Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

||Cell Block B || -Offices & Labs-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags: Nysa, Sam (NPC)

‘Ticks,’ she thou¬ght. The only ticks Kaige ever knew about were the tiny bugs her parents would pull out of her hair after they had gone camping. ‘These doctors have ticks that let you know when they’re cranky?’ She looked back at the doctor’s door, wanting to ask more, but she didn’t. “Working in the gardens is going to be like a dream.” She wasn’t lying. Seeing the sun, actual, real plants, feeling like she was outside again was a dream she had years ago but gave up on. Now she didn’t have to. There was no need to dream it. It would be real and right there in front of her. She felt sorry for Nysa though. The woman was locked into shifts following behind the doctors here. Kaige would tolerate them long enough to obey, but she couldn’t imagine following them around.

They stepped into the elevator, and once more Kaige had to ready herself for the trip. It would only take seconds, but being inside an elevator was still so very new to her. Nysa was an interesting sort. ‘Soak in the silence for a second,’ she thought raising an eyebrow. She was still giving Nysa the strange look when she confessed it was only a joke. Shaking her head, Kaige looked forward at the doors.

Nysa surprised her, causing her to open her mouth wide and take a small step back as she moved in front of her. “What the….,” she began as she was forced back to the wall, but it was Nysa’s powerful kiss that silenced her. Her hands took control of her body with abandon. Kaige only needed half a second to process what was going on, and she gave in whole heartedly. She returned the kiss, her hands grabbing Nysa’s head, holding her close, not wanting her to back away. Nysa’s tongue was in her mouth. This was a dance she was learning well.¬¬ The was never any hesitation with Kaige. At any moment, those doors could open, and this could be the last time she would ever feel something like this. So she intended to seize the moment and take it for all it held.

Nysa spoke, and Kaige simply breathed, hard, against her lips. The elevator jerked to life, but Kaige didn’t even notice. With her sexy kitten so close, she wouldn’t notice anything else. Her lips moved with Nysa’s as tasted her mouth once more. Her tongue seeking out hers’ for one more dance. A groaned emanated from her throat, working its way upwards, until Kaige pulled from the kiss letting it flow from her mouth. “Oh kitten,” she breathed. “I wish you could fuck me again.”

The doors opened, and as Nysa spoke, Kaige starred at the guard standing there. Her worst fear was coming true. He cleared his throat. “Maybe you can go to her cell later tonight Nysa. Just let me know, and I’ll see what I can do about helping you two out. Alright,” he asked, his blue eyes twinkling as he smiled. “Names Sam young lady. If you need anything, just let me know.” His white hair gave away his age, and he seemed so out of place here. Kaige nodded to him. “Kaige, and actually….I don’t know where my room is. Nysa here needs to get back to work, and I got some time before my shift. So um….would you..show me..to my cell? Do you know which one is mine? If not I can find it myself. It’s not a big deal, “ she quickly added, making sure to put her walls back up. Sam only smiled. “Well then Nysa,” he said, gesturing for Kaige to leave the elevator, “You best be on your way. You don’t want to keep them waiting.” Once Kaige was out of the elevator, he pressed the button for it to go down to Cell Block B once more.

The doors closed, and he looked to Kaige. “Of course I know which room is yours’. I’m here to make sure you get to it. Follow me,” he told her, his voice warm. “If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll do what I can. Oh and, you never have to worry about me hurting you in any way. I hate that,” he said, shaking his head slightly. “Makes me sick what some of these people do around here. Not even human some of them.” Kaige giggled. “A lot of us aren’t human around here. Didn’t you know that?” He looked over to her. “Yeah. I know.” He stopped at her cell, and opened the door for her. Kaige took note of his key card. “Can’t get anywhere without that,” she asked, pointing to it. “No. You really can’t.”
“You’ve been here a while?”
“Yes young lady. I have. Been here since the place opened.”
“Then you know the Count Nox and his wife?” He gave her a curious look.
“How do you know about them?”
“We all got have some secrets Sam.” Her eyes rested on his pack of cigarettes. “Can I bum a smoke? Never tried one. Tried drinking today. It sucked. So why not?”
Sam grinned. “Okay. One smoke for one answer. How do you know the Count,” he asked handing her the cigarette. “Here is my lighter,” he said handing it to her with his other hand.
“Don’t need it,” she said smiling. “How do I know the Count? That Sam is a long story.”

