The Road so Far: Supernatural Soulmates (Krystal x Madam Mim)

Dean growled with lust and frustration as she slipped away, but quickly gathered his bearings and pinned her down to the bed with his body, handcuffing her to the bedpost. "Hmm, I see. I guess i'll just have to show my disobedient pretty little love some punishment." He replied, smirk wide and eyes black with lust. She was his and he was gonna show her just what that meant.

Dean kept her pinned under himself, smirking as she nipped at his lips. He kissed all down her jawline, leaving a dark hickie at the the base of her neck where it connected to her shoulder. "Mine. No one else's" he muttered posessively, continuing his bites and kisses until he reached her breasts. One hand squeesed abd needed her left breat, whil his mouth sucked and licked her cute pink little nipple. He left a tiny bite on it before his posistion changed slightly and he switced breasts, pressing little kisses there. He was having fun taking control like this. It had been ao long since he'd really enjoyed foreplay. Lately the women he'd been fucking were a wham bam thank you Dean. He was taking his time with her.

Krystsl grinned at Sam a bit. "This is my own personal spell book. The tree of pain reversal spell is in here, as wellother things you might find useful. The thing I like best about fae magic is because we are so elementsl, anyone can use our magic. Feel free to look throgh it. I find the best way to get to know someone is to read something they've weote." She explained softly, hyper, but not as much that she was whining. Her mood was relaxed.

Krystal made a face at Castiel's comment. "Boo, you're right." This made her frown s bit, nose scrunching slightly as she spoke. She would just have to deal then. She knew sugar made her impossibly hyper, but so did Cas. In her eyes it wouldn't matter wether it was him or sugar that made her that way. She smiled dreamily as Castiel mensioned to Sam that he was her soul mate. It was calming to hear from his mouth after centuries of thinking she was alone.

Krystal looked between the two men as she sat between them. She let out a sigh. "I'm sorry too Sam. I'm usually much calmer. Its just.. being with Cassie... being close... it makes my heart complete again.. and I get hyper. It will pas in a day or so, so please, bear with me." She added softly, her lip quivering slightly. She was nervous.

Sam looked from Cas to Krystal, then back to Cas. "Angels don't have souls," was the only thing he could think to say. Although Castiel's revelation had changed things a bit, he still couldn't file away his mistrust; she seemed completely unsuited to him. Then again, Jude seemed completely unsuited to Dean and there was clearly something going on there.

Castiel's response was a very human rolling of the eyes. "Well a grace-mate doesn't have quite the same ring to it, and isn't entirely accurate," he said snippily.

"'Soulmate' isn't accurate at all," Sam pointed out with a bit of a smirk. Cas squinted at him.

"You're being deliberately obtuse." The angel finally seemed to be catching on to the human way of things. Sam paged through the spell book while Cas ordered room service for Krystal, ensuring there was nothing sufficiently sugary to send her pinging off of the walls again.

Jude giggled as he called her disobedient and wiggled her hips. "But you think I'm pretty," she pointed out with a grin.

The weight of Dean's body on top of hers made her heart beat faster. Being pinned under him like this...well, they'd only just begun to experiment when he'd left, and this little game had been approximately where they'd left off. It was like no time at all had passed. Behind the blindfold she nipped at his lip, and she was only aware that he was heading downward when she felt his lips on her jaw and neck. He murmured possessively and she wigged her hips again. She loved the sound of it.

"Only yours, Dean," she promised. "Even if I do make you work for it."

Jude groaned and occasionally inhaled sharply as Dean took his time at her breasts. She leaned up to approximately where she thought his forehead would be and placed a gentle kiss on it; there was a fine line she liked to walk between dirty and sweet. But Dean had been in uncontested control for too long now. Slowly Jude ran her leg down his side, against his ribs, over his hip, until she had wrapped both legs around his hips and twined their legs together. She could feel his stiff length against her wet panties and the temptation to grind against him was almost overwhelming...almost. Instead she gripped the bedpost, tightened her thighs around Dean's hips, and flipped them. The handcuffs clanked against the bedpost and groaned in protest as their links were twisted around each other.

"What now, sir?" she challenged in a low voice, a smirk residing just under the edge of the blindfold. Jude grinded against Dean's thick shaft, biting her lip and moaning as she did so, thoroughly expecting Dean to slip out from under her and turn the tables again.

Krystal looked between the two men again. She wondered what the shaggy haired man thought of her spells. What she was showing him was deeply personal, as if she was showing her diary. Castiel would know just what it meant. She had already claimed the two mortal boys as her own, because he too had. He would know this was an attempt to make the winchester man like her.

Krystal let out a soft sound. "Cassie is my heart. In the fae realm we have something akin to a soulmate, called a heart. Its that because for fae, when they are born, their heart is spit in two. When they meet their destined lover, their hear9t. He protected me from all the bullies who wanted me dead." She explained softly, most of her memories had come to her in dreams the night before, though there were still a few missing.

Krystal took in another breath, leaning slightly into the angel as she continued her tale. "When I was 400, Castiel was ripped away from me. An angel, Raphael, fearing the strong bond Cassie and I shared, and the power it gave him, erased all my memories of him and reassigned him far away. He didn't want us meeting by accident and causing the spell on me to break." She explained, getting up to get herself some water before returning. Despite not having the whole story, she remembered enough to remember the pain she felt all over again.

Dean let out a soft groan as she wiggled her hips. "Of course Jude. You're more than pretty. You're beautiful." He breathed out, kissing her hard.

As Dean trailed kisses down her neck and to her chest, he could feel her wiggle her hips again and he let out another groan. He smiled a little at the kiss to the head, even if she'd missed slightly and it was more like a kiss to the eyebrow. He let out a soft moan. Even from under him, she was finding a way to drive him crazy. He bucked into her lightly, his erect cock feeling her soaked panties. He was getting closer to his limit, and they hadn't even really been having sex yet! She was real good at foreplay. He groaned. "Oh yeah baby, that what I like though. Make me work for it. Let me chace you beautiful" he murmured into her ear, leaving a small bite there.

