Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Scott smiled as she clung onto him and went to sleep.
"Fear not, my beauty. I'll be here when you next awake."
Scott gave her a kiss on the cheek and closed his eyes. He smiled as he thought of the many happy times he and Jessica were to have in the future. Within moments, he was asleep.

Jessica slept deeply through the night with help from the special bed and yawned as she woke the next morning, rubbing her eyes tiredly and reaching over to snuggle into Scott.

Scott gently opened his eyes and saw Jessica reaching for him. Smiling, he moved into her reach and snuggled her closer to him, giving her a sweet peck on the lips.
"If only we could stay like this forever. I'm always happy being close to you."
He turned his body to face her and gently rubbed her face before taking her hand in his. Bringing it to his lips, he gently kissed it and then leaned his forehead against hers.

Jessica sighed in relief when she felt Scott in her arms and kissed him back softly, opening her eyes slowly as he spoke she smiled and sighed in comfort of his touch before smiling lovingly as he kissed her hand then forehead. "Me too..." She murmured as she kissed his chest right over his heart softly before hugging him tight. "But I think we've missed enough work as of late..."

Scott smiled softly.
"Yeah, Valor Investigations has clients that shouldn't be kept waiting any longer. We should get back to work."
He got up and began to put his clothes on. Looking over at Jessica as she did the same, his heart soared with joy at seeing her so happy.
"Your physical assets are even better than the last time I saw them. Your beauty is also still unmatched by any in existence."

Once they were dressed, he walked over to her and lifted her up so that her legs were wrapped around his waist.
"I missed you."
He kissed her passionately for several minutes before setting her back down again. Brushing some hair from her eyes, he looked into hers and gave her a wink.
"Let's go talk to Alan. He's been a gracious host and deserves a proper goodbye before we head back to Earth."

Jessica nodded and got up, getting dressed as she blushed a little at his comment of her appearance, quickly covering herself with her clothes in embarrassment. She then blinked in surprise and blushed brightly as she was picked up and murmured that she missed him too before she gasped and whimpered softly in the kiss. She then looked up at him shyly and nodded as they left to go talk to Alan.

Alan had returned sometime in the night and was sitting in his courtyard having hot green tea. When Scott and Jessica appeared, he nodded in their direction.
"Thanks for looking after and training Jessica, Alan. I really appreciate it."
Alan stood up and the two shook hands.
"No problem. Also, I have something for you."

Alan flared up in his fire aura, and a portion of it was implanted inside of Scott.
"From here on, you will carry a portion of my Flames of Justice into battle with you. Merge it with Valor's power to burn away evil."
"I'll do that," Scott said before they dropped hands.
Alan turned to Jessica and shook her hand.
"It was great working with you, Jessica."

He smiled and looked at them.
"Now, don't let your true love experience such problems again now. Your love is among the purest I've seen, and I hope it stays that way."
Scott linked his arm with Jessica's and walked with her back to Earth through the Fire Gate. When they passed through, they were in his house as it was before they left.
"Let's head to work," Scott said to Jessica, kissing his cheek and moving to get freshened up a bit in the bathroom.

Jessica smiled a little as Scott was granted the flames and shook Alan's hand back. "You too Alan, thank you for everything." She said before she and Scott headed back to Earth. Her emotions dipping a bit as she remembered the agony she'd last felt in this room, nodding softly as she didn't look at him and began getting ready as well.

After Scott and Jessica were sufficiently ready, they headed to work. He sat down at his desk while Jessica took hers.
"Okay, let's see what case we have here."
He read up on it, and what he saw painted a picture of a woman being stalked. He would need to capture hard proof of the stalker breaking the law and turn it over to the cops.
"You up for another stakeout?" he asked his lovely assistant.

Scott waited for Jessica to return with the water and then went down the elevator with her. They were soon in his vehicle, and drove to the address. Along the way, he gave the file to Jessica for her to read so that she could be caught up on all of the relevant information. He parked in a side alley off of the street their target house was on, pulling up just enough that they could see around the property.
"I'm going to see if I can catch the stalker trying to break into her house tonight. If we come up empty tonight, I'll have a security expert friend of mine put security cameras around the exterior and interior of the house."

Scott checked his watch and saw that they had several hours until nightfall. He had noticed that Jessica had been slightly distant, probably working on forgiving him for his screw-up. He looked over at her and gently took his hand in hers.
"So, how did you get to Alan's realm while I was gone?"
He thought it best if he understood everything that had happened from her perspective. Having him understand her point-of-view would help them move past this.

Scott nodded, also feeling sad.
"That makes sense."
He gently took Jessica's hand in both of his.
"I'm sorry that I left you like that and hurt you. I thought you would be safer if I wasn't in your life. Now I realize that a safe life without happiness is no life at all."

Scott gently kissed Jessica before leaning his forehead against hers.
"You've become such a big part of my life and heart, and now I can't imagine life without you. I won't be leaving you again, that's for sure."
He gently swept some hair out of her eyes and let his strong hand rest on the soft skin of her face.
"I know it will take time, but I'll support you as your heart mends. I've never stopped, nor will I ever stop, loving you with all of my heart, no matter what."

Jessica held his hand and smiled at him sadly as he apologized, nodding in agreement at his statement about a safe life without happiness.

