Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Jessica had been fairly quiet and distant throughout the week, obviously something was bugging her but she never let on what. "What kind of fun?" She asked as she looked up at him.

Scott thought about it.
"Well, how about we have a barbecue and play some basketball this weekend? We could use the time together."
He had noticed that Jessica had been quiet and distant throughout the week, but every time he had asked, she had never told him what was bugging her. He thought that maybe if they spent some time together, she would feel better.

Scott nodded.
"Cool."
He sat down in the diner and ordered a Pepsi and cheeseburger.
"So, are you going to tell me what's been bothering you this week. And don't say nothing's wrong, because I know that's not true."
He gently took her hand and hoped that she would tell him what was going on.

Jessica ordered an orange soda and a burger as well before looking over at him and sighing softly. "It's just... It's been hard that we haven't been able to spend much time together. I have to leave before you for work, you don't get home till the early morning hours for work... I just thought we'd get to see each other more once I moved in... But it feels like I'm seeing you less..."

Scott looked at her sympathetically. It had been different since coming home, since they had been able to spend so much time together during the search for Blood Wolf.
"Well, I have to work long hours because of my job..."
Suddenly, an idea came to him.
"Hey, Jessica. What if I hired you on as my assistant investigator?"

He leaned forward.
"Since we'd be working together, you could come with me on my stakeouts. We'll be able to spend lots of time together."
Scott smirked.
"You may even get sick of me."
He thought that it was a great solution to her trouble, and he could pay her more than she was working as a front desk secretary.

"To be a licensed private investigator, yes. But being an investigative assistant doesn't require all that. You'd basically accompany me on stakeouts, takes notes, and maybe do some computer searches back at the office. I could give you on the job training using the software, but it's pretty basic and I don't use it much."
Scott gently squeezed her hand.
"So, what do you think of becoming my assistant?"

Scott nodded.
"Okay. It's a good idea to let him know."
He bit into his cheeseburger and thought that it tasted great.
"You know, if it was just us not spending enough time together that was the issue, you could have told me sooner. You had me worried it was something big."
He took a sip of his Pepsi and set it down before eating some more.

Scott chuckled.
"There's nothing needy about wanting to spend more time with me. From now on, if you want to spend quality time together, just let me know. I'll always make time for you, Jessica."
He scooted his chair closer to her and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips.
"After all, you're the person I love the most in the whole world."

Scott smiled at her.
"You're so adorable when you blush like that."
He kissed her again, this time more passionately. When he pulled away, he put his arms around her and held her close.
"You're the best Jessica."
He looked into her eyes and gave her a wink.

Jessica blushed more at his compliment then gasped softly at the kiss, blushing even more because of it before looking up at him shyly. After a moment she chuckled and hugged him, resting her head on his shoulder. "I love you..."

Scott put his arms around Jessica.
"I love you, too, babe. I don't know what I did to get a great woman like you."
How long they embraced he did not know, but it was long enough to be emotionally satisfying on his end. When they separated, he stood up and put his arm around her.
"I'll walk you back to work, sweetheart."

When Scott and Jessica reached the lobby, he turned to her.
"I'll be up in my office. Come see me after you talk to your supervisor."
He gave her a kiss on the cheek and then went to the elevator. After taking it up, he sat down in his office and reviewed some cases. He was also thinking about the machines and the man who had built them to steal money for him, but to what end?

Jessica smiled a little at the kiss and nodded. "Alright." She said then headed to her supervisor's office on the first floor and spoke with them, saying she was offered a job in the building and putting in her week notice so they could find another person to work the front desk. After it was all sorted out she went up to Scott's office, knocking on the door. "Hey." She said with a smile.

Scott looked up as Jessica knocked on the door and entered his office.
"Hey, babe."
He got up and went to her, giving her a kiss.
"So, how did the talk with your supervisor go? Are you ready to start work?"
He put his arms around her waist and held her close while looking into her eyes.

Jessica sighed happily in the kiss and smiled as he held her, sort of nuzzling into his chest as she replied. "I'll need to be on call for a week while they find someone to train to replace me, but I can start work whenever you're ready for me."

Scott nodded, loving how she nuzzled into his chest.
"Well, our first case is off the books. I'm investigating that guy who built those robots to steal for him."
Letting go of Jessica, he walked toward the elevator.
"We need to get home and get that head I saved. We can take it to an electronics expert I know and see if we can get a lead on who made it."

Scott drove the car back to the apartment and went inside. He got the head out of the closet and brought it back to the car.
"There's a guy that runs an electronics shop a couple blocks from here named Lee Hester. He's helped me out a few times on cases and I got a lot of my surveillance gear from him when I was just getting started in the business."
Scott pulled the car out and began driving that way. Lee's business, aptly named Leetronics, was in a run-down building in a neighborhood that was desperately in need of urban renewal, but the people here were solid and dependable.

Back
Top Bottom