Dean let out a surprised gasp as he was flipped, smirking up at her, not that she could see. He pulled her down for a kiss, stroking her side with his free hand, while the other hand guided her lips to his. She was still blind folded after all. He playfully snapped the waistband of her panties kissing her all over before he smirked.

Dean flipped them back over, practically ripping her panties off before forcefully thrusting himself in to the hilt. "What now? Baby, i'm gonna make you screamnin pleasure" he murmured, pulling out slowly and the thrusting back in roughly, fucking her into the mattress.

Even in the midst of foreplay to what would most assuredly be some fairly dirty sex, Dean knew exactly what to say to make her heart melt. Jude breathed in sharply as he kissed her hard before trailing kisses down her neck. He told her to make him chase her and she did, flipping their positions and grinding against him, squeezing his sides with her thighs and grinning down at roughly him. When he pulled her down for a kiss and snapped the waistband of her panties she couldn't help but laugh, followed by a moan as she shifted her hips forward to grind against his cock.

"Mmmm God Dean..." she murmured against his lips. "The things you could do to me..."

Then it all seemed to happen at once. Jude found herself on her back again, entirely naked now with the cool morning air against her shaved lips. She cried out and arched her back as Dean plunged into her all at once. "Dean...!" she gasped, sounding breathless. She had an even harder time catching her breath when he promised to make her scream. Jude's fingers curled around the bedpost as he thrust into her again, her back bouncing against the mattress with the force of it. "Oh God fuck me Dean," Jude breathed. "Please baby, I need you so badly!" Her entire body ached for Dean, wanting to finally be consumed once again in that fire she had only ever felt with him.

Sam continued leafing through the pages of the spell book as Krystal explained what had happened. He felt uncomfortable with the amount of Cas's personal life being divulged to him. To Sam of course Castiel had feelings, but he had always seemed an asexual being to him. Of course, this would explain why he had always seemed that way. He glanced up from the book at Krystal.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, unsure what else to say. He glanced to Cas, who also looked deeply uncomfortable with the situation at hand. Regardless of sexuality, history, or even species it was apparent that both men adhered to the traditional perception of masculinity: discussing feelings with or in front of one another just wasn't done.

"Well you're here now," Cas said at last, putting an arm around Krystal and kissing the top of her head softly. "And Raphael is dead, so he can't hurt you anymore."

To spare them from further awkward silence, Sam's phone rang mercifully. Desperate to escape the tension in the room, he answered it before it had finished its first ring. "Agent Hendricks." A long silence. "Yeah, okay. Yeah we'll be there." After hanging up he looked to Cas and Krystal. "There's been another murder."

At Jude's home Dean's phone vibrated uselessly on the kitchen table, drowned out completely by Jude's shrieks of pleasure.

Dean chuckled darkly, smirking as he kissed her harder. "No darling, the things I will do with you" he whispered againster her lips, griding against her. He could feel the heat coming from his body. He was gonna climax soon.

At Jude's shouts in pleasure, Dean sped up his pace and his pushed her further into the matress as he increased the hardness, the only sounds in the room were the slapping of his balls and their moans. "Fuck, Jude, i'm so close!!" He panted, hos thrusts only queckening as he hit her gspot forcefully. He was so close, he could almost taste his own cum as he grunted, kissing her roughly. This was so much better than it wasbwhen they were kids, even if he could still feel the raging inferno of love he had for her in his heart.

Krystal smiled a little bit softly at sam. " thank you. But itsnover now. No need to apoligize." She replied in a small voice, letting out a breath. Even if she felt bad for making both men uncomforable, it felt good to get all that off her chest.

Krystal smiled as castiel put his arm around her, and she leaned into him, giving his cheek a light chaste kiss."You're right, Cassie. Hopefully we can have our happiness this time." She replied softly, humming a song she'd heard on the radio.

Krystal watched Sam curiously as he answered the phone, frowning. Even if she was secretly glad it gave her an alibi, she still was sad. She hated that people were dying because of magic she'd created. She looked to Sam. "Damn. What do we do now?"

"We go to the scene," Sam answered with a shrug. "You'll have to stay in the car. Unless you've got some more professional clothes and can do something about ah..." He motioned to his own hair, indicating the color of hers. "Wouldn't be buy-able that you'd be an FBI agent. Hell, I barely pass." He shrugged on his coat and handed her back her spell book. "Dean isn't answering his phone. I'm sure he's just preoccupied or left it off or something, but I'll keep calling him and we'll meet him there."

Jude arched her lower back off of the mattress, mouth falling open as Dean pounded her. Her nails drew a little blood as they pressed into her palms and she pulled against her restraints, wishing she could hold him close to her. She drew closer to that precipice with each thrust,

"Cum for me, baby," she panted, meeting Dean thrust for thrust. "Please God I'm so close..."

Jude's brain was wiped blank for a few seconds. In the distance she heard a scream of orgasmic pleasure and only later realized that it had been her, cumming harder than she had in years, milking his cock for all she could. As they came down her chest heaved as she disengaged the safety locks on the cuffs with her middle fingers and pulled off the blindfold. She couldn't lift her head or legs off of the mattress. Holding Dean close she gasped for breath.

"Holy fuck..." She half-giggled as she managed to catch her breath. "That was incredible. I...we...pancakes then more?" Jude offered. "We can take it slow next time, make it sweet." She smiled sweetly.

Dean's phone rang from the kitchen table. After it went to voicemail it began ringing again. Jude sighed as Dean went to answer it and put the phone on speaker. She lifted her head as she listened to their conversation.

