Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Scott held Jessica close as they fell asleep together. The next morning, Scott awoke and put some breakfast on. When Jessica came into the kitchen, he smiled and gave her a kiss.
"Good morning, beautiful."
He made her a plate and set it on the table.
"I have to head to the bank to drop off a deposit before I head to work," he said, fixing his own plate of breakfast.

Jessica hurried out of the bedroom once she woke up and looked at the food, looking apologetic. "Oh, love, I'm sorry. I don't have time. I overslept. I'm supposed to be at the building at 6 before anyone else arrives. It's my job to open up the building." She said as she hurried out the door.

Scott watched as she hurried out of their home, saying that she was late to open the building.
"Oh, okay. I guess I'll see you later then?"
He covered her plate in plastic wrap and set it in the fridge before eating his own. After a shower and shave, he got dressed and grabbed an envelope of money to put in the bank. Getting into his vehicle, he made the five minute drive and headed inside.

Once inside, however, it was clear that no one would be making a deposit. The bank was being robbed, and the perpetrator looked like the same strange, humanoid being that he had fought some time ago. Dressed from head-to-toe in black, he knew that it possessed deceptive durability, enough to withstand a few blows from his Fists of Valor. Scott ducked into the bathroom and hurriedly put on his armor before coming out to face the enemy. Taking aim with his Shining Fist, which possessed ten times the power of his normal Fist of Valor, he hoped to put it down in a single strike. Aiming for the center of its gravity at the solar plexus, he fired the blast, calculating that his aim should strike true.

The Shining Fist struck dead-on and propelled the robber through the wall. It had penetrated the back, so Scott expected his foe to be down for the count. However, with smoke still pouring from the hole, his opponent came back. There was a large hole in his stomach, and exposed wires that were crackling exposed his foe as mechanical. This meant that someone had either programmed it or was controlling it remotely, and he would have to track them down. Without warning, however, the robot rushed him, grabbing him in a tackle that took him through the door.

Scott was able flip before hitting the ground, which threw off his foe. However, the robot came back and began throwing strikes that showed proficiency in martial arts. Scott warded off the blows and countered with a Fist of Valor strike to the face that put a good dent in it. Knowing that the information he needed was probably in the head, Scott switched tactics and threw another Fist as an uppercut, which separated the head from the shoulders. No longer able to function, the useless body crumpled to the ground. Scott retrieved the head and made a beeline for a side alley.

With no way to conceal the head, Scott rushed back to his SUV and hurriedly left the parking lot. He drove home and went into the house, setting it in his closet. He would take a look at it later for some clues, but for now, he had to get to work. Getting back into his SUV, he drove to his building to sign in and look over some files. He gave Jessica a smile as he passed and went into the elevator. As he went up, he thought that this business with the robots was troubling, and that he needed to get to the bottom of it.

Scott looked through his files and saw nothing that was incredibly pressing. This meant that he would continue on the case to see if the lawyer was a cheater or not. He went back down into the lobby and gave Jessica a wave as he went out the door. Getting into his SUV, he drove it to the law practice and set up another round of surveillance. If today would be like yesterday, he did not expect to see much. Although, with bank-robbing robots on the loose, perhaps he had already had enough excitement for that day.

Scott followed the lawyer when he left for his office, but it turned out that he was just getting breakfast for himself. The entire rest of the morning, he ate at the office and stayed there. At lunch, Scott headed back to the office and approached Jessica at the front desk.
"Hey, babe. Why don't we go for a walk and grab a bite at a sidewalk cafe?"
Since she had been forced to run out on breakfast, he had missed not seeing her for most of the day so far.

Jessica looked up and smiled gently at him. "Alright." She said as she set out the sign-out sheet and the 'away for lunch' sign before following him outside, holding his hand with a smile.

Scott was happy that she accepted his invitation and returned her smile with his own. He held her hand as they walked outside, the warmth of the sun making the walk refreshing. They found a sidewalk cafe a couple streets up and sat down. A waitress soon arrived and handed them some menus before taking their drink order. Scott ordered a glass of lemon water and browsed what he wanted.
"You look great today, Jessica."