[Departing and ending up in Cell Block A]

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Returning to Block B
Tags:Rupi

Nysa returned downstairs, a pout on her pretty lips for having to leave Red. That girl was addicting. Remembering her instructions, Nysa pranced down the hall to Rupi's office, but of course with the doctor gone it was locked and unable to access. And the only way in was a key card, not something Nysa would ever have. Leaning her back against the wall beside the door she slid down, crossing her legs and settling in. She was still topless, but her hair fell in curly locks down over her breasts, and none of the guards could complain about the view. Nysa was sure Dr. Vera would force some clothing on her before they left, so she enjoyed the freeness of being topless while it lasted, leaning back into the wall as she closed her eyes and waited.

Name: Rupinder "Rupi" Vera
Tag: Kaige, Nysa.

Rupi felt more irritation cross her features when Nysa called her cranky. Anyone who was probably not sharing in Nysa’s unlimited joy would be cranky, Rupi guessed. “Candice.” Rupi corrected the siren. “And you better not be teaching your slothfulness towards the rules to Kaige as well. Do not call her that to the Head Director’s face. Now behave yourself and go.” Rupi sternly told the siren, before flashing a smile at Kaige’s more polite farewell. “Good day, Kaige.” She simply replied to her. She wasn’t going to relay any of these messages, jokes or not.

When they were gone out the door, Rupi sighed and put the wine away. Those two women…Rupi could not help them. She wanted to restrain their carefree and outgoing personalities yet at the same time couldn’t bring herself to squash such radiant beacons of light in such a dark place as the Institution. Some other doctor would have to do that. And it would be a sad day indeed when it happened. But Rupi could not and would not do anything. She had other work to do. And if she succeeded, things would be different around here. Hopefully.

She waited a few minutes before she left as well, rapid firing a short email to Candice request an immediate and urgent meeting about her recent memo about the leadership changes. Then she rose and marched out of her office with a purpose, heels clicking as she made her way back to the doors that led to the central Block B area.

[Depart to Cell Block A]​

Tag: Gregor, Jaime​

Gregor swept into the lab, looking at Jaime who was checking a test result.
"Anythign to report?" Greogr asked.
"Yes. This is...brain tissue? Well, close enough to it anyway. I used some of the stem cell supplies we have on hand to expand the tissue, gave me a little more to work with, and it's still growing right now. But...it has a strange reaction to seratonin. It...chuts off. So if a person with this tissue were to have a mixture of seratonin, and tissue like this to make it bind to cells, you could supporess the workings of the tissue for while." Jaime explained. Gregor grinned wolfishly.
"Perfect. Capital work Dr. Corbin. Come with me, let the tests run. We've another patient to see today!" Gregor rounded and left the room, leaving Jaime to jog after him. Gregor seemed to be in an excellent mood. That was a mixed bag to say the least.

They moved through the halls until they were passing an office, this one with...of all thigns, a topless woman leaning by the walls. Jaime swallowed, fighting the urge to turn away from her. Gregor being there meant he didn't have that luxury, and looked away.
"You, woman. What is your name?" Gregor asked of her, checking his notes.

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

outside Rupi's Office
Tags: Gregor, Jamie

Nysa was picking at her nails when the sound of shoes rounded down the hall. Looking up she turned her head and tilted it, seeing two men walking with purpose towards her. It wasn't until they got closer she realized they were new faces, and both seemed to be staring at her topless body, one seeming more frazzled about it than the other.

When the gruffer looking one addressed her she uncurled her legs and did a kick up to get to her feet, her hair falling back as she did so her breasts were expose, pointing high at the ceiling until she was on her feet. Her hair settled then, hiding her nipples once more.

"Well hello boys," she purred with a smile, "I don't believe I've seen you two around. Let me guess...new? No need to tell me, I've been here for five years sugar, you're new. Name's Nysali. Oops...what is it again? ND...6667. That's it."