"Hey Dean, we've got another lead." Sam's voice echoed from the kitchen into the bedroom. "7210 Pineview Lane. We'll meet you there."

Jude sat up in alarm and began grabbing her clothes, stopping only for a moment to grab a towel for Dean's seed sliding down her leg. "I'm coming with you, period," she informed Dean firmly, and he wouldn't need to know why. 7210 Pineview Lane Jude had grown up in.

Krystal nodded at Sam's deduction. She let out a soft breath. "I can go invisible, but i'd rather watch." She said simply, snapping her fingers and her long blue hair turned jet black, accentuating her pale cheeks, and her ponytail became a tasteful braid. She snapped her fingers again and a form fitting black dress and heels appeared on her and she pulled a badge from her pocket. "Does this look better, agent hendricks?" She asked, eyebrow raised.

Dean moaned out, thrusting quicker than he ever had. He hit her G spot several times, the only sounds her screams in pleasure and the slapping of his balls onto her slit as he pounded into her. He kissed her hard, eyes rolling back and head lolling back as he came harder and longer than he ever had before, and that was including when they were kids.

Dean collaped next to her, panting as he pulled her close after her handcuffs were off. "God, I love you, Jude, and yes, a second round after food sounds divine." He muttered softly, kissing her head lovingly. He was so glad to have her back and basked in the after glow a little before going into the kitchen to get his rabidly ringing phone.

Dean answered his phone finally. "A new lead? That's great sam!" You could hear the excitement and relief in his voice thag they were getting that much closer to solving the case. His good mood from sex and Jude was short lived as a string of strong expletives and the sound of major guilt came through the phone. "Sam, that's Jude's parents house." and you could just hear the anguish in his voice. There went two more people he cared about but couldn't save. Why the hell was he such a fuck up!?

Dean went to shake his head no. To tell her she couldn't come. That being around him would get her killed, but his voice stopped the moment he saw her face. There was no way she was gonna budge, and sam had the impala, so he was stuck. She had to come, wether he liked it or not.

Jude ignored Dean's protests. Her face was set in a queer mixture of determination and anxiety as she pulled her clothes on, ran her fingers only briefly through her hair before throwing it up into a disheveled ponytail, and grabbed the keys. The car ride was quiet, with only the radio at half-volume to break the heavy silence between them. Jude chewed on her lip enough to start tasting blood as she drove the twenty long minutes which seemed to stretch into forever between her parents' house and her own. She turned onto Stone Street, a block away from her childhood home.

"What sort of a lead is it, Dean?" Her voice was hollow as she stared at the road. On their left was an ancient oak tree with "DW+JM" carved into it. Three houses up on the right was where they'd gotten caught trying to sneak into her back yard through a neighbor's to avoid getting caught out past curfew. "Are they okay?"

But Dean didn't have to answer. The Impala was already parked out front with three cruisers and an ambulance. The ambulance's light's weren't on, and yellow tape was around the front yard. Jude slammed the shift into park, not bothering to parallel park properly on the narrow street, and jumped out of the car barefoot, having forgotten her shoes in her haste to leave her own home. She didn't feel the stones in her feet as she jogged over the rocky pavement to the line where Sheriff Parker, who had been in conversation with Sam, stopped her. Sam looked surprised and turned his gaze to Dean.

"Dean you said this was her parents' place," he said in a low voice, stepping aside with his brother. "What's she doing here?"

"Sheriff are they--?"

"Jude, why don't you get back in your car sweetheart? Meet us at the station?"

"No...they're...they're okay. Nathan, they're okay aren't they?" She turned a wide, pleading blue gaze up to the lanky sheriff. "It's fine, right Nathan?"

Sheriff Parker couldn't think of anything to say, but there was pity in his eyes. "Judy..."

But Jude's gaze was distracted by the medical team coming out with gurneys. The occupants' faces were covered. "Mom...Dad..." She choked on the words. Sheriff Parker barely had time to grab her as she tried to launch herself past him and through the yellow tape. Shrill shrieking followed, incomprehensible except for the occasional Mom or Daddy as she fought like a feral animal to escape Sheriff Parker's grasp and get over the tape. Castiel helped the distraught Sheriff in restraining her until the shrieking gave way to soul-wracking sobs as she seemed to lose all strength in her muscles and slowly sank to the ground.

"She shouldn't have come," Castiel said quietly to Dean at a safe distance from the broken-down Jude. "They have the Tree of Pain, just like the others. Teeth and nails ripped out, she had a heart attack but he bled to death...it was slow, would have taken all night. She doesn't need to know any of that, but she'll start asking questions."

Dean quickly put his clothes on, a frown on his face. He knew the second that Sam gave him the adress that the love of his life's parents were dead. He'd failed so many people in this world, but failing her and failing them felt like failing Sammy. He almost wished he'd never met Jude. If he hadn't maybe her parents would still be alive.

The drive in the car was silent, and Dean just looked off into the distance unable to say anything. He didn't know if he even knew how to say anything right now. He sucked in a breath. "Sam didn't say" he answered softly, voice dripping with guilt and something else unidentifiable. This was gonna be so hard on her. He shouldn't have let her come.

Dean's frown was apparent as he looked at his brother. He looked ready to cry himself. He had loved the McKinnon's too. "I couldn't stop her Sammy. When Jude makes up her mind, there's no arguing with her." He lamented, watching as the love of his life broke down in tears. He wanted to go and comfort her, he really did. But at the same time, you could see in his eyes just how much he blamed himself.

Dean looked at the angel blankly. He was trying to hide his pain, despite knowing that Castiel would see right through him, just as he always had. He wanted to shake and sob himself and comfort his lover, but there was a case to solve and revenge to get. "Right, tree of pain. So where does that leave us? Either of you find any leads?" He asked, voice on edge. He hurt from this, and he didn't think he'd ever stop blaming himself for it. The best he could do would be to find who did this.

