Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

“Well, in the normal world, men don’t get pregnant!”Alex whined looking sulky that he was getting teased before bounding to his feet, shaking a finger at them all. “I’m gonna tell Gabe that you’re all being mean, and we’ll see how you like that!”Alex said walking out of the room in a huff. “....Is he going to be like this the whole pregnancy?”Belladonna said looking interested, since it was rare for fae to have alot of children, she was one of the youngest, so she didn’t get to see a lot of pregnant people, and she found alex’s reaction interesting, since he was usually so unruffled.

"N-n-normal-l-l? D-d-dear boy. humans-s-s where st-t-till-l-l poking st-t-ticks-s-s in-n-n mud-d-d trying t-t-to creat-t-te fire when-n-n i was a child-d-d." Oberon pointed out. "Humans are the new species on the block, not the 'normal' ones. in truth, they are... well they are parasitic in nature." Cernunnos admitted. "i still remember owning a pet Dinosaur you know?" he asked with a smile. "it was a cute little thing. my mother made me get rid of it when it bit my pinky toe off." he admitted. "the humans are getting much better though. for a while there we feared we wouldn't be able to keep up with their destruction and where going to have to... ah, well. anyway." James choked, stunned by the idea that Cernunnos would have led his people, which numbered at most, in the thousands, against 3.5billion people. more shocking, James was pretty sure that Cernunnos would have won. he wouldn't even had to leave home. the animals all around the world would do it for him. that would have been super scary as hell. James couldn't even find fault in the reasoning because this was, really, the Fey's world. huans where just, new roommates.

“Oh....yes. I guess humans are the ones that came after.”Alex said frowning a little, looking a little freaked out at the idea, even if he still went to find Gabe. Snuggling into his lover, to upset and feeling off balance with everything. “Yes, the humans were very pesky. They make it hard for the wild places to have a spot in the world, even if the wild places were where we all came from. Fae or huamn.”Sith made a face at that, sighing softly. “My mom made me get rid of my kitten after the damned thing was teething and accidently speared me with a tooth. I was very put out at that.”Sith snorted a little grinning at how shocked james looked at the idea. “Don’t worry. We’ve moved on from killing them. It wouldn’t do any good now, not when our current decline is happening for internal reasons, and not because of the humans.”Sith said smiling slightly.

Gabe smiled at his lover and tucked him close, kissing his forehead. "what has you so upset?" he asked softly, his head tilted. "do i need to go hurt someone?" he asked, worried about his lover.

"it was not the damage to the light and the dark elves that was moving m hand." Cernunnos. "it was the fact that if they kept on the way they where, there would have been no saving the planet. we all would have died from radiation, poison and pollution within the decade." he admitted. "they have seriously cut back, and the Wild is reacting much stronger, working harder to keep itself going. for now, we are at a stalemate. should the humans decline again, i fear we may have no other recourse. death won't be the first option however. shutting down their smog factories will be the first step. they might be able to get them up and running again, but it would take several years." Cernunnos admitted. Oberon nodding. "You Forget-t-t T-t-t Mention-n-n Th-th-that-t-t Th-th-the Kitt-t-ten-n-n in-n-n Quest-t-tion-n-n was-s-s s-s-sixt-t-ty pou-pou-poun-n-nd-d-dss--s." he really staggered over the last word., fighting the stutter, not because it embarrassed him but because his brain couldn't formulate how to sound it out with three trigger letters right next to each other.

"Everyone knew I was pregnant before I was! And I didn't know I could get pregnant!I'm male!"alexwhined pressing his face against gabe chest cuddling and demanding.

Belladonna looked thoughtful and nodded at that."makes sense. At least it's locked in a stalemate, and we can start fixing things now."she muttered thoughtfully before snickering at oberon's words. "I didn't forget. It just wasn't important. It was still a kitten!"sith whined a little making a face, simply glad to have his friend there and able to tease and joke with him again. It felt good.

Gabe blinked a little. "i'm sorry. to be honest, i didn't know you could get pregnant either. i mean, i'd heard of it. full blooded demons are usually gender-less, of sorts. they can choose to be male or female of course but every full demon can become pregnant." he admitted. "i didn't know Fey men could get pregnant." he admitted, rubbing the others back. "i'm glad though... i get to have a baby with you." he admitted, smiling.

