Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ZOMBIEPOCALYPSE - Updated Pg.1 - 12/22/09 -

Do you like the new scenario?

• Yay.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

The Broken Lunatic

Super-Earth
Anyone?

I'm thinkin' original characters, maybe possibly characters from the movie.

Or maybe just a general Zombie Apocalypse RP?

Update - 12/11/09

Hey guys! Guess what?!

Vampire Seduction approached me with a similar zombiepocalypse roleplay but I told him that I had this one in the works, so we decided to combine the two!

Here's his little newsletter:
vampire seduction said:
Alright, the time you all have waited for has come: thy unveiling of the RP! First I must say that this thread has now become a hybrid being under the care of both The_Broken_Lunatic and myself, as she was to create her own thread similar to my own. With that said, I has details for you all:

This thread with first and foremost be loosely GMed. Unlike many Group RPs, which I consider to be old school, where the thread creator plays the role of most NPCs and seeks to actively propel the characters through the story, in this thread the story belongs mostly in the hands of the players. BL and I shall be players such as yourselves, more or less, and together we will work on behind the scenes plots to make things interesting. It is the job of all of us to make this seem as wonderfully, and horrifically, realistic as possible (in regards to how the survival of our characters will play out.

We will make the story, bringing our own elements into play. We will interact, explore, fight for our lives in this world. There is practically no limit to what we can do, so long as it makes sense in the RP. Basically, play out your character as if you are truly trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world which just happens to contain a fair amount of zombies.

Now, we will be centering this thread in America. Not North America, the United States. Canada and Mexico can be options, however for the sake of simplicity we should all start somewhere in the US. You might wonder what I mean by 'somewhere'. Well, there is no requirement in starting together. We could all start in different cities across the country or we could be clumped in certain ones. The choice is yours. Of course, if you are off on your own (we should be seeking to meet up somehow, have some kind of goal in mind as you go about posting and traveling) then you will likely be seeking out other survivors and trying to stick to the old logic of safety in numbers and basically just stay alive.

You can also make up NPCs that are currently with or maybe you run into someone. Perhaps you stumble across a group of survivors and decide to shack up with them. Just remember: People will be highly suspicious and cautious of newcomers, likely putting them on strict watch until they are certain there is no risk of infection. But yes, you can create a little band of survivors to keep you company.

I should also make one thing clear: characters can, and will, die. It's reality, and you better be damned sure that if this was real, people would be dying for whatever reason. While I said that we wouldn't be driving things, I'm sure there will be times that NPC attacks will occur at our hands, just to keep it interesting. If we decide someone dies then so be it (though it'd prolly be discussed first and we wouldn't be dicks about it). You will be expected to RP out the majority of attacks, whether they be finished in one post or twenty, because what fun is it if you never fight some zombies?

At present, over 90% of the US is dead or turned to walking corpses. This means that survivors are in a vast minority. The zombies in this thread are fast and strong (though not superhuman, just above human) and also intelligent to a point. They are primarily active at night, though they are always 'awake'. They can move and act during the day but they are weakened; which still makes them just about a match for the average human. Infection spreads through bodily fluids, usually blood and saliva and typically caused by zombie fluids being absorbed into the bloodstream or ingested.

Military bases are a decent bet for places to survive. Many, at least the smaller ones, can be quite defensible, though they are in no way immune to attack or possibly in one piece by the time they are reached.

Now, since this point was one of conflict for some of you, I should take the time to mention what sort of characters can be played. There will be some aspect of fantasy to this thread, but it will be strictly limited. Once-human creatures are allowed. Human-like creatures are not. There is a difference. The first is anything such as genetically altered humans, vampires, lycans, etc. The latter type is elves, faeries, ogres, etc. Vampires were once human, elves are a totally separate race. See the difference? As for magic... that's a different story. Very restrictive and not likely to be seen. In fact, the only way I see magic working would be if you played an angel or demon or something, which I don't really consider magic but whatever. What I am trying to get at is that everything mentioned above is limited, as most of the players should be human, and anything fantasy-like should be run by BL and myself.