Krystal sat back and watched sadly. How could someone of another court do such terrible things? "They're trying to frame my court again.." she muttered, frowning. It was obvious what was happening to her now. One of then order the order court royals was pulling on the strings to make it justifyable to kill her entire court.... again.

Krystal maybe the gentlest fae anyone had ever seen, but she had a horrible nickname. "The murder queen" was what the other courts called her, simply because she was the dark fae's queen. Her court had long since been hated by the other courts, simply for its function. The dark court was who you called when you needed someone dead, and they were widely known for being assassins and mercinaries. Their economy solely built on killing others, no matter if theybare innocent or notm Life was a valuable thing to a fae, so the act of killing one or for killing other species was thought treacherous. So, here they were again, order vs chaos. This time though, it seemed that order was causing chaos to blame its opposite.

"Trying to frame your court?" Sam frowned. "For what?"

"The short answer is racism," Castiel said plainly, glancing over at the house then back to his companions. "It makes sense now. Krystal's court is widely known for providing mercenaries, assassins, and other such soldiers of fortune. This provides an invaluable service to the other three fae courts, but at the same time they're generally reviled because other fae hold life sacred. Plots to frame Krystal and her court aren't uncommon; happens every five hundred years or so. I think this may be the first time it's been so violent and so spread across this side of the veil though."

Sam nodded. "So we're looking for another fae then. Does anyone specific come in mind? Do they always use the same people to do the wet work?"

Sheriff Parker approached the "agents." In his arms Jude was curled as small as she could get, still sobbing though more quietly than before, face hidden in her arms. He shifted uncomfortably. She'd seemed comfortable with Agent Winchester, like they'd known each other before, but he wasn't sure how appropriate his request was.

"Agent Winchester," he said as he drew level with them, "she's not in any shape to be driving. If you and agent Hendricks and your ah, associates," he glanced at Castiel and Krystal, "want to take her and meet us at the station, I'll take care of her car and meet you there. There's still a few things to finish up here." The sheriff held Jude out slightly, offering her to Dean. She was family just as anyone else at the station and to see her in such a state hurt him. The Rev had been a pillar of the community and to see what had been done to him...it was brutal.

Krystal nodded at Sam. "Yes. Trying to frame my court." She replied, pushing her bangs out of her face with her hand. Her eyes showed her sadness and utter worry about what was to come. She didn't know what to think.

Krystal nodded her head. "The last time it happened was about 200 years after Cas was ripped from me. The culprit had used my spell wrong and had accidentally killed a fae noble. He was so distraught over it, he confessed. I theorize that the spell has gotten out of the wielder's hands. Only I can truly control it, but its what the other fae always use because it is the only destrucive spell i've ever written. Sam, you know this from looking through my book" she added into the conversation, looking worried. The last time the spell had gotten out of hand, it had killed half a continent. The black plauge had been the tree of pain.

Krystal shook her head. "No, i'm not sure who it could be. I do know though that whoever did this is someone who hates mortals. Most fae tolerate and even love mortals, so whoever soured this guys juice must've been pretty." She explained softly, watching as the sherrif brought over Jude.

Dean took Jude from the sheriff, snuggling her up into his tight embrace, trying to be strong even if he to wanted to break down in tears. It broke his heart to see his soulmate in such utter distress, and he wished he could just go back in time and prevent this from happening. He hadn't wanted this. No matter how much he wanted her in his life, the fear that she would end up like herbparents was knawing at his mind. This was one of the things he hated most about hunting, the distraught faces of the victims. Now that it was Jude... he wanted to break down himself. He had failed her. Made her cry again. All this was his fault.

Sam shrugged when Krystal mentioned her book. "I only browsed," he admitted. "I didn't have time to look through it more thoroughly. But that's not important: we know which spell is being used we just don't know who."

"Could you ask around the other courts?" Castiel suggested. "Perhaps there were rumors, gossip. Something like an affair with a mortal would have gone around the court, if it was an affair. It could be this fae has grown envious of mortals, or dislikes them on prejudiced grounds." His eyes followed the sheriff as he handed Jude over. He hadn't yet met the woman, but it was clear she had some prior tie to Dean and the name Jude sounded vaguely familiar, though he couldn't quite place why.

Jude only vaguely registered that she was being handed off. When she recognized Dean's smell, his embrace, she threw her arms around his neck and buried her face in her chest, still unable to control her sobbing though she did manage to whimper his name every now and then. Sam watched with a growing sense of pity, though he wasn't entirely sure what he could do to alleviate any of this pain. He had no idea that Dean blamed himself for something so out of his control. He opened one of the back doors of the Impala and gestured to the seat.

"Here," he offered. "She can lay down or do whatever she needs until we're ready to go back to the station." It was also important, to Sam at least, to keep the truth of the matter hidden from her. A serial killer was easy to explain; a supernatural serial killer wasn't. It was obvious she was an old girlfriend of Dean's, but he had no idea how deep that connection went and that his brother might tell her the truth anyway.

Krystal nodded at Sam. "Fair enough. After this is over, you're welcome to look through it again and you'll always be welcome in the dark court's library, as well as my personal one." She offered softly, guessing by the way he had paged through her spell book that he would enjoy the libraries she had at home.

Krystal closed her eyes a moment, nodding again, butbthis time at Castiel. "Its a good idea. I will text Roreck and ask him to talk to some of his friends throughout the courts." She replied, pulling her state of the art Samsung Galaxy s7 out of her pocket, the sound of a clicking noise happening as she texted her right hand man. She would have a reply soon enough, the sound of a "moon princess elimination!" Yelling from her phone. She blushed a little. Krystal may be a fae, but she was a total pop culture junkie. The things mortals could make always amazed her. She let out a soft sound of relief. "He's going to check into it."