Oberon snickered and Cernunnos laughed and shook his head. "You n-n-need-d-ded-d-d S-s-sixt-t-teen-n-n St-t-tit-t-tches-s-s!" Oberon pointed out making James snicker because he hadn't been much better. he had found a baby alligator and hidden it at the end f his bed and he'd needed nearly twenty three stitches after it decided his foot was food.

“Neither did I, but it would have been nice for them to tell me, they knew!”Alex grumbled pressing closer to gabe, upset and knowing he was being ridiculous. “Yes. Me to. I want kids. But I don’t know if I’ll be good at it. I mean, I’ve been a terrible twin, I’m gonna be horrible.”he muttered.

“Yea, well it wasn’t the worst I’ve been hurt.”Sith snorted before smirking at James. “And don’t give me that look, I heard about that alligator.” “...Alligator?”Belladonna looked amused as she tilted her head, looking interested.

"I don't think they realized you didn't know." Gabe admitted softly, nuzzling the other. "they weren't being mean on purpose i'm sure." he admitted. "they adore you, you know." he admitted with a smile. "how about i rub your feet?" he offered. normally, Ale stood on them all day and by the time they got home he was sore and aching and a foot rub was his favorite thing in the world. "you'll be a great father." he promised. "and you are a wonderful twin. you think i didn't notice that you checked on James every week without fail to make sure he wasn't starving? even when you here so furious you wouldn't talk to him, you still looked after him, like a good brother." Gabe promised with a smile. "and anyway, i've been a father before, remember? i'll be there to help you." he promised

"there was no Alligator. that was a dirty, dirty lie." James huffed, mumbling that he was glad they hadn't found out about the nest of cockroaches he'd been breeding under his bed to freak out the otherkids who had been picking on them. "....Gross-s-s James-s-s."

Alex frowned thinking it over before nodding as he was nuzzled.”Yea, I guess so.”He muttered before nodding, looking eager for the foot rub before he headed for their rooms. “A foot rub would be amazing.”Even if he wasn’t on his feet all day at the moment, it would be good to have one. “....you think so?”Alex sniffled a little, calming though. Frowning a little, as he huffed slightly. “Well, I couldn’t trust him to take care of himself could I?”He grumbled before looking at the other as gabe started to rub his feet. “Yes....I guess you have been it’ll be okay.”He said starting to relax.

“.....I think you’re the dirty, dirty liar.”Belladonna teased looking at the man amused before yawning, tired but not wanting to leave, it was so good to see oberon like this, that she didn’t want to leave his company yet, not when james was so happy to be around the father he hadn’t been sure how to react around

"Good. i like rubbing your feet." he admitted. anything that made his lover happy was something Gabe greatly enjoyed. "i know so." Gab assured him. "and if you voices that particular worry to James, he'd be sure to say so too." he admitted with a smile. "No, of course not. never mind that Loki was looking after him." Gabe agreed, looking amused. "not that i can blame you for not trusting that particular kettle of fish." he admitted with a small grin. "it will be fine. besides, we have Sith, Cernunnos, Oberon, Coatl, Crystall, Belladonna and a whole host of others to offer assistance too. we'll be more than fine." he promised with a smile.

"i am not!" he huffed before watching her yawn, Oberon mimicking her action. "Alright. time to go. Oberon is flagging. he needs a lot of rest." Cernunnos ordered, making Oberon, and James, whine in protest even if Oberon was already settling in for a nap and James was getting to his feet. "sleep well." James said, hesitating before smiling at Oberon. "Sleep well Father." "He Call-l-led-d-d me Fath-th-ther!" Oberon gasped, looking utterly delighted.

“I know you do.”Alex muttered before making a face at Gabe, though they both knew he’d never mention it to James, not unless he wanted yelled at. “....those two should never be allowed looking after themselves. Though, at least Loki can cook.”He muttered sighing quietly, actually starting to settle into a nap now that he was relaxing.