Also, in regards to infections, vampires and lycans and such and some humans are immune to the virus. However, you are not immune to getting eaten. You're forewarned with that. We won't abide godmoddery, not that I think any of you would do that anyways, just sayin.

Update - 12/22/09

Thread has been created.
Click here.​

Re: Zombieland RP?

I did just have an idea, to change what I previously thought of the zombies. Perhaps the blood would congeal slowly, pumping still through them for awhile after they turned. After a few days, or whatever, it would slow and begin to become thick. Their reoxygenation would be severely hampered after the virus took over, so little by little it would stop getting 'fresh' blood. Perhaps that can be worked into the scheme of different zombie types, eventually.

Not that we decided fully on the state of things (ie the world, what exactly happened after the outbreak started) or how long after the mass outbreak this is.

I am not implying that there can be no middle ground, nor am I suggesting that I won't play or we need to part our threads. I am just stating my opinion on the subject, flawed as it is.

Tis your rp after all.

I guess I really don't have other questions than that.

Fair enough, but you just said that you were sticking to the original idea. Which makes it sound as if you are not comfortable with any other ideas.
To make myself clear, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just want to make sure I'm seeing what you are saying right. I don't want to give the wrong impression ^.^

Also, parting the threads was just my thought on the subject, but that's only if things diverge greatly from what I want to have my thread be like. So, fear not I'm not going to just fly off the handle and leave I just wanted to put that out there, so everyone was clear on that. I felt it more honest and forthcoming to voice my opinion on things that way.

So, yeah, I hope that clear things up. I looked back and saw how some of the things I said could be misconstrued. I like to think myself a fairly reasonable person, and a benign GM :3

No, I am perfectly fine with playing something new, I was however slightly disappointed because I did like the other idea a lot.

I just need to decide who or what I want to play.

Mk, I'm not too clear on what the conflict is about. Is it the supernatural aspect of it or just the general idea of having vamps and wolfies?

I MUST KNOW! DX​

C'mon guys.
I'd really like to hear feedback from the people who are taking part in this.
It's your experience, too.
Tell us what you think.
I'm totally willing to make compromises if it comes down to it.​

Re: ZOMBIEPOCALYPSE - Updated Pg.1 - 12/11/09 -

I voted 'Needs Work', because even with my original thread there was stuff that needed more thinking. Talking with Pony has actually helped a ton, she's been helping kickstart my brain to sharpening my original idea into something that makes more sense.

Major points of discussion:
1) Vampires/Lycans - Where did they come from?
2) Zombie Characteristics

1) Essentially, I have the belief that they originated from the same virus that has now created the zombies. This happened centuries ago, allowing for the differences in their attributes.
The original vampire host had a mutation which occurred, forming the virus into what is known as vampirism. The virus feeds primarily on blood, hence the reason that they need to drink it, however death by lack of feeding is a very painful and long process. Also, the more a vampire ages the stronger he becomes. This is because the virus has aided in their natural healing properties and also speeds muscle growth. Think of it like when you work out, just with more of a kick. Gives a bit of realism to it. At the start, they lose a good deal of their skin pigmentation and have a vulnerability to sunlight, mostly because it hurts like a sonofabitch, though over many centuries they may adapt to this and become resistant. Also, when they feed they regain their natural skin color temporarily, allowing them to be less noticeable in crowds. Their minds work on a different level, the virus stimulating it in ways that allows it to function with greater capacity. They are, for most purposes, dead still however it is more of a state of unlife: alive but not wholly. They retain their capacity for thought, and their old personality, but they are changed into something almost entirely new.
The lycan host had a mutation which gave them a state of self induced hyper-evolution. When they undergo the change, the virus causes their bodies rapidly shift and mutate, taking on the aspects commonly associates with werewolves. Muscle capacity is, at the least, doubled, and their physical attributes are significantly increased all around. Once exhausted or willfully induced, the virus devolves them, returning them to their original human state. The process, obviously, is extremely painful both ways and leads to a significantly weakened host afterwards.