She jutted out her hip and rested a hand on it, cocking her head in a sassy manner as she turned to look at each man in turn, "And what's your names?"

Tag: Gregor, Jaime, Nysa​

Gregor remained impassive as She spoke, though at the back of him mind, he felt a faint tremor, something there that appealed on a very simple, primal level. He pushed that useless thought aside, adn checked his notes. He nodded,a dn Jaime stepped up before Gregor managed to spoil what goodwill they might have.
"I'm Dr. Corbin, and this is Dr. Gregor. Yes, we're new here, and we're looking to get a few tests done. Make sure that we're up to date with all of the patients here." Jaime explained, looking her resolutely in the eye, glad of her hair covering the most distracting bits of her, but he still had to put a huge effort not to flick his eyes down.

"You are on the list for the day. So if you'll just follow us down the hall here...?" Gregor asked, deciding to let Jaime play it his way for the moment. The less they had to get security involved, the better.

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Outside Rupi’s Office
Tags: Gregor, Corbin

"Well aren't you polite handsome," she winked at Dr. Corbin, siding up to him before looking over at Dr. Gregor who was speaking, her hair rising and playing with Dr. Corbin's tie. She straightened it before giving him another mischievous grin and a wink, then gave her whole attention to Dr. Gregor.

"So I'm on the list?" she purred, giving him a white toothed grin, "Not surprised, all of you want a piece of the beautiful siren."

She rose her hands and twirled once, then bowed, "I can't blame you. Lead on boys, I'll follow."

At Nysa's comment about a piece of the Siren, he bit back a response that came to mind. Something about her seemed to inspire a little bit of flippancy. But he remained quiet, and turned to lead her along.

Jaime had a hard time not staring at her dumbfounded as she twirled and bowed, the momentum doing simply fascinating things with her hair, and all that else might be implied. There was a flash of the bare flesh he was trying to not stare at, adn he looked away quickly, standing behind her, putting her between himself and Gregor. It was a standard practice with patients really. If she went for either of them, they would be in a position to help the other.

The trip wasn't far, and didn't have much in the way of incident. The room was a larger room, examination table with restraints, all the standard thihngs. And a small team of other doctors. Some of them were moving a portable MRI machine around, ready to make use of it.
"Um...would you like a shirt miss?" Jaime asked, but Gregor cut him off.
"Don't bother, we'd only be getting her out of it shortly anyway." Gregor point out. "ND6667, please lie down on the table. We're going to use the MRI on you and see what we can learn about you." Gregor informed her.

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Outside Rupi’s Office
Tags: Gregor

Nysa followed them into a lab, not surprised by anything she saw. Cut and copy. The siren was used to these. As Dr. Corbin tried to offer her a shirt she wrinkled her nose, saved by Dr. Gregor who said it was unneeded.

"Damn rights I'll stay topless," she giggled, jumping onto the table and lying down, "MRI huh? Haven't had one of these scans since I was admitted. You're not pulling any stops here Dr. Gregor."

"Poke away sugar, I don't bite. Unless you ask me too." she giggled, lying still on the cold table that bit into her skin, "Brrr cold metal. What did you do? Freeze it boys. Just wanted to see my nipples harden, didn't you?"

And they had, rising hard and cold for display, her hair having fallen away when she lied down to frame her face.

Tag: Gregor, Jaime, Nysa

Jaime felt heat coming to his face as she spoke, adn lay on the table. He walked to the read out that would be displaying what the MRI found, getting a little distance between himself and Nysa. She was...distracting. Very distracting. The staff did set the machine up, and turn it on.
"Oh don't worry about pulling stops. This is just our preliminary." Gregor said with a smile. He noted several of the menn on staff were taking long lingering gazes on Nysa, and he cleared his throat audibly. They shook themselves, adn got back to the task at hand, firing up the machine. "Just make sure you lie still." Gregor brought the machine up, having hte scanner over her neck. He looked over at Jaime, who nodded.

The MRI was not a fast machine, but it worked well, and Jaime could see what they had been looking for. Nysa's vocal structure was completely different, possessing an entirely different set of vocal chords in addition to the ones that normal humans possessed. This might be the source of her persuasive voice. The process took close to an hour, but then Gregor shut down the machine, and let the staff wheel it away.