“Yes....come on James. You can visit him later.”Belladonna said laughing a little grinning widely at Oberon’s delight. “Come on james. I want a nap.”she said having every intention of using him as her pillow.

A few days later Belladonna smiled as she held onto Oberon’s arm, helping him down the stairs while Alex helped him from the other side. “It’s nice out. I think you’ll like being here, Uncle.”She said smiling at him, delighted that she could show him the grounds, even if they were only going outback for a picnic.

Gabe smiled as he rubbed his lovers feet. "No they really shouldn't. we have plenty of help watching them now though." he admitted happily, smiling as his lover napped. this was the perfect life really.

"a nap? yeah i could go for a nap." James agreed, fighting back a yawn of his own.

Oberon had a lot of trouble with his legs. the potions had disintegrated his mind to the point that he had to relearn how to walk which was why he needed the help. he was doing quite well. "I'm Rath-th-ther Exc-c-cit-t-ted-d-d t-t-to meet-t-t th-th-thos Z-z-ziz-z-za everyon-n-ne is-s-s T-t-tal-l-lkng about-t-t." he admitted, eager to get some sunshine and fresh air for the first time in decades.

“You should be. It seems Ziza is someone you all want to meet.”Alex grinned, because he knew no one had told him who Ziza was exactly, only that he needed to meet him. Grinning wider at the sight of the unicorn waiting for them he moved over to the chair that was waiting for oberon, helping him sit down. “Ziza!Come here, would you?”Loki said smiling as he walked out behind them.

"I wish you'd-d-d just-t-t t-t-tell-l-l me who it-t-t is-s-s!" he whined, sulking a little but sinking into the chair gratefully, more than worn out from the short walk but the doctor said it was important for him to exert himself once and a while. "Merc-c-ciful-l-l Moon-n-n." Oberon whispered, realizing who Ziza was, the Unicorn prancing over to Loki who always had sugar cubes for him and then turned to snort at Oberon and sniff at his face. mostly because Oberon seamed too stunned to actually do anything.

“No, that’s not nearly as funny. You have to wait.”Alex grinned a little as they got him settled into the chair. “Hey, Ziza.”Loki said laughing out loud at oberon’s words, petting the unicorn’s head. “You greedy little horse.”He teased as he gave the horse his sugar cubes, snickering out loud as oberon was sniffed. “Don’t do that Ziza. He probably wont like it.” “It’s okay. At least he’s not licking oberon.”Belladonna snickered before tensing, frowning a little as she looked around. Listening to the birds, and trying to find what had upset them

Oberon grinned when he snapped out of it and stroked the Unicorn's long neck, amazed to see such a being. he had thought them extinct. hadn't seen one since he was a small boy. he squealed, like a little girl, when Ziza licked him. James glanced at Belladonna, worried before he hissed in rage. "there's a Poacher on my land." he snarled, looking utterly furious. "Ziza. stay here." he ordered firmly when the Unicorn screamed in rage and reared, reacting to the sudden deaths of several animals. Cernunnos stepped forward and set his hand on James shoulder, power flaring as they both tapped into the natural energy resource in the earth and spread their senses, looking for the poachers. this entire area was listed as a natural reserve. James had paid good money to make sure no one could hunt on his land or try to relocate any of the animals within it. that someone would dare, DARE to hunt HIS animals on HIS land... they would pay.

Alex tensed, though he could fight and protect himself, if things were that bad, he was going to take both himself and oberon inside, the two weakest members of their party at the moment, moved out of the fight. “Wait!It’s not poachers!”Belladonna said reaching for the others, even as she stumbled slightly, mentally assaulted by the images the birds were giving her. “It’s mab. Loki, get alex and oberon inside. There’s a panic room.”Belladonna said as she shifted forms, flying high to figure out where the queen of darkness was, making big swooping circles before landing again. “She’s having problems with the wards. She can’t get through. Not yet. But she will.”She panted scared and upset, because she’d seen mab in a fight. While you could stand against her, it rarely went well.