(I love your new avatar. It's adorable.)

Scott smiled.
"You're welcome."
He browsed the menu and decided to order a chicken sandwich. When the waitress came back, he handed her the menu after Jessica had placed her order and folded his hands.
"There's a new threat in town. Before we left town to hunt down Blood Wolf, I encountered some kind of machine that was robbing a bank."

Scott took a sip of his lemon water.
"Before I got to work, I encountered another such machine. It appears that someone is building humanoid machines to steal for them. They are very durable and highly-dangerous. I kept the head from one of them and I'm hoping that I can use it to track down the maker. So far, no one innocent has been hurt, but I don't want to take a chance on that happening, and so this person must be stopped quickly."

(thanks :3)

Jessica ordered a steak and cheese wrap before looking over at him worriedly as he spoke of the new threat. "I see... be careful ok?" She asked, reaching over and squeezing his hand worriedly.

Scott smiled as Jessica gently squeezed his hand.
"I will be."
He gently squeezed her hand back and then kissed it. When the food came, he took a bite of his chicken sandwich and enjoyed it. He pondered over the day ahead, wondering what would become of the client's husband that he was watching. He had hopes that he would be able to spend the evening with Jessica, so that they could enjoy this first day of them living together.

Scott noticed that Jessica seemed to be a little out of it.
"Is everything okay, babe?"
The way she was staring out the window had him wondering what was going through her mind. Was she concerned for him? Was she overwhelmed by what had been going on lately? Scott gently took her hand and squeezed it to try and reassure her.

Scott nodded.
"Okay."
He finished eating and checked his watch.
"Well, I'd better get back to work. I'll see you back at the house."
He stood up and gave her a kiss on the cheek, leaving money to cover the bill.

Scott drove his vehicle back to the attorney's office and waited for him to exit. It was after dark when his quarry finally did leave, and Scott followed him surreptitiously. At one in the morning, he pulled into his driveway and went inside. Having done this for a second night in a row, Scott was puzzled as to why his client's story didn't match up. Headed home, he parked in his driveway and went inside.
"I'm home, babe," he called out as he stepped inside and locked the door behind him.

Scott checked in his bedroom and found Jessica fast asleep. He smiled and gave her a kiss on the temple, thinking that she looked peaceful. He changed into some comfortable clothes and got into bed, pulling her close to him. Within a few minutes, he was asleep. The next morning, he awoke first and made sure to wake Jessica up so that she wouldn't be late to open up the building. As he sipped a cup of coffee, he stood outside the bathroom door while she got ready.
"Hey, babe, is everything okay? You seemed kind of down yesterday."

Jessica glanced out the bathroom door as she brushed her teeth and spat out the foam before replying as she rinsed off her toothbrush. "I'm fine, it's nothing to worry about."

Scott nodded as she replied.
"Okay. But just know, if you need to talk about anything, I'm here."
He went into the kitchen and made some breakfast. Since Jessica would have to go, he made her a bacon, egg, and cheese wrap and set it on the table. When she came out, he handed it to her with a kiss on the cheek.
"Here you go, babe. I'll see you at work."

Once Jessica had left, Scott got showered and got dressed before heading to work. Throughout the week, he followed the lawyer and saw that everyday he was home at one AM. On Friday of that week, he brought in his client to discuss his findings.
"Mrs. Rosewood, my findings are that your husband is not cheating on you. He has been coming home every night this week at one AM, and my theory is that he works for a couple more hours before coming to bed. It seems that he is just a workaholic."

Mrs. Rosewood thanked him for his findings and paid him his final fee before leaving. It was getting close to closing time and Scott took the elevator downstairs. He found Jessica in the lobby and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"Hey, babe."
As they left the building together, he turned to her.
"Why don't we have some fun this weekend?"

Back
Top Bottom