"Jaime. There's a whole slew of new tissue samples that need analysis, as well as that MRI data. Get started on it." Gregor ordered. Jaime nodded, and hesitated, looking at Nysa, knowing that his being sent away wasn't good for her. She seemed such a happy thing, a pretty thing. Gregor wasn't going to be nice to her, but he knew that staying would likely only make it worse. He gave a small wave farewell to her, and beat a retreat.

"Now then." Gregor said with a smile, and took one of Nysa's arms gently in his hand, fed her wrist into a restraint, and tightened it. He repeat the gesture as a staff member quickly gave her an injection. It was a mild anesthetic, just something to take the edge off, make Nysa a little light headed and woudl leave her skin tingly lightly. Gregor lifted a large biopsy needle, testing it where Nysa could see. "Let's begin."

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Examination Room

Nysa had to sit still for almost an hour in the MRI machine, trying her past to stay still and not talk. In the end she couldn't do it, and wiggled her toes to keep from figeting, making little patterns back and forth to keep her mind occupied. When the machine finally shut down and they pulled her out she sighed in relief, raising her arms to stretch.

"Trying to kill me with boredom are we?" she purred, smiling, "The Board wouldn't like if I died boys. Look in my notes, I'm a special case."

it was true. She had gotten a peak at her files once and seen the stamp. It simply meant she was a rarity, a singular patient that was exempt from execution unless the Board granted otherwise. Not that boredom would really kill her, but she could tease. Her mind shifted though as Dr. Corbin left, leaving Dr. Gregor behind as he started to strap her in.

"Don't forget the ankles," she giggled, stretching against the restraints, "Ooooh, your one of the rough types aren't you? Baby, I've dealt with all types - hey, ow!"

Her eyes turned on the doctor who had injected her, giving her no warning, "I hope you're gentler with your wife," she raised an eyebrow, catching the wedding band on his finger, "There's rough doc, and then there is stupid."

Her eyes turned back to Dr. Gregor as the drug began to set in, making her smile sluggishly, her skin tingling, "Oooh anesthetic. Hope its a heavy dose sugar, I burn through that stuff quick."

Gregor smiled, but there was no mirth in that smile. It was the look of a well fed predator.
"Oh, well, that might be shame indeed." He lamented, looking to see that her ankles had indeed been secured by the staff. He cocked his head, examining Nysa, judging her size, her weight, the depth and location of her organs. He found a guide system, setting it to depth so that he didn't have to worry about the depth that he went with the biopsy needle. He stepped over to Beside Nysa, smiled down at her.

And then he rammed the large needle directly into her skin. He pulled back, the biopsy needle ripping out a piece of flesh from where he'd stabbed, and he withdrew it without preamble.
"Left kidney." He said flatly as a staff took the needle from him, and handed him another. He leaned foreward, and rammed the new needle into her again. "Right kidney." He handed it off, looking at the readout that ehy had, noting that Nysa had been right. The anasthetic was being metabolized at an incredible rate. He had no patience for another dose however.

Another needle, another graceless and ruthless puncture of her flesh.
"Intestinal tract." The next needle was already in his hand as he handed the old off. He impaled Nysa on the newest one, ripping out more of her body. "Liver." He reached for another needle, moving higher up. No one was looking to do anything about the point of blood welling up on Nysa's pale skin, the wounds not wide, but deep.

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Examination Room

The first one surprised her and tickled, the aneasthetic still active. The second burned a bit more and she let out a tiny squeal, then bit her tongue, her eyes squinting a little at the pain. By the third needle her first wound had stopped stinging, the blood on her skin hiding that the cut had started to heal, her flesh still open, but the tissues inside sewing back together.

"You really are a rough one, aren't you doc?" she raised an eyebrow, lifting her chin as Dr. Gregor aimed higher, her eyes on his face, "Got to commend you though, haven't had a man thrust this hard and vigorous into me in a while."

She giggled at her joke between stabs, his next needle ramming in towards her liver making her breath come out in a large whoosh, "I'm guessing most of your patients scream by now, don't they sugar? Do you get a hard on listening to thoe screams? Is that what gets you going baby? I'll scream if you wish, but you won't like it."

Her smile turned into a devilish grin, her hands clenched as fists as she hid the pain, refusing to give in to any of these damn doctors. It would heal, and she kept telling herself that. Everything was temporary. Her perfect skin was covered in blood and tiny holes now, although most had begun to heal now. Still the blood masked her healing, and until she was cleaned down, no one would notice. Nysali didn't voice any of this, leaving it to the doctor to figure it out himself.

"Bodies 100% human," she purred, speaking between needles again, "Trust me, your tests won't show anything. I'm 100% woman baby."

Tag: Gregor, Nysa​

Gregor had to wonder as he moved along with his work. She was a cheeky thing, to be certain, but there was still far more to come for this. He ran a finger along ehr skin, plotting his location, before driving the needle into her chest, the guide not perfect this time, going deeper. Still, he ripped out a good tissue sample, a better one than previously, so he adjusted the guide accordingly to stay that deep.
"Right lung." He said as he passed it off, and repeated the hard punch into her other side. "Left lung." Cheeky she might be, he had no doubt that after this was finished, there would be a few things that they did today that she might not bbe as cheeky over.

Gregor lifted the next needle, aiming for her side, not the front of her. As he shoved it home, he pulled it free, the dark tissue on it very indicative.
"Heart." He reported. There was a light flashing on the display. The depth hadn't been perfect, and she was bleeding internally. Not badly, but enough to register in the system. Gregor ignored it. "Prep her mouth, get it open." As the team came in to force a rig inot her mouth, forcing it wide for Gregor. "From what I've read this slut shouldn't have any trouble with something in her throat." Gregor had a long swap on a flexible stick. He fed it into her mouth with no further preamble. There was a tiny fiber-optic camera on the unit, letting him see where he was going, and he pressed on until he saw what he needed. It was a quick swap of the area around her vocal chords, not enough to strain them, but enough to have basic samples. He withdrew the swap, and handed it off. The unit was removed from her mouth. Her throat would likely be sore, and it might be a bit harder to talk for a time, butu she wasn't unduly damaged.

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Examination Room
Tags: Gregor

Nysa had to remain sassy. She clung to it like an armour, knowing if she let it drop then she'd hyper focus on the painful stabs. They only stung after he pulled out, and were healing nicely, but it was those few seconds of pain that nagged at her, trying to upset her. Youve felt worse, she reminded herself, you've made it through plenty of torture intact. Don't bend for this fucker.

Next he stabbed her in the heart and she had to grind her teeth to keep from whimpering, this one hurting worse than others. As he pulled out she could feel the pain lasting and knew he had fucked something up. His strikes to her lungs had made breathing a little hard, and now her heart was actually bleeding.

"You wound me," she teased, a note of annoyance lanced under the bubbly tone in her voice, "your quite the...heartbreaker doc."

She smiled at her own joke, resting her head on the table and closing her eyes. Nysa had to focus on keeping her breathing calm even as the pain lanched through her heart. If she panicked, everything would become much...much worse.

His comments about her throat made her open her mouth wide, as if beckoning him in. Give him what he wants on your terms Nysa. Don't let him win this.

"Just that little thing," she saw the swab and giggled, "Oh baby, I've handled much bigger than you."

The doctors inserted the ring in her mouth and a flashback to her night before with Dr. Arellano swam in her mind, in quite a familiar position. Well except she was upside down. And her legs were soread wide for penetration. It brought a smile to her stretched lips; it had indeed been a fun, if not slightly frustrating session. Her mind returned to her present company as his swab entered her throat, Nysa still focusing on calm, slow breaths. Her skin was blotched with drying blood now, but some of the incisions had already healed. Even her lungs had begun sewing back together, making her breathing easier as the pain in her heart continued, the bleeding not ceasing yet.

Nysali did her best not to squirm or speak as he swabbed her vocal cords, highly aware of what the swab was touching. as he pulled out she internally sighed in relief. If he had been rough, or if she had wiggled her vocal cords could have been damaged. And while the goons of this institute, including this man, knew nothing about the siren, she knew damaging her vocals would be lethal. Besides Elijah, no one knew she needed to use her powers to live. Without her singing or daily games with the staff the siren would wither away. And she wasn't about to do that to herself.

