Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoard of the Dragon Queen IC

Watching the kobold literally head for the hills, Jasmine turned to her allies. "Alright, so here's my idea: I can disguise myself as one of the cultists we killed, and I can probably pull it off...but neither of you is particularly stealthy or much of an actor. My idea is that I chain you up...loosely, of course, but so that it looks secure...and I bring you in as prisoners. Thoughts?"

"I was going to give Bran a kiss so that he could move more stealthy." Belle admitted.

"But your plan sounds intriguing." She admits with a slight pink tinge.

"Of course, if you'd prefer the chains to be secure...in case they decide to test them...we could do that as well," Jasmine says with a slight smirk, enjoying the sight of Belle's tinged cheeks.

"What do you mean about a kiss making me stealthy, though?" Bran turned to Belle, wanting to hear all suggestions.

"If I recall correctly, Belle can bestow a blessing upon a person to improve their stealth capabilities. I'm not sure how effective this will be, given how...attention-grabbing your armor can be."

"Uh, let's save that for later," Bran chuckled, fidgeting uncomfortably. "I'm still sort of covered in blood, here." He turned back to Jasmine. "I guess it's your plan after all."

Nodding, Jasmine pulls some chains and manacles out of her backpack. Pretending that carrying around manacles isn't a strange thing to do, she proceeds to chain up her friends, closing them but not locking them, instead keeping the "closed" with some string; strong enough to resist the little pulls that come from moving around, but not strong enough to hold up under a real attempt to get free.

Satisfied with her job there, she adds a couple other touches: a similarly sturdy-looking-but-actually-weak peace bond on her friends weapons. Taking ahold of the chains, she focused on the half-orc bandit, before taking his brawny form.

"Onward, captives!" 'he' cried out in his deep, more masculine voice.

You remember the kobold mentioning a rearguard ambush being set up. You should be on the watch for that, even disguised as you are.

The sight of Jasmine suddenly being replaced by a burly half-orc man made Bran distinctly uncomfortable. "Okay," he shook his head slowly, "this is really weird." Nevertheless, he fell into line at her word, hanging his head and trying to look defeated.

As you travel, you spot a large stone outcropping, perfect for an ambush. Recalling the kobold's words, you know that's exactly what's lying in wait.

What will you do?

Belle's going to scan the area trying to locate where the enemies were.

But Bran in front of her, and the chain bumping against her wrist, were very distracting.

[Roll a perception check? Got a 6]

Back
Top Bottom