She sighed softly in comfort at his kiss before blushing a little as he mentioned how big a part of his life she was. She nuzzled his hand softly and blushed a little more at his words and smiled softly at him, her eyes getting a little teary. "Thank you..."

Scott nodded and smiled, reluctantly tearing his eyes away from hers to focus on his work. Hours passed, and he made small-talk with Jessica as the sun went down. This was where the real focus had to come in on, and he put a pair of professional-grade binoculars to his eyes. Flicking a switch, he switched to night vision, which allowed him a perfect view of the front entrance. If the stalker were to try and come through the front, Scott would be able to be there in an instant.
"Jessica, have your phone ready to dial 911 and direct them to this address the instant I spot him."

Jessica nodded and had her phone out and ready as Scott instructed, watching nervously though she couldn't see well without the nightvision binoculars Scott had.

Scott waited and watched, tensed to spot the tiniest movement. However, hours passed and he saw no sign of an intruder. No lights came on and there was no noise, so the stalker had not entered the house through a back or side door. When the sun came up, Scott took out his phone and called his client, hoping that she would answer to prove that she was still alive.
"Hello?" a groggy voice on the other end answered.
"Miss Moon, it's me, Scott, the private detective you hired. Sorry to call you so early, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
He then explained to her that he was going to have a security expert friend of his come in and install security cameras later in the day.

After he hung up, Scott turned to Jessica.
"Thanks for hanging in there."
He yawned, showing how tired he was.
"However, our all-nighter's not over yet. Let's get home and refuel with some coffee."
Starting the vehicle, he began the drive home.

Once they reached the house, he sat down and had Jessica brew up a fresh pot of coffee.
"So here's the plan. My security friend Jack will install the cameras, and then we'll move Ms. Moon here for her own safety. The security feed will be connected to a laptop, which you will be watching. I'll watch the front of the house, and we'll keep an open cellular line between us so that you can let me know the instant you spot him if I don't spot him first. Then I'll move in to make the citizens' arrest while you call the police to get them on the way."

Scott folded his hands.
"Making the citizens' arrest is definitely going to be the most dangerous part. The guy could have a gun, a knife, or who knows what else. However, I have to make sure that he doesn't get away before the police arrive. He didn't show up last night, so I'm betting it will be tonight. If we work together as a team, we'll have this sleazeball in jail by the end of the day."

Jessica struggled not to fall asleep as they rode back and tiredly put together a pot of strong coffee, listening to Scott as he spoke. She nodded in understanding as he finished and the coffee finished as well, pouring them each a cup as they liked it she walked over and as she handed him his she kissed his cheek and nodded. "Alright, be careful ok?" She murmured as she stood beside him and sipped her coffee, absentmindedly running her hand over his shoulders and upper back. Seems she was extra affectionate when she was sleepy.

Scott smiled as she handed him his coffee.
"Thank you, and I will."
He sipped the coffee and enjoyed the affectionate rubbing. After taking about fifteen minutes to enjoy the coffee, he stood up and checked his watch.
"I have to meet Jack at the house. I'll see you in about twenty minutes."

Scott got up and placed the cup on the counter before turning and giving Jessica a sweet kiss on the lips. He walked out and drove over to Ms. Moon's house, where Jack met him. He pulled out a ladder and climbed up, while Scott handed him the supplies to screw in. About ten minutes later, they were finished and Scott headed back to the house. He didn't have to be back at the house until nightfall, so he had plenty of time to spend with Jessica. Coming into the kitchen, he wrapped his arms around her from behind and pulled her close to him.
"I need some rest before tonight. Care to keep me company?"

Jessica nodded and kissed him back softly before he left. She was doing the dishes when he came back and smiled softly as he hugged her from behind, nodding as she turned her head to kiss him. "Sounds great." She said, drying her hands.

Scott smiled and gently took her hand,leading her into the bedroom after she was done drying her hands. After setting an alarm for that evening, he laid down in the bed and waited patiently as she joined him. Pulling the covers up to his neck, he put both arms around Jessica's waist to pull her close to him as he turned on his side to face her. After giving her a sweet peck on the lips, he closed his eyes and fell asleep quickly as the all-nighter caught up to him. His relief at being able to hold Jessica and spend time with her whenever he wanted had also set him at ease, and the fact that he didn't have to worry much about her safety again. Being able to snuggle his love close after how hard he had fought to get back to her was a wonderful sensation, and her sweet smiling face was an ever-present fixture in his mind.

Jessica smiled as she crawled into bed with him and sighed happily as she buried into his chest, relishing in the comfort of his arms around her and also very quickly was fast asleep, murmuring softly in comfort in her sleep.

Scott was resting peacefully when the alarm suddenly went off. His eyes snapped open and he quickly closed them again as the sleepiness of just waking up washed over him. Turning over onto his back, he turned off the alarm and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He planted his feet on the floor and then got up, waiting for Jessica to join him. After making a fresh cup of coffee for her, he got together and prepared to go out.
"I'll head over and call you so that we have an open cell line between us."

Scott gave her a hug and a kiss, listened to her parting words, and then walked out the door. Getting into his SUV, he started it up, backed out of the driveway, and then began the drive to Miss Moon's house. Once he was there, he parked the car, turned it off, and made the call to Jessica as promised.
"All right, now I need you to keep a close eye on that laptop, as it's got the security feed. As soon as you see him, let me know where he is and call the police. I'll take care of it from there."

Back
Top Bottom