"Got your sample?" She asked happily, her voice slightly hoarse but it was already fading. It sounded weird to her ears, her voice so rarely coming out as anything other than perfect. Her eyes stayed calm and welcoming, giving this doctor no satisfaction as she struggled through the pain internally. Her body was working as fast as it could to heal her but it had only just finished healing the kidney incisions. Sure she healed quickly, but she was no wolverine. Luckily her body could work on multiple wounds at once and she could feel the pain in her heart ebbing, thankfully.

Name: Rufio Arellano
Tag: Danielle.

[Arriving from Cell Block C – post #338]

Rufio reached his office and opened the door with a sigh. That thrice damnable Rupinder Vera always had to interfere on his fun. The wolf girl was an easy test, another mark on his success tally once he made her quite docile. She was already showing signs, physically at least if not mentally. But that would soon be overcome, as Rufio already had a certain drug formula in mind for her. And once treatment started, the wolf would never be the same. He would alter her into a meek little object, content with her use as research and experimentation. And then she could be enjoyed in other ways.

Rufio flicked on the lights…and faltered. His office….was this his office?

The desk was…destroyed, papers and supplies scattered on the ground. His counters and cabinets, opened and rummaged. His closet full of spare shirts and suits was open as well and his eyes at once set on the single hanger dangling from the bar. Someone had taken something. Someone had been here. He sniffed several times and caught a familiar yet unrecognizable scent in the air. A fierce snarl came over his lips at the insult. Who had been in here? He strode to the desk and saw strange markings on it. Rufio picked at it with his fingers, before noticing something in the trash. A burned shirt, which would explain why someone took one of his.

And there was only one person in this shithole that used fire. That bitch is dead. But there were two people here. Who else?

He moved behind his desk and simply sat, lording silently over the mess that used to be his pristine and organized office. When had this happened? Slowly he began to fix and readjust a few certain things. His computer was first, rewiring it back up and booting it. A few pencils and his stapler, his file organizer, and other knick knacks were next before the computer was loaded. Quickly he signed in and snapped off a quick memo, angry and impatient. He saw that the wolf’s assigned nurse was Daniella Coleman, apart of the psych department. One of Dr. Vera’s creatures, no doubt. He already regulated the nurse as bitch in his mind, despite never having met her.

It was to her that he issued the next order, not caring if the woman was due for the end of her shift soon. An order was sent to inject Natalya with a shot of haloperidol, an anti-aggression drug, along with some other reactants mixed into a formula. He made sure it was top priority. Then, leaning back, Rufio folded his hands over his lap and gazed at the mess of his office, now seeming unphased and casual about it. Someone else is going to pay for this and the bitch won’t like it one bit…

But that was for another time. For now, Rufio had work to do. Candice had guaranteed the funds to put together his experimental drug for that bitch. Though he didn't have it yet, there was no reason he couldn't get started. Rufio, who once used to leave the moment his shift was over, began to stay overtime to begin researching and testing the drug he had in store...

It was just after midnight when he finally retired, but he felt strongly he had made very good progress on it. In the morning, it would be put to the test.

caba28DEA60400000578-0-image-a-1_1432071187749.jpg

Staff Room
Tags: Rufio

Daniella was in the staff room when her phone buzzed with the email. She was pulling a twenty four hour shift today, and had just gotten into her third cup of coffee for the day when she picked up her phone and saw the message. I'm with the Psych Department you dick, she thought, knowing Dr. Arellano's reputation and having met him a few times while helping Dr. Vera, the nurse wasn't keen on him. Sighing, she drained her coffee and got up, catching a few glances from other nurses trying to relax.

"I got to go drug up a patient," she sighed, getting a few murmurs of "good luck" and "be careful". Stepping out into the hall she made her way to the medicinal division of the hall and used her key card to get into thier medicinal room, which was more like a large step in closet full of shelves with various ingredients and medicines, as well as needles, bandages, and assorted other medical supplies. She grabbed a small empty kit and stuff the drug he had prescribed, two needles, three bandages, gauze, and tape. The second needle was only a precaution, as most patients broke the first. Closing up, she sighed and then heard another ping in her phone, this time an email from Dr. Vera asking her to give a quick wash down and then a bottle of water and some food to the exact same patient.

"Figures," she sighed, her stomach nodding at reading Dr. Vera's name, "At least its the same patient."

With that she knew to head upstairs first, grabbing a prepackaged meal from Block A's cafeteria then heading down to Block C, knowing the rest of the supplies would be there.

[Departing to Block C]

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Board of Directors Office
Tags: Open

Every day it was something new. Not enough funding, broken equipment, or in this case, people calling in sick. And not just anyone, but one Dr. Cecily. And worst of all they were suppose to launch a project today at noon, with Dr. Cecily at the head. But now Candice would have to run it, due to the doctor being in the hospital with some kind of flu. Great...just great.

Between her and Miller they had already visited at least half the staff, firing many, promoting others. Candice had sent out an email to the remaining staff that night about who was let go, as well as a reminder to all doctors to meet in the Amphitheater at noon for a special announcement. Dr. Vera probably thought it was about her, but in fact it had nothing to do with the newly appointed Head of Staff. Just to spite her Candice had thrown an email out after Dr. Vera's promotion to tell all, making it unceremonious. Anything to chip at that smug smile of Rupi's. Now the Board Member was sending another email out attached to the first, pushing the meeting to three pm. That would give her enough time to go over all Cecily's work and deem the Pen usable. And if it isn't then the scientist might as well be fired and I'll hire monkeys in her place. Maybe they could do a damn better job!

She was in a mood, and it was easy to tell with the cold anger in her eyes. Yesterday had been long, exhausting, and full of unfortunate twists. And today seemed to be no better.

Luckily Miller wasn't around to aggravate her more. Since she had to head the project, he had to finish reevaluations. They had been up past midnight the night before, comparing notes and deciding what to do with each staff member, so that Miller could breeze through them. If they were lucky it be done by tonight and tomorrow morning Candice could board a plane and be out of this hellhole. Let the new appointed Head of Staff take on the Pen Project. Maybe if she got overwhelmed with work she wouldn't be so cocky as to think she could handle the job.

A email popped up on her screen and Candice pulled it up, sipping her coffee in a vain attempt to wake her up, or at least make her less bitter. The email was from one of the men on the Board, specifically one of the three Board Directors, the other two consisting of Candice herself, and the infamous Mr. Nox. It seemed there was a list of new hires on their way, mostly nurses to fill positions, and a couple security guards from Black Hand for the low numbers. There were two that did catch her eye though. They had finally found Dr. Wells replacement, a new Head of Medicine named Dr. Fall. That wouldn't go over well with Dr. Arellano but Candice knew Rufio could handle himself, from first hand experience. From his profile he reminded Candice a lot of Dr. Wells except he hopefully wouldn't complain as much. It was Dr. Wells constant grumbling that had eventually received him a termination notice. If this man wanted to keep his job he'd simply hold his tongue and do his job. And not get in the way of his Departments work like Dr. Wells constantly did to Rufio. I'm sure he won't be a problem though, by the looks of it he likes to play his roles in the background, out of the spotlight.

The second doctor hired interested her more though. Dr. Mackenzie Z. Danvers. PhD's in English and History, and a minor in Religion too. By her education alone she didn't seem like a fit for Eternal Peaks, but in the notes underneath it explained her fascination with the supernatural world, myths and legends, and her vast knowledge of her history. She was a walking Encyclopedia for the Institute, able to rant off facts for many different species. Candice assumed most of these facts were probably false until she tested them here, but it explained why she had been hired. If this woman was interested in the beings and how they came to be and survived, she'd be useful for other Departments when they needed facts on a particular species. She really would be a handy tool, if nothing else. Candice made a note to find her when she arrived and welcome her, then fired off an email to all staff, welcoming the new additions and asking everyone to do the same. Candice had no idea what this woman looked or acted like, but a guess would say a mousey librarian type, with her nose stuck in books and her own looks poorly managed. She had no idea how wrong she was.

