which is awesome to see. The guy is like a wall, he keeps dodging and he can't be touched, it's wonderful. There are other kung fu styles as well, but Donnie Yen became my favorite asian actor from that point. Not that I don't like Jackie Chan and Jet Li :p

Vespers said:
Mr Master said:
:3 I've seen JCVD, actually ^^ That part was really cool, we don't see that much often, (different styles against each other) but I think there was one fight like that in Ong Bak 1 and 2,although it was not as impressive. Them fighting with chairs and stuff. I've seen the others you've mentioned, except for Chocolate. One I liked a lot was Ip Man (or Yip Man in chinese), it's a movie about when the Japanese invade China. There's a couple of fights aikido/aikibudo VS kung fu which is pretty nice. That's also the movie that made me discover the Wing Chun style, which is awesome to see. The guy is like a wall, he keeps dodging and he can't be touched, it's wonderful. There are other kung fu styles as well, but Donnie Yen became my favorite asian actor from that point. Not that I don't like Jackie Chan and Jet Li :p
Oh, man. You ought to track down the actual movie "Wing Chun," with Michelle Yeoh. Incredibly fun, and she's just awesome (as usual).

Oh yes! I like her! And I see Donnie Yen has the second role in that movie too XD Omg! Chinese people just like we love them. I gotta go see China one day. Just being able to do kung fu as a job sounds so unreal and awesome XD

darkangel76 said:
xWickedBlackLace said:
darkangel76 said:
i wanna see nightmare on elm street!!!! WAAAAH!

and hells yeah. to wong fu = <3
it just does. XD

To Wong Fu was soooo goooddd!!!! xD I love me some drag queens.
indeed! and john leguizamo is a realllllllly pretty girl. seriously... it's not even remotely fair. XD
OOOOOH~ I friggan loved that damn movie. And he does make a pretty girl. Ever seen "the pest"? He was in that...hilarious.

Anyhow my latest movie would have to be 88minutes. Gosh I love mystery suspense movies like that. And I wuv al pacino.

Back
Top Bottom