Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Eternal Peaks Psychiatric Institution OOC Chat

I'll have a post up in a bit. Just working through some regular RPs and clearing my plate for this. Sorry for the delay! I know you're all excited.

My confidence has multiplied dramatically since joining this role play.
Thank you, so much. The only proper way to fully detail how grateful I am would be ridiculously spammy to type out~

As for orientation? Let's say months ago, Zach was put into Block C for using his power to bind a person's ankle to their tailbone. Threatening to kill him if he didn't undo it, he told them that he was pretty much dead already, and to be careful. There is no reason to believe that his power is a product of his existance or if he is just directing forces that already exist. In short, if they kill him, that person might never return to normal. With potentially permanent bone and muscle damage on the horizon for Zach's victim, they cut Zach a deal. He releases the person, wears gloves that are electronically bound to his wrists at all times, and takes part in orienation as an example, and he can join his friends in block B again(because torturing a lifeless man with no reason to live was getting boring)?
Extended backstory, I know. But, at least this way, it makes sense to have such a wonky young man with experience of EP to be at orientation.

I just wanted to say to everyone, I'm sorry about the messiness of starting up. This is my first group RP, and I didn't expect it to explode with activity so soon, or for the amount of work needed to get it running smoothly. Thank you for everyone being patient with me, and for helping. I'm truly appreciating all your input and advise.

With that said, I was looking through DarkAngel's rules and found out we can have more than one roleplay thread. We can only have one request thread and one OOC chat, but we can have multiple roleplay threads active. Does anyone feel that might benefit us more than trying to format headers and links and such? While I still think the headers will help us differeniate whose speaking where, the linking may start to get a tad...messy. I love the idea of it...but doing it myself I'm already seeing the loopholes that could make it fall apart. Example: how do you link your other posts in a small sub-plot between, say two characters when you've written back and forth numerous times already. You can still get lost :/

And no worries BennyQ, take your time. We are still working out the kinks. Viktoff, um...I already sort of posted something about why he's taking orientation, but we can add that in. Go take a look and tell me what you think is best.

The goal with the header links is that any one portion of the sub-plot you are trying to read can take you to the first post, in chronological order, that also possesses the larger header with extended details. All you gotta do then is Read down/go to next page, ignoring or skipping posts with a different title than the Sub-plot you mean to be reading until it concludes. Bonus points for the title system? You can probably "search this thread" for the title, and with maaaaybe a setting tweak or two, have the whole sub-plot, and just that sub-plot, in chronological order!!

Don't worry about the effort and time it takes too get this sweet... Sexy group rp going. I only become more and more excited!

Curses! i had thought I was in the clear to wait till later tonight to read the IC to catch up xD You have caught me in your fuzzy bear trap. Ugh... Latex handed. (Themes ftw). I'll go read it now xD

Hey guys, I posted finally. It's a bit on the long side maybe but I hope its to your guy's standards! Let me know if there are any issues with it.

Benny, IF that wasn't above and beyond expectations IC... I am royally screwed when things really get going~ Especially if I wind up in a back and forth. Whew. Oh boy.

Sorry to force you to share a compliment, but between your posts and Bloodmoon's characters, I feel like I'm a level 1 rat that's on this level purely for aesthetics xD. Benny, your IC is just so crisp. I'm scatterbrained upon comparison for sure!

Also: Rufio and Zach should totally have a series run together. In the tests, that is. There should be lots of reasons to believe that the lack of clear theme to who and what Zach is would lend a hand to the fact that his ability as is just isn't at all tapping into a bigger picture. Like a woman patient who happens to grow wings, a theme isn't there like it is for these gorgons and demons and sirens. And through these tests, you'd eventually push this girl to transform into a swan(ugly duckling story ftw). Who knows? I actually have no serious method or plot device for people to figure he's not at his peak. Lol xD

EDIT: missed one word take made my compliment... Not a compliment. That's embarrassing xD

Edit 2: I need to reread like five times before posting... XD

Perfect post BennyQ...looks like I got some work on my hands to keep up :D

One thing I may have not expressed well enough. The main floor contains offices, as well as quarters and a cafeteria/mess hall. So, doctors can live within the institution as well so as they will not need to make the long trip home and back if they lived outside the facility. I saw Rupi lives outside, and that's perfectly fine. Perhaps she enjoys her privacy and does not want to share thin walls with other doctors. But if any of your doctors do want to, they can live in the quarters.

I'll work on a post when I can, sleep is really starting to pull at me. Orientation Day is off to a good start.