"Not Poachers?" James asked, letting the magic settle back down. it was one of the reasons he had chosen this place, the magical animals converged there. it was why he was allowed to nam it a sanctuary. Ziza alone was reason enough to declair every last centimeter of land protected. "M-m-mab-b-b!" Oberon gasped, terror spiking his stutter into overdrive and sending him into a fit of shakes. after cnturies trapped to her, just the idea of her being there flung him into a terror so intense he couldn't function. when Loki moved him, he just clung to Alex and shivered.

"Gabe. go inside. protect Alex and Oberon with your life." James ordered, Gabe nodding because his pregnant husband was all he could think about. "What are you thinking, James?" Cernunnos demanded, wary as James turned to face the direction of the 'wicked witch of the shadows'. "I'm thinking we end this." he admitted. "i constructed those wards on my own before i even had a grasp over what limited magic i had." he admitted. "she's weak. too weak to actually pose any threat. it might be a trap, i'm sure it's a trap, but she needs to die. you all said it." he admitted before looking at Ziza. "come, Ziza. we'll get your armor." he said, the horse rearing back and screaming a battle cry, eager to fight, eager to carry James into battle and sure enough it only took ten minutes before James was out of the tables wearing a decked out Ziza, looking very much like the king he would someday be. "they will think twice before angering someone sitting astride a black unicorn." "Wait." Cernunnos ordered, reaching into a tree, one of the branches curling and twisting, smoothing out and dropped into Cernunnos' hand. a gleaming crown of wood, which he arranged on James head. "there. now you look the part."

“No. It’s not.”Belladonna swallowed hard, looking pale as she realized what it was. “We’re going. She wont have you again. I promise.”Alex said as he looked at loki, waving him back. “stay. Help James. Me and gabe can get him upsetairs.”He promised already heading for the door. Because he was more the human strong, and not that pregnant yet, so carrying even a full grown man wasn’t that hard.

“..yes....if she hasn’t broken wards that were made long ago, then she really has lost it.”Belladonna muttered looking up at Ziza and james even as she held a hand in front of her, smiling slightly as her clothes slid into the light metal armor favored by the fae. “Well. Let’s go see to the wicked witch.”belladonna muttered as she moved towards the forest, standing next ot cernunnos, eyes widening as she saw mab crossing through the woods. She’d gotten through, but it seemed it had cost her. The woman looked drawn, worn down. As if having lost Oberon, it was battering her to pieces. And it was. Without having oberon there to guard and protect her as much as he had, the ramifications of twisting magic so much, was hitting her with backwash and destroying her. "Give me my husband!Now!"

Gabe hovered anxiously over his pregnant mate and the once king of the Seelie and gathered them both close to him once they where in the panic room, murmuring ancient lullabies to keep them both calm.

James nodded. "maybe this will be easier than i thought?" James muttered, worried about his further action. if he killed or detained Mab there would be no other choice. he would step up and have to become Kng of the Unseelie. was he ready to do that?... yes. he had huge support from Belladonna, Cernunnos and ven Oberon. they wouldn't let him go down the same path Mab did. "Your husband? i'm afraid i have no idea what you are talking about." James admitted, watching the dark army she had managed to gather, just as weak as she. she was counting on her numbers to overwhelm them it seamed. "You never had a husband. just a puppet you spelled and potioned. Oberon will never again lead his people because of the damage to his ind you inflicted upon him using our love potions." James admitted. "My Father, who cannot even walk on his own. he would be useless to you even if i was so heartless and without morals to hand him back over to you." James admitted, unleashing as much of his power as he could, like an uncurling flower. "I Am James DeLucas Byrne and I Am The Rightful King to the Unseelie Throne!" He intoned, letting his power wash over the entire area. "Hear My Words and Know They Are Truth! Stand Down, or Die."

“Yes...maybe.”Belladonna muttered tense and worried as she watched. Eyes widening as she saw the queen of the unseelie. The woman really was coming undone now that she wasn’t truly queen anymore. “I did no such thing. You ahve hurt him, return him to me, to where he really belongs, at home.”Mab demanded flinching as the magic washed over her. “No!NO! You are not king, brat. You are not the rightful ruler here!” “You know he is, Lady Mab. Back down.”Sith snarled crouching and ready to attack, glaring as she walked closer. As if she didn’t think they’d really kill her.