Dean held onto a sobbing Jude, kissingbher head chastely and rocking her to try and ease the pain a little. He knew how much this hurt. In his whole life, he'd lost 3 parents. First, his mother, then his father, and finally, Bobby. Each had a profound damage on his psyche. None more than his mother, who died when he was just 4. He blamed himself each time, thinking if he was older, stronger, or faster, he could have saved them. Now he had to more he felt guilty over. Two people who had shown him nothing but love, and the second he rolled back into town they were killed.

Dean looked up at his brother as he spoke. "Thanks Sammy. But.. Can you handle this? k need to stay with her." His voice was soft and pleading in a way that his brother would have only heard it when there was a death in the family. Dean was taking this really hard, though no one could take it as hard as Jude was. Loosing your parents is a terrible thing to face.

Sam looked from Jude, whose face was still hidden, to Dean, back to Jude. "Sure man. Take all the time you need."

He was really going to appreciate it when people stopped acting strangely and keeping secrets. In the back seat of the car Jude huddled in Dean's lap, crying shamelessly until she had at last cried herself into an exhausted snooze against his chest. Hair stuck to her splotchy face with dried tears and she had to breathe through her moth due to the stuffy nose, but she was at least able to get some respite from the pain of suddenly and violently losing both parents. When the car doors opened and closed again, since they had to meet the Sheriff at the station after taking a look around the crime scene, Jude's bloodshot eyes opened but she didn't say a word. Normally a stickler for vehicular safety, she remained in Dean's lap in the back of the car on their way across town, not saying a word nor looking at anybody but staring blankly out the window. She was able to walk into the station of her own accord, but soon had to sit down after claiming to feel faint.

"I know you may not be up for many questions Judy," Sheriff Parker said kindly once he'd arrived, "but I do have an important one for you. Jude, did the Rev or your mom have tattoos?"

She frowned. "Of course they don't...didn't...you know that."

"Are you sure?"

"Leviticus, 19:28."

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm not quite as up on the Bible as you are."

Uncharacteristically Jude sighed and rolled her eyes. "'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.' Mom thinks it's saying Jesus's sacrifice wasn't good enough to adhere to Leviticus, but the Rev's pretty adamant on it. He still thinks only carnies and convicts get tattoos anyway. Damn near had a stroke when I got mine." She couldn't talk about them in the past tense. Not yet. They had only died a few hours ago at most and it felt like they would get up any time now and tell her everything was alright. "So it was him then? The Tree Killer? He puts tattoos on his victims after he kills them?" It felt like they were talking about someone else, not her parents.

"I can't tell you anything about the case, Judy. You know that."

"And you know I know this case just as well as any of your detectives, Nathan," she argued. "I know I'm just the receptionist but I might be able to help. And don't call me Judy."

Dean nodded at his brother. "Thanks man. She really needs me. And Sam? I promise I'll explain later. Given recent events, its for the best." He told him softly, still holding in the pain he was feeling. He had to be strong for Jude. She needed him, just like Sammy had needed him after any other death they'd seen.

Dean held her as she cried, soothingly rubbing her back, kissing her head, doing anything he could to reassure her that everything was going to be okay. "You just cry it out my love. I'm so sorry this happened. I'm so sorry" he muttered softly, and you could hear the guilt in his voice. He really did blame himself for their death, even if they might've died anyway the way the killer was going. Usually there was at least a little rhyme or reason to the killings, but this time, there was just... nothing. It was if the fae was just picking people at random and using the tree to kill them in the most brutal way possible.

Krystal looked at Castiel. "I feel so aweful about this, Cassie. I want that fae dead for what he's doing to this world... a world I love." She muttered softly, crystalline blue tears falling from her pretty eyes. As usual, she was taking this on herself, much in the way Dean had. She could feel abd taste each and every emotion from around the crimescene and it was breaking her heart. She didn't know what to dobto help, but she viwedbthen and there, that the fae who did this, she would make them suffer in just the way he'd made his victims.

The drive back to the station was quiet. No one said anything as Dean just held Jude, trying so hard not to break down. He was the strong one, he always had been. He needed to be strong, for her, no matter how much he felt like dying because of it.

Castiel wrapped his arm around Krystal's shoulder and kissed the top of her head. She reminded him of Dean in the way she often took on things which weren't her fault. He sighed and shook his head as he watched Dean and Jude through the car window. "It isn't your fault, love," he assured her quietly. "We'll find him and we'll make him pay, I promise."

The ride was silent. Cas quietly brooded, separated by necessity from Krystal since there was only one available seat in the back and one in the front. Occasionally he glanced at Dean and Jude. The name was frustrating him until suddenly it came as though whispered in his ear: Judith Winchester. The angels of Heaven knew the names of each pair of soulmates, the better to prepare their personal joint Heavens, and that was where he'd heard her name before. He decided against saying anything just now; limited though his "people skills" may be, he recognized it as an inappropriate moment to bring it up.

In the station under the line of Sheriff Parker's gentle questioning Jude was quickly moving into the anger stage of grief. Tears of rage quivered in her eyes, face so red it was almost purple as he refused to let her help with the case. She didn't care that she wasn't a cop, this monster had killed her goddamn parents and she was going to help and--

"Oughta let her scream herself out." Sheriff Parker locked the door to the interrogation room they'd put her in, where she continued to rant and scream aimlessly at the two-way mirrors where she knew they would be able to see her if they went into the room behind it. The room itself was soundproof; the only way they would be able to hear her would be to turn the speakers on in the rooms behind the mirrors. He turned to the FBI agents. "Whether this sonofabitch knew it or not, he just made it personal. Please tell me you've got some leads."