2) The zombies must originate when an infected host dies. Soon after, it stimulates the brain into resending the electrical pulses throughout the body. The brain has been rapidly altered, practically a new organ in itself, and is no longer dependent on things such as oxygen. It is self-sustaining with the help of the virus. For a good deal of time after the transformation (weeks, at least, I would think), the body seems to function as a normal human's. Zombies can still be readily identified because, though they function at almost full capacity, there is some erratic behavior in how they move. Thought capacity is drastically reduced, the virus essentially controlling all coordination for the body. Over time the basic functions of the body will diminish, resulting in a lowered capacity for movement and such (ie devolving their bodies into a more traditional zombie type). Before this takes place, they are similar to your average human, drawing strength and ability from the body's actual physical makeup and skills.

This is what I have thought up for us so far, and it seems to make the zombie/vampire/lycan idea make a lot more sense. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me, though what happens to the lycan after so many said transformations and they are too weak to live?

Ohh no no, the weakness only lasts until they rest. Just physical exhaustion, ya know

I kinda like how Loony had described the stages that normal zombies went through depending on their state of decomposition. It was pretty easy to understand and made perfect sense.

Ah to be honest, I missed that. She didn't mention it so I didn't think of looking for it lol

It's somewhere on this thread. Can't be too hard to find, it's only 4 pages.

Survivor00 said:
INFECTION TIMELINE

Hour 0: Infected

Hour 1: Pain and discoloration (brown-purple) of the infected area. Immediate clotting of the wound (provided the infection came from a wound).

Hour 5: Fever (99-103 degrees F), chills, slight dementia, vomiting, acute pain in the joints.

Hour 8: Numbing of extremities and infected area, increased fever (103-106 degrees F), increased dementia, loss of muscular coordination.

Hour 11: Paralysis in the lower body, overall numbness, slowed heart rate.

Hour 16: Coma.

Hour 20: Heart stoppage. Zero brain activity.

Hour 23: Reanimation. Fresh Corpse - Fast Zombie. Most infections occur in this timeframe, as the reanimated will be in hospitals, ambulances, and highly-populated areas.

Hour 27: Rigor Mortis sets in. Zombie becomes slow and shambling. Zombie is vulnerable in this state - however panic prevents organized responses from forming.

Hour 40+: Muscles begin to loosen again. Zombies regain speed, however they will only degrade from this state.

Day 20+: Zombies continue to degrade at a slow rate. Over time, speed decreases and becomes more shambling as muscles decay.

Month 3+: Zombies are completely Romero-style now. New infections repeat the cycle. Source of infection keeps bodies from decaying away at a normal rate.

Year 1+: Older zombies have mostly decayed away. Most remain, although they are in bad shape. You can 'date' when a person was infected by the condition their body is in.

SETTING
Set at least 23 Weeks after Initial Outbreak.
Class 3 - Class 4 outbreak in an Urban Environment.
United States - Possibly West Coast/American Southwest region? - I could make a fictional city for this if needed.

VIRUS
Viral infection spreads through fluid contact, however some people are immune to infection.
Virus incubates inside necrotic tissue. Biting could be a method of spreading the virus.

ZOMBIES
Varies between Fast Zombies (Fresh, recently reanimated corpses.) And Romeros (Slow, shambling types.)
'Special' Zombies - Either humans who reacted differently to the virus, or a zombie who became something other than a carrier. Possibly depends on the environment or the person.​

Totally just posted that.
Incidentally, it's a mesh up of Survivor's and my timetables.​

Hmmmm... I've been thinking about this for a while now. Never really took off with it. It'd be fun to get back into again.

I took a look, might need some refining but I like the timeline

Also, does anyone else have anything to offer? Only a handful of everyone has said anything, I for one as getting sick of waiting. Who's in or out? Who has issues?

I have no issues whatsoever aside from the only gripe being the timeline. Count my ass in.

Okay, so I know I haven't said much lately but have been semi-busy
Still lookin to start this, so anyone that hasn't read up on things, do so asap.

Back
Top Bottom