Tag: Gregor, Nysa, Arek​

Gregor looked at Nysa as she asked her question. He had the momentary impulse to simply open her up, see what was inside of her completely, do a full analysis. But no. He did have a few limiters on his actions, and killing potentially irreplaceable specimens to salve his own curiosity was past that line. Still, he spared a glance to the line of scalpels and other surgical equipment.
"For now. Unless you'd like to give up more...?" Gregor said with a smile, a hand idly brushing along the polished steel fo the scalpel. There was a lot in that gaze, a lot that wouldn't go well for Nysa really.

A heavily built man in a guard uniform cleared his throat.
"I'll take her from here Dr. Gregor." Arek announced. Gregor didn't let the frosty smile drop, but nodded, turning back to his gathered samples. "Miss, if you'll come with me?" He asked, holdng a hand out to bring her to him. He led her out of hte room, and towards the room she was assigned.

Hl3MmHh_zpsztwrrj47.jpg

Examination Room
Tags: Gregor, Arek

That look...that look sent chills down her spine. Nysa would never let this man know, but he did indeed instill a sense of fear in her. Fear that he would go too far, where others knew when to stop. This man looks like he could kill me without batting an eye, and he'd enjoy every painful second of it.

The straps were undone as a guard stepped in, speaking to Dr. Gregor than gesturing at her. She stood on shaky legs, masking the pain behind a clean flirty smile as she looped her arm around the guard's, "Certainly sir, I never mind following the handsome ones."

He led her, quite silently, towards her cell. Being as it was on Block A they headed towards the elevators, most of the patients on this floor asleep or trying. Their session had ended late, probably past her curfew too. Good thing she had think hulk to watch her, or the guards on Block a wouldn't be impressed with her arriving late at her cell for a second day in a row.

"Up, up and up," she giggled, pressing the elevator button as they reached it, climbing as the doors opened and pressing the sublevel 1 button, "You make a great chaperone for a lovely lady like myself. Let me guess? I get to sleep in my own blood tonight, just for kicks. Hm?"

She knew the answer was yes. They'd get to Block A and she'd be tossed in her cell and locked up till morning, uncaring of her current hygiene. Thus was the institute, cold and uncaring.

[Departing to Block A]

Examination Room
Tags: Gregor, Jaime​

Jaime made his way back to the room, not surprised to find Dr. Gregor still working down here. The man had a drive that made him work to the point of being unhealthy. That was where Jaime came in. He set coffee down, and Gregor absently lifted it for a drink.
"Jaime. Look at these cell structures, tell me what you see." Gregor ordered. Jaime sighed, but complied. It was easier.

"It's a liver. Or a piece of one." Jaime answered.
"Yes, yes, but what else?" Gregor urged. Jaime looked again. It took a moment, but he saw it this time.
"It's...it's growing. The cells are still undergoing mitosis." He said faintly. A biopsy shouldn't be doing that. He looked closer, dialling up the microscope. "And...if there's any mitosis cellular decay, it's so faint that I can't see it. Have you looked at this through the electron?" He turned to look at a grinning Gregor.
"Yes, and you're right. Perfect cellular copies. You understand what this means, don't you Jaime?"
"A person like this could heal from almost any wounds. They...they would be very nearly immortal." He said this last with a faint tone of awe.
"And now you know why we're here. THink of it Jaime! We wil be the ones that can defeat even death itself!" Jaime had to smile. It was a massive goal. But even on the lighter side, if they couldn't completely replicate this process, even a piece of the puzzle would double lifespans, maybe more. The world would change. And they would change it. Maybe this, a moment like this, was why he stayed with Gregor. A chiming went off, and Gregor went to check it.

"Blast. Security has been breached. An escapee! Pretty little thing..." Gregor trailed off as he saw Kaige's picture, his face going a shade paler.
"Dr. Gregor?" Jaime asked. "Are you all right?"
"Fine. Just fine Jaime. Just...thought I saw something. Contact security, offer them what help we can. Check the records for this girl, see if she has an abnormality like the other girl. If the serum you made would work, make sure they're well supplied." Jaime nodded, adn left at a jog. Gregor sat down, and rested his arm on a desk, his head lowered.

"You're back. And you're alive. Gods alive, what has been done to you?" He muttered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom