The Gotham Connection (Applepoisoneer--MysteriousD)

Diego awaited for his beloved to come back and he savored being with her for the rest of the night. He was happy being with Harley.

The Next Day...

Diego went out for heroing in the early afternoon and didn't come up until evening. He was limping and he had some wounds when he entered inside ofhis abode with Harley. Everything hurt, but he managed to achieve a personal victory today.

-------------------------------

Edward finished his meal with Bea and savored the rest of the night that he was there with her. He liked spending time with her.

The Next Day...

When Bea would arrive home from the grocery store, she would've gotten a messege from Edward in regards to him having working on a quick detective case and hoping to finish it up soon. It's a been a little while now though there is something odd about it...

"Geez, D!" Harley exclaimed, taking off the oven mitts she'd been wearing and rushing to Cardshark when he'd come through the door. "You look like hell! Tough night?" She asked more as a joke, but had already assumed it had been.

"...and you haven't heard anything from him?" Bea waited for a response on the other line with the GCPD, but things did not sound good. "Well, okay, I suppose I can wait a little longer. Maybe he's just... really caught up. But keep an ear to the ground, alright?" She hung up the phone with a defeated clang and glared at the meal she'd set on the table. "I wonder where he could be.

"Yeah. I encountered someone I didn't expect. I thought he wouldn't escape," Cardshark said as he leaned down on the sofa, nursing the wounds. He didn't expect the Joker to escape, but when he ehard the Joker was looking for Harley, he made sure the Joker would not get that chance, even if it meant becoming a bit more violent than he usually was.

-------------------------------------------

The Riddler found himself solving yet another puzzle while avoiding a gunshot. This simple case turned out to be a trap and while these puzzles seemed easy, his time as a detective taught him to read between the lines and he realized something was up.

He had shut down his phone, trying to make sure he couldn't be tracked by the foe, though it was still sending a signal and the SOS signal he tried to send ad it ened up sending... to Bea.

"It was..." Harley cleared her throat, finding the name stuck there. "It was the Joker, wasn't it?" She hated him. She saw red at the very thought of him hurting Cardshark. She'd ring his neck with her bare hands if she ever got the chance. "Here, let me help, sweetie."

She went to the freezer and took out a few ice packs and brought them to Cardshark, sitting at his side and placin one over his eye. She patted his hand soothingly. "Get some rest here on the couch."

"What does that mean?" Bea wondered aloud, gazing at the S.O.S written in a text from Edward. She knew the obvious meaning, but he couldn't possibly be asking her for help? Right? Still, perhaps she should investigate. Edward was over an hour and a half late and she was very worried.

The dispatcher at the police station had accidentally let it slip that his search had started in Olde Gotham while she was asking where he might be. She was sure he wasn't supposed to have told her, but she was glad she had a place to start.

She made her way down to Olde Gotham, about fifteen minutes from where she lived. After checking around, she found a secured crime scene and examined it over the yellow tape surrounding it.

Diego, now in his civilian guise, nodded at her. He then saw the ice packs and smiled when she sat next to him. He sat on the cpuch and was leaning n her, savoring her presence, happy to be with her.

"Sent him back to Arkham though," he said with a smirk as he snuggled up to her, being happy with being wth her.

------------------------------------------

There was a clue on there for Bea to read. Unlike riddles, it was some sort of trivia question, one that involved deductive reasoning and it was written in orange. The answer was written in green and there was a bit of a path and puzzles solved ahead.

The Riddler just matched in a game of wits, but it looked like there wer a few unsolved puzzles or rather trivia questions.

Granted, there were some strange picture pieces on some of the remaining cards. They look like they would make some sort of picture.

"My hero." Harley purred, leaning close to him and kissing his cheek. Carefully, she settled herself in next to him and rested her head on his arm.

...................................................................................

Bea gathered the cards as best she could, though it looked like she were missing one or two. In the end, it didn't matter. She could tell it wwas an anchor. Did this mean he was at the docks? It wasn't a stretchk, as Olde Gotham was the last step in town before hitting the harbor. Carefully, without drawing any attention to herself, she made her way toward the sound of seaguls and the billow of smoke that indicated the docks.

Diego was happy being with Harley. "He wanted to hurt you and I would not let. I won't let him hurt you again," Diego told her with determination as he hugged her before he kissed her gently, a smile on his face.

-----------------------------------------

Over, there was also a bunch of stuff and ships on the harbor. However, there were a few things that people with strong deductive minds could pick up. In the lights, there was a buffed-up green hat, usually well-known t belong to Eddie. There were also some stuff like a crowbar nearby and besides that, there wasn't much but a couple of dock workers.

Back
Top Bottom