"We've got somewhat of a general idea," Sam assured him. "Our associates here, Agents Brown and Steele," he gestured to Krystal and Cas in turn, "have dealt with this guy before. It's hard to predict where he'll strike next, but he usually stays within the same town until he decides he's done. They've got feelers out, keeping an ear to the ground."

Castiel scowled in his confusion. "I don't have feelers and am upright..."

"It's an expression, Agent Steele. He takes a lot of stuff literally," he added to the sheriff in a stage whisper. "We can escort Miss McKinnon home. I'm sure she'll want to have arrangements made by the time the bodies are released."

At home, her rage blown out for now but temper on a hair trigger, Jude took her grief out on vegetables that needed chopping for tonight's dinner. Nearly everything she ate and fed other people were either from her own garden or from the local butcher. As she dumped chopped onions into a skillet she demanded a headcount for dinner rather more sharply than was characteristic.

Krystal snuggled a little bit closer to Castiel as he kissed her head, just needing a little bit comfort from her soulmate. "I know we will, Cassie. But in the meantime, I feel beyond guilty. This fae is only doing this to hurt me. I want to know why." She admitted with an exsasperated sigh, closing her eyes. She was trying to shut off the part of her that could feel and taste all these emotions before it drove her insane.

Krystal was silent the whole way back to the station, breathing in and out softly. She was trying to keep herself calm. She was on very thin shred of sanity herself. The fae had done his job perfectly in how he went about this. Making each murder worse than the last. It seemed like he was trying to make her crazy in order to justify killing her before she could find her heart and procure her true heir. Only a child concieved in pure love is allowed to become a monarch.

Dean winced a little as he watched Jude. While he was relieved that she was onto the next stage of grief, he couldn't help but feel badly. He knew he could've saved them if he'dnonly have been quicker. Everytime someone gets close to him, they died. He couldn't bear that thought of watching her die, but at the same time, he knew he couldn't live without her. He loved her to much to ever be able to leave her again. He ran a hand through his hair as he watched her and listened to the banter of Sam and the sheriff.

Dean raised an eyebrow and a loud "moon princess elimination!" Could be heard. Krystal quickly apoligized and pulled her phone out. She let out a sigh of relief. "My associate has a lead. Agent Steele and I will go check it out." She told them simply, heels clicking slightly in her eagerness to go to Roreck and see what he might've foundnout in the last couple of hours. Her right hand man had always been very good at finding what she needed.

Dean looked to Sam after the sherriff had left and let out a soft breath. "Jude means alot to me, Sammy. I want to tell her the truth. So, you ready to hear the whole story?" He asked softly, and you tell that even in his grief, this was still embarrassing to him to talk about. But in light of recent events, it was necessary to tell his brother the full truth.

Later that day, back at Jude's house, Dean sat in the kitchen, just watching her cut the vegetables silently. "I could eat, but Krystal and Cas will probably go back to her hotel and order foos. I don't know if Sammy is gonna eat." He replied softly, not wanting to upset her. He would have to tell her soon, but not yet.

Castiel jumped slightly at the loud notification from Krystal's phone. He looked between her and the sheriff. "Yes, we'll let you know in the morning what we've found," he agreed, nodding to the sheriff before leaving with Krystal.

Sam raised his eyebrows when Dean offered to tell him the whole story with Jude, taking a seat and leaning against the armrest. "Yeah. What's going on with you and her, Dean? Does ah, does this have anything to do with that time you and Dad had that big blowout?"

Later, once Dean had told him the entire story, Sam sat going through old archives online. Of course it was plausible and Dean had no reason to lie, but it was difficult to believe. In love? And although old newspaper stories wouldn't confirm to him how his brother felt about Jude it would confirm how events played out after John had driven off without his eldest son. He was startled from his studies when Jude barged into the guest room, wielding a knife.

"Sam!" She looked quite testy. "Eating?"

"Uh...yeah I could eat. Thanks." She was a little frightening when grieving; he wanted weird, hippy Jude back.

When she returned to the kitchen she finished chopping vegetables before turning her wrath on the meat. "When I say head count I mean head count," she mumbled mostly to herself, shaking her head. She knew it wasn't healthy to cling to her anger, but if she didn't then she'd start crying again. Even when the food was done, it tasted like ash in her mouth and was difficult to swallow through the pain. After a few bites, though it probably tasted perfectly fine to everyone else, she pushed her plate aside and rose to start putting things in tupperware with a mumbled explanation that she wasn't hungry.

With Sam in his room, Jude curled up in bed and waited for Dean. This would be her first night ever without her parents and she felt so small. The lovemaking in this very bed this morning seemed so long ago, but it was still the same rain as when she had woken up.

Krystal smiled at the sheriff, nodding. "Yes, we'll be in touch." She promised, walking out with Castiel. When they were safely hidden in a dark corner of the station, a small popping sound could be heard, and they were now in the living room of her castle. Aside the flat screen tv, blueray player and bookcase full to the brim with movies, not much had changed since the angel had last been here. The shelves were still covered in books an pantings, the couches still the same hand made velvet furniture, ones he had loved. She had never been able throw them out, though she'd not known why at the time.

Roreck walked into the living room of the castle. "My queen, I see that you got my message. I have news." He told her, bowing respectfully to the higher ranking woman. He had not seen Castiel yet, despite the way Krystal was hanging onto him. The fae noble of the dark court had always harbored feelings for the pretty queen, so he always paid the most attention to her. She had never known, because she'd only ever seen Roreck as a big brother.

Krystal cleared her throat. "Yes, that is good news. I no longer wish to have deal with what this fae is doing. It weighs on my heart, Roreck." She explained, winpering sligtly, snuggling closer into Castiel. It was then that the fae noble finally noticed his presence. He bowed respectfully atbthe seraph, but he did not grin like he did when he looked at his queen. Instead Roreck's face was nuetral, though a small smile crept its way onto it.