James swung a single leg and dismounted as graceful and effortlessly as any Noble Lord and advanced on Mab. "Magic has taken it's toll on you, Mab, False Queen. She who murders babies." he said, forcing power to keep running through his voice. Cernunnos had said as long as you where channeling magic, you could not lie. Magic would not allow it. "I am King." James informed them all again. "Stand Down." he ordered, focusing on Mab again. "You do not have any strength left, False Queen. Magic has cursed you for using Love potions on a man, and stealing him away from his soul mate. Magic is punishing you for ordering the death of babies and innocents. Magic is punishing you, for usurping a Throne that was never to be yours." he leaned down and cupped her cheek with his warm hand. "You are as cold as Ice, Mab. you are dying even now. Magic is abandoning you." he informed her softly, almost pitying her. Magic was harsh and cruel when it wanted to be. not that she ddn't fully deserve it.

Mab growled, looking angry and upset, even as she trembled as he approached. “N-no. He’s mine.”Mab said stuttering a little, even as her army muttered among themselves, backing away from the dying queen. “....you did not deserve to be born. You might have won this day, but your mother will still die for this.For making this come to pass.”Mab shivered a little staring up at him, wavering, she was indeed dying. Centuries of abuse was killing her quickly now, so quickly that her pulse fluttered even as she lashed out at him with a sword, trying to kill him even as belladonna moved, but knowing she wouldn;t get there in time to stop the blow from falling

"He is Not." h stared at her. "it wa not your attempts to murder my brother and i that i was speaking of, Mab. Sith's baby girls for example. too young to be us, but in your paranoia you ordered them dead anyway." he stated. "How many babies have you murdered, Mab!?" he demanded before pausing. "...My Mother is still alive?" he's always assumed she had died giving birth to him or something. "you won't have time to kill her." he snarled, moving, trying to avoid the sword. he was too slow as well. Ziza, was not. he was charging, the metal ringing like crystal in the air as the silver horn tossed the sword and slit her throat in one swift move, Ziza rearing once more, hooves flashing as he struck invisible enemies, screaming hs rage that a usurper would dare attack his rider. James sighed and watched her slowly bleeding out and dying and he looked over at all the people she had managed to gather and made his decision. "She was Mad. insane and i fear i cannot truly hold her accountable for her own actions. she will have a proper funeral." he decided, gently making her more comfortable during her dying moments. because he couldn't bring himself to mock her. she was insane, dangerous, but she was also fril, old and sick. she was no harm to anyone and Magic itself would judge her when she passed on anyway. a funeral was the least he could do. "Which of you is in charge!?" he demanded of the gathered Army. "and who of this messy rabble knows anything of Titania?!" because it wasn't hard at all to make the connection.

“....I did not. That was mistral, and he has already been judged for that.” “My brother was nothing but your instrument Mab. He would not act without orders.”Belladonna said coldly, not even for a moment believing her, before paling. Running towards james even as Ziza reared, watching mab fall as she reached james, looking him over. “You’re fine?”She muttered before looking down at the dying queen, nodding slightly as she went still. “Yes...a proper funeral. I will see that it is done.”She said looking up at the waiting small army, tilting her head. Before her eyes widened, she hadn’t expected that. Staring at the fae lord walking towards them and stopped, “I am, Lord Byrne.” “Captain Frost, I did not know that you ever took sides in war.” “When my lady demands attention, I must follow.....if only to stop her madness.”Frost frowned, the gauntlet on his fists shimmering with his namesake, indeed he was frost given life, and the act that mab’s sword bore a edge of melting frost said that even if the blow had landed, it would have been dulled. Some, had fought, as best as they could to control mab’s madness. “Indeed. James, may I introduce Frost, mab’s captain of guard, and usually the one who bore the brunt of her rage?”She muttered before tilting her head. “Do you know where the lady is?” “....No. Not for sure. But I think....I think she is in the summer court, a way to hold sway over Oberon, for he could sense her presence, but simply thought it was his response to Lady Mab, not Titiana."

Back
Top Bottom