Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the colors!

There's definitely a plot seed here. lol One I want to explore (and actually just found a face claim for yesterday) but I'm finally caught up on my existing threads and know I shouldn't start more. >.> Definitely sounds like something out of ORtM...

This seems relevant to a current thread. Vaguely, at least.

Space Twins
(Link because Blue Moon) won’t let me post the image directly.)

Check out the artist here.

The first four and Sergius III, John X, and John XII aren't super shocking since it was before the Second Lateran Council. Julius III sounds like the only one whose homosexuality wasn't just political propaganda. I'm glad they remembered to include Alexander VI, though. tbh He's my favorite pope, literally the original Godfather. lol

Sadly, we didn’t go anywhere. Some unexpected and expensive car repairs ate the vacation budget, so we stayed home and played video games and went to the pool a lot. Oh, and a pretty cool Fourth of July party.

Your fun historical figure for today the utterly fabulous Henry Paget, 5th Marquess of Anglesey.

Henry Cyril Paget, 5th Marquess of Anglesey Bt, (16 June 1875 – 14 March 1905), styled Lord Paget until 1880 and Earl of Uxbridge between 1880 and 1898, and nicknamed "Toppy", was a British peer who was notable during his short life for squandering his inheritance on a lavish social life and accumulating massive debts. Regarded as the "black sheep" of the family, he was dubbed "the dancing marquess" for his habit of performing "sinuous, sexy, snake-like dances" and for his Butterfly Dancing, taken from Loie Fuller where a voluminous robe of transparent white silk would be waved like wings.

@tehlorkay posted this on Twitter. And it’s got me nailed.

how the signs procrastinate writing, a thread:

aries: telling people you’re writing a book

taurus: taking aesthetic photos of your writing space

gemini: starting a random new project when you’re on deadline for another

cancer: crying because writing is impossible

leo: instagramming 25 selfies in your most writerly outfit

virgo: making detailed spreadsheets/lists of what you’re *going* to do when you...eventually start

libra: trying (and failing) to decide which playlist to write to

scorpio: deciding which real-life-inspired character(s) to kill brutally on the page

sagittarius: wondering how long you can ignore texts and phone calls because you’re “busy writing”

capricorn: studying the market agonizing over how your (unwritten) book will do

aquarius: tweeting about social justice issues tangentially related to your book

pisces: making *more* mood boards

"Starting a random new project when you're on a deadline for another." Yeah...yeah... -.- Everything's written I just really need to get to editing the crap out of it and that's not the fun part... *picks up knitting project*

I think I may have found a poster for the arena battles in Canto Bight...

World War Fu

It looks like a gloriously stupid 70s exploitation flick.

Seen on Twitter:

[Queer Eye, Hogwarts edition]

Tan: Today we're meeting Rubeus Hagrid

Hagrid, holding dead rabbits: ‘Ello

Jonathan: YAS QUEEN! You are giving me so much sexy mountain man face, I can’t even. You can take me to the forbidden forest anytime

Seen on Twitter:

[Queer Eye, Hogwarts edition]

Tan: Today we're meeting Rubeus Hagrid

Hagrid, holding dead rabbits: ‘Ello

Jonathan: YAS QUEEN! You are giving me so much sexy mountain man face, I can’t even. You can take me to the forbidden forest anytime
I love Jonathan. He used to do these amazing Game of Thrones recaps that I looked forward to as much as (and occasionally more that) the episodes themselves.

Constance Markievicz

"I do wish your lot had the decency to shoot me," Irish rebel Constance Markievicz told her British captors, when informed that they had commuted her death sentence.

A possible Meridian Society (or Legacy, or even Caged Bird) NPC.

"Cowards, y'know. The lot of you."

"Now, Connie, is that any way to talk to your rescuer?" The man in the soldier's uniform pushed his hat away from his eyes and grinned roguishly.

"Kieran! What are you doing here?"

"Why, gettin' you out to keep fighting the good fight, obviously."

"Well what're you waiting for then? And I've told you not to call me Connie."

A sea-faring tradition possibly relevant to Only Rules...

“It was traditionally believed that women were not as physically or emotionally capable as men. Therefore, they had no place at sea. It was also observed that when women were aboard, men were prone to distraction or other vices that may take away from their duties. This, among other things, would anger the seas and doom the ship.

“Interestingly enough, there is a way to counter this effect. While having a woman on board would anger the sea, having a “naked” woman on board would calm the sea. Imagine that. This is why many vessels have a figure of a woman on the bow of the ship, this figure almost always being bare-breasted. It was believed that a woman’s bare breasts would “shame” the stormy seas into calm. Alas, the ancient power of female nudity.”

Inspired by a recent secs ene, and a thing I saw on Twitter...

[during sex]
Jenny: Hurt me.
Jack: The youngest of our grandchildren died yesterday.
Jenny: Wait. What?
Jack: She was 73.
Jenny: Please stop.

Followed by Jack's erection which for whatever reason stubbornly refuses to go away while his wife nakedly cries over little Emma and demands why he was only now telling her. Night ruined. lol

Also, re: the naked woman thing:
Jenny, on the Pearl on the way home from China: Erm, John...? *looking over at the figurehead*
Jack: Yes love?
Jenny: This...naked woman...she's very intricately carved.
Jack: Yes, well you see the men don't often get letters or pictures like you've sent me...

Back
Top Bottom