"Pleased to see you again, Lord Castiel. I was not sure if the queen would ever find you again." He told the angel, slight edge to his voice. Roreck wasn't aware of the truth behind what had happened between Krystal and the angel, but he did know what had become of it. The Fae queen had cried for hours like her heart had died, despite not knowing why she was feeling such pain. He had been the one to pickup those pieces, so naturally, he wasn't fond of the angel being back. In his eyes, it could only spell more pain for his beautiful queen.

Dean watched Jude prepare their dinner with pain and worry in his eyes. It hurt him to see her hurting so. He wantedbto just snuggle her and kiss it all away, hut he knew he couldn't. If there was any way he knew to bring them back, he would, but he knew that Jude wouldn't want that. Her parents died devout, and bo matter how much he wabted to bring them back, save her this pain, he knew she'd never stand for it, nor would her parents. Later, at dinner, Dean gave her a concered and sympathetic look as she muttered she wasn't hungry, but he knew better. She was grieving to much to eat.

After Sam had gone to bed, Dean got into some lounge pants and a tank top, getting into bed with Jude. He kissed her head chastely, pulling her to his chest. He didn't know how eactly he was gonna do this, but asking seemed a good start. "Jude, do you believe in magic?"

Jude curled up against Dean. She never wore pants to bed, but over her panties she wore a shirt Dean had left behind fifteen years prior which was still too big for her. She'd never had the heart to give it away or throw it out, and she was glad she hadn't. Wordlessly she played with the strings of his pants, words jumbling in her brain but unwilling to put themselves into any sort of order.

"They're gone," she finally said quietly. "It still feels like I can just pick up the phone and call them, ask what we're doing for Sunday dinner...but I can't. And they didn't even know you were safe. They're gone, and the last thing they knew in this world was torture and pain." Tears seeped down her face, dampening Dean's shirt. "God I wish I knew who this bastard was..."

But Dean didn't seem to be on the same page. He asked instead whether she believed in magic. "What sort of stupid question is that?" she demanded thickly, sniffing and wiping in futility at her tears. "Of course I do. You know I do."

Castiel squeezed the fae slightly, allowing her her own grief without intruding on the conversation. When Roreck finally noticed him he bowed back politely. "Roreck," he greeted. "I searched for her for a very long time, but it seemed time was all we needed. And there's still no reason to call me 'lord.' I am an angel of the Lord."

He knew that Roreck had always fancied Krystal. He tried to be respectful of that by not getting too physical or sentimental in front of him, but there was only so much he could do; she was his soulmate, after all. The fae clearly wasn't happy to see him, and to be perfectly honest he wasn't terribly happy to see Roreck, but the least they could do was a tacit respectfulness for propriety and Krystal's sake.

"What was this news you said you had?" he prompted after a few moments.

Dean snuggled his lover, rubbing her shoulder comftingly. The fact that she had kept his shirt all these years warmed his heart, and if he were bring really honest, he could admit it was really sexy seeing her in it. Now wasn't the time though. Now was the time to let her grieve, and to hold her to help her remember how important he is to her. He kissed her head, laying them down, ticking her into his much larger form.

Dean let out a soft sound as she talked. "I know how you feel. For the first couple of months after Bobby, my adoptive father died, It took everything in me not to call his phone when I needed help. I promise, the pain gets easier." He replied, kissing her head softly, trying to off comfort, even if he thought he was doing a shit job of it. Be hated seeing her like this, and he felt the same way. He was agonizing over this, blaming himself, thinking they'd still be alive if he hadn't come here. He let out a sigh. "You and me both"

Dean abruptly wanted to change the subject. He knew ahe believed in magic, but what he was about to tell her was far fetched even for him. "You know how my family business is about saving people, right? Well, its not just seriel killers we hunt... we hunt... creatures too.. the world isn't as black and white as it appears" he explained softly, not really sure where to start to explain. He hated to bring her into this part of his life, but, if she was gonna be with him, she needed to know. "The thing that killed your parents wasn't human. It was a faerie"

Roreck let out a soft chuckle, though he didn't smike ear yo ear like he usually would. He was to burdened by the reappearance of the angel to truly smile. "I simply call you that because I know you will one day be king. Ihave no doubts that you will marry the queen, my lord" he explained respectfully, biting his lip slightly. He was being nice for Krystal's sake, even though he secretly wantedbto deckbthe angel.

Krystal snuggled in closer to Castiel as she spoke to Roreck, the nearness of his presence soothing. Being here, in this room with him was making the memories come back like a flood. She couldn't help but smirk a little at the memory of what they'd done on the couch ove in the corner. It seemed like every inch of this roomnheld a salacious memory. She took in a breath, focusing. "Yes, Roreck. What is your news?"

Roreck let out an breath. "Roght, well, as it turns out, you were right. There was a torrid affair going on between the order court general Cole and a nortal named maria. She dumped him when she found out he wasn't human, so he vowed to make humans pay. Seems he thought thenopprotunity would also serve well to frame out court, my queen." He explained, looking thoughtful and wondering what they might say.

"Of course," Castiel agreed, eventual marriage to Krystal being a matter-of-fact to him as it always had been. "But even then I would not wish to be called 'lord.' I'm asking you not to." He stressed that he was asking; he could have ordered Roreck not to call him 'lord' if he wanted, but he wanted to attempt at least congeniality.

When Roreck imparted his information Cas nodded. "Makes enough sense," he mused. "Now all we need is a way to find and catch this General Cole."

Dean was doing right by her, just letting her ramble and weep. When he told her that they didn't just hunt serial killers but also monsters, she crinkled her nose. "What, like X-Files?" Jude's nose was still stuffy but it was just weird enough to stop the tears for now. "Dean I know I can be a bit flighty but even I don't believe in that sort of stuff." She blinked hard when he announced that a faerie had murdered her parents.

"Of course it wasn't," she said plainly. "The Unseely court play tricks and sometimes people get hurt, but they're not serial killers, Dean." Jude watched his face when it didn't crack into a grin and raised her eyebrows. "Wait you're serious? You think a faerie mu-- Did that? Dean...sometimes people are the monsters." The corners of her eyes lowered, but she used this line of thinking to distract her from the vibrantly painful truth. "I'm pretty sure we've got a hollowghast comes every few years, I would think it's that before one of the Good Neighbors."

Jude had been convinced she'd seen a faerie when she was twelve, out in the woods near her house, and had never stopped believing. Instead she'd delved deeper, researching the creatures and monsters of folklore and gradually learning that most people did not continue to believe in magic well into their teens. Funny enough, there was a hollowghast that liked to prowl the streets of Keene every five or ten years, though only two of the five cases she had linked to the hollow were murders and maulings it was actually responsible for.

Krystal leaned into Castiel as he spoke to Roreck, smiling softly. To her, the two of them got along, but in reality it was the opposite. The information that they had just been given was false, for the most part. There was a General Cole in the court of order, but what they didn't know is that it was actually Roreck. He had created the persona to gain information in order to help Krystalnover take the other courts. In his mind, she needed to be queen over all of their race, not just their own court. Roreck bowed respectfully at Castiel. "If you you so wish."

Krystal nodded at her lover's suggestion. "Yes, we need to think of a plan, and I need you to stay as close to me as possible. Judging how little the courts like me, they may just try and kill you again. Usually the heart bond isn't tempered with no matter what the fae's crimes, but I can't take any chances. I'm the only one who can fully negate that spell." She explained, looking worried. She remembered the last time it had happened. The fae court of winter had gotten their hands on an angel blade, and had captured her lover. When she found him, he was badly bloodied and clise to death. It was lucky that she healed him, or she might not be here today. When a fae finds their true heart and they die, the love connection that bonded then slowly withers away, and so to do they fae themselves. Krystal couldn't risk that happening.

That's when Roreck knew. In order to kill her lover, he would have to send her away. He would need to send her far enough away that she wouldn't be in time to save him this time. He was to blinded by jealosy and rage to think about the affect it might have on his beloved. All he wanted was her.

Dean let out a soft sound. He almost thought that she didn't believe him. "Yeah, something like that. You know the supernatural books by carver edlund?" He asked with a sort of nervous tone, thinking he might have seen a couple of them on her shelf in the living room. He hoped she didn't have the one where he went to hell if he was correct that he had seen them.

Dean let out a soft sigh as he realized she wasn't calling him crazy. Instead she was disagreeing with him on fairy lore. He tried not to smile at the fact that at least someone believed him. "Thats true in most cases, but not this one. We know it was Fae because we've dealth with them before. The tree tattoo isn't a tattoo. Its a ruin called the tree of pain. Oh, don't let Krys hear you call her court unseelie. As queen, it offends her. She says the court of order is actually more like the unseelie." He explains, hoping that krys wouldn't mind being outed. She had just randomly appeared and told them who she was, so it was likely she wouldn't mind.

Jude shook her head when he asked about the Carver Edlund books. "I've heard of them and they've got a pretty rabid underground following on Tumblr, but I've never read them. Why? Are they about actual monsters?"

Then he started babbling, not bothering to link what was in his head with the words coming out of his mouth. Dean had a habit of doing that sometimes. "Who's Krys? I've never heard of the "court of order," only the Seelie and Unseelie." Then something horrifying registered in her brain. "Tree of pain?" Jude yelped, starting back and staring up at him. "So...they did suffer, then..." Tears welled in her eyes and she looked away, not entirely certain whether she wanted confirmation of the truth.

Castiel shook his head. "I don't think they'll be coming after me any time soon. They don't know we've found each other yet, so as long as we lay low and keep that quiet I should be fine." He raised an eyebrow as he looked down at her and the corners of his mouth turned up. "I am capable of rescuing myself, you know." He nudged her gently with his hip. "So where would a murderous fae hide, anyway?"

Dean let out a soft sigh in relief at the fact that she hadn't read them, even if it might've been easier if they had. "Yes, they're about real monsters. But.. they're also about Sammy and I. Our life story to be precise." He explained softly, and you could see both the annoyance toward god for publishing them, and the embarrassment. Those books told everything. Even about her, if he recalled correctly. It was pretty muchbthe story of his life from birth to 2010.

Dean made a face. "Oh, right, sorry. When you met her she was glamoured and called agent brown. Evidentally some of the lore of fae is wrong. There are 4 courts, not 2. Winter, summer, order and dark." he admitted, his thoughts still going a mile a minute. He was trying to keep himself from just telling her the whole gruesome story. He didn't want her to know, even if he knew she kind of had to know. He let out a wince at hearing her, frowning. He really shouldn't have said that. He pulled her close, kissing her shoulder softly. He regretted saying that the moment it came out of his mouth. He'd had to find a way to convince her.

Krystal nodded at him, snuggling close."You're right Cassie. I don't know why I was worrying." She admitted, even if she still couldn't shake the feeling she should be. If only Castiel knew hiw wrongbhe is. By showing up at her castle and by helping her, he'd told the culprit that he was in her arms again. Roreck had his next target, and he would find a way to get Krystal out of the way so he could hurt him. He just had to look through the magic books again.

Krystal let out a soft chuckle. "Of course I do, Cassie. I just don't like seeing you hurt. You know that." She admitted softly, shrugging at his next question, thinking back to what she'd learned from reading books on profiling after she started watching criminal minds. She was amazed at how mortals always came out with such interesting things. "Probably in plain sight. This unsub seems pretty cocky. He'd want yo be invilved in the investigation somehow." She deduced, brow furrowing. Yeah, the fae queen had been watching way to much mortal tv.

Back
Top Bottom