Oh and last on my agenda, I can already see one thread getting too crowded with all of us posting for different characters in different areas, even with linked headers. Honestly, the idea of a second or third thread is really growing on me. I'm think of doing it in areas of the facility (so for example the one we are in can be the Ampitheater...another can be Cell Block B for just the cells...another could be the caferteria in Cell Block A, and the gardens, etc.) It would give us more room to spread out too, in case people start small 1x1's within the group, or if there are two sub-plots running with different characters in different sectors of the facility.

I'd love anyones thoughts, I do value everyone's opinion here.

As long as the plan includes a cataloguing of said threads with links and such that can be found here, I would be perfectly fine with the idea of spreading our arms out more. If the fit is going too be tight, no point in not being prepared!

I sent you a PM about it Viktoff, just to go into detail. But yeah, I'd be linking them all to the first post in OOC to be found easily. It's just an idea to space things out, and allow people to not all have to write in one thread, making it rather convoluted after awhile with how many characters there are now.

@Alex
I think it's a good idea to spread it out as long as it doesn't get too confusing, that way characters who may be in one and characters in another won't overlap too much unless they're moved. As for anything major - it should probably be recapped in the next form when they're moved into another floor/room/thread if that makes sense.

@VK

Your doing fine, no need to over complicate it and don't dis yourself. You're only as good as you say you are. So no dissing yourself, your no noob, no level 1 rat running in a lvl 40 dungeon with dragons and wizards and unhappy gnomes with huge ass feet. Just simply relax and roll with it. Confidence is a huge thing not only in life but hobbies and every aspect of life.

Only posting for one... I'm exhausted and passing out... I shoulda been in bed anyways like an hour ago minimum.

Sorry for the delay, but my characters are up. It will probably be tonight, after work, before I can get a post up for them. I kind of wanted one of my characters to be new, but the way their profiles read, it wouldn't make sense. So I guess they're both vets.

I'm awake!!!! Coffee is a beautiful thing guys, a freaking masterpiece of a thing.

@Everyone (i like the @ thing...it's nifty)
I'm going to make multi threads. We got estimated 16 characters and that's a lot for one thread, it'll get messy real quick, even with headers. If anyone has suggestions as to what rooms/sections should be threads let me know, I welcome it. So far I'm transforming our current thread into the Amphitheater, which will be used for orientation days, meetings with staff, perhaps other small things like church (if we get any religious characters) or a play (if the patients get desperate for some Broadway, idk).

For now I won't make another thread till someone's characters move, but I'm thinking the first floor can be split into two threads...the offices and the quarters/cafeteria. Cell Block C can be its own thread, with everyone there in solitary. Cell Block B can be its own thread for just the cells, not the amphitheater, and cell block A can have two or three threads...for the cells, the gardens, and the cafeteria. Is there any other privileges we wanna give them in block A??

Oh and side note, Block C has no showers or bathrooms, just tiny toilets in their cells. Same with cell block B, their are toilets in every cell in the corner, but they have a shower room they all get to use once a day. And yes its communal. And Cell Block A has a shared bathroom with six stalls since the patients can move around up there and a communal shower room too.

Now what I was thinking for the headers is if we spread out a bit more we won't need all those links and such. We can go back to BennyQ's original idea of just YC' name, location (where are you in said thread. Example- Nysa is in cell Block B, but she's in the showers so for her location I would write Showers), and who you are tagging to play with (which character). Then if you move your character to another thread to do something else, simply link it to your last post in the other thread, so as anyone seeing you enter can know where you came from, and any other characters playing around you can follow where you went. Much easier, less work, and everything stays organized. Yay

@Nich (is it alright if I call you Nich? Or do you prefer the whole name?)

Hey! Glad you could join. No worries on when you post...we are still figuring out the kinks. And feel free to have one of your characters be new, the more in orientation day the merrier

Thank you for the kind words on my opening post! It was not my intent though to intimidate anyone with my writing. I'm just an overzealous nerd so please don't feel obligated to try and match with me. Everyone has their own writing style and I look forward to seeing yours!

@Andnich123 Welcome! :)

@BurningWillows How you wish to divide up the various floors and rooms among the threads is fine with me! There is a house planning site I once used to create floor plans, if we really want to get indepth with the locations and all. As the RP progresses and grow, we can look into it perhaps. Otherwise we can leave it to the imagination.

@rskde Hey, if you like, I can have Dr. Rupinder Vera give a short orientation speech, unless you'd like Hans Funer to keep that role.

I'll have another post up soon tonight! I was also thinking, if it's alright with you guys, to assign numbers for the patients? I mentioned something of the sort in Rupi's post. It would just consist of your character's initials and like three or four digits after. So if Rupinder Vera was a patient, she might have a serial number like RV2452 or something. Just to add to the dehumanization process of the Institution and all. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the welcome. I may, and I stress may, be able to post before tonight. Oh, and by the way, Andy is fine.

@BennyQ

I hadn't thought about floor plans, but it would help if we eventually considered them if more people come in. It will help from people becoming too confused over where everything lays out, especially for cell block A since it will have the most threads and traffic. PM me about it if you want to discuss it further.

With that said, if anyone wants to post in a different area of the institute please message me here first so I can set up the thread for that specific section. Right now it's just the Amphitheater we have.

Oh and BennyQ I have that in my latest post, although I only used three numbers. I'll change that for Zach, make it ZM1236 or something. Viktoff, do you have a preferred number for him? If everyone wants they can just add thier patient number in their character creations beside whether your a doctor of patient (patient/Doctor: patient AA####)

@Andy

Okay Andy it is, glad you've join. Excited to see your post.

Viktoff Samson said:
Also: Rufio and Zach should totally have a series run together In the tests, that is. There should be lots of reasons to believe that the lack of clear theme to who and what Zach is would lend a hand to the fact that his ability as is just isn't at all tapping into a bigger picture. Like a woman patient who happens to grow wings, a theme isn't there like it is for these gorgons and demons and sirens. And through these tests, you'd eventually push this girl to transform into a swan(ugly duckling story ftw). Who knows? I actually have no serious method or plot device for people to figure he's not at his peak. Lol xD

@Viktoff Sorry I forgot to address this. We can totally have them butt heads when it comes to testing Zach's powers and work towards a greater scheme of things there. Unfortunately, since I seem to be the only doctor characters so far, it might be a while before Arellano can make his rounds to Zach haha.

@BurningWillows I sent you a PM about the floor planning stuff. As for the serial numbers, I can take on the responsibility of tracking it? If players want to come up with their own serial numbers, that'll be fine. But I'll probably generate some random ones for people if they don't mind. It's not really important. Just to give the RP a more Institutional feel and such.

Hey everyone...before we have anymore posts!!!

I made a cell block C thread...here. Can anyone using cell block C kindly move their threads there? or just link your thread from the Amphitheater there...pleaaaaaaase. No more cell block C in amphitheater

working on other thread rooms now...just to be prepared.

BurningWillows said:
Hey everyone...before we have anymore posts!!!

I made a cell block C thread...here. Can anyone using cell block C kindly move their threads there? or just link your thread from the Amphitheater there...pleaaaaaaase. No more cell block C in amphitheater

working on other thread rooms now...just to be prepared.
This timing is like an epic wet noodle to the face.

I mean, the noodle is nice. We needed it. I just feel really stupid xD

@BennyQ

Yes, we can make serial numbers. Akila is AK8866 and I wrote in Viktoff's as ZM1234...cuz i got no clue which one he wants. I'll write down my other patients numbers in the character thread and here.

Nysa - ND6667

Natayla - NS3456

BurningWillows said:
@BennyQ

Yes, we can make serial numbers. Akila is AK8866 and I wrote in Viktoff's as ZM1234...cuz i got no clue which one he wants. I'll write down my other patients numbers in the character thread and here.

Nysa - ND6667

Natayla - NS3456

ZM1234 is fine for Zach~ I'll edit it in on his Character Profile for documentation.

Just thought I'd clear this up, cuz Viktoff PM'd me about it. My siren can speak to people, she has a normal voice and then her "siren voice". She's banned from using the latter, but yeah she can talk and what not, and only using her powers if ordered to by any of the doctors.

Added note: I got threads up for Cell Block C, and A...working towards B.

Jakob x Kyli is my otp.

Now to bring up something serious. I've been in the pms with Alex for a while and the where, how, and why on regards to Zach's origins have had a fruitful and cohesive concept thought up.

The idea is that Zach is severely cursed by his parents, ill-fated. The two were never meant to produce Zach. To hide him and safe themselves, they stripped him of everything with all their might when he was born and cast him into the human world as a baby.

Now the important part: Who and what were his parents?
The greek gods Apollo (Apollo Helios), and Hebe. The god of the sun, and the goddess of youth and pardoning. With their power, Zach was stripped of strength, speed, health, durability, healing, intelligence, heightened maturity and growth in any terms of a more-than human level. His special greek god abilities and visual attributes sealed for what may be forever. Only an inkling of his Gravity power has smudged into existance on his finger tips throughout his life thus far. (the idea of the curse is meant to be a fluid collar to force a naturalistic and fair growth for the roleplay.) Zach is still the Zach I wrote about in the interest and character threads. He just has a rhyme and reason for his Etheral Tethering power. A why it is what it is and also what direction it might go when he grows.

Feel free to leave opinions\thoughts\suggestions about it. But, don't worry about his origin and (technically) species giving him some advantage he didnt have before. He is considered human in all metrics, including mortality.

I got a post ready to go I'm just trying to shorten it cause its a little lengthy haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom